we're not here to see the sea
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've been beat up my whole life
I've been shot down, kicked out twice
”Can’t?” Nate croaks, swallowing hard before he replaces the hand over his eyes with the crook of Sunjata’s neck. It shouldn’t affect him so much, should hurt so badly to be told he’s broken, not when he already knows it, but having it pointed out, having all his defences and lies torn down so easily is something he’d never expected.

And at the end of it all, to be told he can’t be fixed, that there’s no hope for him? It does nothing but make the call of darkness, the shadows and blood Amalia so luridly describes sound more and more appealing, a warm embrace compared to this.

But not compared to Sunjata. Nate turns into his lover more firmly, letting the attuned defend him. Trusting him to be strong, when all Nate feels is shattered. Convictions roll over him, offering comfort, security on their way to barb at the Demi-god. Both his arms snake around his fiancé, clinging to him like a buoy in a dark sea. ”Sunny.” The name is whispered against his lovers skin, leading the way for Nate’s lips, a brief kiss, before he turns, still shrouded, to glare at Amalia, eye swimming in an iridescent sheen.
Ain't no stoppin' me tonight
I'ma get all the things I like
NATE
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
you drew memories in my mind I could never erase
painted colors in my heart I could never replace
And just as quickly as they gathered, the storm clouds abruptly break.

Amalia looks at them through watery eyes and sees not men, but children. Children who are sad, broken, all the things she accused them of being, but for all of that together. They cling and meld until they are one, a monster with two faces and one beating heart. They are small and dark and wicked and broken, but at least they are united.

Amalia is alone.

She staggers back, her feet unsteady on the suddenly shifting sand. The world tumbles and churns beneath her, less land than water, thick inky blackness that grips at her ankles and bare toes. "I didn't give up," she whispers hoarsely, dark eyes wild as an animals and she stares down at the beast. "I didn't give up. But I didn't- I couldn't-"

She stumbles, falls, landing on her tailbone with a painful thud. Knees tuck instinctively against her chest, and the girl buries her face within it, blotting out the bright light of day. "Go away," Amalia snarls, her claw-like nails digging into her knees. "Leave me alone leave me alone I'm all alone I'll always be alone alone alone alone-!" She trails off, the word repeated until it is more emotion than word, a long and lonely moan.
meet me where the falling stars live
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// a reminder, ready when you find her, i repress the iridescence of a fire
won't you mind him, steady when you find him, i confess the incandescence of a dyin' light //
She’s breaking him and he can feel it as if Nate’s an extension, a part of him that he can feel fracturing as he holds him close, barks his determination in fixing his lover. The whispered name against his skin has Sunjata’s arms growing tighter, more protective over him, spitting venom and daggers back at Amalia. Because as far as he’s concerned, she has given up. She hasn’t exhausted all the options given to her, too driven by the old gods.

But Sunjata recalls telling Safrin that he couldn’t choose.

He recalls Safrin telling him that the Ascended wouldn’t be the same or cease to exist. And with it, the fact he could hide Nate, time for him to keep trying.

And wasn’t it Amalia’s brother that had caused this? If Sunjata had gotten to Nate first, would he have Attuned instead? Seen the pros of that rather than being connected to the Voice?

His head throbs and he can’t help the curl of his lip in distaste as Amalia breaks too. And Sunjata, as always, breaks inside. A stony exterior on the outside to be strong for Nate while he crumbles internally with her vindictiveness.

So he tugs Nate, pulling him away from the snarling, wailing Shield. “You never had to be. But that was a choice too, wasn’t it?” He snaps back, turning and glancing over his shoulder before wrapping his arms around Nate to drag him away should the Ascended want to go.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
A switch flips in Nate's mind, something like sense, like clarity jolting into him, and he finds all of their positions swapped; Amalia suddenly small, helpless, Sunjata leaning over a chasm, and he's... safe. Still broken, but wrapped up, protected, well loved and well taken care of. He sees Amalia, sees a child, lashing out because they don’t know how to ask for help, don’t know they need help. It’s familiar.

Bare feet dig into the sand, Nate not letting himself be pulled away. He can’t let Sunjata go either though, not when the attuned needs the same kind of support, needs arms wrapped around him. Slowly, but insistently, Nate sinks down, onto his knees, trying to draw his fiancé along, trying to keep them pressed together

”Hey.” It’s louder than he means, sterner, to get through Amalia’s sad noises, through the Shields shield of limbs. ”You’re not alone.” His hand lifts away from Sunjata, to reach out towards her, not stretching, but there. The choice, the effort, is left squarely to Amalia. ”Give me your hand.”
NATE
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She deserves to lose the large figure, the looming figure, the mountain, the revenant, the Sword. The shift in their positions is stark and abrupt, yet as Amalia looks up at the retreating demon she feels an odd sort of peace. This is what her life always led to, the moment of inevitability. She chose to be lonely, to be alone, to walk a path of gods and prayer and sinking, shifting sand. He's right, it was a choice she made, even if it was the one that hurt.

Better for them to leave, she thinks.  Better to be alone.

The stern commandment catches her off guard, though. Blinking up through her haze and discomfort, Amalia sees the other demon still before her on the ground, reaching out with a hand like fire that blazes in the sun. "I'm not alone?" the Shield echoes, confusion and tears choking her voice. "You're not alone. You have a fire." She reaches out with trembling fingers to close his hand into a fist, pushing it gently away.

"You should be together. You love each other the right way." It's a sad sigh, bittersweet, nostalgic as smoke on the breeze. "You don't like me, but you like each other. And I like Safrin." Nodding at the certainty of this statement, the Shield focuses abruptly back on Nate, then up to Jata. "I like him more than the other one. Even if he bites."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// a reminder, ready when you find her, i repress the iridescence of a fire
won't you mind him, steady when you find him, i confess the incandescence of a dyin' light //
He never intended to stick around, never would’ve wanted to remain in the spiraling gale that the Shield causes in her tears. But Nate – Nate intends to stay, and Sunjata does too. If for no other reason but because he does. And as Sunjata’s made it perfectly clear, there’s nothing that the Flood wouldn’t do for him.

And so he stays. He stays.

He reluctantly lets Nate go a fraction to approach the Shield, eyes wary and perhaps a bit watery as Nate pulls him down too. And so he drops to a knee, keeping Nate close as can be, standing before the Shield of Safrin as if she’d lash out and bite off the hand that Nate offers. He doesn’t know why he does. He’s a better man than Sunjata is.

He’s content to spiral away and let Amalia crash and burn along the sands.

But then she says something that has him sighing, low and long through his nose. “It’s not… It’s not that I don’t like you.” He tries to correct, unable to form the words and thoughts that cross his mind. “You just judge too harshly.” It comes out quietly – because Sunjata was trying. He’d never intended to have Peter and Adam die. He never intended for him and Deimos and Amalia to become enemies of a sort. “I never wanted you to hate me. I never wanted to hate you.

But his gaze shudders as he glances over toward Nate at the comment, unable to stay standing so long, wishing to give Nate the attention and acknowledgement the man deserves. His head bumps against Nate’s shoulder, eyes shutting out the sun. “He’s a good one.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
He's not doing this to be good, to be better, not really. There's just this voice, this terrible guilt, this weight, that won't let him turn his back to anyone, not when he has a hand to offer, not when they're hurting. Even if it shakes when he reaches out. When all Amalia does is close his hand, push it away, Nate looks at it confused, then back up at her, eye roaming over her hair, her forehead. "You... had one too, didn't you?" His hand rises, coming back close to his chest like he'll feel the warmth she's seeing.

"The right way?" What did that mean? Anything? Nothing? It was like they were each having a different conversation, watching the others from the outside and not understanding anything but the pieces. He feels like Amalia is trying to give him something, and he just doesn't know how to hold it, doesn't have the faintest idea.

There's just one more thing he needs to say, before he quiets down, lets his fiance speak. "I don't like you." Nate declares matter of factly, no hint of malice or anger in the confirmation. The sky is blue, the sea is wet, he doesn't get along with Amalia. Having it out in the open at least felt like a weight off his chest. His one eyed gaze turns in the direction of his fiance, though the ascended is looking past the other man, into the distance, the edge of the beach where sand turned into jungle. Slowly at first, but picking up speed quickly, he nods along to the assertation that Amalia judges too harshly, joining a dialogue he has no place in, not for the first time.

Attention on him immediately has Nate squirming, flinching back away from Amalia's focus, and shrinking down under Sunjata's. He wants it, but not like this, not in a way he can't control. "M'nothing special." He tries to insist, voice sounding weak in his own ears, his eyes closing against the sudden spotlight on him.
NATE
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It is difficult for Amalia to comprehend Sunjata's unexpected declaration of not-dislike; far easier, then, then, to turn to Nate and nod in agreeable understanding. "I don't like you either," she confirms, because at the end of the day she doesn't, and that's simply how life works. Some people you like, some people you don't.

Some people are Ascended assholes who come to your shop and touch your last nerve after cheating on your brother.

And then, suddenly, the Shield laughs, a rich and unabated thing. Before she realizes she's clutching her sides, tears in her eyes and a bright grin on her face as she shakes her head emphatically, trying to catch her breath "No he's not," Amalia declares, just in time with Nate's denial. "He's bad. But he knows he's bad. So that's good, in a way."

Still chuckling to herself, the girl unsteadily stands. "I'm going to find the Star," she declares to the men who she does not dislike. "Don't drown. The sea wants to eat you." And with that she turns around, making her uncertain way towards where she thinks that Ronin's house might be and definitely getting very lost in the process.

{finnnnn}
Amalia