Training the thought that I might be cancer too
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
Loren chuffed out some air at Oliver's questions. Nahhhhhhh. Unicorns can't grow things. Clawing a bit more bark off the offending tree, the healer added, They heal things or go 'wheeeee zoommmmm.'

As the blacksmith pleaded with the lion to leave and the other man shifted back to human, the Firebrand poked his head around the trunk. What he saw there caused him to go entirely still. Despite the fact that Oliver was Loren's friend, right now all the lion could think about was how much like prey the other man looked, weak and sick and half-drowned. And how much energy Loren needed in this form.

So the Firebrand padded out from his hiding spot. Tensing for a moment, he gathered his muscles beneath him. Then, as Astra bleated a warning and rushed forward, he pounced at the blacksmith, reversing their roles from earlier.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
There was a hum and Oliver thinks for a moment. ”I’ve never seen a fast unicorn before... just the ones who heal. Why is that? Why don’t more unicorns wanna run fast? Did all the fast ones die?” His line of questions morph more and more morbid in direction and he doesn’t even realize it.

A gasp escaped his lips at the bleating, looking just in time to see the beast pounce for him. ”Loren!” Immediately shifting into his leopard form, Oliver went into full fight or flight mode. Rather than staying and trying to fight, he’d try to take one swipe at Loren’s face before making an attempt to bolt. It would hopefully buy him enough time to run away and find a place to hide away. His heart was pounding, his body aches, he was exhausted, and he was fucking terrified.
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
I don't know. Loren made that hacking sound in the back of his throat. Maybe the zoom zoom unicorns are too fast, so people can't catch them to bond them.

Unfortunately, intelligent thought (what little he was capable of at the moment) departed entirely. As Oliver swiped at the lion's face, he snarled. Even though the leopard's claws didn't score a hit against the Firebrand's fur, his pounce was fouled by the other man's strike.

So instead of landing on top of Oliver, Loren landed right next to the blacksmith. Still growling, he shot one paw up and out and then down. His goal was to try and pin the leopard's lower half to the ground.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
A hum of thought. "I'll have to ask unicorn experts for their stories." That'd hopefully help him out with learning how unicorns work. Part of him does want a unicorn as a friend. He'd really like a friend like what everyone else has... but he isn't sad about it! No- no he's not sniffle.

The fun and enjoy was eliminated and all thoughts of unicorns had been wiped away.

Heart racing, Oliver tried to slip away but unfortunately, a massive paw came crashing down into him, shoving him into the ground. Reaching up with his paw, he'd aim to scratch directly at Loren's eyes. No consideration for his friend was taken into account. He was about to die and had to do absolutely anything to save himself. Meanwhile, he screamed out through the bond. HELP! I'm being attacked! Surely another Attuned was in the forest and could help him. Surely.
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Oliver's strike didn't connect. However, Loren's eyes widened as he saw the claws headed for his, well, eyes. Rearing back, he released the leopard to avoid the blow.

Unfortunately, this caused the lion to land in a rather undignified sitting position. At the blacksmith's wild cries, though, the healer whirled around, planting himself between the other man and danger.. Where?! Who?! What?! Growling, the Firebrand swiped at the air and then pawed at the ground, showing whatever assailant was out there who was boss.

Astra ignored Loren's antics. Instead, she trotted forward towards Oliver. Kneeling beside the leopard, she nuzzled him, pressing herself against his side.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The swipe didn't land but it causes Loren to lurch backwards. Frozen in place for a moment, Oliver is only brought back to reality when the Luxere rushes over to his side.

A soft purr eminates from Oliver in an attempt to calm himself down and signal to Astra that he wasn't dead. Nuzzling her side, he takes the opportunity to run off a few feet away. Quickly, he shifts down into his fox form and dives into a hole he had spotted before Loren had smacked him to the ground. Going deep into the hole, about seven feet down, Oliver curled up into a very tight ball.

Due to the fact that he was still soaking wet, his fur becomes caked with mud, his body absolutely trembling. I'm sorry. Please don't kill me. He could just imagine the lion looming over the hole, roaring and pawing his way towards Oliver.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Oliver shifted and dove into the hole, Astra bleated. Standing up, she trotted after him. Looking inside, she ended up settling on the ground in front of it.

Loren continued to growl and swipe at nothing. When no opponent presented itself, he paused. Sniffing the air, he pulled it in through his mouth, activating the sacs in the roof of it. No peculiar scent jumped out at him.

Turning as the blacksmith's thoughts filtered through the bond, the healer stopped when he saw the luxere and no sign of the other man. What? What're you sorry about? Why in the world would I try to kill you? Padding forward, the Firebrand moved his head around his companion and peered into the hole.

When he saw the fox curled up inside, the lion made a hacking sound. Are we digging holes now? Yawning, he swiped once at the ground. Then he shook his mane and settled in for a rest. Eh. Too much work.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Wait-

What?

Was... Loren not the one who attacked him? Oliver could've sworn it was the massive lion, but now that he thought hard... was it really Loren? It was trippy and it made his brain hurt even more than before. Letting out a groan, Oliver buried his face into his paws, trying to force himself to be normal.

I- I don't know... I thought you attacked me but... I don't know... Still clearly trembling, Oliver was unable to see the lion above him or that Astra was by the hole as well.

His ears raised up ever so slightly but he didn't dare raise his head. Loren? Can... can we please go somewhere safe? I don't like it here anymore... it's scary and everything is trying to kill me... I'm so scared and I feel so tired and cold. He wanted to just... sleep.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren let out a huff of air. Ignoring the look Astra was giving him, he just responded to Oliver. No no no, you attacked me, remember? As a unicorn? And then the water tried to get both of us. The luxere bleated and shook her head, her antlers glowing softly. The lion found himself temporarily mesmerized by them.

When the blacksmith made his request, the healer patted the ground next to the other man's hidey-hole, since the Firebrand couldn't actually reach Oliver. Sure. We can relocate. Loren glanced at the Oasis one last time and growled at it.

Then he rose to his feet. Staggering towards the trees, he attempted to lead them somewhere else, which was hopefully warmer and more civilized.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Shaking his head rapidly even though Loren would never see, Oliver struggled to make sense of what just happened. But- but... someone attacked me... someone tried to kill me... I was just trying to get warm and dry and then something jumped at me... I thought it was you but I don't know what to even believe anymore. It was so confusing and scary. What was wrong with him? What was going on?!

It took a bit of coaxing on his own part to slowly make his way out of the hole. Ears were pricked straight up and his tail was tucked tightly between his legs. Immediately, he darted to hide underneath Astra. Hopefully, she'd be willing to allow him to simply walk with her, staying hidden between her hooves. He didn't want to be alone, not right now, and Loren wasn't even waiting for him. What's wrong with me... He'd probably never get the answer to it.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
Growling, Loren clawed at the ground, leaving gouges in the mud. Who? he demanded. Who tried to kill you? Snarling, he shook out his mane and puffed out his fur, trying to intimidate any watchers. You jumped at me. Remember? But I'll jump at anyone who tries to jump with you, don't worry.

Astra was more than happy to let Oliver stay beneath her. Although the lion did bound ahead, the luxere stayed with the little fox, trotting at whatever pace the blacksmith chose to set. Regardless, the small group swiftly left the Oasis behind, heading away from the water and (hopefully) somewhere safer for everyone.

-FIN
LOREN