Ask Forgiveness, Beg Permission
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
Cause I’ve been making something out of nothing…Like my soul
Well, this was the moment Bastien had both been dreading and waiting for for weeks. Finally, he was going to speak to Safrin (or at least try to). When he had been given her quest only weeks ago he had not imagined he would have been able to create what he had so quickly - a place for himself but also, yes, for her - he wished to see her again more than anything, feel the touch of her on his skin.

He approached the shrine with one of the cloths he had painted, ethereal ghostly faces among stars on dyed, blue fabric. One of his best. Laying it down before him, he bent his forehead almost to the ground.

"La più santa dea, Safrin. Please listen to my prayer. I do not know if you can always hear and see me anyway, but I shall tell you what I have tried to do. You gave me the task of making sure people knew your name. I knew I could do that in a way that they would never forget it, using my talents. I have made a place. A church. For you. In it people will celebrate, drink, talk. Stay a while surrounded by your image. I hope our actions inside of this place can bring you pleasure, for they are all dedicated to you. Another follower of yours, Ronin. He has helped."

He laid a hand on the cloth before him. "I told you I was an artist. Since I have met you I have tried to create the moment again and again in my mind and on my canvas. On these cloths. Everywhere I can. In the minds of those who will listen. I ask only your approval to continue...and perhaps a chance to see you again."

With everything said, he looked up to the shrine with bated breath and waited.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

Was it true the gods could always hear the mortals? What a pesky and uninteresting question.

What was true however, was that the pendant Bastien wore was more than simply an emblem of the goddess.

The shrine would appear as it had, candles softly burning and the feeling of weighty atmosphere lingering like a mist. But Safrin would not appear there. Instead, the artist would feel her finger tips like cucumber-cool pulses against his temples, one hand sliding across his chest as the goddess leaned him back from his position of supplication and back against her. Gently she cradled him like this as if she might tilt his head at any moment to plant a kiss on his cheek—

—or snap his neck.

With a whispered breath, the goddess disappeared from behind the artist to appear on the shrine wearing a garment created out of the cloth he'd just placed there. However instead of stagnant stars and images, the fabric had been subtly brought to life as if nothing that touched Safrin's skin could possibly remain still and lifeless.

"A church.." The deity mused, the word leaving an unfamiliar taste in her mouth. It had been so long since the likeness of such had been established. In her experience they had to be watched very carefully lest her image be dragged through the muck. Still, Safrin was a vain creature and that Bastien had gone to such lengths after just one meeting was indeed encouraging.

She knew—we won't get into how—about this little gathering. A pregnant woman and a boy who'd been toyed with by both Ludo and Frey? What they saw in him she didn't quite know, and the deity was inclined to believe that Vanya had only showed up because Ronin had.

Nibbling her lip delicately, the goddess leaned forward, cascading eyes alighting on Bastien as a smile pulled at her full and painted lips. "And the meeting with the midwife?" She baited gently.

Safrin
The devil is not as black as he is painted

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien breathed a sigh of blissful relief as he felt the fingers on his temple, chest - he leaned back willingly into the feeling of Safrin, eyes closing as he smiled at her presence. He could feel the undercurrent of danger, the hint of a threat. But he was too thrilled that she had responded at all to fear her too much.

His skin mourned the loss of her behind him, but he smiled when he saw the cloth he had brought on her body, thinking it had to be some kind of approval.

"..Well. A church in name alone, really..." He mumbled, noting how she said it with an air of something he interpreted as distaste. "I can change the name, if you like."

At first he was confused at the question, before remembering that the stupida piccola idiota he'd fought with had been a midwife. Knowing he had said some things in that conversation that were not useful here (namely that he'd go to another deity if needed) he held his breath for just a moment, knowing he had to be careful.

"A child. She doesn't understand what it is I'm trying to do. Although perhaps she was right I should have asked you first if this was in line with your....domain...but. This is my ability, Goddess. Things like this. Places of culture and art and freedom. To have your name associated with them makes people remember you well. ...I know that." He had been something of a God himself in Venice, his name whispered reverently on the lips of young people coming for a good time in the city.

"If...I have done anything to offend, I apologise. Give me only the chance to fix it and I shall."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"Mmm." Safrin mused thoughtfully, the lights falling softly to a warm and cozy blackness broken only by a halo of light that seemed to emanate from the goddess. "It isn't the same dear one, more the concept...But we shall see. I am not so old that I cannot be surprised."

Listening intently with eyes like a predator watching its helpless victim scurry back and forth, Safrin smiled sweetly. "How much I have grown to enjoy the sound of your voice, darling one." She purred, lashes fluttering with the secrets of the cosmos. For a moment tension was rife in the air, her insipid phrasing perhaps suggesting....

Her smile widened. "But you must go where your strengths are, as you say. Besides, anyone taken by Frey—" Safrin tutted and shook her head, clear displeasure and disapproval writ clearly on her exquisite features. "—I would not waste your pretty words on them."

"Offend?" Safrin mused, her head shaking gently sending a cascade of starshine down her luxurious hair to fall into her lap and onto the floor. "No dear one, your initiative is impressive and I do not doubt your church will be the place of artistic freedom that you envision. Perhaps this will help—" Raising a hand, a candle appeared in her palm. It was tall and slender but did not appear made out of wax, but instead was dark and shimmered with an eternity of minuscule points of starlight. When lit it would bathe the room in a sultry and soft darkness rather than light, and stars would appear to shine across the surfaces providing a gently glow.

Safrin

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
It seemed Safrin was happy enough to compliment his voice, so Bastien relaxed a little, smiled. He knew how to play this kind of game, at least. "Dea, I can say whatever you want. Just tell me what you'd like to hear."

To hear in explicit terms that he wasn't causing offence made his smile grow into a full grin, laughter bubbling in his chest from pure relief. His happiness only continued when he saw the gift Safrin had for him, a candle with such beauty he could hardly believe it was such a mundane object. Softly, he reached forward to take it, careful to not snatch it from her.

"Thank you, Safrin. This is more than I could have hoped for." He turned the candle in his hands, watching it catch the light and sparkle. Seeing something material in his hands brought it truly to reality that she approved of his endeavours, and Bastien felt the beginnings of tears prick at his eyes.

"You have given me a purpose, la più bella e santa dea del mio cuore. It is a gift better than anything I could have asked for. Please, tell me if there is anything else you want me to do. Anything. A special request." He did have a fantasy in his mind of what the ideal special request would be, but he didn't dare to voice it.

Change author:

Tsking gently under her breath, the goddess wagged her finger at him with a wink. "Now darling where is the fun in that?" She scoffed slightly, though her expression was still one of patient amusement. It made sense that with their short lives the mortals needed guidance...but that was part of what she liked about them so. Their compulsiveness. Their freewill. Their shortsighted needs and wants. It was all so adorable. So no, she'd not put words in Bastien's mouth merely to have them parroted back to her.

Even now as Bastien's eager and masculine subtext rifled through the air, Safrin didn't abuse him of his hopes. "Anything?" She whispered whimsically, tossing her head back with a silvery laugh, and shaking her head. Mortals were so predictable. Men even more so. "I shall keep that in mind. Though perhaps there is something you might do.."

Opening her palm three more necklaces appeared of the very same sort she'd given Ronin and Bastien. Well. Almost the same anyways. These were smaller and the insignia of the eye perhaps not quite as bright. Other differences as well that the artist wouldn't notice. "For those you truly deem worthy." Before she handed them over, the goddess tilted her chin upwards slightly with a warning. "But do be careful darling, I would not see these fall into the wrong hands."

Safrin

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Anything." He repeated, nodding fervently. Bastien sat up a little hopefully as she continued; while it was not what he had thought or expected the necklaces were still a wonderful thing indeed, a chance to become more of an official disciple, to earn himself followers.

He took them into his hands, holding them up to the light and admiring them. His was better, he could tell, but they were still beautiful. "I promise to you. They will not go to the wrong people."

Feeling emboldened by the success of the meeting so far and his gifts, he decided to try and ask a question from their first meeting again, but changed the phrasing so it was less obvious. "Safrin...I must admit I am...infinitely curious as to what your...area. Is. I know that Frey is something to do with sex...? If I am to hold this church, gather people to you..it would be good for me to know, hm?"

Change author:

Shifting slightly so that the fabric of her gown draped off of one shoulder, the goddess regarded Bastien for a moment with a thoughtfully displeased expression. "Frey is something to do with sex?" She repeated, nostrils flaring slightly as she tossed her head back with a dramatic grimace. "Frey is sex." Safrin said blandly. "They delight in passion and nothing else. That there are any devoted to them is laughable. But then, mortals are stupid enough to fall for anything." Realizing the implications of this, Safrin's expression softened considerably as she looked down towards Bastien. "Do not put is into boxes dear one. We shall not fit." Stretching out a hand (was her arm suddenly longer? Or had he moved closer somehow?) she gently stroked the side of his face.

"I do not have an area as you might think of it. But we all serve someone Bastien, even me."

Safrin

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
While he felt like he was being spoken to as a child, Bastien was still desperate for answers, so he simply nodded along with Safrin's words. Personally he thought being a God devoted to passion and sex sounded pretty great, but if Safrin disliked Frey so much he supposed there had to be a reason. She hardly seemed prudish...

Lightly, he rested his hand over the fingers on his face. "...Alright. Then I shall not ask anymore. I suppose it does not matter when I know the Goddess I follow is...wonderful." He did believe it truly, but Bastien was also using some of the skills he'd picked up back when he had to charm nobles, playing into vain ideas of themselves.

"May I come back to see you once I have given out the necklaces, Safrin?"

Change author:

His fingers over hers would spark white-cold electricity in his veins that would surge through his entire body. With the potency of a lightning bolt but none of the pain every nerve in his body would be alight, every inch of his skin crying out for her.

Vain? Certainly. That Bastien would play to this clear streak of vanity was not worrisome to the goddess. That he thought he could ever be more cunning or manipulative than she was laughable. Still, he'd done more for her than many had in decades. He'd won her patience on that account alone.

For now.

"Of course, sugar." She hummmed sweetly, her finger gliding off of his chin with a bright chime-like peal of laughter. As her laughter died away, so too did her form. The star trails of lights that had glided softly around the room disappeared and the temple returned to its normal state of brightness.

Safrin