in bloom [seasonal event!]
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
R E X A N N A
golden child, lion girl — tell me what it’s like to conquer.
Rexanna had spent a good part of the day staring at the notice board, reading all the information that had been posted about deepfrost. Her eyes scanned it over and over again. “Longnight is coming.” Followed by instructions, food and water and things to stuff floorboards with. A sigh escaped her lips at the idea, and how little she had been prepared, but she took note of everything. With that pad of paper and the quill set Remi had gifted her, she jotted notes down at the top of the page.

She didn’t even know what a Luxere was, but she wrote it down too. Perhaps she could ask someone about it later, to see if it were possible to meet such a creature. She continued to read further, snorting at the “pure of heart” section that she was certain she wouldn’t be able to do. The glow stones would have to wait. Biting on her lip, she continued to write plans as to how to fix the floor boards of her home, and where she’d be able to store firewood for however long it was. Perhaps Deimos could help her with that?

The thoughts muddled together, and she soon found herself sitting on the ground beneath the notice board, paper and quill in hand as she made her plans, uncertain of where to even start. It had all became so daunting the more she wrote out.

Amalia
fearless child, broken girl — tell me what it’s like to burn.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

She had been out to the market early that morning, buying up the last of the local grain to add to her collection for Deepfrost stores. There was not much, but there was never much, and every year they had gotten by - to an extent, at least. Though the influx of Outlanders had Amalia worried: the bubble could only support so many, had barely supported them. How would they fare with so many more mouths to feed, so many strangers lost upon their doorsteps? The thought had plagued the baker for some time, and so as the day grew later she found herself once more, trudging to the Temple in hopes of finding more cereal stored there.

A frequent stop on her daily journeys, the notice board had once been a gathering place, an advertisement for entertainment in the interludes where someone cared enough to put on a show. These days it was fraught with warnings, memos to and from the Outlanders about goings on and disappearances, concerns and quandaries. She had not yet seen the most recent addition: evidently a particularly fatalistic warning about Deepfrost, had people chattering and twittering in the temple halls. Amalia skirted around them quietly, her footsteps soft on the familiar floor as she traced the path to the information hub.

Nearing the board she drew to a stop, blinking. An unfamiliar woman sat upon the ground, wholly absorbed, it seemed, in her work. Was she writing a memo? Taking notes? "What are you doing?" From behind the stranger Amalia frowned, more curious than anything, her deep voice a quiet question lit with a suggestion of help. Another step closer; unabashed, the baker peered over the stranger's shoulder, trying to make sense of the scene. She slid the heavy sack of grain from her shoulder, letting it rest upon the ground. "Can I help you?"

amalia
i've been watching your kindness keep
a lonely company - look at the fire and think of me
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
R E X A N N A
At first, Rexanna hadn’t noticed the person stare at her as she sat beneath the notice board. There had been many a person that had stopped by to look at the board, ignoring her completely. But this woman, when her sapphire gaze lifted and it landed on Amalia as she stared back, she was almost nervous. Was she not supposed to take notes of everything needed for deepfrost? Was it something so simple that one couldn’t simply forget? She gathered her things and stood as Amalia moved closer, offering the woman a friendly smile.

I’m sorry if I shouldn’t have been doing that. I’m trying to figure out what all I need to do for Longnight.” She announced in her sultry, honey dipped voice as she offered another awkward smile to Amalia. “I figured I’d make note of a… Luxere, and whatever else I need to do to ask someone about it later.” She added, perhaps a bit quicker. She tucked the bundle under her arm before gesturing to the bag she noticed and everything else Amalia carried.

Her head lifted back to the woman with a softer smile. “Can I help you?” She hummed, gesturing to the bag of grain. Perhaps in doing so, this woman could help her out in understanding what it was about and what all she would need in the next coming weeks?

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Almost like a wounded animal the woman turned her stare to Amalia, who in turn balked and stepped away, unsure of the mistake she has certainly made. A flush colored her angular cheeks as she watched the woman gather herself and stand; helpless, bemused, she stood and watched, wanting to correct but at a loss for how to proceed. "Ah..." Between the woman's apology and her strangely seductive tone Amalia's confusion only grew: ever awkward, ever anxious, this new turn of events was far outside her wheelhouse, and she was woefully unprepared to manage such a suddenly slippery social interaction.

Had she been in error to offer assistance? The stranger seemed both confident and insecure: was she angry, unimpressed, disdainful of the girl? That the lovely woman was now smiling only served to make things worse. Half bristling, half remorseful, Amalia frowned, biting nervously at her lip and shifting her weight. "I see." This had been a mistake, that much was clear. She should take her grain and make her way home, barricade herself in the safety and solitude of the bakery. This woman will find someone else to help her, or she will manage it herself.

And yet...

"Luxere like singing," she offered softly, turning back to look at the woman, soft stubborn worry in her furrowed brows. "And treats. You want them to like you - monsters fear their light. Make sure you soundproof, too. And put away any meat." There is more, of course, but the waif feared she'd already said too much, offered assistance to someone who clearly did not desire it.

amalia
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
R E X A N N A
Perhaps she had come off a bit brash to Amalia and tried to recover as quickly as possible. She was still fairly new here, trying to understand the locals and their rituals – honestly not trying to offend in any way like what had happened at the Festival. She recalled Wessex’s voice cutting across the crowd and cringed internally as she clutched her quill and paper. Luckily for her, despite the rocky beginnings, Amalia was kind enough to offer some information. The Luxere, for instance, liked singing. Though Rexanna wasn’t much of a singer, she could at least try.

Though the second part of what Amalia said made her huff a quiet sigh of relief. Treats. She could at least do that one. She brought back out her pen and under Luxere, she underlined the creatures name and put bullet points next to it mentioning singing and treats. Then underneath it all, she wrote to soundproof her home and to hide the meat but she didn’t entirely know what to soundproof with. Her head tilted back to the woman with a grateful smile. “What do I need to use to soundproof, if you don’t mind?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, her voice remaining that purring and sultry tone though it didn’t reflect in her eyes.

But then she gestured to the bags of grain the woman was carrying with her eyebrows raised slightly in reference to her previous question, wondering if perhaps she needed help with them. It was the least she could do with all the information Amalia had given her.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Amalia watched as the woman produced pen and paper and proceeded to write, still unaccustomed to anyone taking such a passionate interest in the Long Night procedures. Still, Rexanna's smile set her slightly at ease; the anxious baker began to rethink her retreat, eyeing the woman with uncertain interest. Maybe she had been wrong to take offense, or worry that the brunette stranger did, but it was difficult to be sure. The nymph had always lacked social graces, and even now she is an awkward thing, ever hovering somewhere between uncomfortable and over-enthused.

But the woman did not ask Amalia to leave - on the contrary. There was something deeply unsettling about hearing mundane questions in a sultry purr - perhaps it was a custom from wherever this woman came from, to speak so? The girl frowned but answered softly, her voice a murmur in the quiet Temple hall. "Snow moss works well - you can find it on rocks and trees." It concerned her deeply that they didn't know, the Outlanders who had come upon this place in droves. How many others were at a loss? How many would die for their ignorance, their blasé treatment of Caido and its devilry?

Amalia shifted again beneath the woman's gaze, and looked down at the bag of grain at her feet. "I'm bringing this home to the bakery," she offered by way of explanation, "To... bake." She shrugged inelegantly, somewhat at a loss for how to proceed. "Do you have somewhere to go for Long Night? With food?"

amalia
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
R E X A N N A
Snow moss works well.” Amalia began, and Rex nodded to her and jotted down a little note. But regardless, she had planned on going foraging soon, long before longnight and with it, she would be certain to look for the moss. Even if she’d decided she’d be going to the Rathskeller for the whole event. It couldn’t hurt in case someone else needed some, perhaps neighbors that had chosen to stay at home rather than spend the week at the bar. So she gratefully smiled at Amalia in addition.

But then Amalia was mentioning that she had got the grain to go and cook, and Rexanna’s brows raised slightly in curiosity. She didn’t know that there were more bakers. She had only gone to one of the stalls in the Settlement to get some bread – dealt with the anger the man had given her and went on her way. Amalia had been nice so far, though, for a Natural (at least that’s what Rexanna imagined Amalia was, for someone to have so much information about Longnight and to be preparing for it). She nodded to her yet again when she asked where she was going for the event.

I read the Rathskeller would be open, I plan to go there.” She said with that same honey dipped tone to her voice. “But for the time being I can help you pack it to your… Bakery?” She questioned with a tilt of her head and a wide smile. “To… Pay back for the information I needed?” She offered with her own inelegant shrug.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

She made a surprisingly attentive pupil, and Amalia could not help but be soothed by the seriousness with which the stranger seemed to treat her warnings. Though still doubtful overall of the Outlander's preparedness, she at least no longer doubted her intentions: despite the odd inflection of her voice, there had been nothing but deference in the pretty stranger's words. Strange to see in an Outlander, the entire species of which have seemed largely invasive and abrasive as yet.

The woman tells of plans to go to the Rathskeller, and Amalia raises an eyebrow in surprise. Many seem to be assembling in this place, the oh-so-recently abandoned pub which now, it seems, bustles with life. Outlander run, or so she is told: will it be safe enough? Concern pulls at the strings of her heart as she eyes this naive, friendly woman and wonders if she will survive. "Make sure they prepare well," she murmurs softly, "And do not go outside."

Assistance is offered, and Amalia looks to her bags with surprise, as though she forgot they was sitting there. "Alright." It is a tentative acceptance, a little wary, a little unsure, but not without gratitude. It will be easier to make it through the snow with only half her load. Lifting one up onto her shoulder, the girl looks back to the stranger with bright, curious eyes. "I am happy to answer any other questions as we walk-" and then, with a slight laugh at herself for having forgotten this long: "My name is Amalia."

amalia
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
R E X A N N A
Amalia had been incredibly helpful, and she soon found that despite the awkwardness of their meeting she’d like to call her a friend one day. She nodded to Amalia with a quiet smile. “Got it.” She acknowledged with a brisk nod of her head, tucking her quill and pad of paper away so she can help Amalia with the items. Though the other woman seemed surprised at the suggestion of help, she still let Rexanna help with it. And the gilded girl was happy to do so.

She seemed tentative, however, and Rexanna couldn’t really blame her. She couldn’t imagine what it was like, to live in a world with the same kind of people only to have a lot of others, from outside worlds, slip in and try to change everything up. It must have been hard, and Rexanna wanted to make the best impression she could. She hefted the bags Amalia chose for her to carry and as they began to walk back to the Bakery, she nodded to Amalia with a smile. “I’m Rexanna.” She offered quietly. “Pleased to meet you Amalia.” She looked to the other woman and smiled brightly, before she tried to decide on what to ask.

Have you experienced many Longnights?” She finally decided, tilting her head curiously to see what exactly she should be expecting.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:

Despite Amalia's bristling hesitation, the woman - Rexanna - is unfailing in her strange, flirtatious friendliness. It is a strange thing, to be sure, but the girl has decided it must be harmless- a quick, an accent from the stranger's strange land. She nods again as Rexanna lifts a bag, hoisting her own bundle onto her shoulder before turning to lead the way outside. Amalia let's herself smile as they walk side by side. It is pleasant, perhaps, to have some help.

The question gives Amalia pause, and she does not understand the implication, the unasked one behind it. "This will be twenty one," she replies, quietly still amazed by this fact - twenty one years old. Sometimes it feels to the girl that the world stopped when her grandmother died, and she will never be more than the child at her Nani's heels.

If her grandmother could see her now, would she be pleased? Amalia does not know. She is afraid to ask.

She turns back to the woman, a resolute smile on her face. "Thank you for your help. You should come to the bakery after Long Night, to bake for Fiat Lux. If you would like. You don't have to. Ah..." She trails off lamely, her tan face flushed, not daring to look at Rexanna, and shrugs.

amalia