[open] sunshine
open!
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
DELPHINE
With the sun shining so high in the sky, nonstop, all the time, Delphine could not help but wander aimlessly. It was easy to sleep in the house, they'd put up heavy furs to block out the sun, but that didn't mean that the sun constantly being around hadn't messed up Delphine's ability to gauge whether it was daytime or nighttime.

The fact that the sun was not going to go down anytime soon left her with less fear of roaming without Noah beside of her. Sure, Whitebrim had been scary. But she'd learned not to go to Whitebrim. And she was better dressed and much more prepared for traveling to and from the portal and the Citadel.

Besides, she had come out to help with clean-up last season, and she was hoping she might run into Wessex again. The woman had been fun. Delphine had no idea where Wessex lived, but the woman had teleported her home, and that had only made Delphine more curious about her.

However, as she wandered the tundra, she'd given up hope on stumbling into Wessex, instead she settled on turning her attention to the beauty of the place she lived. Though it was cold, and she missed the warmth of Torchline, or even the Hollowed Grounds, there was beauty in the various snow drifts.

She pulled a sketchbook from her pocket, a smaller book with a little bit of charcoal attached to it by a ribbon, and began to sketch a snowdrift, as she stood smack in the middle of the path that led to the Citadel. She'd have to try to capture the beauty in a painting; though that might be hard using only the color white...

She was so focused on her sketch, making little notes of colors she saw in the snow, that she did not hear the crunch of snow underneath somebody, as they walked the same path she was blocking.
I'd like to see the world upside down,
it could be more beautiful.
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8 | 172cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 5 - Int:
DRAMYRTH - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Keep a low profile. Those had been the instructions.

Amaris fully intended to follow those instructions.

Dramyrth on the other hand… had a different interpretation.

The dragon took to wing, high in the skies above her, giving her eyes from above, a sense of the world spread around them. They were both curious, both interested in learning about the people who populated the world. So of course when granted leave from Stormbreak, they had set their compass to the furthest nation away from their home - as far north as Stormbreak was south.

And then they kept going north. Amaris wore many layers, unused to such snowy climes, glad that it was Longheat, else what she managed to put together might not have been enough.

In the skies above, Dramyrth trilled a song, one that to anyone else would sound like a simple dragonsong, but to Amaris it was a warning, an alert, a notification - followed up with a nudge across the bond. There was someone in the path ahead.

The Blade thumbed the compass in her coat pocket, drawing some reassurance from its presence, as she approached the stranger on the snowy road. "Hello?" Soft tones enquired, while a golden dragon circled overhead.
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine turned her gaze to the sky, searching for the owner of the song she'd heard, before someone interrupted.

Hello?

She pressed her sketchbook into her chest and turned to smile to the stranger, forever trusting, no matter what Noah told her about the world around her. He couldn't harden her; nor could he fix the hardness that did exist within her, masked by naivity.

"Hello." She replied, with a smile. Her gaze flickered to the golden dragon, questioningly, before she decided not to ask. That wasn't her business. "Are you new to Halo?" She'd been living in Halo for a few seasons now, and while she didn't know everyone and had trouble meeting people, she didn't think this person was a Halovian.

But what did she know, she was just an Outlander. Best not to voice that concern.
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8 | 172cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The Blade almost hated to interrupt the thoughts of the other woman, so caught up in her own world. She related to the sensation, to the feel of being so enraptured by a thought or a story that could be shattered so easily by a simple interruption - Amaris often found herself in such a state, though not usually in the middle of a thoroughfare foot-highway.

"Just passing through," the Blade answered, her expression softening as she noted the glances to the dragon, who happily executed unnecessarily complicated aerial manoeuvres upon being observed by the other woman.

Honey-warm eyes looked over the notebook pressed to the woman's chest, and the smudges of charcoal on her fingers with curiosity. "Sorry for interrupting you. Do you draw?"
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine studied the dragon and the woman, biting her lip. She really wanted to draw that dragon. And the woman...

She shuffled slightly in place, "I draw, paint, uhm... really anything to do with art. I play the harp and..." She realized she was probably oversharing. And briefly wondered what Noah would think, because this person was a stranger.

"Can I draw your dragon? Or... well, the colors would be nicer painted... but," her cheeks flushed. Oh, Delphine, so naive but at least it was endearing in a way.

Or well, Noah thought it was endearing and stupid, but who needed to really acknowledge the stupid side of it, especially since Noah had taught her a bit about defending herself.

"I'm sorry, I'm Delphine." She offered out her hand, and offered an honest smile.

OOC: SO Sorry for the delay. My internet's been out since you posted this reply.
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Change author:
The Blade watched the stranger with mild interest, a brow arching as she considered all the information the other girl so easily proffered. Amaris herself would never be so open, but then she was also a unique individual with a unique career, and being open about such things would lead to her being rather less successful in her chosen career.

Dramyrth cooed a colourful note in the air above, and executed a rather athletic manoeuvre as he heard and saw the woman admiring him. But first, Amaris would correct the other girl in how she referred to him. "His name is Dramyrth, and he is his own dragon." Her tones weren't unkind, but nor were they overly warm - she did her best to soften her expression, for truly she was always happy to speak of her bondmate.

"Amaris," the Blade replied, looking curiously at the hand the other proffered. "I hope you'll forgive me for not shaking your hand. There's an illness going around, and while you don't show any symptoms… I cannot risk it." There was much more to it than that, but it was a convenient excuse she was happy to use. "You may draw him if you like," she granted the permission with a hint of a smile, glancing up to watch her companion perform unnecessarily flashy exercises above them.
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
DELPHINE
Delphine continued to watch the dragon, cooing the name she received for the creature. "Dramyrth, beautiful name." She stated, glancing to the woman as she received a name.

"Oh, yeah. The illness is so strange," Delphine muttered, thinking back to the time she'd spent in the infirmary. "Magic does nothing for it." She doesn't seem offended, or give the rejected handshake a second thought, instead speaking to the dragon.

"Dramyrth, can you sit still?" She was already sketching an outline, though, fingers smudging charcoal and shading with the black material. She'd paint the creature properly soon enough.

"What brings you to Halo, Amaris?" The stranger had informed Delphine that she was not from Halo, and something must have brought her here. "Perhaps I can help you get to where you're going. I'm pretty good at navigating now," she offered, quietly, still sketching the dragon.