high hopes
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
She nodded to him as he spoke of the paintings she enjoyed the most. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she had been part of that for a while long before being thrust into an unknown world. A servant made almost a queen. She had never asked for it – had never wanted it, but life was full of strange things and it had a tendency of drawing the short straw for her. One thing that being a servant had taught her was to be quick on her feet and easy to adapt. And she was.

He soon motioned for her to stand and she did as he obliged, watching with her dark blue gaze as he positioned her. One hand moved to her chest, and the other rested just under her chin. The warmth of his hands as he positioned her caused more goosebumps to grow on her skin. Luckily, he spoke again with that thick accent as he moved back toward the canvas. “I’d say you already are.” She purred to him with a quiet grin.

But then he asked about Alistair, and her eyebrow lifted curiously. Would he know of him? And he had suggestions of whom to stay away from that intrigued her as well. “His name is Alistair. I met him in the Fields.” She offered easily. “Who might you suggest I stay away from?” She questioned curiously, her brows itching to pull together in her confusion. Would it be Archebold? The strange man that seemed to appear whenever whether wanted or not? She had already bridged that gap, the bruising on the side of her neck having long vanished by now.
RexannA
you are a church of broken glass and hallelujahs
you are haunted like every holy thing.

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Cause I’ve been making something out of nothing…Like my soul
"Hm. I do not know an Alistair. You met him in a field? I don't imagine he was in farmer's clothes in the mud if he seduced you, hm?" This was mostly a joke. Bastien himself had met Kalt in a field in a very cultured way, had sat and listened to him play for a while.

Which men would he warn her away from? Now that he was actually asked about it, he had to think for a moment. "Well, there are ones who I simply do not think would be interested, I'm afraid. Such as Remi or Ronin. But as for those who would pose real danger...I suppose I do not have any specific names. But I have heard there are vampiro here. People who suck the blood of others."

He had not, as far as he knew, as of yet met an Ascended, but the idea made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. "Perhaps they are just fine gentlemen. I do not know. But I would be cautious. You want your blood to stay inside you, I think."

Another moment passed, then he turned the canvas towards her. Once more detailed sketch of her kneeling down had shading and depth, but there was a certain moving quality to the quicker gestural strokes of the drawing of her stood, hands positioned delicately by her chest. "What do you think?"

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
A chimed laugh escaped her lips at the picture he painted in her mind. “He has a kind soul – and we were both a bit lonely.” She purred to him with an easy smile. Alistair was handsome, yes, but she hadn’t been captivated by the man. In fact, she hadn’t found too many here that had captured her attention. Each one had been beautiful and striking in their own right and how could one really be worth more than the other when they were all so similar in their unique appearances?

She eyed Bastien as he thought of who to stay away from, her eyes bright and the peak of true intent of listening to whatever advice the man had chosen to give her. As he began to speak, she nodded along with him. “I already tried to seduce Remi before I realized his preferences.” She offered with another quiet chime of a laugh – though the memory was hazed in darkness and sadness, of bindings and gags that had a chill run up her spine.

But he continued to speak of something of a vampire which she wasn’t entirely sure what it meant before he elaborated. She wanted to rub the side of her neck that Archebold had bitten, but she refrained for the sake of art, flashing a quiet smirk to Bastien. “Perhaps I should have come to you for this advice sooner.” She almost muttered with a quiet laugh. “I was bitten before, and let me tell you it was the best feeling I’ve ever experienced.” She hummed. “Though the neck is quite a bit sore after.” A quick little addition before chuckling at her words. But she had to agree, despite the feeling being addicting, she’d rather not die that way.

Soon enough, he turned the canvas toward her and she finally moved to peer at it with a bright charming smile. After she inspected it a decent amount, she found her sapphire gaze flicking up toward Bastien with a very pleased grin. “These are stunning Bastien.” Her voice was a light but awed purr. “You already know my good sides.” She added with a swift wink in his direction.
RexannA

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
"Ha! I think all of us have tried to seduce Remi. The man is just impossible to entice." Bastien laughed, thinking of how awkward he had been during the inauguration of his church. It was obvious something had happened to Remi, but Bastien felt like the way over most traumas was a good drink, chat and a blowjob. That he wasn't pursuing that was bizarre.

Upon hearing she had been bitten, Bastien immediately adopted a shocked, concerned expression...but he quickly resolved it in his mind. He supposed if a bite was not a death sentence, he had always supported doing things for pleasure. It seemed Rexanna was into slightly odder things than the average person, which he always liked. "Maybe in that case I should find one of these Ascended, then."

He was glad to hear she liked the drawings. As much as he was confident in his ability as an artist, a little bit of outside validation never went amiss.

"I don't think you possess a bad side, fiore." Bastien said back with a rather flirtatious smirk. "You are indeed a very inspiring model. Perhaps you could come sometime and pose for much longer, for a full painting. On a proper set. I'll make sure it's warm enough for you, and comfortable."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
As Bastien laughed about Remi, she bobbed her head in a nod. “It had almost worked!” She began with a quiet laugh of her own. “But you’re right.” She added with a pleasant dip of her head, her dark hair dancing along her shoulders with the movement. But as she spoke of the Ascended and how many wonderful things she had felt before passing out. “Your neck is sore for a while after, but for the time it’s worth it.” She replied with a knowing look and a slight smirk that tilted up the corner of her lip.

When she complimented his artwork, Bastien replied with a voice dipped in flirtation and her eyes drifted from the sketches to his face. Part of her wanted to tell him that she did have a bad side once – where a hideous brand on her collarbone had sat. For now, only small scarring raced her sides and her spine, but it was nothing like that brand. She kept quite however, letting him speak more as she paid attention – her head tilting in an amused yet surprised way.

Perhaps I will.” She cooed to him in her sultry tone, moving to step closer to him well aware that she still remained without most of her clothing. Tilting her head up to him, she offered him her own flirtatious smirk in return. “A proper set with what exactly?” She asked with yet another tilt of her head, shifting her weight slightly so most of it sat on her other leg and her arms folded along her chest but low enough to not adhere a view. “Something fun I hope.” She murmured in response – teasing him lightly before she stepped away with a quiet laugh back toward the place he had posed her before to lean against the warmth of the cover.
RexannA

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"A lot of things that are worthwhile leave you sore after." He replied, just as much flirtatious mischief in his own tone of voice and eyes. Rexanna really was wonderful, he thought; he loved those who seemed to laugh about everything. Especially if the jokes were dirty.

She approached in a way that was distinctly seductive. Bastien didn't hide the way his eyes travelled down, just the slightest raise of his eyebrows and a smirk as a reaction to the sight. He reached up a hand to gently trace along her jaw; which stayed in the air for a moment as she stepped backwards.

"What would you like? We could have a luxurious bed with beads and feathers and a large mirror...a beautiful dress or nothing at all on you, the sun coming through the window at just-" He tapped his cheekbone. "-The right angles. I could attempt to show your radiance through my crude paint. It will achieve half of the real thing, but it would still be unfathomably beautiful."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Rexanna flashed him a knowing look as he spoke of sore things being worthwhile before she laughed quietly to herself. Yet as she egged him on, she leaned against the surface of where she had just posed for him – her hands idly tracing the cloth he had used to keep her warm despite the chill in the church. Her eyes flashed to him with a tilted head as he asked her what she would like – and she made a face to ponder just exactly what. “Gold.” She hummed with a charming grin. “I absolutely love gold.

Yet her eyes lingered while he tapped his cheekbone and she idly chewed on her lip, watching his lips as his mouth formed the words that dripped in his own unique accent. A smirk crossing her own features as she lifted a hand to run through her hair – still mostly nude but leaving a few things hidden. “You flatter me so.” She spoke with her honeyed tone, her eyes flashing back to him with a grin. “But I don’t think I could compare to Safrin, do you flatter her too?” She questioned with a more curious look.

She didn’t know much of Safrin – hadn’t met the goddess at all, but she did appreciate Frey and their words of wisdom for the direction her life was heading. She wondered deep down if perhaps she had met Safrin that day if things would have ended differently – if she’d still be punishing herself over and over again due to circumstances she couldn’t prevent. If she’d still walk among the rest of them with that brand on her collarbone.
RexannA

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Gold? Well, he might have some difficult finding actual gold, but Bastien was sure he could trouble Remi for some golden paint...with a crafty mind he could make something close to precious jewels and riches, whatever Rexanna desired to be pictured with. It would certainly go with her complexion. "Despite your beginnings you have expensive tastes now, hey?" He teased with a little smirk.

"Cara, there is room in the world for all kinds of beauty." He motioned up to a painting of Safrin then moved to stroke a finger gently over Rexanna's cheek. "Her beauty is divine, but yours is just as worthwhile. An Earth-bound beauty, wonderful because it is made from the same things as all of us. To achieve such radiance from only a human body is an accomplishment."

He did find her beautiful. This was a clear chance to make a new disciple of his church, someone who loved his doctrine and was aesthetically pleasing on top. But she had been touched by another God...after thinking for a moment, he took his hand away.

"...If...I could offer you a chance to be important in this church, would you be interested?"

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
As he spoke of her beginnings, she laughed quietly. Perhaps it would be interesting to see his reaction to her beginnings and life – and while she didn’t care much for gossip, she had told a decent amount of other people so far in the Settlement about her history. As she thought about it, Kalt, Alistair, and Kaladin come to mind. Inhaling quietly, she regards him with perhaps a somewhat wary eye. “I did grow up a servant, but I was almost a queen.” She admits, perhaps a bit quieter. “I’ve always loved gold.” She responds again with a slight tease of her own, a brilliant smile crossing her features.

But he moved to a painting of Safrin briefly, as he spoke pleasantries of her. Her sapphire gaze followed him until he stood before her, his finger gently brushing against her cheek and she felt her eyelashes flutter slightly as she looked up to him. She smiled softly to him in response to his compliments, uncertain of really how to respond. Luckily for her, she didn’t have to as he questioned her about joining his church. In a split second, her brows furrowed together and she raised a hand to rest against her chest where her brand used to be.

Tapping her fingers along her brand, she looked back to the painting of Safrin for a few moments before returning to Bastien. “I’d love to help in any way I can, but I’m afraid I can’t make it a permanent thing.” She admits, perhaps a bit sheepishly. “The god I know tampered with my voice, I’d rather like to keep what I can.” She purred with a lighthearted laugh. “Perhaps when this is fixed I might come and see you about taking you up on the offer?” She tilted her head to him, gesturing to her throat with the hand that sat on her collarbone.

What would Frey think? After they had taken her brand, had shown her to be her own person? What would Safrin think of someone who could change allegiance to whatever befitted them best? Quietly, she regarded Bastien again before she reached up to run her thin fingers along his jaw bone should he let her. She offered him a saccharine smile and dip of her head. “I’m honored that you would offer this to me.” She added, a way of saying thank you even if she couldn’t take him up on it at this point in time.
RexannA

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Almost a queen? I disagree. Look at you; you are the queen of many's hearts, I bet." He clasped a hand to his chest and smiled warmly at her, hoping that the comment wasn't insensitive. Most people liked to be complimented regardless, right?

Rexanna turned down his offer to join the church which was disappointing, but not all that surprising. He knew she had already been touched by another God already, after all; that and his track record so far wasn't exactly stellar. Eventually he'd get someone in, he was sure, but there was to be a lot of disappointment along the way.

"Of course I offer it to you, cara. You are welcome here whenever you wish, if it is to pose or just drink, or maybe eventually join, hm?"

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She laughed to him as he complimented her, though a deeper part of her recoiled at it. She had been a queen of sorts to her people, and she had abandoned them in order to save her own life. She had tried to get better, to ignore it and listen to Frey’s words. She didn’t have to atone for it – it was done, and she’d never be returning. What good was it if nobody saw the results anyway? Her face never faltered despite her heart beat racing slightly. Luckily for her, Bastien shifted the conversation and she nodded to him.

Perhaps one day once I get everything sorted.” She offered to him, giving him a brilliant grin. “But I’ll take you up on that offer of spending time here. Can’t imagine a better party elsewhere.” She added with a wink in his direction. But then she had shifted slightly, gathering her clothes and outerwear into a neat pile as if she needed something to do with her hands. Looking back to him, she leaned back. “Do let me know if there’s any parties any time soon. I live not too far away from Remi’s Alchemy Shop in the Settlement, if you know where that is.” She hummed to him, reaching for the top of the pile for her shirt before slipping it on.

Once she had managed to get her shirt on, she grabbed one of the first layers of outerwear – a mix of leather and furs as she contemplated, running her hands over the fur lightly. “If you ever need a change of scenery you can stop by too at any time.” She added, looking back up to him with a smirk.
RexannA

coding

Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"I promise you, fiore, it will be the best night of your life." Bastien had not held any parties yet, but he was sure whenever he did they would have delights of all kinds, culinary, aesthetic, sexual...he would host events that would make the classical hedonists envious.

She got dressed, which he felt was a shame, but there was time for anything he could do with her naked later. He just nodded and smiled, going to pack up his things.

"How could I turn down such an invitation? You shall have to be careful or I could be tempted to be at your doorstep every night."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
As he mentioned of the party, she flashed him a roguish smile. She counted on it – and if it wasn’t, she’d certainly let him know. She’d give him ideas on what to improve on if there were any, but for the time she was curious to see what this intriguing man had to offer to Caido and people like her. As she finished getting dressed, she let her eyes land on him once again as her offer hung in the air between them.

Be careful or I could be tempted to be at your doorstep every night.” She gave him another roguish grin and a quiet hum of laughter as she wrapped her furs around her neck. “Well, if you do, I’ll be waiting.” She said to him in her honey dipped voice, flashing a wink in his direction as she made her way back toward the door. “I look forward to the invitation.” She added, her hand resting on the door handle briefly as she watched him, awaiting anything he might have to say after.

Then, when she figured now was as good a time as ever, she opened the door to the brisk outdoors and made her way back home. She had gathered the information she needed, now all she had to do was plan.

(I figure this thread is pretty old now so we can end here if you’d like! c: )
RexannA

coding