countdown 'til you come off your rails
Melita <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// every time you cross my mind, i brought another memory to keep yours inside
i saw us drown like high tide, and everything is nothing if you're not here tonight //
Where she was born. He tries to imagine it, a place similar to this and not quite Torchline, spanning a different world all together. And the more he tries to focus on it, the more it throbs in his mind, and he eventually gives up – reaching for another piece of driftwood and dragging the cart further down the way.

Her response to working with Jack, however, has a red brow lifting – curiosity getting the best of him regardless of how much he knows curiosity has killed the cat in more instances than one. But still, he can’t help but to ask as he tosses another piece of unsalvageable wood into the wheelbarrow. “There’s other things ya can do. Don’t hafta stick with the boat if y’don’t want to.” He shrugs. That’s what he’s done and he’s been quite successful at it. It’s kept his feet on the sand rather than uncertain waves with ghost whales.
MILO
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
Eating fire is your ambition
to swallow the flame down
The memories of another time and another world shaped around her – she could feel the light bending like it’d been the Dragon’s Throat sun, and she could almost see the crimson dirt lining along colossal walls, magical bridges, torrents of heat and smoldering precision. When she blinked again it was gone, as it had been for a long while now, her childish dreams dying and becoming something else altogether. The youth fought off a clench to her jaw, grabbing her driftwood, and following along mechanically, back and forth.

Until there was another statement lodged in there, another shrug to her shoulders. What else? She almost asked. What else is there for me to do? Melita had wanted something different than constantly fighting off one disaster after the other; but that had come along the seas anyway.

And truly, under all the other layers, she’d yearned to prove herself, to her family, to her friends, to the world, that she was capable of more.

A joke instead wrapped around her response, a smirk that didn’t quite reach her eyes. “Maybe. I mean, I only got to use the cannons once.” As if this was the hallmark of disappointment.
to be lit up from within, vein by vein
to be the sun
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i saw us drown like high tide, and everything is nothing if you're not here tonight //
She continues to work and eventually Milo’s managed to pick up all the scrap that he can – waiting for her to finish grabbing the last few bits that remain closer to hers before he can start to bring the cart back to the bundle of the rest of debris. The Longheat sun beats down above them, and he glances to her with an easy grin spreading across his face when she speaks next. “Only once? Sounds like a tragedy t’me.” He murmurs, huffing a quiet laugh.

But then he’s stepping toward her to keep his voice low. “Well if yer lookin’ for somethin’ else, I’m usually down by the docks by the Ark.” A shrug is offered to her, taking a bit of the debris from her to toss into the cart and separate it from that which could be salvaged. Then, patting the side of the cart, he flashes her a bright smile. “Y’hungry? Least I can do fer ya helpin’ me with this.
MILO
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
Eating fire is your ambition
to swallow the flame down
Tragedies in a lack of vehemence and violence prompted another laugh, and she dusted her hands off, picking at a splinter shoved beneath some portion of skin. While she inspected it, still giggling, not particularly daunted by the irritation, she snorted. “Exactly! Well, maybe I have to go back simply for the chance to try again.” Nails catching over the small portion of wood, she pulled it free, then lifted her head, surveying the work they’d managed to accomplish in a short period of time.

She shrugged at the suggestion, because she didn’t know which path or road she was rambling towards, not with everything else littered around them. Not with a sickness building and brewing. Not with her family knocked and hastened down, down, down. Time would tell. The other offer though was enough to gauge her interest, sentiments of a grin rising once more. “Famished!”
to be lit up from within, vein by vein
to be the sun
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
NMaybe she would have to go back, and wouldn’t that certainly be something? He wonders if he’d see her at meetings now, or if she were simply one that stayed away until summoned, a fiery ghost girl in the night come to work when required and depart when not needed. But the smuggler doesn’t ask, instead he simply flashes her a grin in response, one that seems to say ‘your move’ of whether she wanted to continue or do something different.

And then? Then she’s agreeing to eat and Milo nods enthusiastically, grabbing the cart and their items and beginning to turn it around to head back toward Haulani. “I know a place with th’ best fish offa the docks.” He comments to her, glancing toward the other redhead as if he’s about to explain the whole life story of how he’d found the man. He doesn’t, he just offers tidbits of information when she asks, before depositing the cart to sit with the rest of the debris and showing her the docks.

— Fin <3
MILO