life is wonderful all day long
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
ffilc a no denooram ,taob denrutpu na ni efil yM
doolf gib taerg a em thguorb uoY
He'd stumbled back through the portal to Torchline at some ungodly hour of the morning, the sun not yet risen in the sky. The exertion of the walk to the Grounds had been too much: Sam was used to his Ascended resilience, the lack of a need to sleep; the sheer exhaustion pulling down at his body and eyes was new and terrifying, overwhelming. He stumbled over bumps in the sand, had to rest against rocks every few steps of his journey down the beach.

Originally, he had been intending to go back to Zeph's house and fall into bed, but once he'd looked up at Haulani, it seemed impossibly far away, and he had reasoned that it was unlikely he'd be able to make the 30 minute walk overnight. Unsure of what else to do, he'd wandered aimlessly for a while before collapsing on the sand, which at the time had been dry.

Of course though, as time had moved on, the tide had moved in. Not needing to breathe, Sam hadn't woken from his half-dazed slumber as the water began to push up into his hair and past his face. The tide had only just begun to creep across his head, but to anyone coming across the scene unknowingly, his still laying there as it happened would certainly make him appear in a very seriously ill state, if not dead. Sand-crusted and delirious as he was he didn't consider this at all, still drifting on several illness-made dreams.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MILO
the hope and the hurt has lived inside of me
but there's gold in the dirt
He drifts along the coast, now that the sun has set and the world is cooling off. It’s a welcome reprieve, and he’s feeling relatively relaxed as the wind blows a casual gust along his sticky sweat shone skin. It’s an easy stroll, at least at first, until there’s the outline of a body in the sand, washed up by the waves. Immediately, Milo rushes toward the body, brows furrowing.

And when he gets closer, his stomach drops. “Sam?” He asks, leaning down to grab the other man by the shoulders and pull him out of the water. Now dear Milo, still not knowing much about Ascended, begins to wonder if he’d gone for a swim, got taken under, drowned and washed up on the beach. To say he’s concerned is an understatement.

He also doesn’t know that Sam doesn’t need to breathe. So when he checks to see if the Ascended is in fact breathing, Milo’s horrified to find that he isn’t. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.” He curses, placing his hands on Sam’s chest, wondering if it’s too late to try and bring some air back into his lungs.
i never took the time to see
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel
Being grabbed by the shoulders jolted Sam awake from his odd half-slumber, but he was so confused by what was happening at first he couldn't quite form the words to ask Milo what was going on. He could tell Milo was upset, alarmed even, but all he could see was the soft purples of a morning Torchline sky and the beach, which seemed empty.

The hands on his chest were what finally got him to speak. "Milo, wh...what are you doing?" Sam asked, eyes narrow and his voice croaky, dry from inhaling so much sand and inexplicably, a raw throat. "Is something wrong?" Getting the strength from somewhere to sit up and gently put a hand on his saviour's wrist to push him away, he tilted his head at Milo, clearly confused.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
He doesn’t notice Sam beginning to move until his hands are already on Sam’s chest – ready to press down and try and bring some air into him – when Sam wakes and asks him what he’s doing. Honeyed eyes grow wide and he simply stares at Sam with confusion flickering within his face. “Wh- For the fuckin’ ever love ‘a Frey.” Milo hisses out, sitting back on his heels and reaching up with wet hands to rub at his face.

Is something wrong? “Y’were jus’ out on th’ beach? Thought you were dyin’ or drowned or somethin’.” He manages, running a hand through red hair and letting his gaze land back on Sam, brows furrowing together in his confusion. “Y’good now or? Y’weren’t breathin’.” Comes the rushed response, head shaking slightly as the panic starts to subside.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
It seemed Milo was just as baffled as he was; Sam watched him lean back and swear with a perplexed expression, head tilted as he watched and wondered just what the problem was. Surely it was obvious he'd just been taking a nap on the beach? As of yet unawares of the sand crusted onto his skin or the waves that had been covering most of his face, he laughed, more than was appropriate, at the thought he might be drowning or dying.

Still unable to control the near-hysterical giggles (why was everything suddenly so funny? His head felt light with almost bubbling air) he shook his head and leaned closer to Milo as if he was about to tell a secret, but when he spoke it was almost shouting: "Ascended don't breathe, Milo. You don't know that?! We don't neeeeeed to."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
So here’s a few things. Milo, panicked and worried that Sam has just drowned himself, has pulled the Ascended out from the water, has freaked out with how calm Sam had been, and now?

Now Sam laughs and exasperation has Milo’s jaw dropping, lips parting in an ‘o’ as Milo hears Sam say they don’t breathe. He doesn’t believe it. “Yer fuckin’ with me, Sam.” He sighs, warily watching as Sam continues to have his fits of laughter. He calms his unsteady heart for a few moments, shifting in the sand before he goes to stand.

C’mere, I’ll take ya home ‘n getcha cleaned up, a’ight?” He reaches out to try and prop Sam in a way that Milo might be able to carry him. “Yer gunna hafta help me, though.” Seeing as he’s a runner, his strength isn’t up to par with most of everyone else.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
"What? No I'm not. I don't know how to fuck with people." Sam insisted, still somewhat giggly; to anyone that knew him the change in his personality would be obvious, the Bookmaker rarely daring to utter curse words unless the situation absolutely called for it. "You, you I fucked, but I didn't fuck with." This seemed to be absolutely hilarious, another thing worthy of setting off a new laughing fit, this time ending in a series of coughs and oddly wheezing breaths for someone that didn't need the air.

He took the help to stand, leaning on Milo as his legs seemed to shake on the unsteady sand. "Al..alright, thank you." Laughs finally subsiding, he tried his best to do what he could under his own steam, walking determinedly with one foot in front of the other and only using Milo's support when it was absolutely necessary. "You..you're nice. Thank you."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
’Course ya do. Everyone does.” Milo says, passing off Sam’s insistence and his giggling fits as something odd. But then again, the young smuggler knows next to nothing about Sam aside from what the Ascended had told him the first time they’d met. He doesn’t know if this is considered normal at all – at least not until Sam’s commenting on the night they stayed together.

Red brows lift and he looks to Sam, unable to keep the edge of a smile from lifting the corner of his lips, some amusement managing to peak through the panic and concern of before. At least he’s got Sam on his feet, and Milo wraps an arm around Sam to try and be there to lean back on – taking a moment to guide him toward the alleys home.

He’s gotta get him cleaned up, at the very least.

There’s a hum of a sound when Sam tells him he’s nice, a small shrug of his shoulders. “You’d do it fer me ‘m sure.” He continues to guide Sam, slowly but surely, until they reach a door Sam wouldn’t likely recognize – Milo’s own home, one shared with family alike. They’re all out of the home right now, however, his father and brothers out on the boat again and his sister and mother working in their shop on Kaiholo Port.

He guides Sam inside, heading straight for the bathroom to try and shake out the sand that covers Sam in a space that would be easy to clean up. “Ya need to get cleaned up. Will ya let me help?” He asks, raising a brow to Sam.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Milo lifted him up and Sam didn't argue, quite happy to have somebody take control of the moment, especially someone as kind and handsome as Milo (in his illness-riddled mind, he daydreamed they might be long lost lovers, stumbling together into the horizon, despite the absence of any real romantic feelings on his part). He tried his best to walk with Milo and not use him as a crutch too much, but occasionally he would fall, energy suddenly falling from him like a stone in a pond, before it came rushing back up.

They came to a door that he indeed didn't recognise, but with the confusion he was dealing with, Sam wasn't sure he'd recognise the way to his own home for the moment. "This is nice." He said idly as they passed through, pointing at some random spot in the room as if critiquing the interior design.

Sitting on the edge of the bath, he squinted at Milo, trying to work out what he was being asked. Ultimately, deciding he trusted Milo even if he couldn't quite understand for the moment he nodded, holding out his hands towards him as if that might help.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
There’s a quick glance shot back the direction Sam’s looking as Milo tries to finagle their way into the bathroom. “’m brother made that when he was… Twelve, I think?” He offers, noticing that the only thing over there of some semblance was a homemade fishing hook with vibrant colors of ramphire plumes.

But then they’re in the bathroom and Milo closes and locks the door in case his rambunctious family returns home too quickly, and turns his attention onto Sam. The question is met with a pause and Milo, patiently, attempts to wait. Only when the Ascended’s hands are outstretched to him, that’s when he nods and moves to stand before where Sam sits on the edge of the bath. “Gotta get yer clothes off, a’ight?” He hums, moving Sam’s arms until he can slip the Ascended’s shirt off, letting it fall with a wet slap to the ground. He then turns on the water for the bath, picking a temperature and getting it to start filling before he’s returning to Sam to help him up.

His hands find Sam’s pants, aiming to try and remove those too provided Sam lets him.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam hadn't quite clicked what it was Milo was about to do, and when mention of clothes coming off came up, he immediately began to laugh again, making a suggestive 'oooh' noise and wiggling his fingers. He was, at least, amenable to it, so Milo got his shirt off without any hassle, Sam's torso also covered in random spots of crusted sand and dirt that he had somehow either not noticed or decided not to wash off.

He watched the water pour into the tub and as he did, the amusement turned to a fantasy that perhaps he and Milo were here for altogether different reasons, possibly a second run of what they'd had in his shop.

The hands on his pants only served to further this and Sam eagerly shimmied them off (almost falling over and cracking his head on the sink in the process), then immediately his hands went to Milo's own waistband, an eyebrow raised in a smirking question.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
The shirt slips off and Milo tosses it into a wet heap on the floor. And then his hands move, to Sam’s waist to try and get his pants off. A surprising amount of focus is given to the task, especially as Sam leans and nearly breaks his head open on a sink, Milo struggling to try and keep Sam upright and fine — clutching to a surprisingly warm body. But the pants slip off and Milo manages a quiet breath of relief, a fraction of a moment before Sam’s hands are at his own waistband and Milo’s brows lift, his honeyed gaze slipping toward Sam’s face.

He wonders if Sam’s already forgotten? “Oy, Sam, ya feelin’ okay?” He asks, remembering the way Sam has been relatively shy before and now seemed to actively be wanting to participate when Milo had thought he’d made his intentions clear. But he supposes after Sam’s wobbling with just getting the pants off, it might be easier to hold Sam up, to shower him off rather than a bath. And to do that, well, Milo’d be soaked if he kept his own clothes on. So he opts for trying without at first, just to see what Sam might do.

I’m cleanin’ ya up, remember?” He asks, letting one hand off of Sam to switch the nozzle to the shower function, ensuring the water is warm enough. And he slips out of his own shirt, pausing enough to try and help Sam get into the bathtub shower. “Can ya stand fer me? Or do I need to get in there with ya?” He asks, brown gaze focused on Sam’s face as he tries to run the water along the Ascended’s torso to clean off the dried clusters of sand.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
"I'm fine." Sam insisted, though it was obvious he wasn't: the tone of his voice was odd, ever-changing, and he was moving slowly then slipping quickly, swaying back and forth as waves of nausea and disorientation overtook him every so often.

Still, he hummed with understanding as Milo re-iterated what he was doing and didn't say too much as he saw the shirt come off, only grinning lopsidedly as if they were in an entirely different situation. The question caught him off guard and Sam frowned, trying to think his way through it, finding that with his current brain-fog it was a difficult choice. "You...hmmm."

Experimenting, he tried to stand up, holding his arms out in front of him and trying to plant his feet firmly on the floor, extending his knees -- and immediately falling forwards onto Milo. "...You should get in with me." He decided, the giggles coming back in a little cluster as he lolled about on Milo's shoulder. However, as soon as he felt the first drops of the water hitting his back, Sam immediately panicked, scrambling out of it's way and dropping to the floor own his knees, shaking his head with an unspoken terror.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Yer not.” Milo replies simply, leaving no room for arguing now that he has Sam in the tub and the shower running. He holds onto Sam tightly, to ensure that the Ascended isn’t going to fall over and break his head open, and when Sam leans forward almost to do exactly that, Milo frowns lightly. “A’ight. I’ll come in.” It’s a half mumble, fiddling with his pants so that he could get into the shower without getting everything wet.

And then he slinks into it as well, an arm slipping around Sam to keep him upright and the other moving the shower head to run the water along the Ascended when everything suddenly changes. Milo almost loses his footing, dropping the shower head and bending over to try and protect Sam. “’sit too hot? ‘M sorry. It’s okay. I gotcha.” He murmurs, a hand extending to try and bring Sam into his chest, wondering if perhaps he can trick the Ascended by holding him and pretending they’re not just dumping water all around.
but i knew of its worth