life is wonderful all day long
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
ffilc a no denooram ,taob denrutpu na ni efil yM
doolf gib taerg a em thguorb uoY
"How do you know? Yes I am." Sam insisted again, frowning at being told he wasn't: he was obviously well. He was laughing, having a good time; Milo just didn't understand how relaxing a nap on the beach could be. In fact, he was having such a good time that he almost tried to lean in and kiss Milo, given they were both naked in a shower: luckily for the both of them, he was far too unco-ordinated for that to succeed.

Of course, once his fear of the water arose, he wasn't thinking about kisses anymore. Sam blinked off tears as he held himself on the floor, letting Milo lift him back up but not helping with the efforts. "No...no it's...I...the water is going to hurt me." He said quietly, desperately, pressing himself as close to Milo's chest as he could and whimpering as drops hit his skin.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MILO
the hope and the hurt has lived inside of me
but there's gold in the dirt
Maybe if he treats Sam like someone that’s had a bit of memory loss, he might get better results. He recalls having to do that with his grandmother back when he was young, when she’d begun to lose her mind. So he tries to be patient, though a seed of worry sparks within him. Is this the sickness he’d heard the rest of them talk about on the docks? Probably. It’s concerning.

But rather than shy away from it, Milo slips in close to Sam, pulling him into his chest to try and protect against the evil water. His cheek nestled in beside Sam’s, a bronze arm wrapping around a very pale set of shoulders. “It’ll be okay, Sam. ‘m here with ya. It’ll hafta get through me, kay?” He murmurs softly, nudging the shower head with his other hand so it cascades off of his own skin, arms raising so the water might run off him and onto Sam to get rid of the sand. “Jussa lil bit longer.” He murmurs, like he’s soothing a wild animal.

And then when he’s got most of the sand off, he shuts off the shower so they can stand there, to let Sam air dry a bit. “There. Better?
i never took the time to see
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel
Milo was Sam's anchor, even though he had brought this situation about: Sam pressed himself as close to his chest as he could, all sexual implications of them being naked vanishing as he felt more in need of a protector than a lover. He couldn't help how he shook, terror still coursing through him at the slightest drop of water on his skin, but he was too scared to move away from Milo.

He only whined in response to the words, squeezing his eyes tight shut and folding his arms into his chest, willing it to be over. Finally, thankfully, it was, and as soon as the shower was off Sam backed away and tried to get out, climbing slowly over the edge of the bath to try and combat his wobbly legs. "Mhm. I suppose. Great. Thanks. I--" His words clearly forced, Sam trailed off oddly, going to stand in the middle of the bathroom and look lost for a moment before coming back to life and grabbing a towel.

"...I don't remember how I got on the beach." He stated simply as he dried himself, frowning at Milo like he might have the answer. "I keep...forgetting things."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
Before long, Sam’s climbing out of the shower like a cat that had been held down for his bath, and Milo takes a few moments to rinse himself off a bit more fully before slipping out after the other red head. He grabs his own towel, drying himself off and letting his gaze linger on Sam as he begins to force words out. His red brows furrow in concern and he runs the towel along his chest and neck to try and rid it of most of the water trickling down his body.

’m gonna assume that’s not normal?” He asks, probing lightly and wondering just how much Sam wants to admit. “I heard there was’a sickness goin’ around. D’ya think ya caught it?” Another question, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he considers it, running the towel a bit further down his torso to try and dry off as quickly as he could.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
In normal circumstances Sam would be both embarrassed and intrigued by Milo drying off right next to him, would probably have stolen a couple of glances; as it was, he paid no attention to him at all, just stared at the floor and his own shaking fingers, pressing hard into the floor as if trying to grab onto the smooth surface. "No, it's not normal. I don't...I don't usually....forget..." He frowned, now unable to remember if it actually was normal or not, despite his instinctual response.

The mention of the sickness drew his interest and Sam slowly began to realise he'd come to that conclusion earlier; that he'd spoken to other people before about it, before he'd ended up on the beach. "Yes! Yes. Yes I do. I spoke to Loren and I spoke to Wessex and I spoke to Amun, oh and Oliver too; we're all sick and we don't know what to do about it!" He shouted this as if it were some kind of powerful statement, staring up at Milo.

"It makes me want to drink all the time. I'm so, so thirsty." Something in his expression turned a little hungry as he looked up and down his body. "...Um...and...and I can't think right."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Milo’s about to mention something about maybe having Sam keep a notebook with him to write down the things he doesn’t want to forget during this – but it’s overshadowed as he continues to dry himself off, focusing on the shouting as it happens, unable to keep an amused smile from his lips. “I dunno what t’do about it either. But… Y’don’t hafta be alone fer it, y’know.” He offers, shrugging lightly. Anytime he’d come down with a sickness, someone usually came to check on him. He’s not sure if Sam has that, given Zeph’s big business shenanigans he’s gotten himself into.

He’s about to offer it when Sam mentions that he’s thirsty, and Milo’s head tilts kind of like a dog, brows furrowing in a small amount of confusion. “Guessin’ not fer water, but… Like…” And then he sees the hungry look in Sam’s eyes, remembers the bite and the blood, and Milo’s unsure whether or not to offer it up. Unless, of course, it helps – in which case Milo’s not particularly one that’d say no to a time like that.

Except… Sam’s sick, and despite the fact they’d done it before while Sam wasn’t sick, was it still the same? “Oh.” He comments instead, pausing with the towel as he wraps it around his waist, swallowing a bit slowly. “Does it go away? The thirst, I mean.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam blinked at Milos (wonderfully calm and kind) response to his shouted confession. "Do you mean that? I don't want to be a bother. I'm always such a bother." He sighed, curling up on himself, apparently having no interest in putting on clothes for the moment, too distracted by the conversation. "I'm trying not to- not to go home." It seemed the main symptom of Sam's sickness was emotional whiplash and here it was again; in a moment he was melancholy, picking at the floor and wishing he didn't exist.

"No, no water." He replied immediately, with some panic; eyeing the shower again as if it were going to spontaneously attack. It seemed Milo began to understand and Sam couldn't help the hope in his expression, the idea of tasting blood endlessly appealing where it had once struck him as unpleasant; now it was an all-driving need.

But would it go away? If Milo didn't want him to...Sam wrenched his eyes away and curled up tighter. "I can...distract myself from it. But it's always there. Worse when I look at someone with blood...but I even want to drink from other Ascended? Which is obviously stupid." He sighed, lowering his forehead to his knees and shaking his head. "I think I'm going crazy, Milo."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Yer not.” He replies with an easy shrug. “Y’shouldn’t be alone, Sam. Jus’ in case.” If you look hard enough you might be able to see the gears working in his head while he tries to figure out what to say, but he manages to stare at Sam’s face, perhaps a bit blankly, when it comes to him. “Y’got room in yer shop, right? If y’don’t wanna be alone I could come an’ keep an eye on ya.” An easy offering, one that doesn’t have him having to worry about the mapmaker.

It also prevents him from having to worry about what the man gets into.

There’s a nod when Sam agrees no water, the realization dawning on him. But he moves, shifting to sit beside Sam in nothing more than his towel, legs stretched out before him as his back rests against the wall of the bathroom. “C’mere.” He murmurs, wrapping an arm around Sam’s shoulders. “It’s not stupid. It… Just is, y’know?” He remains close, imagining Sam won’t turn on him like a wild animal in search of the blood that pumps through his veins. “Y’got a friend with me, Sam. We’ll… Figure it out, somehow.” A shrug as if it doesn’t matter whether Sam thinks they’re friends or not.
but i knew of its worth
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
"In...my shop...?" Sam asked back, imagining them both trying to sleep behind the counter, but then he remembered the stairs behind it: leading to an upstairs attic space, one he'd not yet ventured too far into, but had thought would make a decent living area if seen to. "...Yes...there's...there's an upstairs!!! It's dusty, though, Milo, so we can't stay there." The plan apparently entirely ruined by this he sighed and shook his head.

He watched as Milo got down onto the floor with him, somewhat wary as his paranoia told him the man was about to attack, despite all evidence to the contrary. The arm slipping around his shoulders caused him to stiffen, but he quickly relaxed into it, finding he needed the comfort more than he feared the contact.

Leaning his head on Milos shoulder, he closed his eyes. "I'm...probably going to be really embarrassed about this later. ..Thank you."

{FIN}
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT