[SE] shiny things
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
You not wanting me...
Somewhere in her delirious state, Phoebe managed to remember that Longheat was the season where Safrin was given extra offerings. Had she been any less devout, the thought might've come and gone, a mere blip in the stream of questions and confusion that filled her days. Instead, she found herself clambering up the potato mountain again - Remi really ought to do something about that! - with an offering in her pocket.

The Shrine was hard to get to, mostly because the stairs wobbled and changed heights and moved. The Nightingale only managed to get there by crawling. Safrin really must not want her offerings this year! Maybe her knick-knack cabinet was full? Maybe that was what she should have brought - a knick-knack cabinet! A quick glance at the stairs which had turned into a slide dashes that idea.

"Here you go, Safrin!" she said cheerily, setting out some cookies shaped like stars. But as she did so, a curious Hel landed nearby, and Phoebe's attitude flipped on a dime. "Those are for Safrin not you!" she snapped, throwing her guardian stone at it. She got nowhere close to it but at least it flew away.
...Was the beginning of me wanting myself
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
We'll get married or buried
We'll have a baby or kill someone
It’s only chance that he sees it, the trembling shape dragging itself towards the lighthouse, the shrine. Only chance that he’d been standing by the window, peeking out the window, watching for disturbances. Chance is not what sends Nate stalking out his door though, hardly stumbling at all as he follows the shape, pausing only for a moment at the threshold. There’s a great evil at the top of the tower, a force that wants him destroyed, that wants him wreathed in a conflagration.

A barely there voice convinces him to take that first step, echoing down from below like birdsong. Nate doesn’t know if it’s Safrin herself, or if it’s whatever he had seen creeping, but his mind will not quiet, will not stop racing until he discovers the source. The stairs begin to slip away, faster and faster, his head growing lighter and lighter as he ascends.

Nate stumbles as he finally reaches the top, expecting more stairs still and falling to his knees instead. But he sees the source of the noise: a woman, and a tray of starlight before her. It’s a mercy he’s already on his knees, because his first reaction is to kneel in the face of the divine. ”I’m sorry to intrude.” He breathes, before rising again, single eye moving over the girlish face. Safrin is... not what he expected.
Well, I can't decide what to try
Commitment or a gun
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
You not wanting me...
A voice made her jump and she turned, squinting her eyes to make out a man. Nate? No. Not Nate. Why would Nate be here? This was an old god shrine and he would be smited. Nate was smart. Nate would not do that. Her head tilted slowly to one side, trying to make sense of what she saw before her (and don't doing a fair job of it quite frankly). Her vision blurred for a moment and she swayed, before squatting down before him to get closer to his level. The Nightingale wrapped her arms around her legs. Honeyed eyes squinted again.

"Intrude on what, Not-Nate?" she said words ever so slightly slurred. "It's a public place innit?" she said, rocking slightly on her heels.
...Was the beginning of me wanting myself
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
We'll get married or buried
We'll have a baby or kill someone
Misunderstanding on misunderstanding. What a perfect recipe for a conversation.

The girl lowers herself to his level, squints at him, and very suddenly Nate feels lacking, feels unprepared, though he doesn't know what for. "Intrude on... you, I suppose." Though that sounds strange, doesn't it, and he all but trips to explain himself. "I saw, I thought I saw a... a beast, or monster, and I... I can't let anything bad happen here. Not... Not before the wedding." Safrin's hand was one he'd been warned against reaching for, but for his fiance, Nate would reach into a fire. If he could just build up some kind of goodwill, perhaps, perhaps, he could be spared from some horrible fate, from some attempt to tear them apart.

Slowly, almost too slowly, the shape in front of him begins to settle into something else, someone else, someone who is decidedly not Safrin. Nate can't quite tell if he's angry, at being deceived, or if he's panicked, wondering how Phoebe had arrived before him so quickly. "Where did you come from? What happened to...?"

It was too much for Nate. Without any class or preamble, he flopped, slipping slowly down the stairs and out of sight.

Done
Well, I can't decide what to try
Commitment or a gun