sunshine and lollipops
for Samuel
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
Obviously things were worse. Why was Samuel being such a bitch? Far grumpier now, Oliver's kindness was wearing off. He was scared, annoyed, and clearly no longer in a good mood.

The next comment only seemed to make things worse. "Cant I say the same thing about stupid Voice? Why would he help someone like me?! And if this was punishment, why do I have it?! Get a brain you idiot... you're acting like a rock." Rocks didn't have brains and that's exactly how Samuel was behaving. Wah wah, the Old Gods hate me. Maybe you should've considered that before-

Oh-

Samuel started to rant and... it's a lot.

Frowning, Oliver isn't sure what to feel, his thoughts clouded. "It... is? Oh." It's only confirmation of his status. He's sick. He's going to die...

Shit/

Looking away from Samuel, Oliver contemplates things for a moment. "I don't want anyone to die... I don't care if you're Ascended or not... you don't deserve to die, not like this... cant we just... stay positive? I don't know... if I'm gonna die, I wanna die happy." Denial? Maybe, but he also just wanted to force himself to be happy, ignore all these bad thoughts that were invading his mind.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
ffilc a no denooram ,taob denrutpu na ni efil yM
doolf gib taerg a em thguorb uoY
"The Voice helps people. Like the portals." Sam said with a shrug, not caring too much if he convinced Oliver, the defense of his Goddess more of an instinct than anything else, a kind of mental self-preservation. As for acting 'like a rock'...he could only tilt his head, no idea what that particular insult was meant to convey. He certainly wasn't offended by it, more baffled.

Sam had always been pessimistic anyway, but ill as he was and after this conversation? He really had no motivation whatsoever to think positively. "No. This is horrible and we should acknowledge that. If you don't it just gets worse." He held himself for a moment, thinking of all the times in his past that that had proven to be true. "You...are confusing all of this, and I don't want to talk to you anymore." Rarely, if ever, was he so blunt, but directness felt like the easiest way to communicate right now.

That said, Sam gave a half hearted wave and began to walk away.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
You make my heart shake bend and break
There's a scrunch of his nose. "No she doesn't... the Voice is a dumb bitch." The portals were stupid. They could've done all that without stupid dumb Voice. She's just a rude bitch who doesn't like anyone that isn't an Ascended. Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Acknowledging everything was absolutely not something Oliver wanted to do seeing as he only just now heard that he was sick. And dying. Sick and dying is not a good combination. Samuel must really be okay with dying if he's not sad about it. Damn.

How was he confusing all of this?! What the fuck Sam! Oliver was being very very normal and was explaining everything in a very easy to understand way.

Fine, whatever.Whatever. "By Samuel... have fun with your Voice." Oliver would have a lot to think about, far too much in fact. Samuel was basically telling him to accept that death was the only solution... and yeah. That's not fun and he really doesn't want to do that, but OH FUCKING WELL.

Thanks Sam for being such a dick.

Fin
OLIVER