trying so hard not to know
For Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
ffilc a no denooram ,taob denrutpu na ni efil yM
doolf gib taerg a em thguorb uoY
"We shouldn't do that sick!" Sam insisted, obviously quite offended at the idea, shaking his head at Amun. "Besides. I don't know you like that. And we're both Ascended, which makes it difficult anyway." Far too many problems for it to work and at least for the moment, Sam had little interest in making it work. The fact that Amun knew 'sexy knots' did help his case, but in Sam's mind being sick was an absolute stop to any of those kind of plans.

He wasn't sure about the logic of Amun's statement about where they were going, but he couldn't think clearly enough to dispute it. Smiling distractedly, he nodded and bumped Amun's hip back then began to look around for where to go, hoping to see something he might recognise. A set of stairs, winding down from the road, seemed to strike a memory in him, and he turned sharply to go down them, descending into a dark alley between two buildings.

"I think...this is a scary place, but we might be able to find fire down here." He explained, looking around: indeed there was a barrel that seemed to be charred, and some scraps of paper and kindling.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
"We're sick? Huh." Amun frowned and rubbed his forehead. "I didn't think Ascended got sick." Cocking head he, he peered at Sam. "But I...huh. I saw Bastien and Wessex and they were acting weird too. Like me. And you I guess. Are we sick? Did something attack us? Should we go talk to the Voice?" The potter squeezed the redhead's hand. "Are we going to be this way forever? I don't want to be this way forever," he whined.

Then the rest of what the mapmaker said sank in. Amun grinned and let out a little chuckle. "So it's just the being sick and the not knowing me well then? Good to know." He attempted to wink, but was pretty sure he was far from successful. "And there are other things we can do as Ascended," he offered.

Following the other man down the steps, the potter looked around. "What's scary about them? I'm not scared." He puffed out his chest and put his free hand in the air, making it into a fist. "The two of us can do anything!" he declared, smirking. "Especially if it gives us fire."
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel
Sam sighed, wishing he could be confident in the fact that Ascended just didn't get sick; but everything that was happening was pointing away from that conclusion. "I thought we couldn't, but...I am, and you are, and Wessex is...Nate is a Doctor and even he was weird.." While Nate had insisted he was alright, it had been obvious he hadn't been; it scared Sam too, the way everything they knew about their race seemed to suddenly be turned on it's head. "...I think...I think we have to believe there's going to be a cure. I mean, other things get cured, right? Even the Blight..."

Speaking of the Blight would only end in guilt and further mental anguish, so he tried to put that away, instead trying to focus on Amun's words but only catching the ends of them. "...What do you mean, other things..?" He frowned, wondering if he was missing something.

In his opinion the alley was absolutely, with no doubt, scary, but it was actually quite nice to see Amun so brave; it made Sam feel a bit better about where they were. "Okay, okay, ummm...." They needed something to burn. While he could have gone looking for anything suitable, Sam wanted the barrel alight as soon as possible; he took off his jacket and threw it into the barrel, swiftly following it with some of the tinder. "We need to start the fire. How do you start fire? Neither of us have magic....can we not do it?" He asked, clearly disheartened now that he'd gotten to this step.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Huh. Something new then." Grinning, Amun shrugged. "We'll figure it out." He gave Sam's hand another squeeze.

Then the potter tilted his head to one side. "The Blight was the Voice's doing though, a side effect of her reaching the world through us. Wasn't it?" His brow furrowed. "There's probably a cure and reason." Chuckling, he let go of the redhead to slap the other man's upper back. "Maybe the Voice is tinkering with something and this is just a more literal bug than usual."

At the mapmaker's question, Amun brought one hand to either side of his mouth. Pointing his index fingers down, he wiggled them. "You know. Bitey things." Winking at the other man the potter slung an arm over Sam's shoulders.

Of course Amun had to release the redhead as he began stripping. Grinning, the potter nodded. "I can get behind this! And help." He pulled his own shirt off in one fluid motion, exposing the winding bracelets he wore up and down his arms.

The other man's concern caused the potter to smirk. "Don't worry. I got this. I think." The metal on his arms began to move. The ends slithered towards one another, and then towards the stones above the clothing filled barrel. Then they struck. Unfortunately only a few sparks fell, and none were enough to ignite the kindling. Mostly, all he succeeded in doing was chipping the stone.
Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam nodded and squeezed Amun's hand back, finding the optimism comforting even though he couldn't begin to understand where it was coming from. Personally, the sicker he got, the more paranoid and depressed his mind was determined to be. "I hope so...I just hope she finds the solution soon. I'm scared."

Embarrassed as he usually might be, Amun's imitation of fangs actually made him smile, Sam looking off with a little chuckle. "Well...maybe later. I don't know. Ask me when I can actually think." With the thickly fogged nature of his thoughts at the moment he was struggling to even remember what they were speaking about; still, the idea certainly didn't horrify him.

He stared, confused but not mad, as Amun took off his shirt. Maybe it had some kind of fire starting ingredient he was unawares of in the fabric. The confidence Amun approached the barrel with made Sam assume he had to have a plan and he stood back, eager to let him take charge. At the first sparks Sam let out an excited yell, far too loud, unable to contain his glee...but then he fell into a disappointed silence as no actual fire resulted.

"Ummm...I...I could....I could..umm." Sighing, hands on his hips, Sam shook his head. "I don't know how to make a fire."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Shrugging, Amun scratched his head with his free hand. His lips curled upwards in a grin. "Don't be scared. Whatever this is is just another journey and adventure for us. Let's experience it all." Lifting his head to the night sky, he stared at the moon.

Chuckling right along with Sam, the potter nodded. Patting the redhead's arm, Amun smiled. "Later is good. That means I get to see you again. What're we doing later though?" He cocked his head to one side, raising an eyebrow as he did.

Frowning, he growled a bit. Taking the metal, he formed two blades that he struck together repeatedly. Again, sparks flashed, but nothing caught.

However, all their clanging and yelling had attracted attention. Out of the shadows a small group of men and women appeared. The leader, a big burly dude with a head of dark brown hair, beady eyes, and a swirl of tattoos grinned at them, showing off many missing teeth. "Well, well, well," he drawled. "What do we have here?" The rest of the gang spread out circling around the two Ascended.
Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Amun's words, maybe because of Sam's riddled mind, seemed very profound indeed. Sam nodded and stared up at the moon too, letting out a soft little sigh as he looked at the stars. Maybe there was something to be said for just enjoying the moment, losing himself in the simple beauty of the night sky; as Amun asked him a question he frowned, the prior sentences of conversation slipping away from him too.

"Erm...I don't know. We'll have to work it out when we see each other." He tried to smile and pat Amun's arm back, but was cut short by the sudden sight of the group advancing from the shadows. Immediately terrified, probably more than was even rational, his hand shot out to grab Amun's arm instead, so hard that if the man could feel, it would have hurt.

Sam opened his mouth to speak, but found that nothing came out. Closing his eyes to try and recover his voice, clearly scared, he whispered to Amun: "Please say something to him."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Smiling as they both gazed at the sky, Amun glanced over at Sam. However, the potter didn't say anything to disturb the stillness. Instead, he just slipped an arm across the redhead's shoulders and gave them a gentle squeeze before releasing them.

Nodding at the other man's words, Amun smirked. "Sounds good to me. So I get to see you again?" Turning, he raised an eyebrow as he met Sam's gaze.

Then they had the gang to deal with. "We're making a fire," Amun declared. Patting the redhead's hand, the potter tried to extricate himself from the other man's grip, though Amun's efforts to do so were jerky and erratic at best. Frowning, he looked at Sam. "Why do I have to say something? You just said something," the potter pointed out.

The gang leader chuckled. "You boys don't need te say anthin'. Just hand over yer valuables, y'ken?" Hawking, he spat at Sam and Amun's feet.

The potter followed the arc of the saliva and shook his head. "I don't like that." With that, he raised his right hand and fire off his flash bang. The sudden movement caught the thugs off guard and they were blinded and deafened. Amun tugged on Sam's elbow. "C'mon!" Laughing, he tried to pull the other man up the stairs and away.
Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
The way that Amun put his arm over Sam's shoulders, warm and familar, the question...Sam frowned deeply, thinking over the last few hours...was Amun..flirting with him? He knew Amun was a flirty person anyway (something he'd never been able to grasp himself) but this felt different. Frown changing immediately to a smile, his emotions quick to come and go at the moment, he nodded. "Mhm. Anytime, it'd be nice."

He was glad that Amun took charge of the situation, even if he did argue a bit about it. Sam knew if he spoke he'd only make things worse, and this time it could have fatal implications; it was best to let the one of them with a hint of charisma deal with it. Flinching away as they were spat at he practically hid behind Amun, unable to even think of confrontation in his current state.

The flash bang made him jump too, Sam not sure at first if Amun or the men had caused it. He understood the chance to run, though. Absolutely not laughing, he clasped the hand hard and ran as fast as he could, up the stairs and down streets until they were a good distance away, hopefully having gone down enough twisting paths to lose the thugs. Falling back against a wall Sam huffed out his cheeks with a stressed breath, looking over at Amun. "...This has been a tiring night. I wish I could remember where I liv--" Pausing, he stood up and looked left and right.

"This is my street! Where...where my shop is!"
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun grinned right back at Sam. "I think I'd like to visit you any time." Still holding the redhead's shoulders for a moment, the potter stroked the other man's arm a bit before finally letting go.

Of course, Amun had to hold Sam's hand as they escaped from the thugs. Absolutely still chuckling, when they came to a halt the potter didn't release it as he turned to face the redhead. Amun had the strangest feeling that if he did, Sam would get lost together.

The potter didn't lean against the wall next to the redhead. Instead Amun placed his free hand against the wall, palm splayed, temporarily caging the other man in the potter's arms. However, he dropped it and tugged Sam forward, potentially into Amun's chest. "Come on then, let's get you home!"
Amun
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Amun's physical touchiness might have bothered Sam in his normal head but at the moment he was glad for the comfort, smiled back at him and shrugged happily into it. "Then we will." Briefly, he found himself quite happy: he'd made a lot of friends, lately! Not all of them people he thought he would have gotten along with, and with Amun it was especially good to have gotten close to one of his Ascended family.

He wasn't expecting to be trapped against the wall. Two parts of Sam battled on how to feel about it: one half thrilled, finding it romantic, the more paranoid half convinced this was when Amun killed him. Thankfully, the moment passed and he stepped forward, ready to go. "Okay. Thank you. Um...it's down,..down there, I think."

Assuming they set off in the right direction, he would soon be asleep and have only murky memories of the entire encounter.

{FIN}
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT