everything is the same, except for all the ways it isn't
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
i'm still not sure what i stand for
It felt absurd, but also right, that they should latch onto this new topic, shifting the focus onto things that were in motion, things that they could control. The water from the Climb held the cure, and she'd used her serving. Who else had servings? Those who went on the expedition? Chulane racked his brain, listing the names off - swallowing as he automatically said Kiada to himself, before pushing onwards through the list: Amalia; Wessex; Loren; Hotaru.

"It's a start." He said to her comment around the water's permanency, determined to believe that this was the way to a fix. It has to work, he repeated to himself, we have to be able to fix something.

Surprise widened his eyes at her words around Deimos. But he looked at her, really looked, and saw the exhaustion, the sorrow, the grief, not just for Kia, but for a relationship she was clearly distancing herself from more and more. He reached a hand for one of hers, to give a squeeze. He couldn't admit to understanding what was going on - he didn't know her well enough, and couldn't bring himself to pry - but he still wanted to support her, in whatever way he could.

"I will." He promised, knowing the implications of that promise too. It meant he'd have to find Deimos, alive, which he was determined to do regardless of promises made to Amalia. "We'll get through this." He wasn't sure how much he believed the words he said, but he said them anyway, as if hearing them enough times might make them true.
why don't we break the rules already?
CHULANE

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
even when i was a child
i’ve always known there was something to be frightened of
"Thank you," Amalia less says than exhales, relief apparent as her expression softens, the tired lines growing slack. Leaning back in her chair, the Shield runs a hand over her braid, pulling out a small white flower and rolling it gently between her fingers, releasing a sweet, subtle scent. When she looks back at him her eyes are warm with gratitude, still tired and withdrawn in her slender face. "I'm sorry... to put this on you, Chuy. But I appreciate that you can be there for him. When I can't."

Abruptly she rises to her feet, exhaling again as she stands. "We... I need to head to the Palace. Would you walk with me?" the Shield invites, extending a shy smile. "We can talk about Kiada more, if you like. Or... or something else. It would be nice to have company, though."

{fin}