before the coming storm
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN

It has only been a matter of hours since their arrival through the portal, and in any other circumstance Ronin would have been appropriately awed by both scenery and temperature. Halo is like the cool side of the pillow compared to Torchline - if cool meant absolutely fucking freezing even in LongHeat and what was that about anyway. Also, by their arrival he of course means Remi and, surprisingly enough, Saiden. The sailor had paid a visit shortly prior to his departure, and honestly the presence of another sane mind was enough to convince Ronin.

He has agreed to meet Morgan in the Warden’s Council Hall, and so it is to this place that the Star gets directions once they are safely across the causeway of the Tundra and in the Citadel. Part of him wants to explore all the new sights available, a larger part wishes Remi was awake and lucid enough to enjoy it with him, and the rest is impatient to get preparations underway. He has gotten a message to Amalia to advise where he will be - and as they step into the hall and stamp the snow from their boots, Ronin feels as though his day has already been about a thousand hours too long.

Remi, of course, is still asleep (and he will remain that way, hopefully, with any scrap of luck they can muster) - Ronin has bundled the Lullaby onto his nimbus, and he’s appropriately protected from the elements and kept out of harm’s way. Or rather, he’s kept out of the way where he could potentially cause harm. Same difference.

This is a meeting for Remi, Morgan, Saiden, Amalia and Chulane

Once everyone has made an intro post, we can get things started properly. (Remi can dip in and out depending on Odd’s preference for mischief.)
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion
Morgan did not know quite when in the day Ronin and his troop would arrive, so she had busied herself with work in the Council Hall, of which there was always plenty to do. Things to approve (and disapprove; she couldn't believe she had to tell the meat merchant again that they were not going to put a banner advertising his sausages on the front gates), making plans for the future, talking to those that came in and out of the hall about their anxieties and thoughts.

When she was alerted by a guard that a group of important-looking Outlanders had arrived, she'd prepared her office: her own chair behind the desk (she disliked the seat of importance, but there was little room to move it), and others for everyone else before it, positioned around the small room: hardly a grand space for their conversation, but a private one.

Morgan had asked for them to be guided in as soon as they arrived, so she was ready when the door opened. "Greetings. You must be Ronin Taliesin." She said to the first man, standing to shake his hand, then greeted the rest: some she knew and some she didn't.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
If Saiden had known what going on this little trek entailed, he might've changed his mind. Ronin had needed help, though, and the cook wasn't going to leave the man who'd married Vanya and fathered her child in the lurch. Family was everything to the Halis, even if Saiden was the only one left in this world.

So he'd tagged along the strange little group. Scowling, he pulled his fur-lined cloak tighter against the cold. Taking up position behind the Dark Star, the cook leaned against the nearest wall. When the unknown woman, who was apparently in charge here, spoke, the Hali arched an eyebrow. "What, the rest of us don't merit an introduction?"

Chuckling, he inclined his head to the Warden. "Saiden Hali, at your service." He glanced around the Council Hall. "Nice place you got here."

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
The message reached her after she saw Loren, giving Amalia little time to shower and redress after tending to the Firebrand. She is still messy when she joins the contingent of adventurers, reaching a hand over to hold Remi's for a moment before nodding and following Ronin into the cold room.

As always in this sort of thing she feels out of place, under dressed with her own white fur peeking up from under her collar and the edges of her sleeves - not to mention her open-backed shirt, which shows a thick blanket of leopard coat. She's technically barefoot, though it rather looks as though she's wearing fluffy padded socks, and her braided hair is interspersed with spiky holly leaves. She carries her sword and shield with her, the owl wings tucked away.

She nods to Morgan, raising a skeptical eyebrow to the man that Ronin has brought along but letting her concerns go. There are more pressing matters, and the Shield isn't one to beat around the bush. Taking a place at the table she launches directly into the news she brings: "I spoke to Vi. The water is a balm, but not a cure. I'll be sick again within a few days, if we don't find something else." The implication is clear, at least in her mind: they need to get to the Climb soon.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

He had wanted to be included, wanted to share his knowledge - concern blooming when he learned of yet more infections existing across the whole of Caido. If that wasn't enough, Amalia was involved too - and he knew he had to be there, if given the chance. Had to be present, to be involved, to try and prevent what happened the last time a group of adventurers went to the Climb.

He was sitting beside Morgan, nodding and greeting those who arrived. He was the Chief of Agriculture, but Halo had become so much more than his agricultural duties to him. And this affected everyone - he'd be damned if he was going to be left behind this time. "I'm Chulane," he offered to the gathered. "Wish we were meeting for more pleasant reasons."

A small smile was given as Amalia entered, a curious glance to the patient who arrived with the others from Torchline. He listened when she spoke, nodding along. He was slowly getting used to the idea that there were gods on this world, real, tangible, gods, and that people could actually have relationships with them, and be changed by them. It would forever fascinate him, but he did his concerted best to stay focussed on the discussion at hand, not having anything else useful to offer at this point of the meeting.
Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of one's desires
but by the removal of desire
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN

”And you must be Morgan Aristomache.” Ronin returns the greeting, reaching across to shake the Warden’s hand, offering a smile and a nod to both the Glacier and her companion - Chulane, as it turned out. ”As do I,” he says emphatically, glancing across at Saiden to shoot him a withering, if not amused glance. ”I would have thought that you wouldn’t need an introduction. Look at you,” he drawls, glancing around to see Amalia sweep through the door to approach his husband.

From beneath the blankets and furs on the nimbus, Sugar pokes out her head to chirp to the Shield, acting as a protector for Remi whilst they’re travelling. Ronin smiles warmly to his friend, about to speak further when - quite abruptly - Amalia drops news he’s utterly unprepared to hear. He hides it quickly, but for a moment the Star looks as though he’s been punched in the stomach, slouching into one of the chairs.

”...I see,” he mutters, lifting his gaze to Morgan again. ”Then I suppose we have no time to waste. If that water is enough to buy a few days, maybe a more permanent cure can be created out of it. My plan is to go through to the Climb to visit the hot springs there. I also hope to look for Tanau, the god who is said to have made his presence known. Any assistance or advice from Halo in getting to the Climb would be appreciated - I’m aware you wanted to join us, also?” He glances between Warden and Chief.

Dropping a soft limit of 24hours between replies to keep this rolling! No worries if you can’t reply in time, we’ll just roll onto the next person until we’re ready to go adventuring :3

Post Order:

Morgan
Amalia
Chulane
Saiden

Remi can jump in whenever, if he likes.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

The world is all grey-noise and fireworks. It's only thanks to Halo's frigid temperatures and the icy kisses Sugar offers that Remi is able to exist in an unaggressive, but coherent state at all. Though calling him coherent is more than a stretch.

He reaches out a hand to softly stroke Sugar, the effort of which making him grunt with exertion. "Hallo, all." Remi says softly, his voice all the more thickly accented for his weariness. "If I...get out of hand. I'll not hold it against any of you, if you have to subdue me." His eyes roll partially back into his head as his head flops to face the other direction, that he might look up toward Ronin. "I think I rather like being paraded about on a cloud. I better not be naked under here." He adds, trying for levity but merely sounding tired.
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion
Morgan shook Ronin's hand gladly and nodded, only giving Saiden a sideways glance for his comment. She knew Ronin's name, and she did not know his. Anyone who knew the Warden would know she was not self-important (or at least, tried her best not to be) and didn't consider herself above any of them. As those which introduced themselves gave their names she nodded, familiarising herself with their faces before going to sit back at her desk.

They seemed to be having a series of problems and situations within their own group, a man on a cloud being kissed by a dragon speaking up, and Amalia saying something about water that had soothed an illness. Morgan did not pry, though she did listen, making sure to remember the information.

It seemed they were to go into the Climb to get more of this water. Morgan nodded, though splayed out her fingers on her desk as she tried to dampen some expectations. "I am afraid I have only heard second hand of the tunnel to the Climb and have never ventured there myself, so my help my limited in that regard. However, yes, I will come with you to offer my strength and help in any other fashion. Chulane, are you wanting to attend?" She asked, turning to look at her agricultural chief.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
Amalia notices the way Ronin's face falls, but her guilt is overshadowed for now by fear - fear of what she will soon become. The information she has gained given the Shield is content to sit quietly for now, her fingers playing over Nova's hilt in an anxious, drumming pattern. Remi's unexpected coherence wins a smile from the girl, but she fades back quickly into thoughtful silence, letting the others speak.

There is a moment for her to snag onto, though it comes with a flash of pain. "I've been through the tunnel," Amalia volunteers quietly, pointedly not looking at Chulane. Briefly her gaze flits up to Morgan's, then rests on the safety of Ronin. "And met Tanau. I can help in that regard... the Climb is hot, and the ground is treacherous. If we can stock up on water magic it may help."
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

It took some time for him to process everything that was being said, to appreciate the full implications. That Amalia would be ill again soon, at some unknown time in the near future, was not comforting - both from a personal note and from a view that considered the impact this might have on this planned expedition of theirs.

The voice that rises up from the floating bed is a bit surprising, and the vet feels his anxiety rise up slightly - preparing to handle yet another delirious patient. But the words that did come were not confused or circular, but in fact somewhat coherent, and reasonable. He sat back again.

Chulane made no mention of the brief venture to the Climb he had made, scarcely trusting his own mind at this point. At the time, he had gone there to look for the place she fell - he too did not meet Amalia's gaze as she spoke of it, instead focussing on Morgan - but had instead found a room of crystal, of mirrored surfaces and sharp edges, and a thirsty ascended besides. Once he'd found his way out, he had thought himself very much a fool, for even trying to go there without more support.

The vet nodded before he made to answer the question directed to him by his Warden. "Yes, I will attend." I have to attend. I have to know.  He glances to Amalia this time, his expression unreadable as he supresses the confused storm of emotions within. Then he refocuses on the man seemingly running this show (Ronin), and awaits the next step to be illuminated.
Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of one's desires
but by the removal of desire
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Grinning at Ronin, Saiden shrugged. "Maybe it's just nice to be included." Nodding at Morgan and Chulane, the cook glanced at Amalia as she entered. Her news caused some of the other members of their party to look grim, but the Hali just continued to smile, expression unchanged.

Of course, all eyes were trained on Remi when he spoke. Saiden laughed at the Lullaby's words. "I'd offer to check under your covers for you, but I think tall, Dark Star, and handsome over here might object." Winking at Remi, the cook whistled a few notes from a sea shanty.

Listening to the rest of the explanation, he hummed thoughtfully. "Water magic is all well and good, but it doesn't seem like we know where we're going or how long it's going to take us to get there. So we should make sure we've got proper provisions." He lifted his hands and began ticking things off. "Actual water, food, medical supplies, climbing gear, the works."

Coding base by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

The sound of Remi’s voice captures Ronin’s attention instantly, the Star glancing over his shoulder to smile softly to his husband. ”I promise that you’re not,” he says of Remi’s state of undress, glancing briefly to Saiden with a playfully sharp look. ”I will more than object, sir,” he says before turning back to the group. His shoulders relax a fraction to hear that Morgan and Chulane will be joining them, Ronin running his fingers through his hair.

”So we have someone who has been to the Climb before, two who are familiar with the Tundra we need to cross, and a plan of action based on a stupid idea,” he says, a touch of a smile flickering across his face. ”Sounds about right. I’ve brought some provisions, and Saiden has water magic at his disposal, but anything else you can recommend would be invaluable. I do think we should leave sooner rather than later, though, especially with what Amalia has learned.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

The Alchemist shoots Saiden a hard look—though in his current condition, it's probably just a bleary-eyed stare—before swallowing hard. There are words on the tip of his tongue, ways he might be helpful, magics and shifts he could offer, but he just can't seem to get them past his lips. Even with Sugar on his chest, in Halo of all places, he thinks he might melt away. Like being held just above a flame where it would be easier to crash into the heat and burn up than to endure the searing sting any longer, Remi can feel his mind wandering away into madness.

"Ronin..." He softly whispers, a hand that is suddenly clawed and mottled by golden fear reaching out for the huntsman's arm. There is a snarl on Remi's lips as his eyes roll back into his head, sweat shiny on his brow.

This is not a meeting that the alchemist will be able to endure (passively) much longer.
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

Ronin is about to ask if there’s anything else they need to discuss when his name flutters though the air as if whispered on a breeze. Turning, he sees Remi’s hand reach out - a hand tipped with claws - and he’s on his feet in an instant. ”I think we’d better call it here,” he says by way of apology to the rest of the group. ”I’d like to leave in the next day or so. I’ll be at the city gates at sunrise, the day after tomorrow.”

Giving Morgan a respectful nod, Ronin will ensure that he meets with her again before they leave, to go over any finer details. But for now, if they aren’t out of here soon, Remi might well make a way out. His hand slips into the Lullaby’s, gently squeezing against his fingers, and Ronin smiles between Amalia and Saiden. ”I’ll come and find you both soon - I need to cool him down a bit.”

Without any further delay, Ronin gives a last farewell as he heads back out of the door, his nimbus carrying Remi alongside him.

~FIN