will you hold me, when it’s time?
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
memory’s so treacherous
”Their opinions about your personal life are none of your business,” Finn says warmly, finding the hush of the water and the echo of his own voice somewhat soothing; perhaps that’s why he’s able to talk to her so openly. It’s not as though Finn isn’t the subject of scrutiny and gossip himself, but he’s more accustomed to ignoring it. Mainly because he doesn’t surround himself with people enough to really think about that sort of thing.

Reaching for soap, he’s slow and clumsy about it, but he’d be lying if it didn’t feel incredible to finally scrub himself clean, rinsing the ash and sweat and blood out of his curls, letting the cool water spray across his fevered brow. ”I don’t want another primary physician, Doctor Hart,” he murmurs, his eyes closed, head tilted up. ”You’re the only doctor I’ve had since getting to the Order. I find habits rather difficult to break.”

He doesn’t stop the stream of water until he’s entirely convinced that he’s washed himself completely, though by that point he’s a little dizzy again, and it leaves him dripping wet and struggling to focus.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
October
when the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long
You find the warmth of his tone surprising, and though normally you'd look to him to try and read more into his expression, naked and pained as he is, you think you'll keep studying his faucet instead. "No, but it does get annoying. I'm sure you get more the same." You muse with a shrug. "Attractive, a mysterious position within the Order..." Finn was a catch for those who didn't know him, a tangle of complications to his acquaintances, and back to being a catch for those who knew him well. But, as with you, what you were to others had nothing to do with what you wanted for yourself.

"Most people don't like being thought of as a habit." You say with a smile, the brightness of which more than suggests you haven't taken any offence to this. Sweet as it is, this is the fine line Finn seems to walk between offering a compliment and simultaneously revealing something very deadly about himself. She was a good habit, so it was fine. Other habits? Like this demigod? Finn was as likely to say the same about him.

"Take all the time you need." You say into the hush of steam, holding out a towel for Finn once he's got his bearings again.
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
”I probably would, if I were around people more,” Finn says, amusement in his voice as he gratefully reaches out for the towel to dry off his face and rub at his curls. ”I wasn’t aware that attractive was anywhere in my repertoire. You flatter me, Doctor.” He sounds a bit muffled, but when he wraps the towel around his waist, he’s grinning at her. Tired is probably in there, and bookish, and weird, but Finn’s days of having a pretty face are ones he tries to forget.

”I wasn’t aware that you were like most people, either,” he murmurs, one hand on the wall as he steps out of the shower. His cheeks are still flushed, but the cool water and the cooler air around him have steadied his mind again; he almost looks like himself, if he didn’t sorely need a shave and a good few square meals. ”At least I smell a little sweeter, I hope.”
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
You nod in a gesture of fair enough, before shooting Finn a crooked but pointed smile. "You say that as if something can't both be true and be flattery at the same time." It's a strange conversation to be having while Finn is drying his curls (which of course leaves other areas of him on display). Is something still on display if no one is looking? You think probably it is, though continue to regard the other faucet just the same.

Scoffing a bit at that, you partially close one eye in a skeptical gesture. "Plenty of things you aren't aware of, Finn." You point out with a bright laugh.

"You smell fine, as far as fevered-skeletons go." Naked, you two would probably look similar. You're more shapely of course, but not by much. Certainly not up top. With a few pushups Finn would probably have a larger chest than you do in a week. "Come on. Let's pick out something for you to wear that says, Never mind me, I'm not here secretly.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
Steadier with the wall to lean against, Finn slants a smile in Tobi’s direction, brushing damp curls from his face. ”Makes me a pretty terrible Spyglass. Then again, maybe being aware of everything is the Eye’s job.” And Cian is frighteningly good at it, might he add. Shuffling forward as she suggests he go ahead and pick out some clothes, Finn heads back out into the main rooms, scoffing under his breath.

”Perhaps the walk down to the clinic will build up my muscles again. And I think most of my clothes try to give off that vibe.” Put together, but not enough to be remarkable. Not nearly scruffy enough to be noticeable either. Finn’s attire is perfectly bookish and ready for travel, and he picks out a pale shirt and dark pants to shuck into.

”Do you think there’s really a cure?” he asks softly.
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
"You're only meant to look at certain things, which you do well." The rest of the time Finn is oblivious as oblivious gets. It's one of his more endearing qualities in your mind. In fact, you think he'd be rather dull if you spread out some of his laser-focus across all aspects of his life. "I think the only person who actually knows what the Eye's job is, is the Eye."

"Were that the case you'd have been nothing but muscle before this." You point out, turning to strip away Finn's bedsheets as he changes. It probably isn't the sort of thing he really wants you doing, but changing sheets is one of the things you do regularly at the clinic. Besides, you aren't the best at remaining still as it is.

"I don't think it's incurable." You clarify, turning around as Finn tucks his shirt into his pants. Twitching your lips slightly and placing the folded but soiled bed sheets on the side of the bed, you sigh softly. "I think I need to know more about it. We've...we've all been given clearance to leave. I'd hoped you'd be able to come with me, but I think now that isn't such a good idea." Finn wouldn't want you to spare his feelings, and so you don't. "I think I met a friend of yours though...Her name is Lia." Raising your eyebrows, your head tilts slightly to the side, wondering if Finn thinks she'd be a good candidate to assist you, or not.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
Given that he’s feeling somewhat more like himself (and for how long this burst of lucidity lasts, Finn doesn’t know), the Spyglass reacts to her compliments and assault on his sweat-soaked bedsheets with predictable awkwardness. His lips part as if to tell her not to worry about it, but Tobi is already wrestling with the sheets and he’s too busy trying to button his shirt up the right way.

”I am insulted,” he manages at last, dry humour just about coming to the fore. Of course he was all muscle before this - the peak of physical perfection, surely. At her explanation about the cure, the illness, about wanting to go and learn more about it with him, a twang of guilt furrows his brow. ”Ah. Yes, I am somewhat closer to this than I ought to be...”

And then she mentions Lia and Finn freezes, dressed at least as he glances over his shoulder at her, damp curls falling about his face. His fingers touch to his lips in the ghost of a memory; he swallows - hard. ”Vi’s chosen,” he clarifies. Not his friend.
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
"Nah, you aren't." You chirp brightly, flashing Finn a broad grin. "I think the only muscles you're worried about are the ones in your—"you glance at Finn, trying to recall which is dominant side is—before grinning even more widely. "—right hand." You only let the awkward implications of this linger in the art (that it's his masturbating hand, obviously), before adding: "For writing and playing guitar, I mean."

You don't comment on how close to it he is. Though part of you does want to scold him for not listening, it isn't your place. His physical health is your primary concern, and all jokes aside, you will absolutely be content to leave it at that.

Now, you are not Falke. You don't have the training Falke has had, can't make the leaps of logic that he does, and by no means are capable of unravelling a mind like Finn has. But it doesn't take a genius to piece at least part of this together: Lia outside, a friend who she'd tried to save, Finn's fingers on his lips. You don't hold Finn's gaze as he looks toward you, instead looking back at the bed to see if there was anything you missed. His glasses remain in your apartment, but other than that, there's nothing more here that either of you should need for your trip downstairs.

"She'd worried about you. She said you drowned? That she tried to save you." You say this almost like a question, gauging if it's the sort of thing that can be spoken of between his apartment and the clinic. "I said I'd go back for her.." You add, chumming the conversational waters.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
”The muscles in my hand are quite alright, thank you,” Finn says, his stormy gaze flat and quietly entertained, though by the sheen of sweat already on his brow, it’s probably best that they get moving sooner rather than later. ”Though I’ll admit, in the past season or two I’ve had very little time. For writing. And playing guitar.” Is he smirking a bit as he heads back to the lower level of his rooms, a hand firmly on the bannister? Maybe.

All thought of their shared joke vanishes like smoke as his mind tries to fill the blanks in his memory with thoughts of Amalia. Of her arms around him, of the taste of her lips, the sucking void of the world beyond the world. ”I fell off the bed,” he mumbles, as if just remembering. ”We were sailing... she came to visit me.” Or had he visited her? ”I played her a song...” Sickness makes the separate occasions melt together, Finn pausing at the door.

He freezes, fingers clenching on the handle at the knowledge that she might be coming here. ”Do you know when?” he asks.
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
You don't need Finn to laugh in order for you to find your poorly timed joke funny. "A shame. But you've always taken care of yourself, so I'd say you're in good hands." Oooh, good one Doctor Hart. Double pun for the win.

"At the Inn." You offer. Strange how this like/dislike of water has created all of these metaphors of watercrafts and drowning. "Did you? On..what?" This you say casually, though you're sure Falke would have done a better job of it. What you want to know is whether he played her a song on an instrument? Or...his body.

"Once you're stable and don't need me anymore. Then I'll go back to the Grounds for her, and then to the Climb, I suppose." You say, eyebrows slightly raised at the way he's barred the two of you from leaving. "Is...that alright with you?"
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
Finn is already lost in the memory, even if the sailboat of the bed has collided with strings and melodies; his fingers try to mimic the chords he was playing that day, eyes slipping shut for a moment. ”On a guitar,” he says softly. ”We were at a music shop... The owner called her Lia. I thought it was pretty.” He inhales deeply, huffing it back out in a long sigh. ”And then I drowned.”

It’s insidious, the kind of logical leaps his mind is able to make, all the worse because of his worsening fever and his fractured lucidity. He gazes back at her again, his hand still clamped around the door handle, and the storm in his eyes is so sad and so old that it might as well have just walked out of the Silk Houses. ”I don’t think I am stable, Doctor Hart. I don’t think I have been for a very long time.” His lips twitch in a defeated sort of smile. ”Does that mean that I will always need you?”

Does that mean that you will never leave to get her?
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
"It is pretty." You agree, watching the way his fingers flinch out various chord-shapes on the handle. "She is, too." Because you're not one to beat around the bush, and though you think you might be wrong, you think there is more to this. Falke, what would you say? You wonder, as you simply stand in the ripples of Finn's memory, a gentle if not useless presence in this moment you haven't been invited to.

Meeting his gaze this time, your dark almond-shaped eyes full of an eternal source of comfort and kindness, you return his sad smile with a soothing one of your won. "Your mind is no place for me." Perhaps that's your own sad truth, but you'll not ask Finn to carry your shortcomings. If what he says is true, he will always need Falke, not you. "Besides, already you've showered and dressed yourself. You've even walked over here on your own. You already need me less and less." You point out with an encouraging smile.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
memory’s so treacherous
”Mm... I thought she was an angel, the first day I met her.” He lets out a soft sigh. He hadn’t even been wearing his glasses back then - it had just been regular old madness and sleep deprivation at play. ”She is pretty,” he repeats under his breath; he can remember the heat rolling off her body, the way she fit against him in a way he can barely understand. The way he wanted her, the way he wanted to hurt her.

Finn looks to Tobi for help, expecting too much and finding himself empty in a way that is unfair on her. But she is right - he’s getting better, stronger after sleep, after water. Soon she’ll not need to keep an eye on him. Just Falke, then, while Tobi goes to collect Amalia...

”I see,” he says, with eyes softly hazed over, turning back to the door. Heavy, solid, built years upon years ago. How many hands have folded round this door? Finn pulls down the handle, heaves it open—

And slips the fingers of his left hand into the frame, before throwing the door shut on them. He feels the bones crush as well as hears them, and there’s a raw feeling in his throat - he’s screaming, he realises, his hand wet and hot with blood, slivers of white bone breaking the skin.
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
a sunflower soul
with rock'n roll eyes
Perhaps had you been more clear this wouldn't have happened. You were only going to find Lia. To help her if you could. You've no way of knowing that Finn's mind believed that she would be coming here, but perhaps you should have known just the same. He is your patient and as such you've a duty to him that goes above and beyond the mindless chatter and casual nature you've shown him. Early you said housecalls could make your patients inappropriate. Apparently, it could do the same to you.

Comically, you're just about to tell Finn to be careful of his hand when the heavy door is slammed shut on it. Your mouth forms an O as your hands immediately come up to your face. It's a strange reaction to have really, given that you're in absolutely no danger. Shock lasts just a second before you're next to Finn, his personal space be damned. "FINN." You huff as you reach for his wrist. Holding the broken hand elevated you quickly assess the wound before you look back toward the most idiotic man you know. Adrenaline has made your cheeks flushed and your eyes bright, but your demeanour is still cool and calm. This is what you do, after all.

"Your options are making it to the bathroom, or sitting against this wall." You mumble, not petty enough to take away his agency simply because he is an absolute idiot.
curious thoughts
& a heart of surprise
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!