Mini Event tell me, if you can
HG New Leadership

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the relative wisdom of the masses
Notes and notices had gone around the Grounds. Evie the Evergreen stepping down, a replacement needed. Two names had been offered by various lips and quills, and now today was the day.

Wessex the Wraith, or Oliver the blacksmith. They stood for completely different things, but on this day, who would the Grounds stand for?

In the middle of the Sanctuary so that all could join and listen in, the two mad-candidates were given a podium to make their case.

Feel free to have your characters arrive in a short post. Wessex and Oliver have 24 hours to make their case to the grounds. For your IC portion, remember you are infected. Please list your IC contributions to the grounds (PQs, PQ+s, KQs, etc) as an OOC footnote.
Random Event
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Now it was no secret Oliver didn't like some people. Like Neron: he was a jackass. Or that man he met at the docks that one time: he was also a jackass. So of course he wanted to become leader! He was smart and now a unicorn AND it would mean the jackasses of Caido couldn't become leader!!! HA AHA HA.

It was time for the fancy shmanchy meeting and Oliver really didn't want to leave his room become it was so warm under fifty million blankets but.... sun was also warm. So he set out wearing a long sleeve black button-up shirt and black leather pants because those were the warmest things he could find in his closet (thank goodness he hid away the sweaters before he got sick). His arrival was rather quiet in terms of how much he spoke, but his eyes were wide awake, scanning the crowd and rapidly looking at, well, everything! Soooo many people! So so so many! And then Wessex. Wessex. OH ho HO. She doesn't even go here! He knew exactly what he was going to say now! Seeing as... he didn't plan his speech and all he had with him was a blank piece of paper he was going to write on.

It was time to speak and Oliver stepped right on up to the podium. Offering a rather big smile to all those watching he knew exactly how great he looked (and the sun was right down on him and it felt great).

"Hello! My fellow humans of the Grounds! I'm gonna tell you exactly why I should become leader." With a simple nod he started off his main things on why he was perfect and why Wessex wasn't.

"Now, we all want this place to be happy, yeah? Like... with flowers and lots of life growing and living! So I will help ensure that we can live such a life! I also made a blacksmith shop to help provide people with the goods they need to protect themselves! And I want to help make it so others can do something like that! So lets say you wanna.... open up a shop where you make dresses? Sure! Fuck yeah! I'll help you make it!" Dresses were pretty... not pretty on him, no, he didn't have the legs for it. But dresses were pretty!

Thinking for a moment, the next idea dawned on him! Yes! "And Unicorns!! We can figure out more information about those pretty unicorns!" Ahhh those new unicorns were probably so pretty! IF only he was a pretty unicorn too.

Tapping his foot for a second, he thought for a second. "Oh and uh... fighting... yeah, we can work on training and uh getting weapons so that people wont die... because dying is not fun." Wow, he really was such a brilliant man.

Then his eyes narrowed. "Now. Now I'm gonna talk about something important: Wessex. She doesn't live here anymore! Also... why the fuck is she even running again? I voted her out and so did you. So I'm not saying she shouldn't be ruler... but she shouldn't be ruler." Last he heard she was living off in Halo or some stupid thing like that.

"Thank you for listening to me... remember, a vote for Oliver is a vote for the support of Unicorns." And with that he waddled away from the podium.

Oliver has...

Helped prepare for LongNight within days of arrival {PQ} when prayer is not enough
Helped set up a Potter studio {PQ} feet of play
Helped set up the Military Barracks and Training Grounds  {PQ} grit and fire and steel in their blood
Helped set up a School  {PQ} school daze
Helped make a new Monster Hunters Guild  {PQ} things just don't stay the same
Set up a Blacksmith Shop  {PQ} fire in our hearts
Led a PQ+ that led to the discovery of the Draig Cordillera  {PQ+} ice has a magic can’t be controlled
Helped try to vanquish the mud monster  {KQ} boundless

and my hopes they are high I must keep them small
Oliver

Mara Tisifone

Age: 39 | Height: 5' 7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
they say i did something bad, so why'd it feel so good?
Mara is in a tree. Has she slept there? Did she climb there to throw fruit? Is she about to pee on someone below her?

Who knows. Not even she does.

Gods if that blonde kid isn't whiny though. Who even cares about unicorns or dresses. And why the fuck was he calling Wessex a ruler? (In Mara's mind, she only sees the measuring implement). "She isn't a fucking ruler. She's a goddamn person." She mutters under her breath. Or maybe she burped it. Who the fuck knows. For the first time her brain is as hot as her body is, and it isn't working out quite as well as the ascended might have otherwise thought.
MARA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
Something in Oliver’s speech, at some point, strikes Wessex as funny. Hilarious, even. And while she tries to stifle it, she simply cannot and ends up erupting in laughter by the end. It doesn’t even matter what it is at this point, but it has endeared the blacksmith to her, and as she rises to mAkE hEr OwN sPeEcH, she tries to pull him into a hug. “Oh you sweet Longheat child. I belong to the world.” A scrawny little lost Outlander, bright in his own, unfortunate way. If there’s an embrace, when she pulls away, she ruffles his hair in a never-before seen moment of affection.

Cute kid.

But when the Wraith turns her gaze to the assembled, they all seem to burn a little - burn brightly, her own brothers and sisters beacons of light dotted here and there. Gods, it’s beautiful, it’s inspiring, it makes her gasp and smile to see all the potential here.

“I see you,” she says, still in awe. “I see what you - we - could be.There’s a beautiful light inside all of you, and I want to see it grow brighter, I want you all to be so fucking bright, that others will want to move here.” Her enthusiasm brings her right up against the podium’s edge, leaning over, ready to climb into the small audience. “Did you know -” she begins in a loud whisper, “ - that the other places think the Grounds is a shithole?” Pulling back, she slams her fist on the surface, yelling out, “NOT MY HOME GROUNDS. Not anymore! Not ever, not if I’m Queen again.”

And what did the other leaders who came after her do anyway, hmmm? Nothing. “I get shit done. I don’t shit anymore, but I get it done. You know I did the Militia and exploring and portals and - and - training -” she suddenly looks out to a specific NPC in the crowd and points. “I taught you, right? Or was it your brother?” Definitely wasn’t his sister, she was - oop. Not now, Wessex.

Shaking that thought away, she points to another person. “Sal, I know, I think - bow and arrow? And Therese, you and your kids... Oh this is hard, but I was told to protect the families so you know I always do what I say I’m gonna do and I’m going to protect my families. She gestures broadly to all of them, the people she’s grown up with, fought with, fucked, and hated. “Cause Magrethe is here, and Mama too.” Looking out over the crowd, she sees them, smiling at her, beaming with love and support. She doesn’t leave, but there’s a long pause as she considers the other Theskyra faces.

“I may leave, but I always come back. Even when I die, I come back. And that is particularly funny, because it causes a laugh. “No one left behind.” Except for Kiada, right?

“Not even unicorns. Not even for Monsters.” A hard, determined look crosses her face and she grips the edges of the podium hard. “We’re too bright to let them take it anymore. And if I - if I -” she scrambles for the words, physically clawing at something as if to find them. “ - I can’t, we need everyone to listen. And I’ll make it bright and green and have healthy plants and cows and no more Monsters. Ever. Like my Mama and... all, the Mamas used to dream of.”  

Gods, she feels as if she’s already fighting them. Whatever adrenaline and euphoria has kept her upright and buoyant slowly fades.

“Do you know what Eirachi tastes like?” A shiver of memory tingles through her mechanical spine. “I do,” she says with a secretive smile as she turns to struggle back to her seat.

-------------------------------

Wessex was Queen already.
Stepped down peacefully here: {Mini Event} bellatrix audet concurrere viris

A smattering of things done for the HG:

Coming up with the idea to fight the Monsters and acted on it - Raise my hands, paint my spirit gold
Actually getting everyone to agree to fight the Monsters - {Mini Event} in order to form a more perfect union
Exploring what’s beyond the HG storms, twice: {PQ+} cannot stare at our wounds forever
And {PQ} should I choose the smoothest course?
Tried to prevent the Temple from being destroyed: {KQ} dark star
Helped set up the new MHG - {PQ} things just don't stay the same
Helped during the Mud Monster fiasco - {SWE} The Festival of Fiat Lux!
Opened the portal to Halo - {KQ} Through and through
Made the road from the portal to the Citadel - {PQ} a long and lonesome road
LongNight preps: {PQ} (SE) One Book, Two Book, Red Book, Blue Book , like a chicken with it's head chopped off , tryhard
Set up the Militia {Mini Event} Let's Try This Army Thing Again
WESSEX
Evelyn Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
EVELYN

Mabel was dead. Her sister was dead.

Evelyn didn't need to be sick to let the rage fill her.

They had ascended to survive. To thrive. Evelyn knew she should've gone to fix the shrine in Torchline with her. She could've saved her. Could've done something.

The girl attended the election, and listened to the nominees make their pledges.

Evelyn hero-worshipped Wessex, there was no denying it. Watching the Wraith speak after the (was he drunk?) boy, the girl felt incensed, inspired. Gathering up her courage, the fire building up within her from her rage and grief, she shouted once the Wraith seemed to have finished: "WESSEX IS MY QUEEN!"
innocence
is but an illusion

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
the relative wisdom of the masses
They're given their tokens, their vote made from behind a screen. Some shout their choice, others simply do as they're told, and some abstain all together.

Good of a heart and bold of a speech as Oliver makes (a vote for the unicorns, indeed!) the ascended have the numbers to make the vote go their way. Such is politics, I suppose. And so it is that Wessex is named Queen of the Hollowed Ground for the second time.

Based on IC character votes and acts of service, Wessex is now Queen of the HG
Random Event