fall to your knees and pray
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Wandering, I chanced upon
A wayward child lost anon
Gideon did not often stray too far from Stormbreak or his Cathedral, the needs of the building and the Gods it served usually keeping him far too busy for trips outside of the city. However, the recent talk of illness and Ascended (an ironic name for those who had let themselves fall so far) had reminded him something he had heard a while ago, about how the Ascended shrines were appearing all throughout Caido, much like an infectious disease themselves.

There was, according to a few people, one in Halo. Of course, with such a large area to cover in the mountains, he didn't hold too much faith that he might find it immediately, but Gideon prayed that the Gods might help him to seek it out if he spent enough time in the Fangs and Tundra.

After a few hours wandering, it was clear that wasn't going to happen today. Well, the Gods worked in mysterious ways, and he tried not to let himself be too disheartened. Deciding to spend the night in the Citadel speaking to the people there, finding out about their faith, he began to head to the visible lights and walls of the city. It was on his way there that he was suddenly, overwhelmingly, hit with a sense of love.

Such intense love that it nearly made him cry was a decidedly odd emotion to feel in the midst of blank snowy tundra, but as soon as Gideon saw the figure in the distance he understood: it was Safrin's love he was feeling towards the man, of an intensity he rarely knew; he had to be someone very important indeed. Perhaps this was what he was meant to find here.

Walking forward briskly, he caught up to the Safrin-adored man and from a few feet behind him, spoke: "Excuse me! I've been looking for a man of the Gods all day, and I'm glad to have finally found one! Do you have a moment to talk?" If Ronin turned, he would hold out a hand to shake, his best grin on his face.
And when he laid across my chest
My cutting stone it did the rest
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
you are terrifying and strange and beautiful
Ronin has been in the Citadel for less than a day. He’s done all of the important tasks - including sequestering Remi away in a place where he can trust him to stay asleep and where his projection can keep an eye on him - and now as night begins to not-fall, bathing him in bright twilight there’s just one last thing. He’s outside the Citadel walls to take in the Tundra, and more importantly for a very important friend to stretch her wings.

The Star is smiling as he watches Sugar soar and freewheel over the walls, weaving between turrets and disappearing into the freezing clouds before emerging again in a dive, and he’s distracted enough at first that he doesn’t realise that he’s being approached. The voice starts him out of it, Ronin turning to find a hand offered out to him; he takes it almost on instinct, giving a warm handshake.

”A man of the Gods...?” he echoes, wondering how his story has managed to creep up to Halo so quickly. Above them, Sugar shrieks her impatience at being ignored and begins to circle down toward the two men. ”I have a moment, if that pale nightmare up there allows it.” He grins. ”My name is Ronin - pleasure to meet you.”
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The man seemed unsure of his status with the Gods, which Gideon found odd: he was obviously very well loved and had to have a lot of experience with at least Safrin, who Gideon had never felt such affection towards an individual from. As he took his hand back a screech from above drew his attention and he looked up to see a brilliant silver and white little dragon, spiralling in the air. Chuckling with surprise, he stepped back to let it get closer to it's master, if it so wished.

"Ronin - I'm Gideon. Gideon Clemments." He gave his usual friendly wide smile that he gave to everyone (well, those in good standing with the Gods) and put his hands in his pockets, appreciating the warmth there. "It's cold here, isn't it? Where I'm from it's nothing like this."

Speaking of where he was from...unable to resist speaking about it for too long, he had to ask about the waves of affection from Safrin again. "You must know you are a man of the Gods; I've never seen someone so adored by Safrin. I have an eye for those things, you know."
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nodding at Gideon, he’s appreciative when the other man steps back a bit, allowing him to raise his arm for his dragonling to land upon. And land she does, chirping her irritation and shoving her cold snout behind his ear, making Ronin grin and cringe away. ”It’s like nowhere I have ever been,” he says of Halo, letting the pale reptile settle around his shoulders. ”This is Sugar - excuse her moodiness. She’s always like this.” She had been since he’d died.

”Where are you from?” he asks curiously, before suddenly they’re back onto the subject of the gods. Smiling bashfully, he lets out a huff of cold air. ”Yes, she... is the reason I’m standing here right now,” he explains, finding it difficult to put into words. His Lady of the Stars is a rose with thorns; he never knows whether her adoration comes with terms.
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Personally Gideon had never really been one for companions, but it was still quite charming to see Ronin with his, the clear fondness between the two. "A creature that beautiful must be permitted some moodiness, I think." Dragons were gifts from the Gods for Accepteds, he knew, and it seemed the Gods really did have to be pleased with Ronin to give him such a magnificently coloured companion.

"I'm from Stormbreak. Have you heard of it?" He reckoned Ronin probably wouldn't have, but Gideon had no reason not to be honest about his origins. He was sure as Cian's plans evolved, soon everyone would know of them anyway.

It seemed Ronin appreciated the love Safrin held for him; Gideon grinned, glad to have found a faithful member of society so soon. "Please do tell me more. I'm always looking for stories of the Gods to tell my congregation."
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Don’t encourage her,” Ronin says playfully, Sugar shoving her head beneath his chin and letting out a musical trill, as if in greeting to the other man. But she settles soon enough, allowing them to talk properly while she breathes icicles into Ronin’s hair. Recognition sparks in the Star’s eyes as Gideon mentions Stormbreak, and he nods a little, taking a step closer now that Sugar has landed safely.

”Yes, I have heard of it. Other people from your city have approached me in the past. Dorian, I believe his name was, from an organisation called the Order.” He doesn’t expect Gideon to know the man, necessarily - that would be a little ridiculous, not to mention presumptuous of him. Still, he doesn’t expect him to want to know more, Ronin shifting his weight to his other foot as he tries to find a way to say it that doesn’t make him sound pompous.

Clearing his throat, he shrugs a bit and smiles. ”Well, I’m an Outlander. I was dropped inside the barrier, in the Hollowed Grounds. We fought a creature that I know now was an early type of Ascended, and it... uh, killed me.” A small chuckle leaves his lips. ”Safrin put me in the sky as a star, but... later, she brought me back to life.”
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon chuckled, watching the little Dragon freeze strands of Ronin's hair with a mildly interested stare: it seemed like something that ought to be uncomfortable, but he didn't seem all that bothered.

"Oh, you've met Dorian!" Pleased to find a common thread between them, Gideon clapped his hands together and nodded. "I belong to the same organisation, in fact, though I have quite a different occupation within it. I was a Priest long before I knew the Order existed, and will be after it has gone, but for the moment I work within it." He wasn't sure how much Dorian had told Ronin (or really, how much they were meant to tell people in general; he usually just went by ear) so didn't give too much detail on the actual purpose of the group.

As for Ronin's story, Gideon was simply amazed, enough so that he almost forgot how damn cold his toes were for a moment. "An Outlander brought back by Safrin...you must be someone very special. Am I right in saying then, Ronin, that I have the honour of talking to a Demi God?"
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin can only raise his eyebrows to hear that Gideon not only knows Dorian, but does the same sort of work as he does (albeit in a much different arena). A priest explains the interest in the gods, and the interest in him... and the knowledge about his relationship with the lady of the stars. It all clicks into place, a smile flicking across his face. ”What brings you to Halo?” he asks, having an idea but not wanting to make presumptions.

The reaction to his story has an uncharacteristic flush of pink creeping up his neck and onto his cheeks, Ronin shrugging bashfully. ”I’ve been called as much, yes,” he admits. ”Honestly, I just go by Ronin.” He nods out into the Tundra. ”I’ll be heading out there, in a day or two. To the Climb. My husband is sick with whatever illness came from there.”
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Not expecting the conversation to turn back to himself so quickly, Gideon took a moment to answer, considering it over. To an extent, a whim had brought him to Halo; a passing fancy for a break from the monotony of his life and a chance to see something new, but there was more to it than that in the back of his mind. "I suppose two things, for the most part. Firstly, I'm sure you're aware of this sickness. Ghastly business - I wanted to see how far spread it was." Privately, Gideon had celebrated the news of a plague the Ascended could catch, but he knew better than to advertise that to a new acquaintance. "Secondly, I've heard this place is run by an Abandoned woman and frequented by Ascended...well, I just wanted to see how it was."

The judgement in his voice was probably obvious, but Gideon had actually been for the most part impressed with the Citadel; it had not been the chaotic nightmare he had been expecting. It seemed there were enough truly faithful left in the place to make it work.

"Never thought a humble Priest like me might get to meet a Demi God." He said, beaming, clearly thrilled. "You have to come and speak to my congregation sometime, please." With a guest like that, he could have them dedicated to their prayers for months! An Outlander no less, one who had crawled his way up from the Voice's tainted hands...an inspiration all around.

Hearing that Ronin's husband was ill, he frowned and patted his shoulder. "I'll pray for him. What are you hoping to do once you get to the Climb?"
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin has, indeed, heard of the sickness, given the state of his husband, and he is more familiar with it than he would like. ”It’s everywhere,” he tells Gideon, his tone low and his blue eyes distant as they rake the Tundra, like there might be answers out there. He doesn’t miss the judgement that sharpens the other man’s voice at the mention of the Warden, and Ronin raises an eyebrow; he knew the Order were against Ascended, but he hadn’t been aware that Abandoned made their toes curl as well.

”It’s my first time visiting here as well,” he says. ”All things considered, I’ve a great admiration for Warden Aristomache. She’s joining me at the Climb to see if we might help the people here, too.” Ronin glances back at Gideon as the conversation swings back to the matter of his demigodhood, and he rubs at the back of his head bashfully (Sugar lets out a croon of protest).

”There are two more in Halo,” he says, as if to take the spotlight off himself. ”A friend of mine is touched by Vi. And my husband Remi... Ludo.” Even thinking about the Lullaby dampens his mood, where once it would have brightened him considerably.

As for the Climb? ”I spoke with Safrin - she told me of a hot springs there with healing properties. I’ve seen the water work myself, but the cure isn’t permanent. I want to find something that will drive the sickness back for good.”
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon recognised the defeated sadness in Ronin's tone as he spoke of the illness; when up against an enemy that could not be easily named or faced, yet still attacked endlessly and ferociously, it was easy to feel hopeless. He only nodded sympathetically, hands in his pockets.

It was surprising to hear a Demi-God defend an Abandoned, but Gideon supposed forgiveness and empathy were good traits for a Godly person to have. Still, he would remain suspicious of this Warden, thinking the Gods had to have good reason to have abandoned her (the wording has hardly a mistake. He believed each Abandoned to be weighed and found wanting by the Gods). To Ronin he only held up his hands and shrugged, silently admitting that he knew less here.

"By Vi? That is truly special." Clearly impressed, he leaned forward as if Ronin were sharing with him a great secret. "Could you give me their name?"

As for the Ludo Demi-God, Remi...well, they were quite the power couple. "I'd love for the both of you to come to the Temple in Stormbreak. We have plenty of impressive architecture and sights to see; could be quite the romantic trip." With a smirk he leaned back, not wanting to seem too pushy now that his interest was registered.

Healing water in the Climb...now that was interesting. Unable to hide his curiosity on this matter, he asked: "Does this water work for Ascended?"
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Amalia Chandrakant,” Ronin says, offering the Shield’s name freely. He has a feeling she would be pleased to find someone as in tune with the gods as she is, and so there are no secrets to be found between he and Gideon on this particular matter. ”She will also be coming with us to the Climb. But she is staying with us in Torchline presently. My husband is the Governor there, should you want to visit.”

He smiles a bit; honestly, the trip to somewhere new would be right up Remi’s alley, but it was hardly the right time to go off to Stormbreak. ”I’ll pitch the idea to him, once he’s feeling better. Right now I’m afraid my priorities are rather in that direction.” He nods across the Tundra, burying his hands in his coat pockets.

Does the water work on Ascended, though? Ronin frowns. ”I don’t know,” he confesses. ”I suppose we’ll find out, won’t we? We plan on bringing as much water back as we can.”
The huntsman
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"Chandrakant..." Gideon repeated under his breath, nodding once he felt he had committed the name to memory. Clearly, Ronin was an important person connected to important people, as a Demi-God married to a Governor; he felt the closer he could get to his circle, the better.

It was understandable that Ronin couldn't find the time for the trip at the moment, but Gideon hoped they would come: two Demi-Gods to show off to the congregation (and the Order), the chance to see how the Gods spoke to them at the Shrine...it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, he was sure. "Whenever you are ready, the gates welcome you."

The way that Ronin responded sounded as if he was willing to give the water to the Ascended, a decision Gideon personally would not make. Still, he knew better than to show all his opinions on these matters at once. "As long as it goes to the people who need it most first." He said quietly, thinking that the Ascended decidedly didn't need it.

Anyway, he had taken up enough of Ronin's time: he knew better than to bother those more important unnecessarily. "Well. Thank you, Ronin." Gideon smiled, holding out a hand to shake. "Meeting you has been an honour. I hope to see you in Stormbreak soon."

{FIN}
gideon
Base Code by Sky!