Drop and the ice sea cracks all around
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
if I ever start to think straight
As their ice drifted further and further apart, Amun grinned. However, it turned into a smirk that was more like baring his teeth at Nate's words. "I knew it!" The potter flipped the "doctor" off.

Then Amun turned to face the sea. As the latest weird fucking choice or decision or whatever floated through his admittedly fractured mind, his smirk deepened. Without missing a beat he headed towards the edge of the ice, staring at the sea and then the horizon.

"I'll jump," he declared. "I'm not afraid of falling. I've done it so many times already." Laughing, he bent his knees slightly. Then he sprang into the air.

Amun chooses to jump.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saiden grinned as their ice came together. Immediately, he headed towards Amalia, to drape his cloak over the Shield, uncaring what she or anyone else might think of his truth. Glancing at the unknown woman, he winked. "You're in luck. I'm pretty sure Amalia's last name is Chandrakant." With that, he hunkered down against the cold.

Of course, then the words came from the sea itself, or so it seemed. Arching an eyebrow, he looked around at their little group, which had managed to reconstitute their ice without any problems. "Sticking together has worked for us so far. So I'm going to stay."

Saiden chooses to stay.

Coding base by Sky!
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you see through my bad, you know i have my moods
She’s hoping to get as far away as she can. But it seems it has other plans, her gaze following the platform as it crashes together and she stumbles again, dropping to her knees once more in the ice. She hears Loren’s complaint, a glare cast in the man’s direction. She wants to snap something witty to him, about how much of a fuck she gives that she wasn’t honest to him.

And then there’s Luci, crawling along the ice toward her and she shakes her head — not having the time to process anything. She meets the Hammer’s gaze, and moves to stand unsteadily on the platform, and glances around for her other fellow Order members before she jumps into the frozen sea.

Sera jumps!
when i'm super low, you pull me higher
Seraphina
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
why else love if not to feel the stars exploding in our veins?
Together they're able to reunite, the bridges built out of difficult truths. Amalia smiles gratefully to Saiden and pulls the cloak around her shoulders, but it's the girl who confuses her, captures her attention again. "The l-l-lost Ch-Hhandrakant?" she repeats, confused, her brows furrowed as she shivers. "W-w-what does that m-mean?" Saiden earns a reproachful glance for revealing that the Shield is a Chandrakant herself, but as far as the girl is concerned she can't be the one who's meant.

Amalia isn't lost, after all. Not physically, at least.

Whatever this means, it's something she can avoid for now. Saiden suggests sticking together, but Amalia shakes her head, shrugging off the cloak and inching towards the edge of the ice. "W-what if someone d-d-down there needs h-help?" she whispers. Despite her own poor swimming prowess and the fact that she's wingless and stripped of ability, the urge to protect remains. "I'm g-going in... oh. B-before I do-" She turns to the stranger with an awkward smile. "I d-don't k-know wh-who you're l-looking for but I'm A-Amalia. Amalia Ch-Chandrakant."

Then she jumps into the freezing water, gasping at the cold.

Amalia jumps into the water.

During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops
Amalia
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
And oh, poor Atlas
The world's a beast of a burden
Thankfully, she began to drift away from Nate and Amun. Morgan did not hold contempt for Ascended anymore, but those two in particular had seemed rather insufferable. Maybe they'd be better when they weren't in the throes of their sickness, but for the moment she was glad to be on her own. Maybe she'd get an eye on Loren and Neron again, since she was only here to try and look after them (impossible task it was).

Morgan had grown up in the ice and the snow and knew better than to dive into freezing cold water, magical cloak or not. Kneeling on the ice with her hands on her knees, she waited.

---
Morgan stays.
And the ships are left to rust
That's what the water gave us
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Jump or stay? What kind of ultimatum-placing spirit is doing this? One unique to Halo? Falke keeps his back to wherever Neron might have drifted off to, guilt at leaving a person out alone on the icy water comingling with the knowledge that he’s an Ascended, and therefore he cannot lend any assistance. Cannot. Will not. Extending a hand to Chulane, Falke looks fairly serious, acutely aware of the risks of hypothermia in the water and the instability of everything around them.

“Thank you for trust me. Please don’t jump.” Because that, too, would be another way to commit suicide, wouldn’t it? To sink beneath the icy waters, breath it all in and end it in choking numbness. Though this is a mystical encounter, the Fixer does not believe that the water is the answer. “I can’t imagine your lover would want you to.” At first impression, the man doesn’t seem like the type of person to bond with someone evil and Falke’s ability to surface read people is fairly strong.

-------------

Falke stays and asks Chulane to do the same.
FALKE

Table coding by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE

For a single moment, Nate could see it, the belief on Amun’s face. Delight glittered in his one bright eye, sharp grin growing and growing until he can’t feel his cheeks. And when that moment shatters, when the potters smile twists, grows fangs, Nate throws his head back and laughs, cackles, the sound ringing in his ears, over the ice. Whether it echoes forever, or just for him, doesn’t matter.

It’s a good thing he’s already sitting when the ice begins to move, steadying himself an impossibility, the way he still laughs, now in the face of silent instructions. There’s no choice, none at all. Nate has to remain on the ice, can’t chance the water. The cold is already bad enough, he doesn’t need to go diving to make it worse. And with the way he’s drifting, away from the accursed potter, he’s going to reach the egg in no time. Obviously.

Nate stays put!
I am tasting myself
In the mouth of the sun
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8 | 172cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 5 - Int:
DRAMYRTH - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Amaris
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
"What-?!" It was all she could say, all she could think, as they came together, as the sailor's words hit her. Golden depths looked over the woman, saw her for all she was - the Chandrakant who survived, the last of the line outside of Stormbreak. Oh but she wanted to reach out, to pull her in close, to talk and share and hold--

"No-" she says again, surging forward, hesitating as the woman dived in. Amaris had little care for the others who might have jumped - but she watched the one she'd been searching for leap into the water, there was little else for her to do but follow. She'd come this far, after all.

Somewhere in the distance, a dragon crooned a sharp and sorrowful note, for though he could discern exactly what was going on, he could sense enough to know his bondmate was putting herself into great danger without him. On the ice, Amaris looked to the sailor apologetically, before taking a leap into the water, after her cousin, the lost relative, the last branch of a family tree long since spread across the continent.

-

Amaris jumps in the water after Amalia.
#definitelyrelated
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Neron

Off he floats, the prince on the ice, and he turns away from his former companions as if this has been his plan all along. Adrift and unfeeling of the cold, Neron feels very much like everything is going to plan. Not that he has a plan - not even in the slightest. Then there’s a choice to be made: stay or go, jump or linger, adventure or safety.

And there’s not really much more choice, for Neron - he’s already stepping from the (sort of?) safety of the shard of the Glass Sea that he floats upon, taking the plunge into the unknown. He doesn’t need to breathe so he cannot drown; he cannot feel the cold so he does not care about it as much as others might. And he’s also (currently) totally out of his mind. So be it.

Neron jumps off the ice.
i am mine
before i am ever anyone else’s
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination
A bridge was built, and the Chief watches as his friend floated away, torn on what to do - blaming himself for it, not knowing what to do. Uncertainty was written all over him, as he returned the grasping hands to the man who held his secret, as he listened to the words he said.

Goosebumps that had little to do with the cold rose all over him arms, and he knew the man was talking sense - he knew Kiada would have him live, would have him stay. But he watched his friend jump, watched the water take him and he--

He stayed back. He did not jump.

"Damnit," he cursed under his breath, teeth chattering, holding onto this man's hands - he looked at Falke, still torn up inside over his decision, but ultimately, he stayed, because if he jumped, he wasn't sure he'd be getting out again.

--

Chuy stays put.
CHULANE

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
what the snow hides shall never be found
Bravery is rewarded.

But who will have the ultimate reward?

All who jump are met with frigid, painful shocks of ice water that cuts into their skin. And yet when their eyes open they will find themselves perfectly dry, standing on the sea of ice, their powers and strength restored.

The ones who stayed form an outer circle, the ones who jumped an inner. And at their center is the egg, and beside it?

Seraphina.

Brave enough to jump into the frozen sea, wise enough to know when to cut her losses, it is the Artificer who most impresses the egg. She finds herself standing above it, and as she does she knows.

Just as the rest of you know that your gifts have returned, and that the ice is solid, and that you are free to go, your secrets or deceit shared aloud for better or for worse.

Congratulations Seraphina for winning the drop! Please post in account updates when you have decided your companion's name and element.
Randomized list of names and Randomly rolled winner
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you see through my bad, you know i have my moods
She jumps into the icy water, eyes shutting tight, breath hitching as she sucks in a sharp breath. And then? Suddenly, she’s dry, shivering and teeth clattering together in her realization that she’s not swimming or sinking. Furs are dry, the ones she wraps tighter around her – honeyed eyes lifting to look at where she’s standing, still reeling from the truths both Loren and Luciana had told.

And then she feels it – the Artificer staring at the faces that create the circle that surround her. Her head snaps to the egg, speckled with hues of greens and pinks and yellows, opalescent in its hue. The last thing she does is she scoops up the egg, cradling it close in gloved hands, feeling the weight of it as she casts one more awkward glance around the circle.

This is hers, she can tell. And with that in mind, she doesn’t feel like she’s stealing anything.

If nothing else, it’s time to head home now and figure out what the fuck just happened, and what exactly this was.

ty ;_; <3
when i'm super low, you pull me higher
Seraphina