hold me like we're dying from the liquor that we drank
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
all the drinkin' and the druggin' and the black and the red
the achy skin and all the sweat in my bed
There's apprehension and relief as soon as Sunjata’s answer comes. He’s shifted just enough to scan Nate’s face, to prepare to answer his own question, when Nate’s lips are on his and he’s giving into it, smiling into the kiss enough that he’s sure Nate can tell. But he pulls apart, enough to ask his question, to listen for the answer. And it’s one of the last thing he expects, really, more than one. The thought is terrifying and intimidating, but he manages to spend a few moments scanning Nate’s face while he considers it.

And when it comes down to it? He thinks he and Nate make a great pair. If it was daunting or terrifying, he finds faith in Nate and his ability to make it work. “Okay.” He agrees, pressing down to place a quick and chaste kiss back to his fiancé.

And then he settles in again when Nate’s question is aired, fingers running through raven hair, lips pressing gently against Nate’s neck again. “I think so.” He says quietly, uncertainly, and then — then as his sickness rages again. “Would you have still Ascended if we met before?’Or would you have attuned with me?’
i think i'm losin' too much
but there's just never enough
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Even with all the small acceptances that he’s made, the this he’s gotten used to about being ascended, Nate still hates that he can’t grow breathless in a kiss, hates that it never feels like it’s gone on long enough. His single blue eye meets the steel one, watches the consideration carefully, and smiles when the answer, an easy okay comes. Nate nods, or means to, his lips captured by Sunjata, his arms rising to wrap around the attuned and hold him close.

There is a definite reluctance to let Sunjata shift again, but eventually the ascended acquiesces, loosening his arms and sighing softly as fingers again run through his hair. The question he’d asked is made more specific, turned back on him, and Bate needs to actually think, needs to consider, despite how obvious the answer is once it comes to him.

”I don’t... I don’t think so.” If he had met Sunjata first, there would have been no reason to ascend, would there have? He’d never have moved in with Sam, would never have had reason to go to the Voice. Maybe the attuned never would have been married, except to him, just him. Except... wasn’t the whole reason they’d met, the whole reason any of this happened because he’d been ascended? ”I don’t know though. Would this... would we still have happened if I hadn’t?”

He doesn’t necessarily mean it to be his question, Nate’s mouth opening again, then closing, confusion on his face as he realizes what he’d done, and holds his tongue again. Confusion is already beating away at his mind, he doesn’t need to do anything to make it worse. Best to let his fiancé answer, and save his next question for later. If he can still remember it, the thought already drifting away.
the last ones here on earth
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Arms loosen around him slightly, and he nuzzles his head in close again – letting his question air, letting the words drift around them, a more pinpointed version of what Nate’s asked. And when it comes to the answer, there’s a breath of relief. He wonders if anyone had met him and told him against Ascending, had explained what it meant as it had been explained to him. It was also why Sunjata had crawled to the shrine, blood an inky black – at least the beginnings of it – when he’d asked.

There’s a longer, more lingering kiss pressed to Nate’s neck, feeling the vibration of his fiance’s voice through it. A few more kisses are peppered when the question is returned back to him, and Sunjata has to take a moment to think on his answer, of all the trials and tribulations he’s endured to get to this point. And it’s then that Sunjata rises from his space again, shifting in the bed, limbs finding the strength to pull Nate back atop him so he can peer up at Nate with a thoughtful look on his face as he shifts the blankets again to ensure it cocoons the both of them.

I think…” He mulls it over, a forked tongue running across parched lips. “I think you changed my life.” A hand reaches up to run along Nate’s jaw, contemplatively. “And after Lusea, after everything… I think we might have had a good chance. You just would’ve needed to show me the way.” A crooked, decidedly boyish smile crosses his face with that. “Just like you did this time.” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug.

But then he’s supposed to ask a question, right? “Do you… Regret what you did to Sam?” He asks, pausing, the fever giving him a second of pause as he tries to think if he’d said the question in the right order. “I’d do it again in a heartbeat.” All the shit it had cost him, all of it. He’d do it again and again if it meant he was here.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
Nate is prient, but only so much, and he’s coming to his limit as Sunjata thinks. He’s worried, though he doesn’t know why. It feels like the things they say, the things given voice are more likely to happen, to affect them, and whatever takes so much time to voice can’t be good, can it? Just as he’s about to reach his breaking point, they shift, rolling again and distracting him with a silly closeness, at least for a moment. Apparently the last moment needed to Sunjata to figure out his answer.

Hearing that he’d changed Sunjata’s life does something a little strange to Nate’s chest, starts his eyes prickling again, tears coming easier to him now than they ever had before in his life. ”I love you so much Sunny.” He says it just to try and get some of the feeling out. His head leans into the hand that runs along his jaw, his smile stretching his cheeks, almost forcing his eyes closed with the force of it. ”Just like I did this time.” He repeats, fingers tracing the edge of Sunjata’s face, along his temple. ”I would have tried for you.” They’re easy words to say, even if he’s not sure how true they are. He likes to think he would, but he person he used to be, the one who felt, who drank and refused to take anything seriously, to take responsibility for things, he wasn’t necessarily the type to try.

On the other hand though, the one that wasn’t black with self depreciation, Sunjata had done something to him the very first second he’d walked into the medical college. There had been something there, even if he hadn’t known what at the time.

Again, a question comes that really stumps him, that Nate needs to think about, long and hard. ”I don’t really... like hurting people.” Guilt does twist the words, just a little bit, but at the same time, it’s not a yes. Not even really an answer. ”I have you because of it though.” That alone made it worth it, no matter how he felt about it. Now that he had him, now that the attuned was in his arms, Nate would choose him, again and again.  

With his old question gone, vanished into the depths of his mind, Nate had to think to find another, settling on something surprisingly practical, not that he’s even necessarily aware of it. ”When we build the, um, our home, where... where do you want to put it?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
I love you too.” He breathes, boyish in nature – something softer, a gentler side to the Korofian that lays here, sick and delirious with a fever that warms him to extreme temperatures, that warms even Nate. He craves the warmth more, inside and out, with the words that leave the Ascended and the way they’re fitting closer and closer together like perfect puzzle pieces, even if the edges had to be carved themselves.

They’ve made it. And when Nate’s hand trails his own face, Sunjata’s head tilts into it just as his hand continues to run along Nate’s iridescent skin. He doesn’t care if the words Nate’s says are true – it’s an impossible possibility. There could have been a multitude of things that happened before now that changed the outcome, but they hadn’t. This was their reality, and Sunjata – despite how much he loved Nate and wants to fix him – wouldn’t change a thing about how they got here.

He lets Nate take as long as he needs to decide on an answer, fingers running along his skin until he reaches raven hair again, watching the way it runs through his fingers like an inky river, before his steel gaze snaps back to Nate’s single blue eye. “You get used to it after a while. Hurting people.” He murmurs. Gods knew, he’d done enough of it.

As for the next question, he purses his lips slightly, mulling it over before shaking his head. “Has to be by the beach or with a view of it.” His smile is crooked, because any place they chose here would have that very same picturesque view, unless they chose to place it in the jungle of all places. But now it’s his turn for another question and he’s stumped, his sick mind spinning gears on not all of their cylinders.

And maybe it’s because they’re dancing between practical questions and deep questions, but something tugs at Sunjata deep within him, perhaps from a nightmare from days ago when Ronin had appeared, perhaps because of his delirium, but because Nate and his pasts were similar in so many ways, he can’t help but let it fall from his lips. “If you had a chance to see your father again, what would you do?” Would he be like Sunjata, or was it more complicated than that? "If I saw mine again I think I'd kill him."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
No matter what could have happened, they’re here now, together now. Nate can hold Sunjata in his arms, can press in close to him, could more than likely sit and trace every facet of the attuned’s face, if he really wanted to. Did he want that? His fingers certainly twitch like they do, moving just over high lines of Sunjata’s cheeks, reverent, but not necessarily gentle.

There is a terrible sadness in Nate’s eye when searches for the steel after the words, and maybe worse, a terrible gentleness. ”Getting used to it is still different than liking it.” One was better, though he wouldn’t be able to explain it at the moment, an argument too much for him. His head tilts, leaning against the fingers in his hair.

An easy nod bobs Nate’s head, agreeing at first, but then just because it feels fun, his hair moving around his face, despite how sticky it was with fluid. ”I liked being higher.” And that’s not only paranoia talking, but practicality too. Now that they’d seen the monsoon season, it seemed smart to build a house where it wouldn’t be in danger of flooding. ”We can do the beach too.” The same thought runs through Nate’s mind, how that should be easy, unless they build in the jungle, which, why would they ever?

Nate’s patient as can be, humming some soft, should be faster tune while he waits for a question to answer. He leans in gently, brushing his nose against Sunjata’s, a warm smile spread over his lips, though it drops quickly, Nate’s brows pulling together as the question was voiced. He pulls back slowly, searching the other mans face, some part of him agreeing to the point about Sunjata’s father. That’s a man he wouldn’t hesitate to hurt. But his own? He’d already hesitated so many times, it was hard to tell what he wanted.

”I’d...” Nate doesn’t know, genuinely doesn’t know. There is a part of him that wants to agree, that wants to give into the simple anger, and if it were only anger there then maybe he could. But it isn’t. He swallows unsteadily, and lets his eye fall away from Sunjata’s face, staring at a spot on the bed that just seems to get darker and darker the longer he looks, despite knowing they’re safe here. ”I think I’d... want to show off everything I’ve done. I... turned out better than he ever did, and I’d want him to admit it.”

Nate’s head turns again, this time to press into the crook of Sunjata’s neck, soft kisses pressed against the scars there. His mouth aches more than it waters, but something stops him, keeps his teeth behind his lips. ”If you could... forget, or... undo one thing that you did, what would it be?” It’s still dark, he knows it’s going to be, the way they both hold onto regrets, the lives they’ve lived.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It is different, to get used to hurting people versus enjoying it. Sunjata’s never been the type for wanting to hurt someone – it had just been something he’d done again and again to the point where it came to be expected rather than avoided. That’s the way it was. But it’s not worth the argument, much like Nate thinks, and Sunjata settles into the feeling of raven hair slipping from his fingers as he nods his head in agreement.

As for the house, though, there’s a small crooked smile that crosses his face. “On the cliffs again, then?” He hums, imagining some place further away from everyone – perhaps over by Apopo, the opposite side and the hope that the volcano doesn’t erupt again.

But his question is aired, and darkness encompasses them with both thoughts and light, Sunjata’s gaze watching Nate’s face as he averts his single blue from Sunjata’s steel. Half of him wants to ask him if Nate would show him off to his father, if it would be something to shove in the face of a man that had caused so much pain to Nate. But again, Sunjata doesn’t entirely know the whole story, but he accepts it for what it is – a low hum of agreement slipping from him, head tilting slightly as soon as he feels Nate’s kisses hit the crook of his neck.

His arms slink around Nate, keeping him close and pressed against his body and his neck. And it’s a loaded question his fiancé asks, something that makes him pause, that has his heartbeat stuttering momentarily. There’d be so many things he wished to undo, but one was far more important than the rest. “I think… I think I’d have never gotten involved with the rebellion.” How many lives would it have saved? It could’ve saved Lusea’s. It could’ve saved his mother’s. “I would’ve been the ‘good son’ who acted as such until it was my turn to make the rules and I could’ve switched it all over.” But he doesn’t know if he would’ve survived that far or not. He’d likely be married, have his children, have a life that meant little in comparison to his need to revenge for his horrible upbringing, and still would have had to watch Trial after Trial.

His cheek presses against Nate’s face then, a low sigh slipping from his nose. It’s a good question, and he wonders quietly what Nate would do too – though he feels like it’s a bit of a cop-out to ask the same question, he can’t help but to let it fall from his lips. “If you could forget or undo one thing, what would it be?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
”The cliffs.” Nate agrees, glad that they’ve come to a consensus, glad that it was easy, though if he really thought about it he’d realize this decision would only narrow things down so much. In his head though, they agree, and he can see a new house, on the cliffs over the ocean, nothing around them, nothing bothering them. A sanctuary, that he wants to reach out and grasp now. One that manages to light some torch of comfort, burning in the back of his mind, easing him over thoughts of his father and Sunjata’s silence, until he can ask his question.

Nate hears the unsteady thump of the other mans heart, feels the way he stiffens, thinks. He wonders absently how many moments Sunjata is sitting through, what horror will rise to the top. He doesn’t expect the answer to horrify him though, doesn’t expect to be so affected by it.  ”No.” Nate mumbles softly, ineffectively into his finances neck, his arms now clinging, fingers greedily digging into whatever they can, short hair and blankets both. He wouldn’t let it happen, wouldn’t let Sunjata be that person, even in his thoughts, even in a hypothetical. It’s a pretty thought, at its core, but even something pretty can get dingy, broken, if it steeps in darkness long enough.

If Nate notices the repeat of his question, he gives no indication of it, his brow furrowing against Sunjata’s skin as he thinks. There’s a dozen choices he’s made that he wishes he could undo, a dozen things he wishes to change, but the biggest one, the one that still made him feel weak, and stupid, cane to his kind, his lips easily. ”I would have stuck with school.” Nate stops there, the rest of the story in his head, aimed towards Sunjata as if they’re able to communicate silently all the time. It feels like it, right now, more and more often, but eventually it clicks, he realizes he’s going to have to speak out loud. ”After Bart, I... I tried to go back, and I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t do a lot. But I needed money, and... dad was always good for that.” And from there, he’d just slipped, collapsed back into the pit of his upbringing, never to leave again. Until he came here. Until he found someone willing to help lift him up, help him tear down the walls around him.

Until Sunjata.

The thought fills him with all kinds of warmth, his body overflowing with it, overheating because of it. Just like that, the shadows are left behind, burned away into nothing, and a question that’s worlds away (literally) from the last one slips from him. ”What kind of food was there in Korofi?” A roundabout way of asking what Sunjata’s favourite was, what he could try to replicate, when he was allowed near a kitchen again. When they had a kitchen again.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a no that rumbled up and Sunjata pauses, his heartbeat continuing to thunder as he focuses on which part Nate’s speaking of. All of it? Or just the fact that Sunjata regretted getting caught, regretted getting his mother and Lusea murdered so much that he wouldn’t have done it in the first place. Or maybe, just maybe, he could’ve avoided all of it if he didn’t survive his Trial.

Ah, but here he is spiraling again into the what if’s. Ans hadn’t it all been worth it in the end? Didn’t he have Nate here in his arms, someone that understood the darkest parts of him and still loved him anyway? Someone who didn’t judge the shitty things he did, someone who didn’t throw it back in his face.

But the question is bounced back and Sunjata’s arms squeeze Nate gently, shifting a bit in bed comfortably so he might focus on what Nate says. His lips part, about to add something to what Nate says, when the conversation shifts and something about the Ascended feels almost lighter. All he can do after that is press a soft kiss to his fiancé’s temple, settling back in the pillows and blankets, not wanting to spiral more.

Food is the next question and it takes Sunjata completely off guard, fingers tapping along Nate’s side as he considers it. “A lot of the same as here.” That’s what he can remember, at least, the fever rearing its head in ways that have Sunjata unable to remember if there were weird creatures like the worms in Flowerbirth there. “Mom always got the kitchen to make a blackberry pie for my birthday.” He says softly, fondly. “She got in trouble every year, but she did it every year. Even the year of my Trial.” He takes a sharp inhale, a quiet laugh managing to slip from his lips.

There was a shop… Down the main avenue of the city that I went to with the rebellion a lot of the tim. A grimy bar with the best burgers. And beside it was a pasta place that served every kind you could think of.” He’d spent many nights at both of them when the rebellion was venturous enough to breach the surface of the upper class neighborhoods. “Did you have that?” He’d be lying if he said his mouth wasn’t watering with the thought.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate leans into the kiss to his temple easily, eagerly. His eyes close, and a soft him leaves him, one arm shifting to wrap around Sunjata’s shoulders, the other wrapped around his chest, fingers spread wide there. He’s slipping, slowly, sliding down the attuned’s body to lay beside him, an arrangement that feels better than the others they’ve contorted into.

Notes are hummed one rhythm to the tapping, Nate giving song to the gesture, patient as ever for his fiancé. It’s a little disappointing, at first, the answer bland, but it shifts, the smile on his face only growing warmer as a softness he's never heard before slips into Sunjata’s voice. If he remembers anything from his addled, fevered state, it has to be that. ”That’s sweet.” Then, because he’s afraid to step too far in any direction, Sunjata’s past a bramble thicket of bad memories, much like his, Nate does what comes naturally. Talks about himself. ”I never got my own cake, but... my mum would make one from scratch every year.” It’s not as nice maybe, but it’s something easy to share, until the attuned speaks again.

Bars and burgers sounds so familiar that Nate forgets the differences between Earth and Korofi, just for a moment. And pasta? The moment Nate’s well again, the moment he’s confident he can’t step into a kitchen without setting it ablaze, the attuned in for a surprise the likes of which he doesn’t appreciate yet. Sunjata barely needs to voice his question, Nate already eager to talk, to compare their stories. ”I never drank in places that served food. So I’d get all fucked up,” a pause, so he can snort, laughter bubbling out of him, ”then I’d walk to this uh, overnight diner, and get the biggest burger they had, and a fuck ton of fries.” The parts he could remember were remembered fondly, though now his mouth watered, hunger, thirst washing over him in waves.

Trying to focus on something else, Nate laughs again. ”I never ate pasta from anywhere though. My mom made it, and my nonna, and me.” He puffs his chest out, the smug slant of his grin easy to feel, easier to hear. ”I can make any kind you can think of. I’m so... I’m so fucking good at pasta. It’s in my blood.” pressing in close, Nate plants a garden of kisses against Sunjata’s cheek, watering them with a raspberry, and a bright laugh before he pulls back, asks his question. ”What’s your favourite?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s confusion at the mention of sharing a cake – before Sunjata remembers that Nate shared a birthday, something that was uncommon in Korofi when it came to siblings. Parents and children? Sure. But that was different – birthdays rarely celebrated when you were noble born, if only for part of the whole ‘don’t get attached’ bit that his mother had been poor at. He’s glad of it though, and he shifts a bit as Nate slips in beside him – turning to face his fiancé with a boyish smile that crosses his face. “I don’t know how to cook.” Or bake for that matter.

But that seems hardly relevant now, especially as Nate’s speaking again – a hum of a laugh leaving Sunjata at the mention of getting fucked up. A nod to that, because gods how he’d done the same. At the mention of fries though, there’s a nostalgic groan that leaves him, mouth watering with the thought. “I miss fries.

Nate’s laughing again and Sunjata can’t quite figure out why, gaze trying to focus on him as soon as it leaves him, an amused grin spreading across Sunjata’s face at the smug pride that leaves his lover, eyes squinting closed at the peppering of kisses and raspberries, snickers leaving him as he shakes his head. “That's weird. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen your blood and it’s not made of pasta.” But he still gives Nate a mischievous look as if it were and he was just blind.

Favorites, though? His brows furrow as he thinks long and hard. “Any sauce is good...” He murmurs softly, before his gaze focuses finally and a toothy crooked smile breaks like sunlight across his face. “I like the ones that look like little bowties.” His brows wiggle, his free hand coming up as if he’s miming wearing one. "I actually really liked wearing bowties. Maybe that's why."
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
”That’s not surprising.” Despite everything, despite how hard his childhood had been, how much trauma he’d gone through, Sunjata was still a rich kid. ”If I didn’t help my nonna, she made me stand in the corner. And if I didn’t help good enough, she hit my hands with her spoon.” Nate laughs, stretching his fingers out against his fiances chest. ”She always told me to help mom when I went home again, and I always told her I would, but...” His grin catches suddenly, on the sharp edge of a memory. ”Dad wouldn’t let me.” Its quieter, almost emotionless, Nate’s grin faded away to nothing for a moment, before he bounces back, unable to linger in his own darkness.

With one little question, he's unlocked so much, plans tripping over each other in their haste to be made, in Nate’s silent, internal excitement. There’s a kitchen in the Slagveld, isn’t there? Maybe... maybe he can work something out. Make something work, so he can cook, so he doesn’t have to be afraid of burning a second place down. ”Burgers, fries, and a coke. A perfect meal.” Though now he’s reminded himself of the one thing he can’t replicate. With the way his thoughts keep splitting, dragging his focus this way and that, it’s a wonder Nate can even continue speaking along the same line. ”I used to get a milkshake, but it’s too much if I’m drinking.” He really is just talking for the sake of it now, isn’t he?

”You brat.” There’s a smile wrapped around the words, Nate shifting so he can look his fiancé in the eyes, pride and exasperation both clear on his face. ”Before then, when I still had blood. It was pasta back then. Obviously.” Nate nods, as if that settles things, and leans in, sealing the words with a kiss, shorter than he wants (though aren’t all of them?) but no less passionate for it. When he pulls back, his eye catches on on Sunjata’s, the blue bright, shining, even under the blankets.

”I can make those! You just... you just...” Though nothing comes out, Nate hand gestures against Sunjata’s chest, drawing out lines, then pinching, gently. All things considered, they’re easy. ”I’ve never seen you in a bowtie before.” Nate tries to imagine it, though with the majority of his mind boiling, what’s left can’t muster the vision to see it. ”Will you... wear one to the wedding?” He starts to slip while he asks the question, dropping down until his lips can brush the attuned’s collar, another kiss laid there, where a bow tie would sit.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He was a rich kid – grown up in a mansion, fancy clothes, everything most people dreamed of having. Only, he’d gotten the short end of the stick, with bare walls and a strict regimen to stick to if only to ensure that he didn’t fuck it up more. But that was neither here nor there, listening as Nate speaks of helping his nonna, a small smile crossing his face at a memory that he’d never had but one he could imagine quite vibrantly.

He’s half tempted to ask why Nate’s dad wouldn’t let him, but thinks better of it, letting the imagination take the reins in his fevered state, and instead decides to press his cheek against Nate – wherever he can reach as the next comment comes. “Don’t know what a coke is but milkshakes are fantastic.” He hums thoughtfully, adding in more of the playful side to ward away the dark thoughts.

The brat comment has a crooked grin spreading across his face as his lips are captured again, spending a few moments to indulge in it. “Oh. So when you were cut and you bled, it was just long thin spaghetti noodles?” He asks, once Nate’s pulled away. There’s excitement that glimmers in the steel of his eyes, his hand lifting to run along Nate’s cheek, to run a calloused thumb along his scar as the Ascended comments on bowties.

I’ll wear one.” He murmurs, flashing a grin before Nate’s sinking again and lips are brushing against his collar – his head tilting slightly as his fingers run through raven hair again until he reaches the back of Nate’s neck, running his fingers along his fiance’s spine. “What’re you going to wear? Were you a bowtie guy?” He rumbles, smirking slightly at the rhyme.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
”Coke is a soda.” Again he’s surprised. It’s never a huge glaring difference that throws him, but the little ones, the day to day things. ”Like... fizzy juice. It’s good.” They will probably never have it. Nate smiles anyway, leans against his fiancé. They’re on the same wave this time, where before, at home, it seemed like they were spiralling out of sync. Now, they do nothing but rise, tugging each other up.

Though, perhaps not for long. Spaghetti? What do I look like to you?” Nate let’s his offense pour over his features, his head tilting back. ”Spaghetti is what you give to people you don’t like. Capellini, now that’s a good pasta. Better sauce to noodle levels.” Is this a hill he would die on in any other circumstance? Probably not. But he’s willing to bleed all the pasta he has over this in these circumstances. A spark glints in his eye, like he’s daring Sunjata to argue.

Sickness keeps the fight in him from fanning high, the flames of passion hard to maintain when the passion is forgotten. Instead, Nate fixated on bow ties, on marriage and fancy dress, and shakes his head. ”Don’t think I’ve ever worn a bow tie.” Casting his mind back is easy, the path short and foggy. ”I only ever wore a suit for funerals before.” His head lifts again, so he can look into Sunjata’s eyes. ”What do you want me to wear? I can show up in nothing.”