fire & kerosene
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i feel smal, but so are stars from a distance
"I don't need to guess which side of Frey might be willing to help." You add with a twist of your lips. Though you might come across as prudish, given your role as a medical professional you're more than aware of the benefits of sex. And you do enjoy those benefits....when you have time. Which..oh gods, it's probably been more than a year.

Offering Sera a cringy and bashful smile as she nudges you, you huff out a cold cloud of air before crinkling your nose and biting your lower lip. "You're not wrong..if I was my own patient, I'd definitely advise myself to get laid. Its...been a while." You admit with a slight shake of your head.

"Although right now if I had a room that stopped time, I think I'd take a nap." You flash Sera a bright smile, knowing that this is precisely what your problem is: you work yourself to the bone leaving time for nothing else.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// heart strung, young and dumb, yeah we had no fear
way back when we said we'd both be millionaires //
A small snicker leaves Sera as she nods her agreement, settling in comfortably at Tobi’s side. It’s obvious which side of Frey they’d request, and even still… It was certainly an idea she’s sure they’d get behind. More time in the day, more time for play, as it was. But she does listen when Tobi speaks next, of advising her own self to get laid, and Sera wiggles her eyebrows playfully. “If there was a room that stopped time… Why not both?” She considers, a thoughtful look crossing her face as they continue along their path, mimicking Tobi’s own bright smile.

We could tuck it in off the side, added behind your office perhaps? Through a beautiful arched doorway?” She’s calculating now, far less playful and far more official sounding – almost speaking as if she can imagine it as it were. “Crown molding along the inside… Arched windows… Mmm.” Here’s where she sounds positively dreamy, swooning almost on her feet as she imagines it all.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"I tend to like to be awake during the few times I get laid." You say playfully, and now it's your turn to nudge Sera back. Then you cringe a little, and, biting your lip, you give Sera a crooked smile. "Is it bad that rather than sex, my first thought was of how much more work I could get done?" You sigh dramatically, rolling your eyes in a way that is clearly meant as an act of self-criticism.

"Oooh, I've always loved a good arched doorway." You agree with a hum of approval. Sera might suddenly be in work mode, but this is dream time for you. "Inside...maybe it could have a bay window that looks over...well, anywhere not here. I hear that the ocean in Torchline is amazing. Maybe a window that makes it seem as though you're there." For whatever kind of relaxation the room is used for, you're certain you'd rather pretend you on a beach somewhere, rather than the grey columns of the city. "No offence, of course." You add apologetically, knowing just how much of the city's architecture was created by Sera.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Yes, but after?” She hums, feeling the nudge to her side and hopping dramatically over before finding her rhythm in her steps again. At Tobi’s next comment, Sera can’t help but to continue the façade, an amused grin splashing across her face, peeking out from above the scarf. She feigns a gasp before she speaks next. “I think you have an addiction. Of course, I’m no expert.” Tobi would be the expert in that regard, and already it seemed as though the Doctor had already acknowledged it herself.

That’s the first step to fixing the problem, wasn’t it?

The mention of an arched doorway approval, however, has her beaming with it, sidling up next to Tobi so she might be able to imagine the woman’s dream along with what was feasible. “None taken. I’ve never been to Torchline, but I’m sure we could make it work.” She chimes. “It’s Longheat after all and I have swimsuits begging to be used.” Her head tilts a bit as she looks toward Tobi with a conspiratory grin. “Do you think we could get away with calling it a ‘work trip’? For research of course.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"I don't know, wine and a good book?" You reply, your smile bright and comical and crooked. "Gods." You huff, watching almost jealously as Sera nimbly navigates the wasteland. "When did I become so boring?" You try and remind yourself that Sera is younger, only that doesn't help. At 23 you were furiously studying and...doing more or less the same as you are now. Do you even know how to have fun anymore? Did you ever?

"Oh dear, an addiction?" You say, scrunching your nose and then hiding your lips entirely behind your scarf as you hunker down, as if with embarrassed realization. It's no surprise to you though, you probably are addicted to your work. And, if you saw Falke as regularly as you should as a therapist instead of as a colleague, you'd probably be more aware of how harmful you're being to yourself.

"We could go after?" You find yourself saying before you bite the inside of your cheek. "Assuming..you know, we don't find a miracle cure." You add with a bashful laugh, though it seems Sera is right on the same wavelength. "Only if you let me borrow one of yours. I don't actually think I own one." You admit, flashing the girl at your side a crooked smile and not minding at all that she's there. Pulling out the flash again you offer her another sip.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
She feigns more dramatics, a playful raise of the back of her hand to her forehead, before her honeyed gaze lands on Tobi again. “Work does that to a person.” She chimes, quietly offering a brighter grin full of no judgement toward the Doctor. She was the same way with her own work – hardly having time to remember to eat let alone do much else. But she always had time to herself, time alone where she didn’t have to think about it.

There’s an overexaggerated nod given to Tobi, a grin peaking out over her scarf. “Signs point to yes.” She tips a wink. “Need something else to focus on. Don’t feel guilty when you’re not at work too. Trust me, you’ll be happier.” Her voice ends in a singsong tone, slipping along the ice briefly before recovering and stuffing her hands back into their sleeves.

Even after we find a cure, what’s stopping us once people are healed?” She tilts her head, raising a brow back to her. As for borrowing one, she proceeds to look Tobi up and down, though it’s hard to tell through all the bundles of furs they wear. “You’re a bit taller than me but I’m sure I have something that will work. Might have to come try it on first.” She offers, taking the flask and taking another warming sip – this time a bit longer – before handing it back and flashing a wide grin. “Wouldn’t want to get to Torchline only to find out they don’t fit.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
It's an over the top gesture, but it has you laughing just the same. Behind your scarf, your eyes are bright, though you think you can absolutely feel frost on your eyelashes. How does anyone live here?

"Maybe I should start to call you the prophisizer from now on." Then, pausing, you shoot Sera a skeptical look. "Is that even a word?" Fuck if you know. "Ah, jokes on you. I'm almost always at work." You shrug brightly; you can't feel bad about not being at work if you're always there.

As Sera's feet slip along the ice your hands instinctively reach out, worried that she'll fall. You have all your supplies here of course, but the last thing either of you needs is a broken bone or sprained ankle. "Well, sure. I had just thought...sooner.." Your cheeks flush slightly as you twitch your lips back and forth. "The last case I had before coming here..it....I think I really messed up." You admit with a sigh, before the conversation turns decidedly more playful again.

"From what I've heard clothing is mostly optional in Torchline." You say after taking a long sip of whiskey. Is this you flirting? You don't...well. It is true after all. Better take another sip, just in case.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Aren’t all words just… Not words before people use them as such?” She quips back, gaze sliding over toward Tobi with that very same amusement, crinkling in the corners of her eyes. As for almost always at work, Sera puffs out a cloud of freezing air as she looks further ahead down the path. “You can make yourself a set schedule, right?” Certainly Tobi would be able to get another person to come in and handle the less important tasks while she had some time for herself. Who was looking over it now while Tobi was here?

But then she slips and recovers, cheeks reddening with a flush as she laughs it off. The chimed sound dies quietly when seriousness overcomes the conversation and she tilts her head toward Tobi again, moving to stand a bit closer to avoid the ice, elbow to elbow now. “They’re not… Dead are they?” She asks, raising a brow. “I mean… Accidents happen. In any job, right? You…” She gestures, gloved hands waving about in front of her. “Learn from your mistakes and be better.” That’s what she did, after all. Certainly that’s how it works.

On the subject of optional clothes, though, her brows raise and she turns her head to look at Tobi with a wide grin. “Oh, they are. You don’t seem like the type to want to go fully out there.” She chimes, flashing a wink to her companion. “No offense, of course. But it does mean no tan lines…” She trails off, looking back ahead and acting as though she’s considering the outcome.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You can't help but snort another laugh, which you feel in the back of your throat. "I...guess that's true." You admit, finding yourself entirely thrilled by Sera's acceptance of your made-up word (or not, you don't know). "Well...I can't always schedule when people are going to hurt themselves. Though it would be a lot easier if I could." You add, precisely as Sera stumbles, as if proving her point.

"Oh, no, not at all." You reply quickly with a nervous laugh, glancing over at Sera and shaking your head. "It was...well, I'm sure you heard about Finn having to be brought back from the Hollowed Ground?" Biting the inside of your cheek, you reach up to adjust your bangs with a mittened hand before letting it drop back into your pocket. "I was the one who went to get him. I...suppose I thought I could handle him on my own." You exhale a puff of smoke not unlike the one Sera just did. "Boy, was I wrong."

Pretending to look offended at that—all you can do is widen your eyes from behind your scarf—you stop to think about it. "I mean, all I drink is red wine and I haven't done a sit-up in about ten years but..." Biting the inside of your lip, you flash Sera what you hope is a mischievous look. "When in Rome..." Then, realizing that was one of those Outlander phrases your parents have told you about, you pause to explain the meaning.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Her shoulders roll in agreement, even if it wasn’t something that particularly made her envy the other woman. But it was what it was, and she’d proven the point with her slip on the ice. She can’t particularly argue it now, could she? So she focuses instead on the nervous laughter, the quiet puff of air that leaves her in relief that Tobi doesn’t have to deal with a patient dying on her watch. But then… But then it was Finn and her head cocks toward the Doctor – brows furrowing. “I did hear about that… He always seems so quiet and manageable.” She comments, though the only interaction she’d had with the Spyglass were meetings where they never seemed to talk and he rarely had much to add.

Other than that? The man was a complete mystery to her.

Well. I’m glad you’re okay.” She says, imagining that Finn would get better eventually, and perhaps a lesson learned between the two of them on what could be handled and what couldn’t.

Torchline is a safer topic, one that has her leaning in and listening as Tobi continues, a low hum of a whistle leaving her. “Ugh, red wine is so good.” She says dreamily, glancing back to Tobi when the mischievous look meets her and her own flint hued gaze flickers with warmth and playfulness. The term confuses her, however, and Tobi is generous enough to explain the meaning. “When in Rome, indeed.” She agrees with a slightly awkward huff of a laugh after.

But then she’s nudging her elbow out again, aiming for Tobi’s side. “At least you’ll have a partner, hm?” She flashes a wink before a gloved hand is reaching to intertwine her arm with the Doctor’s. “I hear Torchline has a lot of refreshing and fruity drinks. Perfect for lounging by the beach... Under the palm trees when it gets too hot.” A brief moment is spent imagining applying sunscreen on pale shoulders that didn't particularly get out much.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Walking as they are, focused on not slipping and bundled up to their eyes, it's really difficult to read Sera. Luckily the girl doesn't seem to play her cards close to the chest which makes things a relief, but for someone who is usually focused on reading and assessing people, it's really strange for you to just rely mostly on the sound of her voice. "He's usually...passive isn't the right word, but..well, not a handful. But this sickness, it's really something else." And that was putting it mildly. Offering Sera a crooked smile for her sympathy, you nod. "Yeah, I am. And he will be too." Especially with Falke there. Much as they'd joked about the doctor before, he did know what he was doing, and Finn couldn't be in better hands.

"And it's healthy for you. In moderation." You add, though your smirk and the slant of your eyebrows suggest you don't always follow this rule.

"My parents are big into the Outlanders. They've dedicated their lives to studying them. It's how I got my name actually. October is...something they call like..half a season? They call them months. Anyways.." You realize you're rambling and promptly shut up.

Which is good, because you think you're a little tongue-tied as Sera loops her arm in through yours. Your medical self wants to put distance between the two of you, because now if one of you falls, you'll both go down. Instead, you tug her closer with a bright grin, humming a happy note under your breath. "And the ocean to cool off in." You continue on with a sigh. "I hear they have these stones that let you breathe underwater, and birds that let you walk on it."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
It sounds like a nasty ordeal. Here’s hoping we find something.” She flashes a smile, one far more genuine to hear that Finn would be okay as well, a comfort in knowing they weren’t going to lose anyone to this mysterious illness. But there isn’t much Sera can add, not until the subject of red wine reaches her and she waves a hand at the mention of it being good for you, parroting a warning she’s heard somewhere.

In moderation. Like a few other things I know.” Again her brows wiggle a bit suggestively, a bright chimed laugh leaving her again before she’s settling in and listening to Tobi’s explanation. “It’s strange to imagine it, don’t you think? The other places and how different they can all be?” She’s musing now, once again wondering what the architecture of other worlds was like out there before Tobi’s captured her attention again. “Months sounds strange. A season is far easier to manage than trying to remember all the different… months.” It has her lip curling a brief amount, only for a few seconds before her arm is looping with the Doctor’s and they’re trudging along the path.

There’s a bit of surprise when she tugs Sera closer, but she doesn’t complain — pressing against the doctor’s side with ease. “If we weren’t going for research I’d suggest we leave now and enjoy it together.” She hums thoughtfully. “Though I suppose shedding off these layers in the Climb will have to do for now.” A bright laugh leaves her again, nose and cheeks reddening with the ice cold wind.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Mmm, like trudging through a frozen wasteland?" You supply, as if oblivious to whatever else should be taken in moderation. "It absolutely is. Like, right now we're in a frozen wasteland, but just ahead and through that tunnel, the temperature is the opposite." You shake your head slightly. "I think Torchline is the only place I'd ever think about being, not that I'd ever actually move, of course." You add hastily. Cian having eyes and ears everywhere, you can never be too careful. "But the Grounds? Halo?" No. You just don't see the appeal.

"Me too." You agree with an emphatic nod. Tempted as you are and despite the conversation, you've had thus far, duty calls. And when it does, you always answer. "Those guards ahead...I don't think they'll give us any trouble. Cian said that the Warden of Halo posted them there to warn people about going in the tunnels." Your brow furrows. "Why anyone would walk all the way out here and then..mistakenly walk through a tunnel is beyond me, though." It seemed absolutely unnecessary to you—wouldn't a sign work just as well?
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Exactly.” Sera chimes, flashing her companion an easy grin. She certainly wouldn’t arrive in Halo more than she had to, that’s for damn sure. On the subject of how different things were here as well, Sera clucks her tongue thoughtfully, head tilting this way and that as she keeps her arm with Tobi’s. “I think Torchline is an amazing vacation spot… But to move I think it would lose all its wonder.” She muses, humming her thoughts under her breath. “Halo’s too cold and the Grounds… Well, it’s the Grounds. Dingy and unkempt with so many ruins…” She sighs, shaking her head. “Too close to the Spire and the Ascendeds for my taste.” Indeed, the curl of her lip certainly shows what she thinks of that.

She considers what Tobi says of the guards up ahead, scanning them curiously as she figures out what to respond with when something hits her. “There’s… Hallucinations, yes? What if someone thinks it’s a portal, confuses a sign or something.” But for those that were healthy? She’s at a loss, managing to hum a quiet laugh. “Maybe people crave the adventure.” She’s certainly not one of them, too attached to her way of living.

When they get closer to the guards she flashes them a sweet and saccharine smile. “Hi there!” She waves to the guards, just to ensure they won’t try to get in their way. “We do intend to go to the Climb. But don’t worry, we’ll be back soon.” Tipping the guards a playful wink, she tightens her arm around Tobi’s and trudges right on into the tunnel.
Seraphina