lunacy in bloom
Remington
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
even my darkness shines for you
”Well if we’re trying to convince people you’re straight, I’d better find a nice dress to wear,” Ronin chuckles, setting his husband down in the bed and drawing the blankets over him; Sugar trills to Remi in reply and swoops over to perch on top of the headboard, nosing at his curls. With a grin, the huntsman sinks down onto the bed and reaches out to slip his hand into Remi’s, giving it a gentle squeeze.

”How dare you,” he says, trying for outrage but only ending up with affection. ”I don’t need pointers, and you can wait until the glorious occasion before I show you my dance moves. If you want to give me pointers, though, you can tell me how you managed to last this long without me while I had the blight. It’s incredibly frustrating.” Ronin grins.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
that's the thing about pain // it demands to be felt
"Mmmm, something to show of your rack, mmm?" The alchemist quips, though already he can feel the cold pull of unconsciousness sloshing against the back of his skull. Sleepily looking up at Sugar, Remi thinks he beams up at her, but he might have only just blinked dozily.

"I dare very easily, I think you'll find." He comments with a slow smile, though it fades at the mention of the blight. "Well..you did bring me lots of dead things to remember you by." Remi says with a stiff shrug. "But...I didn't, really." He admits, glancing up with a sad sort of frown. It was the reason why he'd so desperately tried to rekindle a friendship with Loren. Look what a disaster that had been. "How have you been?" Tugging on Ronin's hand that the huntsman might sit next to him, Remi does what he can to blink his eyes open, focusing as intently as possible on his husband.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
”Oh, yes. Something that will show it off quite fetchingly. One has to make the most of one’s assets, you know.” Ronin grins, pretending to preen and obliging his husband willingly as he’s pulled to sit beside him on the bed. Sugar huffs a cold breath of air across Remi’s forehead before settling herself across the headboard (and how she gets comfortable in the places that she does is beyond him).

All amusement drops from his expression as they speak of the blight, of how Remi coped, and guilt furrows Ronin’s brow. He leans across to press a kiss to the Lullaby’s cheek, smoothing his curls out of his face. ”Terrible,” he admits, though his soft smile suggests that he’d not have it any other way if it meant saving Remi. ”Stressed, exhausted, missing you horribly.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"I can't wait. All eyes will be on you. I imagine I'll have to work quite hard to make sure that your eyes are on me." Remi chuckles, brightening considerably as Sugar's frosty breath freezes the sweat on his brow.

"And there's no one around to...help with some of that stress?" Remi wonders, a suggestive flavour colouring the words as well as a mental pulse to clarify what he means. Sexual release. But if what Ronin had previous mentioned is accurate, then it seems most of their friends have been hit hard with this. "A pretty face at the Hanged Man, perhaps?" He adds with a teasing, but somehow also entirely serious smile.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”I don’t think you’ll have to work that hard,” Ronin objects with a sly smile. ”Not that I’m going to stop you. In fact I’m quite looking forward to seeing what you come up with.” Actually, in the Star’s current state even the mere thought of it is enough to kindle a fire in his belly, and he hurriedly forces himself to think of other things. Ugly, not sexy things. It half works, until Remi brings up the very thing he’s trying to cool down.

With a soft laugh, he shrugs his shoulders. ”We’re a long way from the Hanged Man. And what can I say? You’ve spoiled me - it would have to be a very impressive person to catch my attention, these days.” He winks, lifting the alchemist’s hand so he can kiss his knuckles. ”Best we change that subject, before I have to go take care of myself.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh, just you wait." Remi chuckles. Having never had the opportunity to properly flirt and try and win Ronin over, the alchemist finds that he's strangely looking forward to this task. Despite knowing Ronin inside and out, there are aspects of their relationship not yet explored.

"I'm sorry." The Lullaby responds. He doesn't mean he's sorry for being such a casanova between the sheets that he's somehow ruined Ronin, but genuinely sorry for the frustrations of all sorts that his condition has caused the Star. Knowing keenly the loneliness and overwhelming sense of responsibility that his husband must be feeling, the alchemist feels trapped in his own body thanks to the weight of his uselessness. "What do you mean go?" He asks with as much energy and amusement as he can muster. "I haven't had any sex either lately. The least you could let me do is watch."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
With that one phrase, Remi has succeeded in stealing any snarky retort from Ronin. The only thing the Star can do, in fact, is glow with anticipation. He would wait, and he already knew he wouldn’t be disappointed. It doesn’t mean he can’t be impatient as all hell for it, though. Remi isn’t the only one who has missed on an opportunity to flirt in earnest, and Ronin is determined to make the very most of the situation. ”I look forward to it,” he mumbles.

There’s nothing for Remi to be sorry about, but the Star merely nods to his husband in understanding. It’s not an apology that accepts fault, but rather one of empathy, and he leans in again to kiss Remi with all the gentleness he can conjure. (A surprisingly impressive feat, given his frustration and his craving for his husband). ”If I let you watch, you’ll either fall asleep without getting anything out of it, or you’ll fall asleep when we inevitably end up having sex,” he points out.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Beaming at the starlight his husband exudes, it is an indication of just how thoroughly devastated this infection has rendered his body and mind that he can't act on the heat he feels.

Moaning a softly discouraged and wanting note into Ronin's lips, Remi huffs a sigh of frustration as the Star pulls back. "As if you'll take that long." He says with a roll of his eyes, before grinning with a sleepy slant to his lips. "Surely I'm better asleep than you are on your own." Remi protests, though even he doesn't think it's true. All weirdness aside, it would probably just end up making Ronin feel more sad and frustrated than he already does.

"Can't we just...hop on your cloud and get to the springs now? What is the hold-up, anyway?" They've certainly trudged headfirst into more uncertain situations, with less planning in the past.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Drawing back, the Star smiles crookedly and leans in for another kiss, before forcing himself to sit up again (and taking a sec to adjust himself, too - it really has been forever for Ronin). ”That is a fair point,” he mumbles, rubbing at the back of his head. ”But don’t you dare tempt me to test that theory.” Huffing out a sigh and wanting either to throw caution to the wind or to go and lay in the snow to cool off, Ronin settles on what he does best, which is loving his husband.

”If I did that, we’d just have to spend more time when you’re well in getting back to Torchline and making everyone else healthy, too,” he says. ”And I want to enjoy every second I have you back. C’mere.” For now, it will have to be enough to simply enjoy Remi as he is. Ronin kicks off his shoes and draws back the blankets, slipping beneath them to draw the Lullaby into an embrace. ”Just until you fall asleep,” he whispers, kissing his curls. ”I don’t want you to get too warm.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Unlike Amalia who, in later hours (days?), will avert her eyes from the Star's semi-arousal, the alchemist lets his eyes travel down without shyness or hesitation. To say that it made his mouth water would be a lie given just how constantly parched he was, but he could feel his jaw clench slightly as he forced himself to breathe a steadying breath through his nose.

"Would we?" Remi wonders, having no idea about just how much hero-responsibility this sickness has made (allowed?) Ronin to take on. "Isn't it someone else's job to save them." He wonders flatly. Too tired to shift much more than an inch or so to make room for the huntsman, the Lullaby has to bite down on a growl that grows in the back of his throat. Ronin is hot, and not just in appearances. Laying next to him feels like being swallowed by an inferno. With a pleading look up at Sugar that she might come and lay on his chest to balance things out, Remi nods distantly as his mind threatens to blister and boil.

"You are worth all of this." He manages through dry lips. "Worth everything."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”You’re still Governor, and I am still acting Governor, until you make a decision in your right mind,” Ronin points out gently; that and he has a pesky conscience and can’t abide their loved ones (or even strangers) suffering unnecessarily. So until it’s done, it is Ronin’s job in the Star’s mind. That doesn’t mean Remi still doesn’t come first though. He smiles apologetically to know he’s causing the other man discomfort, about to move when Sugar snaps her teeth at him.

The pale dragon slips down from the headboard to stretch herself out along Remi’s chest, wings draped across him, a breath of frost slipping along his hairline and through his curls to try and cool him down. Ronin nearly lights the room up to see them together, and he feels himself relax somewhat. ”She’s so worried about you.”
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"When did you become acting governor?" Remi wonders blearily, having lost the entire thread on Torchline's political situation. "Just...don't." He suggests helpfully as the room starts to swim and melt from the heat Ronin's body is giving off. Everything looks a bit like a mirage all of a sudden, at least until Sugar's pale scales are against his skin.

Humming a loud sigh of relief, Remi tilts his chin to the side that he might nuzzle the dragon for her efforts. With eyes barely held open, the alchemist squints at all the light. "Why?" He almost coos. "I'm fine." His mind has already begun to unspool, and if the way his lashes keep fluttering open at different paces, his eyes roaming around the room is any indication, he isn't long left for this world in a coherent state.

"I miss..you..already.. " Remi mumbles, his fingers searching beneath the blankets to try and find a piece of Ronin to grab onto.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Since you asked me to keep an eye on things,” Ronin murmurs with a sly smile, and the suggestion that he just don’t would be wonderful if he weren’t the infuriating hero type who absolutely just does.

He can’t even keep up the facade of conversation as he hears Remi’s voice start to sound so far away, sadness tingeing his smile. Sugar coos back at the alchemist, at least, not planning on going anywhere, and as Remi reaches for the Star, Ronin captures his husband’s hand.

”I miss you too, love,” he whispers, thumb grazing across the back of his hand. ”Sleep. I’ll be there soon, I promise.” And he will, just as soon as he’s taken a shower.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Does'n sound like the sort o'thing I'd say." Remi mumurs through lips suddenly very dry and very heavy.

"I'll..be..." There is a pulse of affection through the bond nearly as bright as Ronin's starlight, followed by the softest squeeze of the Star's hand. It's all Remi can manage just now, given how incredibly heavy his eyelids are and how the world is melting away into smoke and cinders. "...wai..t..'n" His mind has slipped away before the last breath in his lungs forms the words on his lips. Dead to the world—and to the shenanigans to come moments later—the alchemist drops into a world of timeless nightmares, screams who wear the face of his lost daughter, and an endless vista he must traverse in order to see Ronin again.

~FIN

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky