i'll follow you into the dark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
acres of longing, mountains of tenderness
How much of Amalia's time is spent in the shower, and how much listening anxiously at the door, debating trying to find a way out of a window or simply breaking through a wall? It's hard to know for sure, but needless to say the ratio skews distinctly in the direction one might expect. It takes her time and a great deal of talking-down to finally step into the room, and even when she does it's with a great deal of trepidation, her eyes flitting anxiously between the two (three?) men on the bed.

There's a moment where Amalia only stares, a shy and uncertain smile on her face. There's another beat where she seriously considers making a run for it. And then there's the moments after where she finds herself walking forward, shifting as she does, until it's a snow leopard who throws herself upon the bed, purring aggressively and pressing her head against Remi as she lets her relief and love and apology trickle through the bond. It's easier than being in her own skin, especially considering the way that skin was just pressed against Ronin's.

Welcome back, Amalia purrs through the Attuned bond, her own memories of the illness coloring the words with the utmost empathy and joy for her friend. I missed you.
Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i'll stay here with you until this dream is gone
"Well we aren't going to drink the wine." Remi protests with a huff. "Think of it like...a dipping sauce." If the alchemist had the same abilities as the Star, he'd be radiating bright pulses of smug starlight just then, to see the easy way his husband chews and swallows his food. But then they suddenly aren't alone; Amalia's presence seems small and shy as she hovers by the door, and he almost doesn't notice that she's there at first. When he does, glancing up, his mouth full of food, Remi offers the Shield as sunny of a smile as he can manage without choking himself, or worse, losing anything in his mouth. " 'i A'a" He tries and fails at a greeting.  With one hand holding the glass of wine and the other intertwined in Ronin's, Remi has nothing with which to hold out to encourage the Shield over. In a way it's probably for the best; if Amalia is as uncertain about everything as Remi thinks she might be, the last thing she'll want to do is touch him. His magic is weak now, but not so weak that he wouldn't immediately feel everything that she was.

Clumsily putting down the wine glass as the leopard jumps onto the bed, instantly Remi's hands are in her fur, tugging her closer and returning her affection tenfold. I missed you too. He replies, mental voice warm and genuine, without so much as an ounce of upset. Dunking a bit of sandwich into the wine and offering it to the pale feline, Remi bites the inside of his cheek, not entirely sure how to navigate the tension and uncertainty he thinks is lingering beneath her snowy pelt.

Thanks for being there for him. Remi says of Ronin, as if the Star (and his projection) weren't right there. With eyes only for the Shield, the alchemist smiles with unfettered appreciation and love, the words meaning to convey both that he knows what has just transpired before he was woken up, and also his thoughts about it. So saying (or more properly, thinking), he holds out the wine-dipped-sandwich for the feline to try.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
”A dipping sauce.” Only Ronin could somehow appear so outraged with a mouthful of food (it’s the eyebrows), and he shakes his head at Remi uncomprehendingly, sinking back against the pillows and drawing the Lullaby against his chest. His contentment rolls out of him in soft, starlit waves, and he similarly doesn’t notice Amalia at first. When he finally glances up - and finishes the sandwich he’s been devouring - he offers the Shield a warm smile, letting his fingers slip out of Remi’s as she comes hopping onto the bed as a leopard.

The Star busies himself in fussing over his husband while Amalia and Remi reunite, figuring it best to allow them to have a moment to themselves despite his obvious being there. His projection flickers out, however, giving them a bit more space to navigate the little room. Only when he offers out the wine soaked sandwich does Ronin have anything to say, laughing warmly and rubbing at the scruff on his chin. ”Don’t you get her involved. It might taste marginally okay, but you’ll never make wine sandwiches a thing.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The lush fur keeps him from her skin unless he searches for it, which is a good thing as Amalia's emotions are still a boiling kettle. But primary among them is gratitude, and relief: that he's alright, that he still cares, that he forgives her for what happened between the Shield and the Star.

Secondary, of course, is mortified embarrassment that he knows.

Still purring aggressively, Amalia lifts her head up at the offer of the sandwich, sniffing the damp bread curiously. It doesn't take more than one good inhale for her face to contort, fangs appearing as her lips pull back and her eyes widen, the standard feline expression of what the fuck did I just smell comically splayed over her visage. The Shield shakes her broad head adamantly, appalled and amused by this most bizarre offering. No thank you, she declines through the bond, her mental voice rippling with wry bemusement. I'm good.

Reluctantly the Shield sits up, tilting her head and looking between Remi and Ronin. I don't want to... I'm sure you two want space. And time. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, Remi, and... and to say that what happened earlier, um... I, I know it doesn't mean anything. And I hope it doesn't... that you'll still want me around. After. Now. If she could blush she would; as it is she manages to do the felid equivalent, as peonies form in some of the rosettes of her coat.
Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You're both very rude." Remi hums to himself as if highly offended that they aren't as on board with wine-soaked carbs as he is. "And just for that, I am henceforth decreeing that it is a thing." He chuckles to Ronin with a mischievous scowl that dares the Star to argue.

As Ama sits up, Remi's gaze softens considerably as he looks upon her. He wonders if it makes things worse, to see him so cuddled up against Ronin in the wake of all the things she must be feeling at and about him. His fingers haven't sought out her skin, remaining respectfully upon her fur. Close as the two of them might have been before, he won't simply help himself to her feelings. Especially now; not when there are things she'd probably wish he didn't know about.

Of course I still want you around. He confirms warmly, sea-glass eyes gentle and kind as they softly scan the crimson flowers blooming upon her. As I'm sure Ronin mentioned, this is an agreement we've had for quite some time. He tilts his head slightly over his shoulder to glance at Ronin as if looking for the Star to confirm. And it means whatever it means. The Lullaby adds with a soft shrug. If it was nothing, then it was nothing. And if it was more? Well, then they'd all need to talk about it.

But you don't need to rush off, unless you want to. I'm exhausted. He adds with a crooked smile, opening his arm back up that she might cuddle in at his side. Or not, he'd understand.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
”We’re not in Torchline right now, so you can’t decree a damned thing.” Ronin leans in to kiss Remi’s cheek with unbridled affection, though he doesn’t stop him from enjoying his wine sandwiches. He remains mostly silent as the conversation bats back and forth between leopard and Lullaby, though he’s still very happily wound around his husband, and not a damned bit of awkwardness will stop him.

Still, he offers a gentle nod of agreement as Remi looks to him for confirmation. ”You don’t have to leave,” he agrees, tilting his head to rest it against his husband’s curls. ”You’re still one of the best friends I’ve got. I’m not sad about what happened, and I don’t have any regrets. Thank you again, for bringing the water to us.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The simple acceptance that's offered is a balm, and though Amalia does not return to her position splayed across Remi she does soften in her posture, lowering her body down and placing her chin on the Lullaby's leg. That this is an agreement doesn't mean it would be okay, and if it wasn't for her absolute trust in Ronin then the Shield would never have allowed herself to indulge the way she did. I'll stay a little longer? she less says than asks, looking once more between the men for final confirmation. As long as it's okay.

Settling in at the foot of the bed, Amalia whuffs a laugh. I think it would have been wasted on Loren, anyway, she remarks, rolling over so that her belly is exposed up to the air for rubs, if they should wish. Honestly, there's not much difference between him sick and him well. It's cruller than she might normally be, but Amalia is too tired (and satisfied) to hold her tongue - especially with them.
Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Not entirely sure what to make of Ama's lack of ease, the alchemist just nods softly in agreement. "As long as you like. Though I'll not hear another word about my food." Nudging Ronin softly he adds, "From either of you." So saying, he decadently dips a piece of bacon in the wine cup and makes a show of enjoying it.

"Ahh right, Ronin said you didn't mention how it was you stole it away from him." In the moment Remi doesn't know if he feels smug about the fact the water came from the Launceleyn or bitterly annoyed. "I can't wait to hear him spin the situation later on, about having cured me or some such." He says with a bitter sigh, leaning heavily against Ronin as he rubs an eye with the back of one hand. "He..isn't coming on this little adventure, is he?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
”My lips are sealed,” Ronin assures his husband, going ahead and sealing them against Remi’s cheek for good measure as he enjoys his wine dipped bread. Honestly, it’s enough just to see him eating, the Star relaxing with the Lullaby in his arms and grinning to see Amalia present an almost irresistibly fluffy belly up at them. Rather than indulge, however, he merely narrows his eyes playfully at his friend - he isn’t sticking his hand into that murder cage, thank you.

Snorting as the subject of conversation turns to Loren, Ronin slips his arms around his husband properly, as if to both soothe away his bitterness and to catch him as he leans back.”Let him,” he mumbles. ”So long as you’re in your right mind to respond, it won’t matter. And no, he is not. It’ll be the three of us, together with Morgan, Saiden and Chulane.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Or how I condemned him to be sick because nobody loves him, she agrees with another wry whuff, sighing and closing her eyes. It's not much of a story. I tried to get him to drink it and he froze the water, threw it at me, and tried to light himself on fire. Maybe I should have kept pushing, but... she shrugs expressively, not bothering to say the rest: I didn't want to, and you deserved it more.

The list of people going on this journey is one she expected, though she's still somewhat surprised by one of the additions. I don't know Saiden, but... why is he coming? It seems unlike Ronin to bring along anyone who would be another body to keep track of, another soul to keep alive.
Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Grumbling as he's cuddled as if his anger about Loren is misplaced, Remi sulkily shifts his shoulders more comfortably against Ronin and huffs. And it might well be, but like so many scars on his body which have healed poorly, all that has come between him and the Launceleyn had made quite the impression, even all these years later.

"Ahh yes. Amazing how everything revolves around him." Remi agrees, happy that at least someone is willing to help stoke his anger. "Oh, the old Loren tries to kill himself trick?" There is a darkness in his gaze, a disdain he doesn't bother trying to hide. It almost makes his eyes look predatory, though animals aren't capable of such complex hatred. "Yeah, why Saiden?" The Lullaby wonders. Over and above Saiden being Vanya's brother, the connection—and usefulness—of the cook is entirely lost on him.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin resists the urge to roll his eyes at the back and forth between Remi and Amalia, though he doesn’t bother to hide his smile. Honestly, the Star has nothing to be bitter about currently; with his husband in his arms and coherent, he can complain about Loren all night for all Ronin cares. He’s thoroughly ruining the Lullaby’s disdainful look by trying to braid his curls when the conversation turns to Saiden, Ronin glancing down at the two of them.

”He’s a water mage. And a cook. Having someone who could manipulate the hotsprings seemed like a good idea, as well as someone used to making a meal from very little on a ship.” His logic tracks, he thinks. ”But also yes. He’s Vanya’s brother, and he wanted to help.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
But of course it's our fault for not being better friends, Amalia agrees with her own amused bitterness, squirming to push herself up closer to Remi's hands and the potential of belly rubs. Her own aggravation with the Firebrand doesn't run nearly as deep as Remi's, but she enjoys the comradery of mutual irritation, the strange feeling of naturalness in lying on this bed and bitching.

Ronin's protest does absolutely nothing to make Amalia less indignant. I can cook, she points out, sticking her pink tongue out at the star at the implication he needs a superior chef in his life. Exhaling a heavy sigh, the Shield shuts her eyes. I just... as long as he can handle himself. I don't want to see anyone else die in the Climb.
Amalia
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Like Amalia, Remi is not convinced. His hand runs over the crest of her ribcage, engulfed in white fur, though careful not to touch the skin below. This means that his affection is surface-level at best, but given her current state, he thinks that's likely all she wants.

"Just how long are we planning on being there, that we need to bring a chef along?" Remi wants to know, though his tone of voice makes it sound rhetorical. Especially given the cook's relationship to Vanya. It probably has nothing at all to do with his utility that he's coming along, and everything to do with Ronin being unable to say no to the sea-bird's kin.

Leaning his head back against Ronin's shoulder, Remi exhales an exhausted breath into the side of the Star's neck as his eyes flutter shut. It's a wave of relief, to feel the love and calm that pulses off of his husband, and though Remi's magical endurance is at an all-time low, for this he'll absolutely drain himself dry. I hate to say it...but I'm exhausted..