third time's a charm, right?
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
raza
Ludo came to our rescue at the beach, didn’t ‘e? It’s the first sign’a someone actually listenin’ to me, so I, for whatever reason, decide to try again. An’ now that I’ve got this Sea Panther Horn thing, an’ Remi makin’ a hilt for it, I can ‘ave a proper weapon.

A fancy weapon.

Hoa stays at home this time, but I bring the little finger trap sleeve again as my offering an’ lay it down on the altar in front’a me. I’m ‘onestly not expectin’ anything from it, those bitter feelings welling back up again as I stare at the toy and the too-silent Gods. “Ludo?” I ask into the quiet, candle-lit night. “I could use your help with somethin’.” It sounds terrible, actually, so I add a “Please,” to the end of it an’ brace myself for another fuckin’ spirit.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

”But you’re so strong on your own, aren’t you?”

Ludo’s voice is like the turning of a page, like the whisper of waves against the beach when the tide is going out. It can’t be seen at first, but if Raza looks closely enough she will spy a fluttering array of rags wrapped around the statue at the shrine.

The finger trap toy is gone at once, Ludo sliding two shreds of fabric between it, sealing it around the statue like a cloak pin. Yes, it does wrestle with it for a bit before realising it is stuck, then proceeds to turn its attention back to the Accepted.

”You left your snake at home,” it remarks, almost sounding disappointed.

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
raza
“Are you mockin’ me?” After a moment of thought on the god’s words, I have to ask. I genuinely can’t tell if it’s payin’ me a compliment or referrin’ to the fact that it’s true, I’ve always relied on m’self an’ it’s gotten me this far already.

Regardless of which reason it says that, there are people here now who are far stronger an’ I’ve fallen behind. I nibble a little at my lower lip as I watch it play with the finger trap, catching itself around the statue. “Hoa. His name is Hoa. How do you know I’ve brought ‘im the other times?” I’ve stepped forward to try an’ help it release itself, but stop short’a it, curious if it was watchin’, an’ just chose not to appear. Or something’ terribly rude like that.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo

”Nope,” Ludo replies to her comments, though it sounds distracted as it continues to struggle with the finger trap; if it were possible, there would be a tongue poking from the corner of the mouthpiece on its mask. Eventually it directs its gaze up to Raza, mask tilting at her. ”Just an observation, sweetling. What is it you require help with?”

As for Hoa, it drapes further around the statue, rags seeming to shrug. ”I’m a god,” it says, as if to suggest that she might have asked a bit of a stupid question. ”I like Hoa. Next time bring him? I’d like to see him.” Still, it’s twisting about trying to free itself from the finger trap.

Eventually it holds the trap out to Raza, waiting hopefully to see if she will be so kind as to release it.

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
Sure, I guess I’m strong, but I ain’t strong compared to the Outlanders. “Right. But you weren’t here the last time I came.” Which begs several questions, but probably the biggest is why it didn’t show up if it knew I was here. It could’a seen Hoa then. I ain’t about to say it out loud, so I just agree. “Okay.”

I’m beginning to think spirits an’ Gods like Hoa better than me.

“I’d like to make a fancy weapon outta this dagger,” I say as I pull the Sea Panther Horn out of its holder at my hip. Placing it down, I laugh a little an’ squat down to the statue’s height, miming pushing my fingers in to the middle instead’a pullin’ ‘em out. “Push ‘em in an’ the openings’ll open big enough to pull her fing - uh, rags out.”

Steppin' back to see if it's able to do it, I remember that Ludo is part'a the reason we were able to defeat the Sea Panther. "Thanks for comin' t'save us on the beach." Gods but if it doesn't feel like I'm eatin' my words left an' right these days.
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

”You’re right. I wasn’t.” It offers no further explanation, no apology, no justification. It owes Raza nothing, and it isn’t about to start pandering to a mortal’s misplaced offence. Peeping around the statue as she produces the sea panther horn, Ludo lets out a coo of interest. ”From the kit kat you all sizzled,” it says, directing its attention to the finger trap again and pushing its rags in, as instructed, waggling them about as they are released.

”oOoOoOo.” She has impressed Ludo, clearly, and it leans over further to try and see the panther horn more clearly. ”You called me, so I came.” The fact that this makes very little sense compared to what it’s just told her is clearly lost on Ludo. ”What kind of weapon?”

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
No, the almost immediate contradiction isn’t lost on me an’ I spend a bit too much time tryin’ to figure out the difference between callin’ when I need help there versus callin’ for hep here. A long silence stretches out after the question afore I realize it asked me somethin’.

“Oh. Ah, a weapon that can work close up and afar. Maybe be able to sizzle folks? Like I can just point it at ‘em an they start to get burns or blisters?” I’ve really thought about this an’ I realized after the Sea Panther that not all things can be fought up close - or should be. Even Sunjata’s dagger things brought me a little too close to the sea beast. So, yeah, I’m lookin’ for somethin’ with a bit’a range, even though this horn ain’t really naturally designed for that.
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

The finger trap has now been sequestered away in Ludo’s rags (obviously it is pleased with her offering) and it hmmms and aaaaaahs over the panther horn, considering Raza’s request with a bob of its masked head. ”Perhaps a spear. Or a trident,” it remarks. ”Given that the poor kit kat got struck by lightning, makes sense that it should be able to sizzle back in death!” Sitting back again, it nods to Raza helpfully.

”Or if not a spear, I guess just a dagger. Either way, you’ll need to do a few things with it before I can make it into anything special.” Tapping a rag against a porcelain cheek, the mask seems to cheerfully grin at her.

”Leave the horn out in a storm so it can get struck by lightning again,” it suggests. ”And kill somebody - or something - with it. You need to let the blood get right the way in there. Sound good?”

Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
raza
I light up like the Festival ‘a Lights at the mention of a trident, one’a the weapons I clearly hadn’t thought’a before. Gods, an’ if that imagery ain’t just the most perfect. Everythin’ else I thought I wanted is immediately discarded because from that moment on, I’m sold.

It lays out what needs to be done an’ ‘onestly, it doesn’t sound hard. More lightning? Kill something? If it ain’t gotta be a person, it’ll be easy enough. With Hoa’s help, I can probably get some stray animal or a couple’a rats to do the trick. My head bobs eagerly up an’ down, half-smilin’ as I reach to take the horn back after Ludo’s done examining it. “Aye, sounds good.”

It seems almost too easy. But I ain’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Makin' to leave, I turn back an -

Manners, Raz.
"Thanks."
Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

It may seem easy, because in all honesty it is. Why? Because Raza’s already done the hard bit - getting the horn in the first place. Ludo flaps a rag in a wave as she hops back to her feet and moves to leave, slinking back around the statue and watching her away. ”Anytime,” it calls with a happy trill, as if it hasn’t just taken a thousand years to answer her in the first place.

Either way, at least she’ll be able to get something out of it in the end now. Right? Right.

~FIN

Raza has been given a quest by Ludo!

She needs:

- 1 thread having the horn struck by lightning
- 1 thread killing something with the horn