[se] I don't even know which trick I ought to try
For Phoebe
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
our sins are washed away
(Takes place before the expedition to the Climb)

After the season they'd had on the Ark, Saiden felt he'd earned a well-deserved break. And seeing as he hadn't actually visited the newly refurbished Halelani yet, he figured it was past time. So, shirtless and barefoot, dressed only in a pair of shorts, he made his way towards the building.

As he walked, he would take occasional pulls from the flask dangling from his fingers. When he arrived at his destination, he took a moment to admire the exterior. Then, whistling a sea shanty, he walked towards the front door

Heading through the palm trees and gardens, he stepped onto the porch. Finally entering, he grinned at the woman at the front. "Hello cat lady. Long time no see." He slouched against the nearest wall and grinned at her. "Did you ever find the Sear Cat you were looking for?"

Phoebe
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Oh sing sweet Nightingale, sing sweet...
The Nightingale looked up, honeyed gaze distant at best. The usual cheer with which she greeted her guests was lost. Her brow furrowed in confusion. Who was this man? Did she know him? Her focus blurred for a moment, in and out, almost in time with the distant crash of the waves. She was supposed to be doing something...but she couldn't remember.

His question would still be answered, though perhaps from an unexpected source. "Patience, sailor boy. Where is the rush?" came the distinct, gravelly tenor of Branbast as he hopped up onto the counter, sitting with a flourish of his tail.

"Branbast!" Phoebe said with delight, as if she had not seen the cat in ages even though he had just been upon her lap. His tail twitched, watching Saiden with a wide-eyed, unsettlingly steady gaze as the Madame stroked his fur. But she seemed unsteady, leaning to one side precariously so. "She ails, she wails, she flounders and falls, alas a lass alone." he hummed, eyes shifting to gaze at Phoebe as she continued to lean further and further on the edge of her seat.

"Foolish fishies fly while daring dockmen dive. But will you catch this catch so caught in crashing?"

As if on cue the Madame fell from her seat.
...high above me
The Nightingale
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
At Phoebe's blank look, Saiden grinned. "Saiden Hali. Remember? Ye came to talk to me about Sear Cats." At the voice that rang out, the cook looked around, though as the cat appeared the Hali snorted. "Guess ye did." He held out a hand to scratch Branbrast between the ears. Nodding at the Madame, Saiden arched an eyebrow. "Branbrast? Is that yer name?"

As the cat continued speaking, the cook frowned. "What?" He turned to Phoebe, mouth open for a quip. However, as she toppled from her chair, he sprang into action. Although he wasn't quick enough to actually catch her, he was by her side in an instant, easing her into his lap. "Whoa there. Everything alright?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
The cat made a tsking sort of noise as Phoebe fell to the floor, Saiden clearly missing the meaning of the warning. What a pity.

Phoebe missed the entire conversation, having more or less fainted as she fell. The feeling of her head being propped up had her blinking her eyes. What had happened? Where was she? She squinted her eyes, trying to make out the blurry form above her. Dark hair. Tanned skin. Definitely male. "Frey?" she muttered in confusion. What was Frey doing here? Had she channeled them on accident? "You're not as pretty as usual, are you sick?" she mumbled. They usually were so perfect looking they were clearly not human. But this version was more rugged, more real.

And more importantly...

"And how come I'm not all hot and bothered?"
...high above me
The Nightingale
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Glancing at Branbast, the Hali frowned. At Phoebe's comment, though Saiden laughed and looked back at her. "Not Frey, but I'll take it as a compliment that ye think I'm a fraction as attractive as them." He winked. Then he shifted so his arms were under her shoulders. "Come on, let's get ye up." He urged her to try and get to her feet.

Chuckling at her comment, he shrugged slightly. "If it's hot and bothered ye want, that can be arranged." Narrowing his eyes, he peered at her. "Though ye seem to have the hot part handled all on yer own." Indeed, her body was practically radiating heat and her skin was clammy. He used his water magic to slick the sweat off of her, hoping that might help.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe snorted, snickering very much at his expense. "No one is as attractive as Frey, that's why I was confused." she mumbled. She pushed against his hands, sitting up and leaning against the counter. Slowly she pulled herself up. "I just saw a dark haired man and that's how Frey looks to me." she continued.

But then water suddenly swiped over her brow and she shrieked, fumbling backwards. "Why would you do that?!" She shouted, rubbing her face hurriedly in an attempt to dry it. It was an overreaction perhaps but her distress was clearly very real. Branbast's tail flicked, watching curiously.
...high above me
The Nightingale
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Pouting, Saiden batted his eyelashes at Phoebe. "So ye don't find me attractive then?" His expression morphed into a grin. "I'll just have to find some way to change yer mind. It helps that I look close to Frey, yeah?" Winking at her, he helped her sit up, letting her use him as leverage if she wanted. One hand stayed on the small of her back even after she managed to get up, steadying her.

As she yelled, he blinked. "Yer hot, and not just in the attractive way. Burning up, actually. I was trying to cool ye off." However, seeing her distress, he used his magic to pull all traces of water off her skin. "How're ye feeling? Ye want to go to yer room and rest?"