heat seeker
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// last night you came to my house with drunk eyes
we didn't think too much this time, we danced like we were the same //
Her bound hair leaves a few tendrils behind that stick to her face and her neck as she points to the two pools she’s figured out to match the map, and as she suggests her idea and listens to Tobi’s response, she too can’t help the way her cheeks flare slightly, gaze slipping to her conpanion’s face with a saccharine smile that maybe edges a bit closer to a smirk. “What I mean is that we leave the labels here so they get less wet, and one of us can go in and get the vials and bring them back?

But already she’s shifting the map a small amount, moving to fold it up and set it aside so it isn’t ruined, turning to face Tobi a bit more fully, head tilting up a bit to peer at the doctor. “I can go and get a few of them if you’d like, or you can start. It is teamwork, after all.” She chimes brightly, despite the playful twist of her own words. It might make things go a bit faster as well, might mean that a little bit more time could be spent with the both of them in the pools. And if anyone needed more time to loosen up, it certainly seemed like Tobi was the one in need of it.

And if she does call Frey, well, wouldn’t that be an interesting event to add in?
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
You're tempted to reach out and brush away the dark curls as you might do with Finn, but politeness keeps your hands where they are. "Ohhhhh, of course." You say with a laugh, crinkling your nose in a very obvious expression of, duh.

The way Sera looks up at you—it's only a slight incline of her chin, for you aren't that much taller—and how her head tilts, it's almost as if..."Always happy to have the help." You say perhaps a touch too brightly, your laugh a little too jittery. "Just..you know, no bits of you in the sample if you can avoid it." Smirking, you think better of it and shrug. "Unless you've got some ability you've not told me about?" You won't call it magic; that isn't a compliment in Stormbreak, but a death sentence. But there are special abilities that go around; special items, shifts kept in secret like yours, any number of god-blessed things that change the outcome of a situation. It was entirely possible that Sera had some extra talent. She was the youngest member of the Order by far, and that certainly took some skill.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
There’s an easy grin that spreads across her face, one that seems to suggest that she’s along for whatever October thought as well – the flush to her skin vibrant in all the ways that it should be. And as she looks up to the doctor, spying the bright words, the slight jittery tone to her words. “Unfortunately, the me you see is all me.” She teases lightly, taking the vial and nodding at the warning of not getting herself into it.

And as she moves back toward the springs, she’s hesitant upon stepping into it – lowering herself to the edge of the nearest pool so she might be able to reach the next section, pool four if memory served her right. And after a moment of contemplation, she keeps the vial above the water of this pool, lowering herself and gasping at the warmth that encompasses her in its soothing embrace, taking a moment to pause as it soothes sore muscles.

Luckily, it doesn’t take long – a quick pop over the edge of the pool for the next to dip the vial in and she’s returning – lingering on the inside of the pool and holding the vial out above the edge, flashing a grin toward Tobi with reddened cheeks and an entirely soaked body, half looking like a mermaid just breeching from the waves. “Pool four!
Seraphina

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

A few bubbles surface from beneath the waters.

You feel renewed from soaking in its steam and its heat, but it seems otherwise... like a hot spring.

With your skin jewelled wet, you might just want to slip beneath the surface for a few more minutes. Maybe you’d even like some company.
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
From all reports these pools are harmless. Helpful, even, over and above the relaxation which is gained from sitting in warm water. Still, you can't help but hold your breath slightly as Sera dips in a toe first, and then the rest of her. Exhaling a relieved breath as it seems that there are no ill-effects, you offer your assistant a shaky smile as you relieve her of the water from pool 4. "Well...since you're already in...?" Holding out another vial and nodding your head toward pool 5, you laugh under your breath wondering just how differently this might all have gone had you invited Dorian here to help you instead.

"How's the water?" You ask over your shoulder, your voice echoing through the empty cavern as you move back toward your things so you can place the label on the vial.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Bubbles rise and burst alongside her skin, sending goosebumps along with a feeling of relief and perhaps a bit of wonder. She holds the vial out for Tobi to take, a soft smile playing on her lips as the sudden tug of dipping below the surface reaches her, but she holds off for now — waiting until the empty vial for the next pool is given, and she slips away to do just that.

She goes to hand off pool five’s vial, and when it leaves her hands she folds her arms along the edge of the springs, gaze lingering along the Doctor with content and relaxation flickering through her bones. “The water is wonderful.” She hums, reaching up to untie her hair so she might not have a birds nest to deal with when it all gets wet. It falls about her shoulders, dipping into the bubbling springs, and she pushes away from the edge, remaining within the water comfortably. “You should join me.” If anything, she imagines Tobi might receive far more comfort within the bubbling waves than her sore muscles had.

And then she lowers herself within it, dunking her head to feel the warmth of it all, the soothing touch of Frey’s Breath everywhere.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You watch, thinking that Sera looks every bit the part of a mermaid the way she glides through the water, her bronze skin and dark hair shimmering with heat. When she lets it down, fluttering softly about her shoulders until it's tugged weightlessly away by the water, you can't help but smile. "You look like you were born for this." You note with a laugh, taking back the vial and adding the label to it.

Returning to the side of the pool where Sera hovers, seemingly have no intention of leaving, you bite your lip and scrunch your nose. You really should get back. Your mind pictures Finn shivering and sweating in bed, banging his cast on things in a morphine haze. Would you really be able to tell him that you delayed any amount of help, because you wanted to have a bit of a swim with a pretty girl?

Actually, you think he might just laugh and tell you that's absolutely what you should do.

"Okay, but only for purely scientific reasons." You grumble as if you need to justify taking a break. Given Sera's precedence of just...getting in wearing only a bra and underwear, you follow suit. Sitting down on the edge and dipping your feet in instantly removes any hesitation that you might have had. Moaning a contented sound, you let your hips slip off the rocky lip, long legs searching for the bottom of the pool until you're standing.

"This is divine" You hum, eyes closed, water up to your neck.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
They should get back, but with all the vials and everything, it’s only a skip and a jump with the compass is it not? A few extra moments pretending the Climb is as perilous as stories have suggested should bide them the time to relax and enjoy it — of course, until next time. For now, however, Sera emerges again from the water, slicking her hair back out of her face, watching as she dips her feet in. She’d be lying if the sound Tobi made didn’t add to the flush along her neck.

And as soon as the doctor dives in more fully, a wide grin spans Sera’s face, slipping over toward the doctor, aiming to grab her hands and pull her closer into the middle of the springs to enjoy it all that much more. “Frey outdid themselves with this, I think.” She chimes contentedly, gaze hooding slightly like a cat that’s sunbathing. “Do you still want me to call for them..?” She asks, head tilting slightly, water dripping along her bronze skin to the bubbles below.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Easily you allow your hands to be taken. You aren't shy when it comes to physical contact so much as...inexperienced? Awkward, if only because it isn't the sort of thing you normally seek out? But there's a smile on your face as you glide weightlessly through the water, humming a low note of agreement. "Gods I should see if they'd let us bring back enough water to fill a pool back home. Can you imagine?" Having this to relax in every day? You think you'd never have a stiff muscle again.

"Couldn't hurt?" You muse with a soft smile. "They've split again, so...probably the nature side?" Though it might have come across as a surprise to those locked away in the Grounds, that Frey was a dual persona like Rae was well known to anyone who had studied their history. They come together and then bloom apart again on a cycle. Every...300 years or so? You can't quite remember.

Still, nearly naked as you are in the water, you think the more sensual aspect of them would look more kindly on you. Though what they'd be able to do to help, you don't know.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Now there is a thought. Sera beams at Tobi with the comment, her mind working again. “I could probably build it into a part of your office.” Gone for the moment are the secret rooms and getaways, all in favor for this divine, weightless feeling. “Therapy, right?” A playful wink is given to Tobi, hands still in hands, and she focuses on the next question.

To call for Frey.

She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t a small amount anxious, not wishing to waste the deity’s time, but this was important… Was it not? Would she ever get a chance again? So she nods, a small playful smile remaining on her face, still hand in hand. She moves to stand beside Tobi, shoulder to shoulder, trying to ignore the way her skin feels as it brushes against Sera’s shoulder if only so she can focus on calling them.

Here goes nothing.” She murmurs under her breath. “Frey… Of nature and life, We have questions if you’d be so kind to show..?” She’s uncertain if it works, anxiety gnawing in her stomach at the idea of offending or ruining their opinion by calling them here.

It’s important, she continues to tell herself, casting a sideways glance toward Tobi.

Sera tries to channel the nature side of Frey!
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Ooooh, gods you're clever." You purr happily, giving Sera's fingers an encouraging squeeze as you imagine having this constantly at your disposal. Of course your mind immediately circles back to Dorian and all the quips he might have about it and excuses to make use of it. All under your supervision, you imagine.

With your hand tightly clenching hers and your shoulder offering both stability and nervous excitement, you swallow silently as Sera calls. Or prays. Or whatever this is. As a disciple of Rae you're less apprehensive about calling down this particular deity as opposed to Safrin or Ludo for example. But still your belly is full of butterflies as you wait, heart in your throat.
October

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
reality whispers a different tune underwater
Not Frey, no, but something appears. It slithers in the water around them like a long eel made of light and laughter. Between their legs, around their thighs, and then suddenly it is leaping into the air, cresting above the pool in a perfect half-arc. It has heard what they've said, what they've asked, but it hasn't the voice to answer them. Instead, it does the best that it can.

Spinning in a circle in the air, its body begins to stretch and tremble. Faster and faster it moves, looking almost like a piece of clay being worked by invisible hands. Its shape changes and then changes again, until what remains is a large container of light. Weightless despite what it placed in it, it will allow the two women to bring back several doses of water for consumption and study.

The spirit has given them a one-use container to bring back some of the water!
Random Event
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
The encouraging squeeze of her hand has Sera feeling a bit more confident when she moves to call for Frey. It’s something she’s never done, has no idea what to expect, but when it comes down to it? She’s Accepted, part of the Order, she shouldn’t be worried to call upon the gods when it was she who was pure and devoted, right?

The call doesn’t bring Frey, but there’s a gasp that slips from her as something appears of shimmering light and laughter. Warmth settles within her, a smile breaking across her face, a surprise as it passes by her legs and thighs, and when it crests the smile grows brighter.

And then there’s a container left, full of light and weightless, and Sera turns to Tobi then while she still grasps the Doctor’s hands, pressing herself closer to Tobi in her excitement. “I think that’s enough to start!
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You on the other hand, are not accepted. You haven't been for years and years now, so it's no surprise that you're filled with a bit of apprehension at what is about to happen. As light (and something) uncoils in the water, you hold your breath. However as the something touches you, you squeal girlishly, jumping animatedly to the side and grabbing at Sera's shoulders as if somehow the Artificer is going to protect you from this.

Heart pounding as you see the light-created container, you feel adrenaline coursing through your system making you want to scream, or run, or laugh. Unable to do anything more than blink stupidly for a few minutes, you slowly realize that you've latched onto Sera, and you start to release her with a bit of nervous laughter. "So...okay. Not what I was expecting."
October