Personal Quest (SE) quench this fire
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
this pair of wings worn and rusted from too many years by my side
Whatever fear has encompassed her fades away to simple exhaustion as Remi lifts her into his arms, cradled against his chest. Like a child she curls against him, animal features cascading over her in waves of thick fur and and fair skin and flashes of lilac scales.

It isn't until they reach the pools that she stirs, looking out upon the water with a hazy flash of concern. Like a frightened cat she clings to the Lullaby, claws reaching out to tug into his skin, terror rising up and making her hair stand on end. "No," she murmurs into Remi's shoulders, turning away from the water as though if she doesn't look it will disappear. "No water, no, please, I don't want to drown again-"

And then she does. She drowns, she dies, and she is reborn.

"Oh, Vi, that feels better," is the first thing from her lips as Amalia regains lucidity, the shadows disappearing. "Is... is everyone okay? I don't know... everything was dark, and I thought I saw-"

Breaking off abruptly as the realization that she did not, in fact, see Kiada chokes into her throat, Amalia pulls away from Remi an attempt to spare him her grief. "Sorry. I need- I should fill my horn. And... get out of the water. Remi, why are we so wet?"

Ama feels better! And goes to fill her horn of plenty with water from the hotsprings

Type: Grey
Horn of Plenty | Truly magnificent to behold, this minotaur's horn is decorated with a simple amber stone. When filled with liquid, the horn will never run dry - so be careful what you choose to pour in!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Over mountains and forests and seas
Perhaps he was taking it all too seriously, but the laughter from Saiden stung. He tried to stay present in the moment, tried to let go of the burning sense of wrongness in his being here, tried to focus - and yet all he could see was Kia, Kia falling into flames, and he utterly unable to stop it.

He wasn't needed to help Ama, and that was probably for the better. He kept walking, kept an eye on her,  and did his best to navigate the tunnels - the falling rocks didn't seem to come near him, and for that he was silently grateful. They kept walking, the heat and humidity doing much to soak his clothes in sweat - but he kept walking, a quiet determination and whatever fitness he had managed to pick up in his time here keeping him going.

They arrive at the pools, and for a moment, he let himself be swept away by the beauty. Did she get to see this before..? he couldn't help the question, couldn't stop it, as he watched everyone else step forward and get to work.

"I'll have a look from above," he offered when the instructions were given, shifting and promptly taking flight, the humid, heavy air making it more difficult than normal to fly - but still, he managed well enough. 'I count five separate pools,' he supplied across the bond to all attuned in the vicinity assuming he rolls well enough to pull this off >_>. 'Do you think different pools will have different quality water?' Were they all one and the same? Would all of them help equally, or was it different water altogether to what those who came to the Climb were given?

--

Chuy has a few PTSD moments, then flies overhead to give a count on the pools to the attuned.
to go anywhere that I please
CHULANE
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
They all get to it, and Ronin lowers his nimbus to the ground so he can unload the barrels and the containers. Stepping to the spring’s edge, he starts to fill up with the water, though his eyes linger on Remi and Amalia as they approach the springs. There’s a splash and a great deal of flailing, but the Lullaby and the Shield seem unharmed; quite the opposite, in fact. Ronin lets himself relax, nodding to Chulane as he flies above and moving to continue with his work.

All are successful, in fact, in getting their receptacles full of water - all except Amalia, who trips and falls the moment she is set down. She receives nothing in her horn of plenty, but has gotten another dunking in the springs. Which is... nice.

”Five pools,” Ronin narrates for those who don’t have the Attuned bond, nodding up at where the eagle soars. ”Once we’re done, I’d say we’ve earned ourselves a break. Shall we get everything together?”

But first... Chuy does spot something else. Something hanging over the edge of one of the pools, just about. Glowing, white, ethereal... a lily.

Everyone is successful in getting water except for Amalia (who rolled terribly). Ronin suggests they stack their water containers in one place.

Chulane has found the following flora:

Rae’s Lilies (rare): Purest white and veined with turquoise and gold, these lilies may only be found along the edges of the Frey’s Breath hot springs. Rumoured to contain all the healing power of the springs and more, they are a mythical find indeed.

Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
You've been holding on a long time
And all this longing

It was good to hear Amalia speak more clearly, Morgan smiling to herself, not feeling comfortable enough to give spoken relief, but relieved all the same. It gave her hope that the sickness would be easily dealt with, once they had the water out of the Climb. ...While Amalia still did fall, well, it was early days. Hopefully she'd continue to recover.

"Five pools is more than enough for the sick I know of." She said with a nod, glad to hear that for once, it appeared there would be an abundance of something other than scarcity. Maybe when she went back the Citadel, she'd be able to take back a bottle for Neron..she paused, watching the water flow into the container. "Do we know if this cure will work for the Ascended? With it being...Frey's breath"?

That was a concern, but there was still water to gather for everyone else even if it was not a cure for the Voice's children. Standing she lifted the containers she had filled and lifted them, carrying them over to the collection.

--
Morgan asks if the water will work for Ascended, then takes her containers to be with everyone elses.

And the ships are left to rust
That's what the water gave us
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
saiden
Thankfully, Saiden managed to fill his container. He was about to get to work on the rest of his waterskins before placing them with the rest of their supplies. However, the sound and sight of Amalia falling drew his attention.

Laughing to himself, he made his way over to the demi-god. Walking up to her, he grinned. "Here. Why don't I help you with that?" Sheathing his cutlass, he took out an empty waterskin.

Then his brow furrowed with concentration. Stretching out his free hand, he used his magic to try and fill both his own receptacle and the horn that the Shield held with water from the nearest spring.

Saiden uses water magic to try and fill another waterskin and Amalia's horn.

Water manipulation: Can manipulate water. Must be within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again
With something to do, something to focus on, he is able to banish the images of the fallen from his mind, at least for a time. He relays what he can see, the pools stretching on into the cavern, admiring the view, sending a note of agreement through the bond to Ronin to confirm he heard the suggestion of a break.

But then something catches his sharp gaze, and he hones into it, tucking his wings in close to swoop speedily down and land beside the pool. 'Hey, there are flowers in here,' he beams across the bond, before shifting back to human form, and sliding into the pool.

He was almost distracted from the flower by the feeling of relaxation that came over him - his muscles seemed to loosen their hold on his bones, his mind falling into a comfortable quiet sense of contentedness. It was only a few moments, as he forced himself to focus, to hold onto that which his eagle eyes had beheld from their lofty view above.

He brought them back now, his human eyes shifting to that of the eagle's once more, as he leaned in close to the flower, hoping to gleam some insightful knowledge (hoping to make himself useful in some way). It was, in a word, stunning.

Chuy wasn't much of a flower's man, but he was also a vet once upon a time, and the shape of this flower resembled a lily - how many cat owners had he needed to warn against ever bringing one of these into the house, or even the garden?

He was torn, as to whether to pick it or not. From what he could see, there was only one, and he would curse himself if he were to be the cause of the blossom's extinction - on the other hand, what if the flower was a key, a part that could help unlock the combination lock this mystery illness had over them?

"We can only try," he responded in a loud voice across the way to Morgan. Perhaps the water directly would not work on the Ascended, but maybe if they fed on someone who had drunk it? Chulane hmmed to himself, before returning his focus to the flower in question.

Ultimately, he decided he would pick the flower, but he would do what he could to keep it alive. Lifting himself up and out of the pool, he made to fetch a container that could act as a vase, and fill it with water, that he might then use one of his throwing knives to cleanly cut the stem of the flower to bring home with them.

--

Chuy decides to try and pick the flower, to put into a container-made-vase.
but i still wake up, i still see your ghost
CHULANE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
wild in the silence; no way to make it right
"We're wet Amalia, because we're in water." The alchemist responds with a warm chuckle. The scratches she's left on his skin turn into bright red lines, but he hardly takes notice of them. A long time ago Remi was not the sort who could shrug off injuries in the manner he so now easily does. But with Amalia finally lucid in his arms, the slight pain is the farther thing from his mind.

Glancing over Morgan, her question one both he and Ronin had considered before, the Lullaby directs his gaze to Chulane with a slight tilt of his head. "I...would suggest more caution than that." He offers, releasing Amalia that she might go about filling her horn (not that she does, but oh well). "It could be that it is quite harmful to them. After all, why shouldn't it be, given the Old God's position when it comes to the ascended?"

Swallowing hard, he shifts his gaze slightly back to Morgan, shrugging softly. "It might be best to simply tell them what we know and what we've seen, but not at all suggest it will work the same for them. Or at least, I don't want that on my hands." Perhaps they would, and perhaps it would be fine. But unlike the apparent company he kept these days, Remi is no hero.

Remi says some stuff and gathers water.
THE ALCHEMIST
i’ve been chasin the storm of a lovesick lonely lie
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
this pair of wings worn and rusted from too many years by my side
"I don't remember getting into water," Amalia murmurs, her cheeks flaring with further embarrassment at her lapse in sanity. She attempts to fill her horn and hide her awkwardness in activity... and promptly slips, somehow managing to submerge herself and fully fail to get any water into the vessel.

Figures.

Sputtering as she emerges from the water, Amalia uses all her willpower to avoid looking up at the sound of Saiden's laugh. "Thank you," she mutters, looking down at the pool and desperately wishing she could melt away into it. The horn (hopefully) filled now, Amalia gathers her wits and Jyoti and rises out from the water, looking into the corridors that lead the way into the dark.

"We're... we're going to go explore. Look for clues. We'll be back soon." Dripping and unable to meet anyone's eyes, the Shield prepares to make a retreat and regather her wits and pride.

Ama hopes Saiden has filled the horn or will try to do it herself again, and says she's gonna go explore because she is too embarrassed to face anyone.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
It takes very little time to stack barrels, containers and water skins against the opening in the stone, ready for when they make their return trip from the Climb. Ronin stands for a moment, simply enjoying this - the glitter of the water and the way all of his friends are sane, and he’s about to contribute to the Ascended discussion when he catches the remark from Chulane across the springs.

”Flowers?” he echoes softly. Still, he ought not to be surprised, in a place rumoured to be created by Frey. Sitting on one of the more broad stones, he glances across to address Morgan and Remi. ”I think we should rest and regroup here for a little bit. Make sure we’re ready for the trip back. When we get home, it might be worth holding a meeting, so the sick can gather in one place and get some of this water. Who knows - maybe we can get more information when everyone is in their right minds?”

Congratulations! You have completed the PQ to get water from Frey’s Breath.

Chulane has obtained a very curious lily!
Amalia is successful in filling her Horn of Plenty with hot springs water.

Please feel free to leave a parting post if you like - this PQ will be archived in 48 hours. No need to narrate the group getting back to Halo and Torchline respectively; explore as you like!