we know very well who we are
Lena <3
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// down by the river i was drawn by your grace, into tempest of oblivion and to the lover's place
i was stuck in a puddle, full of tears and unwise, dark doings now i know, that we've paid unlike //
Her fingers drop down to the dragon once acceptance hits, a  name coming to mind as her fingers drift along smooth scales, cold and frigid at first before the combination of her body heat and warm hands from holding the tea start to warm up the creature. It gives Sera time to look over at Lena, to ask her question, to wait and see what her sibling has been up to.

And how are the creatures today?” She asks, a soft smile playing on her face. But it isn’t until her sibling asks her to join her if she goes back, and provided that it wasn’t dangerous she has no problems with it. She just can’t imagine how approving their father would be should something happen to the both of them. One? Sure. But both? That was asking for trouble.

She clears her throat, flashes a wide grin her sisters way. “Sure.” She agrees, because it’s easier than having to explain the train of thought. But once she had everything in order, containers to carry water from the springs and the blessing of Frey hopefully? It should be fine. It should be fine. At least, she hopes.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
In between the apprehension, the curiosity, and the potential, her eyes continued wandering back to the little dragon – with its prowess, with its skills, with its inherent ability hastened from within. What would they become, as a pair? Formidable? Strong? Enduring? A daydream to ponder over, beneath the eaves of the Celestine, amongst and amidst her flock of those who’d yet to reach their full capacity – but would, one day, with tenderness, love, comfort, healing, and time. “They’re well. I have a Cloud Wyrm currently on the mend, and several others coming in throughout the day. A couple hatchlings like your friend, though they’re oriented with fire.” A hum under her breath, to steady her nerves while waiting for her sibling’s response to the other tone of conversation. “Have you thought of a name?”

Lena thought nothing of the danger – truly. Perhaps it was ignorance. Perhaps it was ineptitude. Perhaps it was a token bravery, stalwart and steady, not unnerved by the hazards. The longing, the yearning, to explore beyond these walls, where she’d always been, where she’d always breathed, was an indulgent one. She wanted to see the animals in their natural habitat. She wanted to study their ways. And she wanted to know what everything was like, portals and all.

Was that too much, too foolish, too naïve?

She missed the contortions of reluctance within her sister – a bright beam of a smile flashing outwards again at the acceptance. “Excellent!” The excitement buzzed and hummed around her, pulsing from every motion she made, wiggling in her seat.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
// down by the river i was drawn by your grace, into tempest of oblivion and to the lover's place
i was stuck in a puddle, full of tears and unwise, dark doings now i know, that we've paid unlike //
Cloud wyrms and dragons are certainly something, and Sera smiles a far softer, more genuine one to her sibling as she hears her speak of them being on the mend. It was truly beautiful work to get to know so many varied creatures, even more awe inspiring to see them in action. “Leviathan.” She breathes in response to the question of a name, fingers running along pale opalescent scales while she tries to repeat what she’s feeling. “Levi.” She offers for a nickname, a knowing glance shot her sister’s way.

But then she’s agreeing, to bringing Lena along to the next adventure, all worries making way for the ease of this shift in conversation. “What do you think father will make of us going on adventures?” She murmurs with an amused glance, elbow sneaking out to nudge her sister’s side.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
A name; Leviathan, meant to be prosperous, magnificent, massive, and monstrous. She tilted her head, considering the child, the hatchling, with pearlescent scales and leathery wings, wondering at the potential, at the circumstances, at how and when and where he’d yield or shield to become such a thing. “Quite a name to live up to,” and she smiled, an encouraging bloom, no doubt they’d both equally come to measure in the light. “Levi,” she murmured and cooed in return, picking through her pockets to see if she still had some treats from the other dragons in her keep. A few remained, and she held them aloft for her sister to take, not yet reaching for herself – they required time, a bond to settle, a connection to forge.

At the elbow in her ribs though, Lena permitted a warm round of laughter to exude, to exalt. It was conjured out of amusement and not determination to rampage against tradition or what they’d always been taught – but the mere notion of something slightly subversive. “Maybe he’ll be proud.” A hope, a kindling of so many in the prosperous world, in the way things changed. “I want to see things. Experience things. Become a better Caretaker.” Her grin lifted again, and her eyes found Sera’s, a question nearly on her lips. Don’t you?
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
It is, isn’t it?” She murmurs back to her sister, before a chime of laughter slips from her throat and she shakes her head. The dragonling lifts his head as Lena mentions his chosen name, bright eyes watching as she reaches into a pocket, wings flaring slightly as the hand raises. But Sera knows what it is, sets the cup of tea down again, and takes a few of them from Lena to offer one by one to the little dragon.

He seems to calm under the attention, the scent of the treats hitting his senses. And then he snaps for it, Sera’s eyes growing wide as she chimes a bit of laughter, mentally telling the dragonling to calm down a bit. The next treat is far easier, he’s far kinder as he reaches for it, and Sera’s attention can return to her sister. “Maybe.” She considers, tongue clicking slightly as if she’s thinking long and hard about it.

Her gaze drifts over to Lena’s then, capturing her sister’s gaze. “I don’t think I’d mind seeing the architecture and designs of other places.” She agrees, tilting her head this way and that. “For research.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Her brows arched, raised, eyes widened when Levi opted to snap; purely instinct driven, designed to poise and strike, even moments after hatching. Sera didn’t seem to mind, and required no further aid, and Lena sat there with her mug in hand, shaking her head with light laughter. “What do you suppose his element will be?” She’d had her scores of fire, of ice, of lightning, each leather winged figure distinct in its calculations and prowess. Some of the enclosures had the marks to prove it.

Her sister’s admittance, of research, ensured the depths of Lena’s following smile were enriched by effervescence, elegant, airy, radiant; for she’d been thinking the same, and matching wiles in regards to the Magnus sisters would always be a sign of something magnificent. “Of course. How else would you be able to gain new insights? Or thoughts into your own designs?” An ethereal shrug followed, as if this was something necessary, and should’ve always come to pass. “I would like to see creatures in their natural habitats, so that I could provide more soothing places for them, if they ever needed the Celestine.”
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
She focuses hard on her companion, on the little pale dragon draped in her lap, nibbling away at the treat crumbs left behind. “I’m not sure.” She muses, quietly, gently as she debates whether or not he’d even show it now. With that in mind, she tries to ask him in that new space carved out of her mind, an attempt to see how much she could get across, how much the dragonling could understand.

And he looks straight at Lena, puffs a bit of air with far more force than a tiny dragon would be able to produce, though Lena would find it felt like a spring breeze out on the Celestine. There’s a huff of a laugh that leaves Sera with it, flashing her sibling a grin. “I’m going to have to guess air for that one.” She muses, returning her hand to stroke along the dragonling’s spine.

But the mention of venturing out, she flashes a small amused smile her sister’s way. “That’s a very kind thought.” She agrees. Creatures were living and breathing, and it was likely better to have an idea of how things were out there rather than in here. But only time would tell, she supposes. At present? She’s in Stormbreak and didn’t plan on leaving again until it became necessary.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
The reaction from little Levi was enough, and another round of light, warm laughter serenaded the room, on ethereal ethers from the Caretaker. “You’ll be a mighty gale someday,” she assured, the beam of her radiance echoing, pervading, persisting, towards the dragonling. Maybe a storm, maybe a tempest, maybe airy zephyrs and calm, composed winds, but in full depths, fathoms, and control of the sky itself. What a marvelous and magnificent thought – to contort powers in perfect unison. Lena hummed at the notion, searching for more treats in her pockets – extending them out for either her sibling or Levi to take (it would no secret that she’d love to encounter the beast for herself, but she could be patient).

Tender notions and nuances had been her lifestyle. Compassion granted, given, sometimes to an emboldened degree, but never overbearingly so. If the realms, the kingdoms, the sovereigns wanted it, she could provide, with little to no hesitation. “I think the worlds needs more of it. Kindness.” She wasn’t delicate, she wasn’t feeble; strong and soft, dulcet and mighty, and had no inclination about what would happen to her, once she struck out into the wild. It didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Lena only yearned to provide for those who needed the support.
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
The assurance from Lena is met with the flaring of wings, a makeshift pose taken by the dragonling as if that’s exactly what he planned on doing. Sera, on the other hand, is infinitely amused by it – watching the way the creature seems to focus intensely on Lena as she draws out the treats. And seeing as the bond is cementing between him and Sera, he has no qualms taking from Lena as he had from Sera before – a bit snappy, pale snout shoved into Lena’s palm with little crooning sounds of content as the treats are devoured.

Sera’s gaze drops to the dragon as Lena speaks, and a low hum leaves her throat in consideration before she nods slowly. “I think it does.” She agrees quietly, though she wasn’t really in a position for it. She was a builder, a designer, that was what she did. Sure, she could offer kindness in helping people fix their homes and rebuild, but other than that? She didn’t take care of lives, didn’t reach out to try and make things easier for those that didn’t ask.

Perhaps that was a flaw of hers, and a reason that Lena had accomplished so much more in empathy than she.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Levi displayed his pride, and Lena placed her cup of tea down momentarily for a light clap, praising and extending charitable bows and bobs of her head. Her other actions, the offering of treats, seemed to instill movement in her direction, and she generously remained still thereafter, permitting the taking of the food. She did arch her brow at the snapping, a gentle reminder through Attuned convictions to be considerate, before extending a few more. The temptation to pet and scratch curled there, but she resisted, knowing and understanding the dragon would have to be comfortable in her presence first.

One could argue that anyone could be in a position to afford and prosper kindness – no matter the occupation, no matter the stance, no matter where the chaos fell. Lena had always taken it upon herself to offer her abilities, her compassion, her tenderness, or her knowledge to those that needed it – without a second thought. It’d been instilled from day one, and she wasn’t any weaker for it. No one thought her delicate, feeble, or pathetic (or hadn’t told her to her face). The world became brighter, and better for those within its sanction; Stormbreak a haven for so many. But she said no more on the subject, figuring her statement had been enough. “Do you want to let him walk around a bit?” Strengthen up? Become mighty and tough, formidable and enduring?
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
The reprimand from the Caretaker has Levi grumbling a bit in his attempts to snatch more treats from Lena. And Sera watches with equal parts amusement and curiosity, watching the dragonling try to enact some pride, some power over Lena when he was still so very small in comparison to what he might have been had he not become her companion.

It’s all fun and games for the most part, until Levi seems satisfied enough and Sera is leaning forward, stretching out a bit to set her cup of tea down when Lena offers up an interesting question. “Sure.” And so she moves, picking up the dragonling and setting him in her lap as she slides down to sit on the floor beside the chair, leaning back against it and letting the dragon down to the floor – his legs splaying out on the wood flooring as he tries to grasp some purchase.

A puff of air shows his annoyance, wiggling around, feet slapping against the wood as he scoots himself down the edge of the floor.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
It made sense for a newborn, especially a clever hatchling, to try and stretch over potential boundaries. But Lena had far more experience in that regard, and arched a brow, tucking the treats away the moment Levi became demanding, striving for the edge in power and precision. He wouldn’t be granted it from her, and she bestowed a subtle, sly wink to Sera, before they maneuvered into new formations and places.

Mug set down, she too settled on the floor, a fair distance away, developing a sense of borderlines, partitions, and frontiers between all the furniture arranged, where Levi would be permitted to go and traverse and try wobbly legs. “There you go,” she murmured as he started – more of a scooting technique, tilting her head in close examination and study. This wasn’t any different from the multitude of other fledglings she’d seen – a simple work in development of limbs, coordination, and strength. But perhaps some motivation would suffice?

She retrieved one of the treats, placing it in her flattened palm, a silent encouragement to beckon him forward.
that kept so many warm
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
He can’t seem to find his footing here, looking exactly akin to that of a bearded dragon attempting to scamper across the floor. It ends up with a fair amount of slapping reptilian legs down onto the floor, sliding over and over again until the dragonling has made it maybe the equivalent of a few inches in his attempts to reach for the treats that Lena uses as an invitation.

His head lowers curiously, slapping a foot down on the edge of the floor, a loud thunk sound accompanying it before he’s trying to run forward again. Sera, unfortunately, can’t help the amused smile from her lips – watching and trying her best not to laugh at the way the dragon attempts to make it. So she readjusts, picking up Levi and moving toward the rug in the center of the room, setting him down so he’d at least stand a fighting chance.

The dragonling’s claws dig into the fabric of the rug and he bolts toward Lena, hard enough that his pale snout smacks against her hand, awaiting the offering of a treat for all his hard work.
Seraphina
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena didn’t laugh at his attempts – instilling a manner of pride, a light beam of a smile again, while he tried, while he strived, while he attempted. She wouldn’t giggle at mistakes made, for that was how one learned. She wouldn’t grant a malicious or snide glimmer, for things took time. Levi had made far more progress than humans did, at any rate, when first struggling to find their footing. The only thing she prospered was encouragement, a keep trying essence floating from the brim of her sanctity, blooming in her heart, in her mind. The dragon would receive the same justification she utilized for all – to at least endeavor into one’s trials. It was how any of them became stronger, got closer, advanced in their goals and aspirations. Perhaps fledglings didn’t have those similar aspects; but instinct, inherent, inborn traits, would drive them regardless.

To survival. To prowess.

Some readjustments were put in place, and then he was off, rapaciously seeking out her hand, the snout landing, and here she exuded radiance, an effervescent sheen to her grin. “Oh, very well done.” The dragon was rewarded with his promised treat, and a few extra morsels. Then she tossed a set towards Sera, in efforts to coax him back in his companion’s direction.
that kept so many warm