fire and fog
for Amaris
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
as I hold my soul all the music pours out
They were finally here; and while the residual heat oddly soothed Falke’s hip, the persistent ache of going too far was there, somewhere deep in his bone. October had told him how they’d found healing water in some hot springs, and while he wanted to go there (his hip especially wanted to go), there were yet other tunnels to explore. An old cathedral, a place of gemstones, a waterfall - and the scientist slash doctor that he is revels in the newness of it all, even if he is ill-suited to getting here.

The obsidian walls make him think immediately of Fire and Tanau, the floors and walls and everything else appearing treacherously smooth. Falke is a cautious man - he moves slowly from the mouth of the tunnel, taking care to find his footing and use his cane to keep his balance.

“What a place,” he murmurs into the air above them, trying to hold tightly to all his first impressions.

There’s an idea bubbling in his head, but it might take him awhile to get to where he can act on it.
THE 'FIXER'
the greatest fear I've ever kept is dying with regrets
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Tobi

"I know. I can hardly believe places like this exist." You absolutely can though, your imagination is not that poor. It's just that there isn't anything even remotely like this back home. "We really should circle back to the pools after though. Whatever healing magic the waters have, I'm sure your old bones could use it." Old, because you like to rub in the fact that Falke is one whole year older than you. Nevermind that he's a good deal more accomplished.

Given the heat and the fact that you've been here before, you're uncharacteristically just wearing a tank top and leggings. Normally you'd feel self-conscious and awkward about being in such tight clothes (as opposed to your scrubs), but you'd practically consider Falke like a brother, were he not also your superior.
Don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it b e t t e r

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
“Oh, I have every intention. That was a long walk.” Longer than he’d anticipated, certainly. It may seem like a throwaway comment, but for Falke it’s more of an admission. He’s hurting. He won’t say as much out loud, but he is. It won’t stop him from exploring, but it is in the back of his mind as he continues to gawk in awe. Wandering over to the obsidian basin, he reaches in to feel the smooth chill of it, perhaps looking for any long lost residue as a clue to what might have been in there.

And that’s what he’s hung up on, lost in thought, musing as he turns to look at the rest of the setup. “Tobi?” he calls, gaze going back to the basin. “What do you think of this? It’s obviously a vessel for something - I doubt anything is active now, and it would be a most atypical shrine - but I’m terribly curious what would happen if we put fire in it.” Quirking an eyebrow at Doctor Hart, he might look particularly impish right now, bold and curious and always needing to know.
THE 'FIXER'
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Tobi

Falke isn't one to wallow in pity, and certainly not one to expect others to bend to his needs. But you aren't others, and having been around the Fixer long enough, you're able to hear the subtle admissions of how he's actually doing in even the most minor things.  'Perfect. I could use some relaxation myself. My back is killing me.'

Not terribly interested in this place—it doesn't have any anatomy for you to analyze—your Mmmmm? of acknowledgement comes quite quickly. "For Tanau, I bet. Though fire for a deity of fire might be a bit on the nose...I wonder if instead it takes kindling? As a sort of..offering?" You bite the inside of your cheek, trying to recall if you'd heard anything from Finn or the other researchers. Though if you had, you've obviously not remembered much of it.

Smirking at Falke's rather roguish expression, you plant your hands on your hips and give him your best stare. "Well? Did you bring any matches?"
Don't make it bad

Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
“Did I bring matches? he retorts back with a roll of his eyes, because of course he brought matches in his prepper pack. What kind of doctor/scientist doesn't bring matches?! Scoffing loudly as if she’s just mortally insulted him by asking, Falke slowly makes his way back to the pack and opens a small front compartment, digging into it to undo another small zippered section. It’s stuck for a moment, but he does manage to pull his hand out, a small box of matches held triumphantly aloft.

“Got something to burn?” he asks before moving closer to the basin again, just in case he needs to go pack-diving again. If he has something suitable in there. Which, to be honest, he isn’t sure about.
THE 'FIXER'
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi

Okay, you are actually quite surprised by the sudden appearance of the matches. Covering your mouth as you laugh a bit too brightly, you shake your head, holding up your hands in a conciliatory gesture. "Alright, alright. Shame on me for ever having doubted you." You manage at last once your smile is under control.

"Well, I suppose I'd better after that little demonstration." You say, reaching into your own bag where you always have a pencil and a notebook. Tearing out a few pages, you crinkle them into balls before placing them onto the altar. "Do you know any magic words?" This is, of course, a scandelous thing to say, abandoned being what they are and all. But out here, without Cian or anyone else to tattle or look down on you, you're more than comfortable making a slightly off-brand joke.
Don't make it bad

Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
Falke is, as always, a gracious man and waves away the concession with that twinkle still in his eye. They’ve never traveled before, so she couldn’t possibly know his level of preparation someplace wild like the Climb.

He shakes out a match as Tobi tears out her pieces of paper and crumples them into balls, where they all roll together into the bottom of the basin. Seems good enough for him. Preparing to strike the match against the side of the box, Falke pauses dramatically while he wracks his brain for something suitably witty. A pithy phrase jumps to mind and he looks askance at her before sliding the combustibles together. “Let there be light,” the Fixer proclaims, and then places the tiny flame and its wooden wick on top of the paper balls, where they catch, and fire subsequently blooms.

Truly, he doesn’t expect anything. But as his gaze lifts to Doctor Hart, he can’t help but think that it would be super fucking cool if it did.

{Fin}
THE 'FIXER'