Training knock, knock, knocking on the glass
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Luciana
cause it makes me that much stronger
makes me work a little bit harder
Luciana hadn't actually made it far into Halo when she'd visited last. Despite the fact that she disliked the frozen land already, it was important for her to learn about the outside world. So, she bundled up and made her way to the capital of the region.

Pulling her furs closer around her, she made sure the hood was up and obscuring her features. Keeping one hand resting on her mace, she strolled through the streets, if they could even be called that. Every once in a while, she stopped at a stall and examined the goods on display. However, she would inevitably move on.

Turning a corner, she stumbled upon a training area. Eyes narrowing, she settled along the side, leaning against one of the walls. She watched the current combatants, who happened to both be Abandoned, throw spells at one another. Grimacing, she shook her head.

Noah
it makes me that much wiser
so thanks for making me a fighter
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
He found himself here often. All of the work he enjoyed doing, all the duties he held within his hands and his heart, were only strengthened by his time here. He stood along the wall, leaning and waiting with others as they watched the abandoned throw magic at each other. They seemed to be coming back to the training grounds rather than spending all of their time in within the walls of the academy. Without Zariah, it seemed, Jace had a hard time keeping students. It made sense -- Noah himself did not trust the man once held by Eirachi. How could he? He came back here to Halo with his mother, dead, across his shoulder....alas, it didn't matter. Noah pulled his thoughts back to himself.

A few more people came in and out, but a stranger piqued the hunter's interest. She settled nearest to him, watching the magic bounce back and forth. The Olson man watched her carefully, an eyebrow lifting finally as her hooded head shook.  "Not much for magic, then?' He asked, arms crossing over his broad chest as he leaned somewhat towards the stranger wrapped thickly in fur. He bounced his shoulder off the wall and took a step forward and to the side, standing partially before the woman and blocking her view to the Abandoned finishing their spar. "You prefer hand to hand? Weaponry?" He asked, glacier eyes bouncing down towards her beltline, then back up towards her hooded face.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Age: 48 | Height: 5'4'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Luciana
Luciana glanced over as the stranger spoke up. Grimacing, she shrugged, returning her attention to the bout. "Not a fan, no. It strikes me as unreliable. A crutch." Everything done by magic was tainted in her mind, but she wasn't dumb enough to admit that to someone she didn't know.

One of the mages landed a lucky spell: her opponent dropped to the ground, out cold. The winner whooped, before hurrying over to help her sparring partner out of the ring.

The craftswoman rolled her neck, throwing back her hood as she did. "I'm not much of a fighter, but yeah, when I do it's my fists or my weapons." She gestured at the now empty training area. "Care to find out for yourself?" Regardless of the man's response, she would step into the center, pulling her mace off her hip as she did.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
Noah gave the woman a once over as she spoke, ready to step into the ring when she asked. A smirk brightened his features for a moment as he followed her out onto the training floor. A few murmurs and chuckles sounded from the soldiers standing around who knew Noah. While they might not have sparred with the stranger, the hunter held no hesitation. She was not an enemy -- as far as he could tell -- and it was easy to see that this place was designed to practice skill. He knew others would step in if, for any reason, this woman decided to turn a friendly spar into a brawl.

He grabbed a spear from a stand on his way out and shed his outer layer before facing the woman in the middle of the arena. Noah lifted the spear and lowered his center of gravity, rolling evenly on his feet as he watched her. She held her mace like she knew how to wield it well, and part of him wished he had grabbed a shield along with the spear. At this point, it was too late, and at the risk of looking cowardice. Noah would not stand for that. He was an Olson. A hunter of the Halovian tundra -- that alone held bravery. He nodded to the stranger, and awaited her attack.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
When she saw the stranger shedding his cloak, Luciana did the same. Her clothes were thick and padded, entirely serviceable and the opposite of fashionable. perfect for the weather and for sparring. Holding the mace in a two-handed grip, she narrowed her eyes as she saw the opponent's spear.

He nodded, and she struck. Lunging forward, she swung her mace with just her right hand, snapping it out towards him. However, her goal was not anywhere on his body. Instead, she aimed for the haft of the spear itself. She was hoping to snap it in half, or break it a little bit, leaving him at a disadvantage right away.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
She was quick, Noah would give her that. She advanced towards him as soon as he gave a starting signal. He moved back, feet shuffling quickly along the cold stone floor. Her right hand extended her mace towards him and his spear. Quickly, Noah pulled his arms in and held the weapon against his body. Her mace barely missed them, swinging so close that he could feel the whoosh of air. He swallowed hard, blue eyes widening some. That was a dangerous weapon, and he did not plan on being maimed today. Rocking on his heels, Noah balanced himself again and struck out with his own attack.

The hunter swiftly let the right side of his body fade back and to the left, his left side staying planted. He angled himself and twisted his arm on his spear, lifting his right arm and his grip on the weapon. His left hand brought it back towards him, and he was sure to keep the point of the spear from cutting him. He swung upwards in an attempt to strike her on the bottom side of her right arm or in her abdomen.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Not wanting to let the man use his superior height and the superior reach of the spear, Luciana continued moving forward towards him as he danced back. Her blow fell just short and she scowled. As he brought the weapon up and around for a strike she stepped forward herself.

Trying to move inside his arc, she brought her right arm up to block the haft of his spear, still holding the mace with that hand. It hit her with bruising force and she grunted with pain. Quickly, she reached forward with her left hand.

Her goal was to grab the spear and jerk it forward, twisting the right side of her body as she did. If she was successful, she'd bring her left knee up towards his groin in a punishing blow.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
The woman was so quick. She followed him as he twisted his body and, although he landed a blow on her, she continued to press on. While she might not be much of a fighter in her words, it was apparent that she had some training. Good training, at that. Where was this stranger from? This  question and questions along the same vein rolled around in Noah's mind. His responses to the fight were near instinctual. He didn't have to think too hard--yet.

He was bigger, taller, bulkier than the mace-weilding stranger. He knew he could use this. He had grabbed the spear to help him counteract her swift movements and her ability to dart away from him, but it seemed she had no intent to do that. She grabbed onto the hunter's spear and his grip tightened immediately. She pulled, and a spark went off in his body. He let his body follow her pull, and he turned his hip and shoulder. Her knee came up, but Noah shoved all of his mass toward her. Her knee collided with his body just below his hip, causing him to grunt with the blunt force of it. Had he not turned, she would have hit her original target. Surely, there would be a bruise beneath. While the hunter shoved his way into her, he jutted his elbow towards her face.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Noah might've been bigger and taller and bulkier, but that didn't necessarily translate into stronger. And while he had leverage, Luciana had a lifetime of muscles built up at her forge. As her knee slammed into his hip rather than her intended target, she grimaced. Then there was an elbow flying towards her face.

She didn't have time to evade it entirely. Dropping his leg to the ground, she twisted her body. Ducking her head, tucking her chin, and raising her shoulder, she took the strike there. It hit with bone rattling force and the pain of it forced her to release his spear.

However, she still had a grip on her own weapon. So, grunting, she basically let the mace drop, adding her own mass to the blow. Her goal was to hit the man's knee or foot, or at least force him to back up so she could recover.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
His elbow swung down and he felt it connect with her body. Sparks flew up his arm and down his side at the force of connection with her body. He clenched his jaw with it, and quickly pulled his arm back away from her and down to protect his ribcage and abdomen, knowing leaving it open would give the woman too easy of a target.

Noah braced his weight back, but did not step away from the woman--a mistake. He could not react faster than gravity, but how he wished he could. Her mace slipped from her fingers and as the motion caught Noah's attention he tried to react, but he couldn't totally move away. He pulled his foot back, but the mace cracked down against his shin as he did so. The hunter hissed in pain and reeled back, pushed the blunt end of his spear towards the woman in an attempt to push her away from him and him away from her.

He created some distance between them as the pain throbbed in his leg, but not enough to be free of any attack from her. Knowing this, Noah took the spear in both hands and swung it towards her and up, hoping to strike her but not let her come too close to him.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
As Luciana's mace slammed into the man's shin, she grinned. However, in the commotion and because of his shove, she lost her grip on the weapon. The blunt end of his spear forced her back. Then he came in for another strike.

Weaponless, she was at a severe disadvantage. Twisting her body, she took the blow from him across her side. Pain bloomed as the bruising force hit her and she hissed at it. Her turning had been part of her own counter, though: although she was off balance and now hurt, her leg lashed out. She kicked for his injured shin, hoping to either force him back and away or, better yet, to prevent him from being able to put weight on it.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
Noah had managed a good thwack of his spear that he knew would draw the attention of other sparrers around them. He felt the connection of his spear and her body all the way up to his shoulders. Unlike the woman, he did not grin with the success of his strike. His shin throbbed beneath his own weight, and his elbow tingled still, and he knew there would be bruising along his body where the two had clashed. He knew he needed to end this, otherwise the two of them would be left bloody and bruised. He did not know this strange woman, but Noah could not afford to decimate his own body on this practice yard. He had duties to fulfill and tasks to accomplish.

She struck her leg out towards him and Noah tried to twist his body away and pull his leg out from her reach. The pain of the action, however, was too much. He was slowed down by the pain in his shin, and because of that, she was able to land her kick squarely where the mace had scraped before. Noah grunted and reacted in the only way he could -- he swung his spear again, this time harder than before.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Luciana Garcia
The Hammer

Change author:
Luciana
Luciana's kick connected, and she watched as her blow to the previously injured area caused the man to stagger. However, she didn't have time to celebrate or recover. The stranger swung his spear at her again. This time, not only did it hit with bruising force, it sent her sprawling to the ground.

Moaning, she rolled away from him, wincing as she pressed down on bruises. When she was a short distance away, she struggled to her feet, gathering her limbs beneath her. Swaying a bit as she stood, she inclined her head towards him. "Good match." Stalking towards where her mace had fallen in the commotion, she bent down to pick it up with a wince.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
when so many have died
He struck her, and she fell.

It only gave him time to regain his composure, and his balance.

The hunter brought the spear back to him, and used it to help balance his weight. There would be a limp -- small, but noticeable -- as he moved away from her, and of that he was certain. His body would ache in a way that would make him feel successful. Not from winning, as there was no competition, but merely from learning. Whether this woman could truly admit it or not, she was a good fighter, and Noah learned from her. He smiled, a gentle smile that would instantly take away any sense of hostility. "I'm Noah Olson, by the way." He mused, nodding his head to her in thanks.

then I'm willing to
wait for it