Dying with Decent Music
For Neron
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
engage with the pain as a motive, today of all days, see
The Kraai is empty, mostly. Somewhere, in the back of his head, Nate knows he and Sunjata aren't the only ones sheltered by the walls of the bar, but they are certainly the only ones in the back rooms. The ascended sits curled on one of the couches in the Advocates room, listening to the sounds outside the walls, imagining creeping fingers, trying to find a way into this sanctuary.

For a moment, or, perhaps longer, he sits, listens to sounds until he can't tell the difference between the ones that are real and the ones that aren't until they all blur together in his mind. Until he has to force himself to move, to wander out of the hidden door and into the bar proper, seeking out... something. He's not really sure. Something will make itself known to Nate, or it won't. Either way, it will soothe the frayed edges of his mind.

Once Nate's sure the bar is empty, he turns back, moving upstairs to seek out the things that might hide on the second floor. There's a strange sense of vertigo that grips him, at the top of the stairs, the hall stretching out before him, closed doors waiting like jagged teeth, but it fades away as he takes his first step, opens the closest door to reveal a bedroom, a man.

The face is familiar enough that Nate's first reaction isn't fear, but anger, a hand rising, reaching out, but strange enough that he stops himself, pulling back and staring, studying the things that aren't Loren. And if this face isn't Loren, it has to be "Neron?"
how the most dangerous thing is to love
how you will heal and you'll rise above
NATE
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
WISE MEN WONDER WHILE STRONG MEN DIE
”Halloooo.” Neron is lying flat on his back on the bed, an arm thrown dramatically over his eyes. He wonders why he can’t see the person who has called his name, briefly, then the arm slides away and he squints across the room to where a stranger stands. Well, a relative stranger anyway. Sure, he knows Nate by name if not by sight, and they’ve met technically in meetings held by the Wraith. But he’s pretty sure this is the first time they’ve exchanged words.

”Well don’t just stand there,” he mumbles, rolling over until he’s squashed against the wall where the bed is wedged. ”I was remembering what it was like to take a nap. Want to join me?” It was wonderful, while he was daydreaming it.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
”Oh thank god.” The words ride a relieved sigh, as the man in the bed confirms his identity, one fever bright eye struggling to find Neron’s. Though Nate doesn’t really know where to go from here. He hadn’t planned for what would happen if he actually found someone, let alone someone he’s supposed to know.

Usually, Nate is not one to respond well to orders, but this one is so tempting, so intriguing that before he even knows it, he stumbling into the room, door thrown closed behind him, and falling face first into the bed. His body fills every bit of space Neron has afforded him, and them some, an arm, a leg, thrown in the direction of the Launceleyn. ”This is... so nice.” The words are half mumbled into a pillow, Nate far too used to Sunjata’s ability to hear him no matter what to bother moving. Even on top of the blankets, the pair of them radiate heat that wraps around him. ”I can’t remember the last time I napped.”
NATE
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Which one?" Neron asks. If they're thanking gods, he wants to make sure they thank the right ones. Otherwise who knows what the fuck might go wrong here? Nate answers his question by coming to spreadeagle across the bed, which would be fine, but half that bed is currently occupied by the Hailstorm. With an arm and a leg thrown over him, the two Ascended find themselves in an unlikely embrace, and it's enough to have Neron giggling.

"Isn't it though?" He sighs out a content non-breath, his eyes slipping shut all over again. It does precisely nothing, but he can at least enjoy staring at the inside of his eyelids for a while. "Me neither. I swear though - I swear I used to dream," he mumbles. "And I used to sleep until noon. And I was a lawyer. Ugh." He's rambling now, but what's new at this point?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
”The good one, obviously.” Perhaps that’s not a fair answer, but it’s all Nate can manage until he's flopped and comfortable in the bed, wrapped halfway around a giggling Neron. ”Thank the one that made you you, not him.”

Letting his eyes slip closed makes this feel more authentic, more like a real nap. ”No, no.” Brows crash towards each other like out of control train cars, twisting the crevasse of scar tissue crossing his face. Words come on the heels of the accident, weakly defensive, but defensive nonetheless. ”Never dreamed. Was just... peace, and darkness.” Sleeping until noon is something else he can relate to, his hand lazily moving up along Nerons side to squeeze his shoulder, pat his cheek. Easier than wasting words, when he needs them so desperately lately. ”What kind of lawyer.”
NATE
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
"Not who?" Neron asks, already obviously having forgotten quite what they were talking about. Gods, probably? Good gods? Good gods, man! "Ohhh yeah, the Voice," he mumbles into the pillows (and possibly Nate's armpit, who knows by now). The sudden exclamations of no have him blinking his eyes open, gazing across at Nate and frowning like he's interrupting a perfectly good nap with his refusal to just dream like a normal person. Peace and darkness do sound very good around about now, though.

They lay there for a little while in the fever heat of swirling madness, and Neron sloppily snaps his teeth at the hand that comes to pat at his cheek. "Mm, defence," he slurs. "I got murderers off the hook most of the time. Just my last case that went south. Racism towards Bloodfiends, that's what it was," he mutters, though none of that will make remotely any sense to Nate.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
"Not you." Of all the vicious, stupid cycles Nate's circled around throughout the course of this illness, this one has to be the most irritating, and yet the one he's noticed the least, the one he'd be the happiest looping in ad nauseum. "My Voice." It's a clarification, a snappy claim, greedy fingers closing around everything he feels the slightest bit of ownership to.

Teeth snap at him, Nate's fingers flexing just out of range of Neron's teeth before his entire arm is stretching out, meaning to bring the other man in against his chest. He's a cuddler at the best of times, and now, with all of his inhibitions and impulse control melted away? Neron doesn't stand a chance. "My kind of lawyer then." Comes the hum, the amused purr.

No, they're tangled together until something forces Nate to move, more than likely Sunjata, coming to collect him.

Fin
NATE