An offering of thanks
Ray prays at a shrine for the first time in her life
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray had never been religious. She had always respected the gods, both old and new. But she had never aligned herself with one. And although she had visited some of the shrines before it was mostly in passing to sate her curiosity and not to pray. Today was different however and she had come to visit the shrine of The Wildwood. She had chosen this shrine because it was dedicated to The Old Gods and because her father had once brought her here so she knew the path. Ray carried her offerings in a small bag thrown over her shoulder. The first item within was a rather powerful healing elixir she had crafted herself after a few weeks of traveling to acquire the more rare ingredients, preparing the herbs, and finally brewing the medicine. It was her mother's secret recipe and had been used many times over the years to heal a variety of sicknesses and injuries. The second item within was a bundle of the leftover rarer medicinal plants that she had gathered for the elixir. And the last item in her bag was a tin of scones she had made. Her favorite kind crafted from seasonal berries and nuts.

Ray had no expectations or requests of the gods. Instead she simply felt that she needed to offer up her thanks. Due to Ludo's meddling, she had had the opportunity to meet and speak with the spirits of her deceases parents. And although she didn't know if it was truly them or simply a mirage, it had brought her much needed closure. Though she had a hunch it was an event that was not supposed to occur. Regardless she felt that it was right to leave some offerings at the shrine. Even if The Old Gods ignored them, at least they might help the next traveler.

Soon Ray reached the shrine. Taking a deep breath she stepped closer and carefully laid her offerings out on the alter. Taking a step back she knelt. "I don't know if anyone is listening but I felt it was only right that I came. I was able to talk with my parents who died years ago thanks to you. I never realized how much I had missed them or even that I still had yet to grieve. So I just wanted to come and thank you. Thank you for giving me that opportunity. Thank you for providing me closure. And thank you for letting me begin to grieve and heal. And so I offer you an elixir I crafted myself as well as the herbs required for its creation. I also offer you scones made by my own hands. They're not much I know, but I've always been a firm believer that gifts made by your own hands were more meaningful. I hope that they please you. Thank you."

Having said her piece Ray prepared to stand and leave.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

A warm breeze rustles through the statuettes of gods, whistling a haunting melody that makes you feel simultaneously nostalgic and relaxed. It ruffles your hair, smelling of cinnamon, and when it is gone the offerings you placed so carefully have vanished with it.
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray's eyes widened in shock. She had not been expecting a reply. But her offerings had been accepted and given the nostalgia and peace she now felt, she assumed that the gifts were appreciated. Or at the very least, mildly liked. Ray wasn't sure who or what had accepted the offerings however. What deity or spirit was associated with cinnamon? Regardless, Ray had said her piece and given her thanks. She stood up and dusted off her pants. Giving one last bow to the alter she stood up. "Thank you." Ray said once more and took her leave from the shrine .

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus