(open) light shinin' in the westward wind
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
A little bribery goes a long way - either that or it’s been forever since the lighthouse keeper’s seen a good pair’a tits. Don’t really matter why it worked, just that it did, right? There’s a big ‘ol storm rollin in’ from the Arclight an’ as the winds really begin to get goin, I’m climbin’ the Lighthouse stairs to reach the big ‘ol magical light.

There’s another ladder an’ a hatch, which gets me up to the roof. I’ve finagled a contraption that should keep the now-dagger horn attached to the roof, yet stickin’ straight up so as to attract lightnin’. Like Deimos’s rod but not. Once it’s secure, I climb back down an’ settle myself in to the glass enclosure, back to the magical light - don’t wanna be blinded, ya know? There’s nothin’ to do now but wait an’ see if the storm delivers.

I’m a silhouette against the light, if anyone’s lookin. It feels weird, knowin’ anyone could see me, but also kinda empowerin’ cause only an idiot’s goin’ out in this squall to investigate. Feels like my little secret.
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
After recovering his wits (mostly), Amun had wanted to escape from the Hollowed Ground for a bit to clear his mind. So he ducked through the portal and then on to Torchline. Meandering his way along the coast, he spotted the storm clouds on the horizon. Frowning, he ordered Zhanshi to dive deep. The landshark obliged.

Then the potter headed for the nearest shelter, which happened to be the Aumakua. There was something odd about the shadows it was casting, as if something was blocking the light. The lighthouse keeper was conveniently out of sight, so the potter ducked inside.

Making his way up to the top, he saw the source of the silhouette. Grinning at the woman who he'd last seen in monsoon season, he winked at her. "Now who's the one playing around in storms?"

Peering past her, he chuckled when he saw her set up with the lightning rod. "I had to capture lightning once. So I approve. But I might have a slightly easier and safer way to do it, if you're interested." He wiggled his fingers at her.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
“You again?” I’m visibly surprised to see the Ascended again - well, not because he’s Ascended (even though I vaguely know the drama about them an’ the sickness) - but because I know he ain’t a Torcher, so why would ‘e be out here in the middle’a this kind’a storm?

The question is probably written clear as day across my face, tryin’ to piece his presence together whilst keepin’ an eye on the storm above. I tune out for a second to try an’ listen - but no big booms yet. It must be gatherin’ offshore before it moves it. Anyway, ‘is offer (is it an offer?) takes a moment to register, but when it does, I’m filled with both relief an’ slight suspicion.

“Is it another one'a your upgrades?” I ask with a chin nod to ‘is wiggling fingers. Seems to be a universal sign for abilities.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Grinning at Raza's response, Amun nodded. "Me again." Batting his eyelashes at her, he pouted in an over the top manner. "Why it almost sounds like you're disappointed to see me." Laughing, his expression switched back to his typical smirk.

He did not answer the unspoken question so clearly lurking on her features. If she wanted to know, she would have to ask. However, he did nod at her question. "Yes it is. Depending on what, exactly, you're trying to do I might be able to give you hand." He winked. Putting his hands on his hips he raised an eyebrow at her, asking his own unspoken question of whether she'd take him up on his offer or not.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
I snort, amused. “Surprised, more like.” The correction ain’t harsh, an’ I try to make it less disappointed than before with a shrug. “You ain’t a Torcher, so yeah, I’m surprised to see ya again so soon.” Like, didn’t he have a home elsewhere, a portal to go back through, or somethin’ important to do? Tourism for tourism’s sake hasn’t reached me as a thing yet, or even somethin’ I really like, even if it’ll make me more money.

After considerin’ ‘im for a moment, I nod decisively. “Okay. I’ll bite.” Ha, get it, cause he’s Ascended an’ all?!

“What’s your other upgrade do? Somethin’ to do with lightnin’, I supposes?” He’s basically said as much, I’m just curious how it’d work if it ain’t magic.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun grinned at Raza's surprise. Leaning against a wall, he waved a hand in the air. "I've got business in the area." Pausing, he added, "Plus I was a sailor once, and you never really stop loving the sea." He glanced out at the stormy water, smiling down at it as it roiled.

Then he looked back at her. "Mostly I needed to see who the damn fool seeking higher ground in a storm was. Some people might get in into their heads that person needed rescuing." He put his hand on his heart. "Not me though." Although he shook his head at her, his eyes sparkled.

Chuckling dutifully at her joke, he rubbed his hands together. "Something like that," he agreed. Then he raised both palms. Brow furrowed in concentration, electricity crackled from them. It darted forward to strike the horn from the sea panther. Dusting off his hands, he turned to raise an eyebrow at the woman. "Will that do?" If not, he had something else up his sleeve, but he was unwilling to give that away for free.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
“Gods if that ain’t the truth,” I say with a knowin’ nod, personally acquainted with no less than a dozen’a those types’a folks. “The sea’s a more enticin’ mistress than the sweetest whore.” Not for me, though. I love the ocean the way you love a close family member - always happy to see it, but there are things I don’t want to know about it, things I don’t want to do with it, an’ I won’t die for it. The open sea is… too much. Too unpredictable, too vast, too deep.

An’ though he makes a joke at my expense, I just raise my brows. Oh, I see you, Amun.

I see you, an’ I appreciate the effort. Watchin’ the lightnin’ strike the horn, I have to laugh a little. “Hope so. Will see what Ludo says. Guess that makes your debt repaid.” Tossin’ ‘im one’a his own winks, I mean it’s as simple as that. Tit for tat, even if it’s imagined tit.
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun chuckled at Raza's response. Grinning, he nodded at her assesment. Then a thought struck him and his eyes twinkled. "True, but don't get me wrong I enjoy a good whore as much as the next man." Just because he was an Ascended didn't mean he couldn't appreciate the aesthetics. And maybe take a bite.

As she declared that he'd repaid the favor he owed her he saluted lazily. "Pleasure doing business with you. If you need me again, let me know." He turned to head down the stairs, whistling as he did. Unless she needed him for something else, he'd head out for the walk he'd been set on, storm be damned.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Maybe there’s something about electrical energy, but as I turn again to look up at the horn, lightning falls out of the sky and hits the horn again. I duck my head outta habit, missin’ Amun’s reply in the flash an’ the booms of the weather. I do manage to catch the second bit, though, an’ nod in a yeah, yeah, sorta way - I didn’t need him for this, but it was useful. I don’t know if I’ll need him again, but it’s always nice to know favors are open for trade.

I just return the salute and let ‘im get on his way - wherever that way may be - before openin’ the hatch on the lighthouse to poke my head out in the weather an’ try to wrestle the horn back in before it gets shocked to smithereens (whether or not this is possible, I don’t know, but it seems like it may be), or I get my own lanky limbs ‘lectrocuted by accident.

{Fin}
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!