(se) for so many years I've used the darkness to feel (open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Narrowing his eyes when Wessex declared that it did matter, Loren bit his lip. He didn't think it would, figured she was just saying that for form's sake, but he wasn't going to comment on it. Instead, he just shrugged when she explained that everyone screwed up.

Running a hand through his hair, he nodded at her analysis of Frey. "They don't tend to lie to me, just...not tell me things. But you're right and I'll go to a more reliable source of information in the future." He raised his eyebrows, wondering if she'd be satisfied with that.

When she mentioned wanting to end miscommunication and misunderstandings his lips parted. Rubbing his palm up and down his thigh he frowned. "I didn't believe you because you were sick, not because I don't believe you in general." Pausing, he added, "Besides, I wasn't in my right mind when we met either." His lips twitched with amusement, though it didn't reach his eyes.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
Hearing him agree with him and then that kind of clarification takes Wessex slightly aback. She is satisfied, at least on one account.

They were both sick. That she remembers. And the fighting. “Mmmm. Yes. Sorry for attacking you.” That wasn’t a good way to get what she wanted (at least not from him) and logical her knows it, so the Wraith just looks back on sick her with a shake of her head. Like the Blight, that happened. People were bizarre and did shit. Move on.

“Okay. Thanks for that clarification.” And now, she thinks, she really is done. There isn’t anything else pressing on her mind and if similar problems arise later, well… she’ll deal with it then.

“I’m good.” Done with interrogation and lecturing. He is no longer her prisoner, unless he wants to go back to the Voice’s shrine.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren waved away Wessex's apology. "I can't blame anyone for their actions when they weren't in their right mind." Looking down, he sighed and rubbed his palm up and down his thigh. Unfortunately, he had no such excuse for his recent decisions.

"You're welcome." He glanced up at her, nodding when she declared that she was finished. Glancing back in the direction of the shrine, he sighed under his breath. Then he inclined his head to the Wraith.

Making his way past her, he didn't spare her a backwards glance. Astra bleated and then trotted to catch up with him. He wound his fingers in her fur, taking the comfort she offered by her very presence.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
After Loren leaves, Wessex pushes herself up from the ground and dusts herself off. Traipsing back down the Underground’s dark tunnels, she eventually comes to the Voice’s shrine, a familiar, beloved place. Loren’s hunk of quartz glitters in her night-vision and it takes a bit of restraint not to move it - but the gift isn’t for her, it’s for her Lady, and as far as the Wraith is concerned, her Lady deserves all the praise right now.

The Queen sets her own gift (which feels weird, because the Voice has never wanted gifts from her before) against the base of the altar, chuckling to herself. Maybe she can make some kind of jewelry from it, if goddesses even wear ‘real’ jewelry. Well, Safrin does, but Safrin is also vain as fuck, so. Placing a hand on the statue, Wessex smiles and bows her head. “Thank you for showing what you can do for everyone. It’ll really help.”

Help her and help her children. And there is still so much to do.

{Fin}