Personal Quest A Muscle the Size of your Fist
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
“Sorry, no water magic here,” Wessex says with a slight shrug in response to Arialla’s request. “The best I can do is having our shadows help.” Gesturing to her own useful counterpart, who is on its way to grab the mop and bucket, she offers the young woman a look that quite clearly means just say the word and her shadow can be a helpful little minion too. Before now, she’s always done cleanup the good ol’ fashioned way, by putting a little bit of elbow grease into it. Which she does now, with her shadow spilling the water where needed and the Wraith leaning hard on the mop. Hopefully it’s enough to make some sort of progress on the mess of the floor.

The truth is that there’s a kind of meditation in this work; the swish of the water, the movement of the mopping, getting more water. It’s predictable and that’s… nice.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Things seem to finally settle a bit, their work bearing fruit. Well, most of their work at least.

Nate and Sunjata together are the most suited to finding a load of replacement lumber, a task that takes longer than it seems like it ought to. A fact that is helped in no small measure by the short detour they take, so Nate can steal a bite, a shift, and spare his husband the effort of leading a newly filled cart.

Left to her own devices, Vai has nothing but trouble, the hole in the wall at the awkward kind of height that's too high above her head to be reached easily, but so close to the ceiling that anything that might raise her up to better fix it would leave her bent awkwardly. No matter what she tries, luck is not on her side, a handful of relatively minute mishaps culminating in her hammer being dropped into the wall, landing with a distinct, if somewhat muffled, clunk.  

In stark comparison, Wessex and Arialla clean the floor almost easily now, water and elbow grease working absolute wonders. The demi-gods animate shadow lends no small amount of help as well, the task finished that much faster if Arialla agrees to put her shadow to work as well. With the grease lifted, painted tiles are revealed, white, with swirling floral designs. A few are cracked, but the majority of them are in fine condition.

It's quite the sight to come back to, spiralling horns still bursting from Nate's forehead when he steps into the building again, and looks around. "This looks amazing." He exclaims, a wide smile spreading over his face. "Not to keep handing the busy work off to you, but the walls could use a fresh coat of paint too." Both women are offered his most winning smile, before he turns to start carrying in the replacement wood, ready to get back to the framing, now that they can.

Only then does Nate notice the trouble Vai seems to be having, pausing his task once again so he can check on her, a hand on her shoulder preceding his words. "Do you want to help Jata, leave this to me?" It's a soft offer, meant to free Vai from the trouble of just kicking a hole in the wall to fix the myriad of problems.

Things went better this round! Go team!

Round 3!

Replacement wood makes it's way to the building successfully, the floors are cleaned, and work can begin anew on the framing and walls.

Nate has requested that Wessex and Arialla paint the walls, there are a few cool shades available, and they are free to decide on their own what colour to paint.

Sunjata is left to start working on the frames again, and Nate offers to work on the hole in the wall in place of Vervain, so she can help Sunjata instead.
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
there was a moment, a hole opened in the sky
a chance to join that pantheon
It’s a bit amusing, if Sunjata’s being honest. A quick detour and eventually they’re returning with a cart of new lumber, one that should work effortlessly in framing like they’d originally planned. Of course, he can’t help but to reach up and tug at one of the horns still laced around Nate’s head, a crooked smile of amusement on his face before he continues to drag the boards in. He lets Nate go and inspect everyone’s work, focused on his task, nails hanging from his lips and a hammer in hand, nailing a few boards into place.

He glances back toward Vai as Nate’s words reach him, choosing to work on the framing for the higher end so that way if Vai does decide to join him, she wouldn’t have to worry about that part at all. “Could use some help here on the lower edge.” It’s muffled as it leaves his lips, trying not to drop the nails he still keeps there, before hammering another board into place.

Sunjata gets back to work on the framing, reinforcing the top half so that way Vai can take care of the lower half if she joins him!
for all the times they never heard your battlecry
now be an angel, sing along
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

One has to laugh, because otherwise one really will be putting their foot through the wall. Vai is glaring down into the place where she's dropped the hammer, and it's with a grumble and an effort of will that she uses her magic to whip it back up and into her hands. And even then she fumbles a bit, grinning to Nate as he finally comes to her rescue. "I don't know what you mean - it's practically finished." She gestures to the hole in the wall that is still absolutely a hole.

Squeezing his shoulder, her smile turning a bit sheepish, she whispers her thanks and hops down to go and help Sunjata instead. "Don't step on me, legs," she warns him. "My luck so far means I'll probably end up tripping you somehow, so be aware." Still, taking up some nails and the hammer she's retrieved, Vai tries her best with the bottom of the frame.

Vai snags the hammer she dropped with her air magic, and wisely goes to get in the way help Sunjata with the frames.
vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:

Arialla

Arialla happily gave Wessex the nod to let her shadow help too -- it did almost distract her, the wonder of watching her shadow move on its own and take up tools, but she still managed to do a good job. She smiled down at the tiles thus revealed, considering their beauty a nice little bonus for their hard work.

"I think we can manage that," Arialla said, glancing at Wessex for confirmation, since she didn't want to speak over the other woman. "Maybe a nice pale blue?"

The blue of sea and sky, the blue of Torchline -- unless Wessex disagreed, Arialla would pick up a bucket and a brush and start painting. Oh, and: "If my shadow can help further, feel free to keep animating it."

-----------

Arialla says yes to Wessex's offer to animate her shadow and nominates blue as the color to paint the walls! Unless Wessex disagrees, she'll get started. And she's given permission for Wessex to continue to animate her shadow.

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Their work is indeed satisfying, and if Wessex could sweat, she probably would be. When Nate comes to them with the next task, the Wraith is still agreeable and nods to confirm Arialla’s statement. They’re up for it. However when it’s just the two of them again, she chuckles and shrugs. “I’m no decorator. Whatever shade you think is best is just fine with me.” And if it’s that pale blue she holds in her hand, then great - on they go.

As for their shadows - it makes Wessex pause. “I’m not sure how good they’ll be at detail work, so perhaps they can get the big open areas and we can do the doorframes, windows, etcetera.” Mmmm, yes, that’s a good decision. If she succeeds in controlling the shadows well enough, they’ll be a nice little efficient quartet.
------------

Wessex agrees with whatever color Arialla chooses and then gets their shadows to do the big areas while the humans do the detail work.

{omg, SO sorry for the delay}
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
Now that they've had their crisis', things finally begin to happen smoothly. Perhaps it's the shuffling of tasks, though it's not as if any of them really move around too much. Nate works on a patch for the wall, whatever bad luck that had been plaguing Vai not seeming to affect him. Before long, the hole is a needs-to-be-painted-over memory, and Nate moves on to help with the rest of the framing, fitting boards to the wooden skeleton to make the extra room an actual room.

Sunjata and Vai, for their part, manage to make an excellent team, now that they're in the swing of things. Between the attuneds frankly offensive height, and the witch's can-do attitude, the wood takes shape almost easily. Almost too easily. At least this time when disaster strikes, it's minor, a board clattering to the ground with a resounding snap that echoes around the building. More than likely, each assumed the other had it and left it to wobble alone, unsupported.

The shadows make quick work of the larger portions of the wall, blue paint spreading out and adding some brightness to the room. Though perhaps their success is due in part to their single-minded persistence. Their owners are less effective, surprisingly enough, or perhaps the paint, like most everything else Nate has procured, just isn't that good. It takes more than one (or two or three or five) coats to get good coverage, and even then there are spots where it runs.

Once again, Nate steps back, looking over the work they've accomplished and considering. With the fresh coat of paint, the clean floor, and the almost complete new room, it looks... functional. Far better than he could have done on his own. "This is... perfect. We're almost done. Uh, the door needs to be put in here," he gestures to the room, a void where the door will go, the door itself still outside.  "This wall needs to be painted too, but I can do that if you guys want a break. If someone could pull down the old curtains too, that would be great. Probably... should have started with that one." Ah well, hindsight was twenty-twenty.

"Oh! I think it would be nice to have the name on the wall too, right when you walk in." Nate gestures loosely at a wall opposite the front doors. "I've put some thought into it, and I think the Wren Society sounds nice." And it did, though that didn't stop Nate from glancing around, daring someone to say something about it with a grin on his face. "If you want to join up once we're done, just stick around a bit longer, so I can get names."

Round 4~

1. The new wall needs to be painted (a 2 person job, there's still quite a bit of wall)
2. The door needs to go in
3. The old curtains need to come down
4. The Society Name needs to be painted on the wall

Spread out to whatever task you like, Nate will fill in what's left!

Please indicate if your character would like to stick around and join the Wren Society, or if they are content to simply help and leave! I'll post one last time once everyone is in to wrap up :)
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

"Ooooops," Vai trills at the board that drops to the ground, too absorbed in the fact that she and Sunjata actually seem to be making some progress to actually be too upset with it. They finish the wall together and she steps back to admire it, glancing over her shoulder at Nate. "The Wren Society," she agrees with a decisive nod. "I like it. You can count on me joining when this is all done - I promise I'm a lot better at that than I am at this."

Still, there's a few things left to do, and Vai is reasonably sure she's more suited to painting walls than to building them. So she grabs a pot of paint and a brush, goes where directed, and gets herself to work! There's something about the task that's so honest and ordinary, that after the excitement of their lives merely existing in Torchline, it's a nice break.

Vai helps to paint walls!
vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
there was a moment, a hole opened in the sky
a chance to join that pantheon
Noted.” He replies easily before they set back to work. They do a fair amount between the two of them – bullshitting in the meantime, focused enough to miss the board as it clatters to the floor and Sunjata barks out a bit of a surprised laugh, having not expected the echo of it to rattle around his head. But he remains quiet until Nate’s speaking and he’s wiping a bit of the sawdust from his hands from the beams they’d put into the wall, and his steel gaze casts over to his husband.

He watches Vai pick the painting, and he slips over toward the entrance where the door sits just outside. “I’ve got the door.” He rumbles, before grabbing it and coming back inside, flashing Nate an easy grin. “And I suppose I could be of some use to your Society.” He’d have to learn. A lot. But that wasn’t impossible, really. He’d have plenty of chances to figure it out, he’s sure.

Sunjata picks the door and offers to sign up as well!
for all the times they never heard your battlecry
now be an angel, sing along
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
It’s a bit of a struggle, but the 3 of them (that’s two real people and two half people) do eventually get a nice coat of paint on the walls. Or so Wessex thinks; again, she is a do-er, not a critique-er when it comes to arts and making things look nice.

Laying the brush down into a drip pan, the Wraith steps back and looks at everything that needs to be done, and as Sunjata and Vervain pick their tasks, she shrugs and points to the wall with her thumb. “Didn’t fail miserably at this, so I might as well continue.” It may not be the best reason to pick a task, but it was good enough for her. She couldn’t speak for Arialla, of course, but the demigod does take a quick look to the redhead to see what she opts to do. No hard feelings if she wants to try something else.

Picking up the brush again, she directs her shadow to work as it did before - with them on the large parts, and her own on the details.
----------------

Wessex and her shadow keep on painting.
Arialla Calimeris

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:

Arialla

"The Wren Society ... That sounds nice. I'm definitely interested in joining. I like helping people." Arialla smiled, then took a look at the remaining tasks. She could continue painting, but it seemed like Vervain and Wessex had that covered. "I'll grab the curtains."

Though Arialla immediately ran into a slight problem, which was her own height. She wasn't tall enough to reach the curtain fastenings. Casting about for something to stand on, she found a stepladder that didn't seem too wobbly and got to work. It took her a moment to figure out how the curtains were fastened -- she supposed she could have cut them down, but that seemed like a waste of good curtains, not to mention that Nate might want to put up more later.

---------

Arialla has the curtains!

please don't take my sunshine away

coding base by Skylark
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
While Nate fetches a book to record those who want to join, everyone gets to work. The last push is well underway, with only the name left to put on the wall. While Nate didn't consider himself an artist, something felt right about painting it himself. It brought a smile to his lips as he chose a deep dark blue to stand out against the light walls, found a finer brush in among the pile he'd brought. His penmanship might not be neat, but at least his hand was steady, The Wren Society painted in bold strokes.

Around the building, other tasks were completed without fanfare, without disaster striking them again. Walls were painted, the door was plumb, and the stepstool held firm as curtains came down. By the time all had finished, the sun had dipped below the line of the horizon, and Nate clapped his hands together, a bright grin on his face.

"Thank you all so much. We did it!" His arms spread out to gesture at the transformed room, marvelling at what many hands and a few hours could do. "As an extra way to show my appreciation, I've got drinks and snacks waiting at the Slagveld." Nate's arm finds it's way around Sunjata, ensuring they bring up the rear as people leave, either to head next door, or to their own devices.

Fin!

Thank you all so much! I'll put an update in Character Updates noting those who were interested in joining!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3