[se] see it for myself
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he had eyes like rain & hair like waves
& a soul as vast and deep as the ocean
"I'm sure you will." The alchemist concedes easily enough. For as large as the world was, everyone always seemed to bump into each other often enough unless intentional distance was maintained.

"Devout is one word for it." Remi says with a nod. Racist being another. "Helping to eradicate you lot, I think is the long and short of it." He adds with a sigh, his expression hard as he shakes his head. "The ascended being abominations, bringing about the end of the world and all that." Remi wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to visit the place and be able to appreciate the land for what it was, aside from the people who lived there and what their goals were. He'd likely see soon enough though.

As Sam fails to meet his eyes, fingers digging into the stone of the wall, Remi just silently nods. If he reached out, he'd be able to simply know all that was on the bookmaker's mind; it was a terrifying thought, and in response, he shoves his hands deep into his pockets. "I see. Will you go back to your old house? Your shop?"
THE LULLABY
& i guess i didn't mind  d r o w n i n g  in him.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Sam smiled, the promise that he might meet Remi's son symbolic to him of how far their relationship had come since it had hit absolute rock bottom on the Ahi coast; while where they were now was not what he'd once dreamt of, it was better than he could have imagined a couple of seasons ago, and it was enough.

He'd always found Remi's opinions on Old and New, the Ascended and the Demi Gods fascinating; the man was a servant of Ludo, honoured by the Old Gods, yet seemed unwilling to agree with them with many issues, never truly sticking to his alignment. Sam nodded grimly, hearing what he had thought of the Order confirmed. "Do you...think they'll get anywhere with that goal?" He asked carefully.

Relieved that Remi did not push further into his problems, he nodded with a sigh. "Nowhere else to go. It's familiar, at least, and I've missed working on my books. No one took the house while I was gone, and the shop is basically as I left it...just dustier." He wrinkled his nose, never having been fond of cleaning. "Making an entirely fresh start is hard...Outlanders have my respect."

Wait all your life to see what you see
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"To be honest, I have no idea." Finding something in his pocket—or perhaps conjuring a feather as he is often wont to do—the alchemist fidgets slightly. "They have more knowledge about this world than anyone else I've met. And ... the ones I've met are all accepted, so they have the gods on their side." The ascended obviously had the Voice on their side, but would it be enough? Remi had no idea.

Listening earnestly as Sam explains, Remi's quiet expression breaks into a smile that surprises even him. "Well, we didn't have much choice. I think had the portal remained open, many of us would have just...gone back." Just like Sam was doing. There was nothing so brave about them all, not when you considered they were forced into it.
THE LULLABY
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
"Oh." While Sam appreciated Remi's honesty, it was not the most encouraging answer. While he believed the Voice was more powerful that he could know, in terms of numbers, the Old Gods easily had the Ascended beaten, and if the Order had more knowledge of the world than anyone else, that gave them a clear advantage. "If...they did try to harm all the Ascended, and the Old Gods agreed with it, would you..."?

He couldn't quite ask the full question, but he was sure Remi would understand what he was asking.

Sam supposed the Outlanders had indeed been forced into their predicament, but many of them had still handled it much better than Sam would have done. "From what you told me of your old World though, it didn't sound like a good place to live. You said you were forbidden from loving who you wanted to." While Sam didn't have much luck with love in Caido (really, none at all) he did at least have the ability to be with whoever he chose.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Sam didn't need to say it all in order for Remi to know what it was the bookmaker was asking. But it wasn't the type of thing which could be so quickly answered, not for the Lullaby anyway, and so for a thoughtful moment, Remi just gives Sam a solemn look. 'Once I would have immediately said no, that I couldn't be part of something like that. That I wasn't capable of it." Squinting slightly, as if seeing the former iteration of himself in his minds-eye, Remi smiles a touch sadly. "But we both know that I am not that man anymore, and that I am capable of it." fidgeting more with whatever it was in his pocket to keep his fingers busy, Remi tugs in a breath. "I'm not entirely convinced the Voice is as evil as everyone makes her out to be. If she is though, I think I would stand against her. If that means the end of all of you, though?" He pauses, meeting Sam's gaze solemnly. "I don't know."

Not the most reassuring answer perhaps, but the truest one the alchemist had to offer.

'Yes, among other things.' Northaven was cruel in all sorts of ways, its rigid gender expectations not being the worst of them.
THE LULLABY
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
Remi's answer was many things, but it was indeed honest. Sam wasn't sure if he found it comforting or not, that Remi could not truly stand on one side or the other. If he had sworn loyalty to the Old Gods, Sam would have at least known to avoid him; that he was split on the issue showed intelligence and nuance, but also made it harder to know what to do.

No one had ever asked him the question from the other way around, but he knew he wouldn't be able to hurt non-Ascended simply for who they were, if it came to that. "Well...thank you for not being eager to murder us. Unfortunately that's...not an uncommon thing, I'm finding."

With that said, Remi had a baby to get to and Sam had a lot to think about, a shop and a life to rebuild. He bid the man farewell, unsure when the next time they would see each other would be, but hoping it would be under nicer circumstances than this.

{FIN}