icy cold magma
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Let's decide to be the architects, the masters of our fate
While Noah was still not sure where his thoughts on the Firebrand stood, or his position in the world, when he offered to venture towards the new land with the hunter, he obliged. Noah wanted to believe that, within Loren's heart, he was a good man. After all, Weaver had chosen him and loved him--and Noah trusted Weaver with every ounce of who he was. Even months after her death, Noah still clung to that trust in her. So, he followed at Loren's side in his lynx form through the frozen sea and towards the place that Noah knew only two things about: Tanau lived there, and the sickness originated from it.

Still, he needed to see it all for himself.

The icy cold that hardly phased his lynx for started to dissipate. They moved towards the land where fire reigned and Noah could feel the shift. He opened his mouth to pant as they moved forward, the heat clinging to his thick coat in the most uncomfortable of ways. He wanted to shift back to his human form, but willed himself to stay as a lynx, knowing that if something happened this would be his best bet to react.

NOAH
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
like thunder gonna shake the ground
Not having any inkling of Noah's doubts about their relationship or Loren himself, the healer just padded alongside the hunter. The Firebrand kept the bond between them relatively closed off, so no hint of his feelings would filter through to the other man. Astra was with them, trotting on the opposite side of Loren from Noah.

The cold and the heat didn't bother the healer at all: with his cold resistance from the Academy and the blessing from Tanau neither environment posed a threat or a challenge to him. They made their way across the Sea of Glass, through the tunnel, and then across the surface of the Climb to the entrance of the Burrows.

Heading into the caves, the lion led the lynx and the luxere through the confusing set of caverns. However, he must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, as they arrived at a three way fork. Sucking air in through his mouth, he tried to check with all of his senses which path to take. Any preference?
LOREN
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The lion seemed to be just fine in this terrain, even as the temperature shifted. The lynx, however, was not. While he knew this was the best form for him to be in at the moment, Noah was still uncomfortable as they clamored through the tunnel. He panted heavily, trotting after Loren's large steps. When the Firebrand stopped, as did the hunter. He turned his head to look at each tunnel, each path before them, and his knob of a tail twitched. Let's true the leftmost tunnel. Noah said, gesturing towards it with his muzzle.

He was not sure what they would encounter in this land, but knew Loren had been here before. What he did not know was how much Loren had explored, or if he knew where Noah was leading them. Have you been that way? He asked, glancing sideways up towards the lion. Surely, he would not walk Noah into any danger on purpose, would he? Noah did not think so. While he hadn't settled confidently on all of Loren's character, he trusted that he at least had their best interest in mind as they traversed this new land.

NOAH
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Hearing Noah's pants, Loren slowed their pace. Astra bleated and bumped into him as he did. He leaned over and rubbed his head against her affectionately.

Chuffing out some air in response to the hunter's choice, the healer started to lead them down the left-most tunnel. It was narrower than the previous tunnel, so the luxere dropped behind the two men. Glancing over at the other man when he asked his question, the Firebrand's tail flicked behind him.

I don't know, he responded, facing front again. All these caves look kind of the same to me, if I'm being honest, and the first time I came here I was sick, so everything's a bit fuzzy. He padded his way forward, senses peeled for any sign of danger.
LOREN
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah had felt claustrophobic only a few times in his life. Before venturing towards this new territory, the smallest place he felt claustrophobic in was his own home during Longnight. Even in the Arcane Academy, nearly three times the size of his house, he had felt like the walls were closing in on him. Now, however, as they moved to a narrower tunnel, Noah felt so tiny. The heat, lack of light, and small space all mixed in his mind and crowded his senses. He understood why Loren thought all of these tunnels looked the same -- even in a healthy state, Noah understood. This is the first time you've been back since the Voice offered her cure, then? the hunter asked, though he probably already knew the answer.

As they padded along, one behind the other, Noah could feel the temperature change beneath his paws. The stones, though still anything warmer than he had encountered before, did cool some the further they traveled. What do you think about others hunting the lillies, even though the Voice has offered a cure?

NOAH
the Firebrand

Change author:
Yes, Loren replied to Noah's question. Then the healer glanced at the hunter. Not the first time I've been back at all though. I came here after I drank some water to look for lilies. No luck. Growling a bit, the lion faced front again, taking them deeper into the stiflingly hot tunnel. However, it began to cool a bit, and he pulled in a breath of air that came in scented with water.

His steps faltered for a moment, when the other man brought up the Voice's cure. Although the Firebrand quickly regained his footing, he didn't respond to Noah right away. I think that...I think that some people didn't accept the cure from the Voice for one reason or other. So we should do our best to make sure everyone is cured. With that, he clamped down even tighter on the bond to prevent any of his discomfort from leaking through.
LOREN
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah had no ill intentions in his question--he was merely interested in Loren's thoughts. I've lived here my whole life, and I should know more, but I don't. I am still learning about the gods, and the Voice, and the Ascended. He admitted to the Firebrand. I have not relied on the gods throughout my life, but once outlanders started coming in to Halo, and we had the rest of the world opened to us, they suddenly seemed more necessary. Until you all discovered this place, I didn't know about Tanau. To be honest, I never prayed much before last year, and when I did it was only that I didn't die from whatever was happening to me. He didn't know why he was sharing this part of his life with the other council member, but it seemed fitting. They were, after all, venturing in to a new land that had been the home only to a god before their arrival--shouldn't Loren know what Noah knew (or didn't)?
NOAH
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren listened to Noah's explanation or confession or whatever it was without a hint of the healer's own feelings bleeding through. When the hunter finished, the lion chuffed out some air. However, Astra bleated and bumped him from behind with her antlers and he let out a rumbling sound deep in his chest.

You must've met at least one god, when you Attuned. The tunnel took a bend, and he peered around it before leading the small group down. It started to widen again, enough that the luxere could trot back to his side. I don't know of anyone who knew about Tanau before we rescued him, but if you'd like I can tell you what little I know of the gods.

-FIN
LOREN