under this canopy, defusing anything dangerous
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Wessex nods in agreement again, hoping that Bastien understands that his lack of violent experience is exactly why she wants him in the Council. Not just for appearance’s sake, but because sometimes there are other ways to do things, and the Wraith is self-aware enough to know what she leaps to first. She has enough tactical and violent experience for the three of them, she doesn’t need more of that - yet. “Good. I’m glad. I think Ambassador suits you well too.” Extending her hand to clasp his, she is struck by the thought that this is the first common ground they’ve really found.

“I hope it’s not too insensitive to say, but I think Rex would be proud of this.” This, meaning their attempt at teamwork where none had existed before. Her smile shifts to something a little sad and nostalgic before it fades into her usual, business-like self and she releases his hand. “There will be a meeting soon to determine what kind of Quest we want to better the Ground. I’ll be taking suggestions for a couple of days beforehand. Send a note if you hear anything or want to chat about ideas.”

Standing, Wessex readies herself to leave. “I’m not quite all together yet - on plans and what to do. Everything changes so quickly, I still feel like I’m catching up.” Or in other words, she doesn’t know what to do with him yet, but she’ll figure it out. With his input, if he likes. "So any input is appreciated."
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Bastien smiled as he took his hand back at her words on Rexanna, his eyes briefly looking up to her portrait by the door. "Yes, she probably would be." He was also sure she'd laugh at him for going against principles he so regularly gave pretentious monologues about, but times moved on, and sadly she didn't with them.

"I am more interested in what the people want than anything I could ask for. One day, I would like to build the Voice some kind of temple here...but that is clearly not a desperate matter. I still have years worth of plans to make, anyway." If it was for their Goddess, he wanted it to be perfect, from every brick to mosaic tile to the dimensions of the ceiling, the way voices would echo within the halls; it had to be enough to put even the devout of the Old Gods into awe.

He gave her a sympathetic smile, sure that he wouldn't have any idea what to do in her position either. "I am sure with time you will fit back into your Queenly shoes."
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
“Noted.” It’s said kindly, with a flash of a smile. What he wants sounds glorious and she hopes she can provide a place for that - if, as he says, the people want it. Privately, Wessex thinks the Ground would have to be a very different place for that to happen. But times - they are a-changin’, if her recent conversations can be trusted.

And as Bastien jokes about her shoes, she turns a skeptical eye towards her functional boots, worn and unimpressive and probably a little too dirty for the de Rosieres house. They suit her just fine, though. And hell, they technically don’t need shoes. It’s only that Wessex has heard it’s unnerving to go around in Deepfrost without them, so she wears them and pays no mind until there’s a hole in the leather. Anyway. Enough about shoes. “I’m sure it won’t be long. These ugly guys are accommodating.” With that, the Wraith heads for the door, mission accomplished. Before she leaves, she turns back with a last thought.

“I’d love to see Azrael soon. If they’re interested in talking, of course.” Leaving it up to the child/teenager/whatever age they are, Wessex throws the invitation out there and continues on with her day. At least that’s one item checked off the list for today.

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all