have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere?
For Gideon
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
When we can’t control fire,
we name it “wild”
Shrugging at Gideon's question, Alina lifted herself off the ground. "I don't know how to answer that." Frowning, she glanced over her shoulder at her wings, considering them. "Much farther and faster than I can walk." Beyond that she couldn't say: she'd never tested how far she could fly in a single session, let alone over a longer period of time.

Looking back at the priest as he laughed, she pressed her lips into a line. She physically couldn't lie to him, so that was as good as he was going to get. Still, her eyes widened as he revealed he'd met Ludo. "What was it like?" The question slipped out before she had a chance to think about it.

Mouth parting at his explanation, she frowned slightly. "I have met other priests and priestesses of the old gods and they lacked such privileges. What makes you so special?"
when we can’t control God,
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Wandering, I chanced upon
A wayward child lost anon
"I'd have to try it out." While Gideon had never wanted to be Abandoned, their position with the Gods not at all enviable, he had often wished he had powers and abilities to test to their limits; he had always had a rather average amount of physical ability and not much to speak of in terms of special talents or powers.

Describing what meeting a God was like was a hard thing indeed; how could one sum up the awe, the terror and the wonder of it all in one simple tale? Trying his best to solidify the memory into words, Gideon focused then said: "Incredible. It moves like smoke in the air, the robes shift and fade...you can focus on it's face for a second, but then it disappears again... like seeing a ghost."

As for what Ludo had actually said: "It agreed with my thoughts on plans I had to do, and is helping me achieve them." Vague was best on what those plans were.

"Oh, now I can't talk to that. Maybe it's just because I've been doing it so long." Gideon chuckled, shrugged. "But I promise you it's very much real."
And when he laid across my chest
My cutting stone it did the rest
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
we name it “wild”
Brow furrowing as Gideon mentioned trying out flying, Alina tilted her head to one side. She chewed her bottom lip for a moment before finally responding. "And just how are you planning to do that?" Snorting, she shook her head.

However, she found herself unable to look away as he described his encounter with Ludo. When he finished, she remembered to breathe. "Remarkable. What was its presence like? What plans is it helping you achieve?" She leaned forward, expression rapt.

When he grew cagey again, though her eyes narrowed. "Can't? Or won't?" If faith and devotion was all it took then surely the elders and the priests of her kind would have developed such abilities over time. They lived far longer than humans, after all. Sighing, she put one hand on her hip. "Regardless, tell me your good news."
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"No no, I mean if I were in your position." Gideon clarified. The only way he'd be able to take on any Abandoned abilities would be if he Ascended and drank from them, which was obviously so, so out of the cards it was a dice game.

It was good to know he still had it, as far as sermons and preaching went, that he could excite Alina with a tale of the Gods. Eager to continue, he considered her questions for a moment, a finger on his chin, then spoke with the appropriate gravity for describing a God: "Hard to describe, but you are aware in every moment that you are in the presence of something greater. You feel insignificant, but highly honoured, all at once."

As for what his plans were...Gideon hesitated, but from what he knew of the Fae, his and their goals were aligned. "It is helping me to...correct things the Ascended have done to our world." That was a sanitised way of saying it, but Gideon didn't usually come right out with his plans of eradication.

He saw her suspicion return and gave an innocent, casual smile, leaning back a little on the log he sat on. "A bit of can't and won't together." Was all Gideon said, not wanting to bring up the Order to this currently skeptical Fae. "The good news is what I said to you first. Ludo sees potential in you. You're brave enough to do what needs to be done, and smart enough to know what that is. Don't you think the Fae have lost some focus lately?"
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Nodding at Gideon's clarification, Alina left it at that. Even if she were strong enough to offer to fly him, she wouldn't. Probably not ever and at least not until she knew if she could trust him.

Breathing in deeply at his words, she nodded. Her hand came up to rest over her heart, an unconscious gesture. "I know. I met Safrin once and...I don't have the words to describe it properly." Hanging her head, she grimaced. "And now I am afraid of what she must think of me." She spoke in a whisper, having told no one this secret fear of hers, but something about the priest's presence drew it out of her.

Perhaps it was simply that she'd had no one to talk to on equal terms for so long that now she was seizing the opportunity.

Her head snapped up at his words. Jaw dropping, her eyes bored into him. "I too am seeking to redress some of the wrongs the Ascended have done." Swallowing, she stepped towards him, posture relaxing.

However, her scowl returned when he refused to reveal the source of his knowledge to her. She found herself gritting her teeth at his words. "And what, in your and Ludo's minds, needs to be done?" Jaw feathering with tension, she clamped down on any further response.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"Ah, Safrin. I've heard some tales that people are too bowed over by her beauty to even say any of their planned prayers." From what he knew from books, scrolls and paintings, she certainly was a sight to see, though Gideon had never yet had the honour himself. Alina was obviously asking for some comfort when she expressed doubt of the deities thoughts on her, though he didn't sense any particular feeling either way on the Goddesses part. "She seems a little disappointed, perhaps. Have you not accomplished a task set for you?"

Clearly, they were in similar places when it came to the Ascended. "Then we have a goal in common." He said, though her mood seemed to swiftly change as she realised she couldn't have all of his secrets. "To the Ascended? Complete eradication. Get rid of the mistake. The Voice's rebellion should have been crushed out years ago, not left to limp on into the sad, pathetic evil it is today."
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Sighing as Gideon confirmed Alina's fears, she nodded. "Yes. I asked her for help with something a while ago now, and though I tried to follow through on what she needed from me I...haven't been able to complete it." She grimaced, hands clenching into fists. Shaking her head slightly, she turned away from the man, once again not wanting to share her reaction with him.

Her head snapped towards him as he admitted to wanting to eradicate the Ascended. Eyes narrowing, she faced him again. "Why wasn't it?" She folded her arms across her chest, staring directly at him, every part of her intent upon his answer. Maybe this man knew the answer, as the Fae only had whispered tales of back then, even the eldest among them being barely babes when the war ended.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"What did she need from you?" Gideon asked, more curious than intending to help, though if it was something easily within his power, he would. He was always interested to see what the Gods would do to help mortals with their wants and desires and what they demanded in return.

Alina's attention was certainly caught when it came to his ideas about the Ascended, though he wasn't quite sure if she approved or not. Regardless, she wasn't shutting him out right away, so Gideon leaned forward and spoke further on the topic, picking a blade of grass which he twirled in his fingers while he did. "Y'know, I might look old to you, but I'm not actually ancient enough to know. Some things the Gods keep from us, and that's...how it should be." It was frustrating, to not know why the Old Gods had not ended the Ascended already, but Gideon knew his place was not to question why.

"Do you agree, then? That we need to be rid of the Ascended?" He asked, shifting his gaze directly to hers.
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Sighing Alina crossed her arms at Gideon's question. "I needed a piece of every race--hair, blood, that sort of thing--clippings from the wings of a Fae, and the branch from a Wicker Woman." Her jaw feathered with tension. "I need something from an Ascended and maybe from an Accepted. And the branch." She shook her head, hunching slightly.

Snorting, she narrowed her eyes at him. "So you don't know everything about the gods." She laughed a little, though there was absolutely no mirth or joy in it.

Clearing her throat, she met his gaze. "I agree the threat the Ascended pose to the world needs to be curtailed." She inclined her head towards him.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
As Alina began to describe her quest, it certainly sounded very familiar; Gideon frowned and tilted his head, the beginnings of a bemused smile on his lips. Either every Fae in the Greatwood needed hair and blood, or he'd found the first person to take on the quest. Juniper had mentioned there had been someone who had accepted it first. "I gave some of my hair and blood to a lady named Juniper, for something very similar; ring any bells?"

Had he ever claimed to know everything? Gideon certainly didn't think he had. "Of course not; no one does, except the Gods themselves, I suppose." He knew he'd spend his whole life serving and searching and still not know it all; it was both the beauty and infuriating truth of service to the Gods.

That she agreed about the Ascended was a promising sign. Gideon let the grass he had been fiddling with drop. "Then you're better suited to be a leader than most. You're needed to help with the Ascended."
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
we name it “wild”
Frowning at Gideon's response, Alina nodded just once. "I know her. And told her of my quest. But she didn't mention anything to me about meeting you. Or give me anything." Jaw feathering with tension as she gritted her teeth, she met his gaze. "I asked for something to help defend the Greatwood from incursions against the Ascended," she explained.

Shrugging at his reply, she felt her hands clenching and unclenching as he once again praised her leadership abilities, none of which she'd displayed. At least in her mind. "What help could I provide?" She tilted her head to one side, regarding him as she forced herself to relax, to set her shoulders back and let her hands rest flat by her side.
we name it “war”
ALINA
Base Code by Sky!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"Hm. Then maybe you should be getting on with it before she takes the prize." Gideon suggested, finding himself interested indeed in this apparent quest-stealing; he'd never heard of anything quite like it. If Juniper completed the tasks for Safrin, would she receive the credit? Would the Gods care? "Write to me when you've finished the quest. I'd like to know how it went." He didn't know if she actually would, but he knew it'd be a letter he was looking forward to receiving if she did.

As for what help she specifically could provide...well, Gideon didn't know her, and the Gods liked for their subjects to work that sort of thing out for themselves. "You'll have to work that out. That's what leaders do; make plans and decisions." He shrugged too, standing up from the log and stretching; he couldn't spend all day counselling questioning Fae.

"Good luck with it. Make sure you pray soon; you're overdue." With that said he would wave and disappear off into the trees, wondering if Safrin had been watching over the conversation with a frustrated frown.

{FIN}
gideon
Base Code by Sky!