light feet and lighter hearts
Gideon
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
as I hold my soul all the music pours out
It’s definitely an odd position to be in; Falke’s inordinate amount of self-awareness is certainly doing himself few favors right now as he knows this won’t be something he can fully digest tonight. “I thought Vi, perhaps, for trying to keep people alive. Or Rae, for the research I do. Mort has always seemed to be firmly in the realm of death and that’s the opposite of my work.” Feeling very much like a schoolboy again, Falke shrugs and runs a hand against his hair, sheepish.

“Ludo is different than Mort though, isn’t it? I’d never presume to catch Mort’s attention with my prayers, and now that you say what it is he likes about my work, would Ludo would feel the same…?” Pausing briefly, Falke tries to temper his next words, but something tells him the Priest has heard much worse over the years. “And with the heralds only just now reappearing, it feels like a bit of a cop-out to pray to Ludo, just to be more likely to get an actual answer.”
THE 'FIXER'
the greatest fear I've ever kept is dying with regrets
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
You're so high, you're so high
You had to be an angel
"The opposite? That's interesting, because I'd say you worked very closely with death and I think Mort feels the same way. Maybe you're on the other side of it, but this kind of black and white thinking won't help you when it comes to finding a God to pray to." Gideon tried his best not to let his tone become lecture-like, though he repeated this sentiment many times a week to many people; it seemed a lot of the population were uneducated about the nature of the Gods, of the world. Truthfully, the only 'opposite' he believed existed was the Accepted and Ascended, good and evil.

The logic around wanting to pray to Ludo instead did draw a laugh from Gideon and he shook his head. "Ludo doesn't spend a lot of time worrying about the philosophy and morals of what it does." Perhaps Ludo would speak to Falke, yes, but he doubted Falke would find the attention he was looking for there. "Praying isn't just about getting an answer - it's only in this last year that's even become a possibility, and we all prayed before that. Be faithful, continue to do your work, and you will be rewarded and seen as Mort sees fit."
I'm so high, I'm so high
I can see an angel
gideon
Base Code by Sky!
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
as I hold my soul all the music pours out
It’s an odd feeling, to say the least, when Falke is on the other side of a lecture. In fact, it starts to rub him the wrong way, and he recognizes it. A silly feeling, but one that means he ought to get moving - not the least of which because he’s kept the Priest up. Resigning himself to confusion when it comes to the Gods, Falke just nods and puts on a slight smile in acceptance. He seems accepting of the lecture and admonishment, feeling that there’s probably good information in what Gideon says, but nevertheless sliding towards a resistance.

“I see. And I hear you.” Acknowledge and move on. He inhales deeply. “I’ve learned a lot tonight. Thank you for your time. Gideon.” Offering his hand for a shake, the Fixer then heads for the door and gives the tiniest of waves as he exits, head full of several things to consider.

{Fin}
THE 'FIXER'
the greatest fear I've ever kept is dying with regrets