swallow my doubts away
NAAAAATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
darling, can't you see?
I'm a broken man with addictive tendencies
A slight hiss leaves him as Nate’s thumb brushes against his swollen lip, but the Attuned has managed to catch his breath, to give his focus into the words that leave Nate, to use it as a distraction from the sensation of the hand that’s pressed soothingly against the bites to his neck. It makes him swallow hard, aiming to breathe through his nose now even if they come out still fast paced. “As would I.” It’s an agreement easily made, that the path they’ve walked has been a tumultuous one, with dips and curves and dead ends and dead people, but they’d made it. They could forge the new path ahead together, even if the trek had been windy and confusing.

He’s thankful for it, really.

But he’s cradling Nate’s face now, hand flexing slightly against pale skin, thumbs running along his husband’s cheekbones, spying the sparkle to a stunning gaze. The wings shift a fraction as Nate tugs him closer, Sunjata’s arms slipping along the Ascended’s shoulder to interlock behind his husband’s back, lids half closed as he peers back. But he can’t say anything in response with the way Nate dives in and Sunjata’s more than happy to give into it as well, exhaustion weighing heavily on his shoulders. I think I need a smoke, though. He sends down the bond, a huff of amusement flickering within it.
and I think I love you
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
Sunjata agrees with him, out loud, easily, the words hitting something in Nate's throat, in his chest, easily. Even though he knows they're true, another thing with no room for doubt, there is a difference between knowing something, and having it said out loud. That someone would suffer just as much for him as he would them, that they would still find happiness despite it, it's beyond words. It's confirmation that he's made the right choice, the best choice he possibly could have.

A silent hum leaves Nate as he begins to untangle himself from the heavy wrapping of limbs around him. I can do that, darling. He stretches out towards the bedside table, where he knows there's a pack of smokes, a box of matches, grabbing both in one hand. Returning to the warm embrace, Nate reaches up and around himself, tugging Sunjata's arms, wings back into place around him. Once he's satisfied, the ascended grabs a single cigarette from the pack, his eyes focused on the face of his husband instead of his task. Some lingering sickness in him hesitates when he lights the match, eyes flicking to the small flame before he pulls it close enough to light the smoke, then shakes it out.

Both boxes are thrown back towards the bedside table (gods only know if they manage to land where Nate means) the ascended pulling long and hard on the smoke, bringing to mind a trick he'd shown Sunjata just after Sam had kicked him out. He stops short of reducing the entire thing to ash though, his hand lifting to move it away so he can once again lean in, press their lips together. They're still sharing, technically. How's that?
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
darling, can't you see?
I'm a broken man with addictive tendencies
They had been through so much, so fucking much, that despite all the flaws and terrible things that had happened to them, they’d landed right here. Happiness was something that Sunjata had just assumed he’d never be able to attain, too afraid of losing more people that had grown close to him, and yet he hadn’t lost Nate. No, the Ascended had wedged his way in, had argued against Sunjata’s attempts of pushing him away, and through it all? Sunjata doesn’t know if he’s ever been happier.

It’s a thought that keeps his cheeks still flushed, the salty and sticky skin peeling away from the Ascended as they readjust and Nate leans over to grab the smokes and matches. A low vibrating hum leaves Sunjata, wings drawn back, the cool air around them rising goosebumps along his skin, until Nate returns and moves the Attuneds arms back exactly where they were. He remains malleable, exhaustion heavy on his shoulders, but his eyes never leave Nate’s face. The wings wrap around again, the cigarette lit and Nate takes a deep pull.

His wing moves in time for Nate to be able to toss the boxes over back to the table, but Sunjata doesn’t peek to look and see where they land. No, he’s enamored by Nate, eyes soft and glittering with amusement, the steel swirling with nothing but love and appreciation, watching the cigarette burn and burn and burn until Nate moves it and leans in. Of course he leans back, arms tightening around Nate’s neck, lips pressed against his to siphon the smoke from his husband. Show off. He retorts mentally, unable to stop himself from deepening the kiss again, smoke curling from his nose as he exhales and lets the sensation fill his mind.
and I think I love you
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
A single hiccup of laughter interrupts the smoke, just for a breath, enough that he would have choked, if he needed to breathe. And he never gets the chance to correct it, as Sunjata leans in, deepening the kiss. Who would I be if I didn’t show off, huh? What’s left of the smoke still burns in one hand, but the other combing through the attuned’s hair, thumb dragging along his cheek.

By the time they pull apart, the last bit of the cigarettes is nothing but a precariously balanced tower of cold ash, another thing Nate flicks away without looking, though this one he’ll regret a little bit more than the boxes before. The pair of them could use a shower. Despite the thought, when Nate moves, it’s to lay down, pulling Sunjata with him as he goes, keeping the attuned pressed in close to his chest, tucked under his chin and within his arms.

Safe, and warm, and in the perfect place to fall back asleep. Nate can keep the nightmares away, now that he’s here.

Fin
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE