the sweet surrender of silence
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
this is for the snakes and the people they bite
for the friends i've made, for the sleepless nights
He’d become a hitchhiker while this venture of the Climb began. But he’d drifted off alone, by himself, through the dark tunnels as he tries to avoid the strange black cathedral he and Melita had stumbled across. He manages to find a place with a bit more humidity streaming in, clinging to his clothes and skin, a dewy sheen on his face that dampens the red hair and clings it to his face too. He realizes more and more just how much he dislikes the Climb.

But he’s here, for a reason Zeph had told him about, and without anything particular keeping him in Torchline for this next bout of time, he could afford to venture off in the name of helping if only to remind himself just how much he loved Torchline in its entirety.

He finds the tunnel that leads toward Frey’s breath, unable to truly see beyond the dark tunnels. He has a torch with him, something at least to light the walls nearby him, and he begins his search for the lilies — wondering if it were simply a fool's errand or if the smuggler might find some luck within it.
for the warning signs i've completely ignored
there's an amount to take, reasons to take more
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Another land rediscovered, another land for Alina to worry about. Although the Fae was always loathe to leave the Greatwood, when she heard news that a path to a place called the Climb had been opened, she gritted her teeth and prepared for a long journey. It was a shock to go from the frigid cold of Halo to the heat of this arid and barren land.

Stripping off layers, she gritted her teeth against the discomfort. Flitting across the ashy landscape, she spotted an entrance to a cave. Hesitating for just a moment, she descended into the tunnels. Careful to mark and remember her path, she made her way through the darkness, carrying a lantern in one hand and her spear in the other.

Eventually, the narrow tunnels opened up into something a bit more palatable. There were hot springs here, and she examined the area for a brief moment before her gaze focused on the man there. "What is this place?" Her fingers curled around the shaft of her spear and she stayed slightly off the ground, unwilling to land when threats could lurk around any corner.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
He’s entranced by the springs, a bit less beautiful than the Rainbow Road in terms of color, but far more magical in the way it appears. Varying pools, heat and mist arising from them, sticking his clothes to him, matting his hair down along his face. The sound of the pools bubbling drowns out the approach of another, though, as Milo nears the edge of the springs and peers into one of them, searching the warm pools for anything.

Her voice calls out and his head whips toward it, both in a bit of surprise. “Heard t’was called Frey’s Breath.” He rumbles back toward her, taking in the spear and the wings, the way she seems to float rather than land. She must be one of those Fae he’s heard all about. Of course, he doesn’t say anything to that extent, simply stepping away from the edge of the pool. “S’posed t’ be magical.” Provided the rumors were true, but Milo has nothing to deny the truth of it.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

No sooner does Milo say the words supposed to be magical, a white lily unfurls itself from the rock wall, stretching its white petals in greeting
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
At the mention that the area was dedicated to the herald of nature, Alina found herself examining the area. "Is that so?" Her voice came out distractedly, since she was still surveying the hot springs.

"You'd think there would be more growing things in a place named after Frey," she commented. Indeed, there was nothing green anywhere that she could see. She glanced over at the man as she spoke. "Magical how?" She tightened her grip on the spear.

There was a flash of movement and color out of the corner of her eye. Whirling, she watched as a flower appeared. "What the..." Voice trailing off, she poked at the bloom with the tip of her spear.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
The words leave his lips and he spots it it, hearing Alina briefly in the back of his mind. It takes a few moments of registering, of remembering what Zeph had said of the lilies, where they were supposed to go and be collected. He chews on his lower lip briefly, before he turns to watch Alina’s approach, the spear outstretched. “Th’ water. ‘Sposed to heal ya. Helped those that were sick.” As far as he remembers, though he hadn’t been around to see it. All he knew was that it hadn’t worked on the Ascended.

But then she goes to poke at it with her spear and he’s flailing forward toward the lily, trying to reach for it. “Aye! Don’t!” He chimes, slipping on a rock and diving into the water by accident. Much like a cat, he tries to get out of the springs as quickly as possible, even if the sensation in his bones is beautiful and brilliant, relieving. He forces himself out of the springs to march back to the wall, dripping wet, plucking the lily carefully from the wall.

The lilies ‘r ‘sposed t’go to… A waterfall, I think. Gotta get ten’a ‘em.” They have to be protected – a cure.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
Glancing at the water as the man mentioned it, Alina frowned. Landing in a crouch by the edge of a pool, she cupped her hand in it, letting the warm liquid run through her fingers. "Useful. If true." Standing up, she dried her hand off on her pants.

The flower was much more interesting to both of them. As he called out she halted her motion, glancing over as he fell into the water with a splash. Smirking, she took to the air again, avoiding taking her own spill.

As he emerged from the water picked the lily, she frowned. "A doorway? What waterfall? What in the world are you talking about?" The illness had entirely avoided the Greatwood and she rarely listened to or cared about news from the outside world.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
If Milo had time to actually enjoy the sensation of the springs, he might have argued more and more about it, the truth to it and how it seemed to offer relief to those that were ill, how so many had kept kegs of the water if only in case of a relapse. But he doesn’t, too focused on ensuring that Alina doesn’t destroy the flower before he has a chance to grab it. Luckily, however, he manages to pluck it from the rock wall, cradling it within wet hands as he continues to drip along the stone.

He turns back to her then, honeyed gaze a bit harder, hued more like bark at this time. “T’cure. I think… Could try ‘n find it. You can come ‘n see fer yerself, if ya don’t believe me.” He raises a red brow, cocking his head toward her, looking her up and down again before he glances back to the tunnel trying to retrace his steps mentally as he did oftentimes in the Fingers.
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Change author:
The stranger seemed very invested in this strange flower. Alina would admit it was beautiful, but she couldn't figure out what could possibly be so important about the bloom. Silently, she watched as he plucked it.

When the man mentioned a cure, though, she swiveled her head, followed by her whole body, turning in mid-air to face him fully. "A cure? A cure for what?" She was frowning now. Following his gaze to the tunnel entrance, she bobbed up and down as she paid less attention to her flight and more to his words and their implications.

Finally she groaned. "Where is this waterfall?" She gritted her teeth, but gestured for him to lead the way.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
A cure fer those that’r sick. Lotsa people in Torchline got sick at th’start a the season.” His brows furrow as he focuses on her briefly, still keeping the flower held carefully in his hands. He doesn’t know if the Fae had anyone that got sick, but what he does know is that it rampaged through the docks of Torchline, through the government, through bits and pieces of Halo and the Grounds.

And if this cured them…? Well, then so be it. He’d give it a shot.

At Alina’s groan, Milo agrees – something that he also didn’t particularly want to try and go find on his own. So he begins the trek back through the tunnels. “I dunno yet, ‘ve only been downa couple of ‘em. Haven’t seen a waterfall one yet.” And just like that, he’s able to try and remember which tunnels he’d taken, an attempt to get them in the right spot.

He only hopes it works.

- FIN