Lost Girl
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles and shards of glass
A lot of things will take some getting used to...

The look on Sunjata's face at the mere mention of Jack's name made a sense of suspicion arise in Aurelia. Part of her felt defensive of him already, which came as its own surprise. He wasn't exactly her dearest friend and she didn't know him well enough to pretend she did but, he had offered her a place to stay, food to eat, an explanation, and... she probably had a real job on the Ark, if she wanted it. That was plenty for her to be grateful for. However, when Sunjata told her to be wary of him, her lips strained into a taut line.

"To be frank, I'm wary of everyone.. at the moment," she told him, a little edge in her tone. It was true, though. She held her fair share of reservations about the captain of the Ark and his crew.

She finished off her joke with a longer sip from her glass, her tastebuds becoming numbed to the taste. She watched with raised eyebrows as Sunjata leaned over his desk towards her with a cat-like grin on his face - quite literally, cat-like. She narrowed her eyes at him and his spiraling horns. Still, she listened to his precautious advice and smirked at his theatrical display.

Aurelia set her glass down and gave his words consideration. She shook her head after a moment or two. "No," she shook her head again, more confidently, "You'll find that I'm not all that proper, either. Besides, I don't know anything about the rest of this world. It's probably... better to get my bearings before I go and get lost through another portal," she let out her own ragged sigh.

A question suddenly came to her mind and she hesitantly began to ask it aloud, "So.. what happened between you and Jack, then? It had to be something, judging by that look you got on your face."
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
anyway, you say you're too busy
saving everybody else to save yourself
A fair thing to be.” Comes the easy rumble. He was wary too – simply telling people he was a hunter rather than a bounty hunter when he’d joined – not delving into too much of his history, too many people in his past having used it against him, manipulated him into doing a variety of things he wouldn’t otherwise do. Now, however, he’s been here long enough that things had slipped, he’d found his circle, he’d moved up in the world and made a name for himself.

It was only a bit ironic that the moniker Flood still fit, was something the people here chose to call him too.

He leans back in his chair, feigning dramatics at the mention of Halo and the cold, goosebumps rising along tattooed skin, the galaxies swirling within the waves. “I think we’ll get along quite well.” Sunjata offers her an encouraging smile, an understanding of needing to get ones bearings. There was a lot to learn in Caido, a lot he’d learned the hard way – if the scars that spanned his body were any indication of it.

But her question, of Jack, has a brow raising, a long pause before he’s chuckling under his breath. He downs the rest of the whiskey in his glass with relative ease before setting the glass back down. Running aa hand through his hair, he focuses on her. “Before I became Governor, I was… The Arbiter here. I had a deal with Jack that I wouldn’t get involved in his shit if he didn’t get involved in mine. But a fight broke out in the Port and I went to break it up, accidentally cut a guy’s face in the process.” He trails off, unsure if she knew who Zeph was, but the scar that trailed down the mans face was certainly an indicator.

It was purely an accident, but shit happens. Jack came and kicked my ass for it. Then, pissed, my husband –” He trails off with another laugh of amusement spreading across his face. “Went and kicked Jack’s ass. Which meant that Nate and I had to go help some of Jack’s crew in Rae’s Fingers, the tunnels. We fought an octopus made of lava.” His head tilts down to peer at his shoulder, his feathers disappear to reveal the tattooed feathers, the shoulder where a large burn scar has torn out the ink. “I got a bit fucked up. Essentially, they left us down there to find our own way out.” The shoulders rise and fall in a shrug with that, a half-smirk sent Aurelia’s way. “Let’s just say Jack and I aren’t each other’s biggest fans.
and you don't want no help, oh well
that's the story to tell
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia lifted her eyebrows in surprise at his comment but, she did find it somewhat comforting. An ally outside of her deal with Jack wouldn't be a bad thing, should things ever go wrong. She didn't intend on that, though. Not now, now that she knew more about her predicament. Sunjata had clearly been around Caido for a while... if there was truly a way out, he would undoubtedly be closer to it than she would. Well, that was, if he wanted to even go home. Maybe that answer was no. Maybe, then, there was still a chance...

She tucked that idea away to the back of her mind, straightening up to listen to his answer. She wanted to know how to avoid getting on the Ark's bad side. At least, if she could help it.

Aurelia frowned seriously as the information was delivered. She didn't quite know the entirety of the crew very well, not enough to be able to recall all their scars. She'd have to pay attention when she went back, to see who he was referring to. Sunjata having a husband was intriguing, especially the part where he kicked Jack's ass. It made her chuckle at the thought. She had nothing against Jack but, the image of him getting an ass-kicking was pretty amusing.

The part about the octopus made of lava caught her by surprise, though. How was that possible? A lava octopus. Her raised one very skeptical eyebrow.

"So... what I'm understanding is, he holds a mean grudge. But he must care about his people, to go up against you for their honor - or whatever it was... I think I can handle that. At least I won't have to play arbiter for them," she had a hand gripping her chin as she thought aloud, "but you don't have to worry about problems like that with me, either. I keep my head low most of the time. Had to, where I'm from. I don't go out looking for a fight,"

"Still, though - I hope I can meet your husband someday," she grinned, "I'd love to take ass kicking lessons from him, 'just in case'."

Not that she was untrained in self-defense or even offense. However, she couldn't shake the feeling of weakness she had since coming through the portal. Some sparring would do her good.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He draws silent after he explains the situation, the way that Aurelia takes the information and mulls it over, hearing the chuckle at the mention of Nate kicking Jack’s ass. Already she gets bonus points in his mind for that alone. Her raised eyebrow is met with a Cheshire grin – Sunjata’s scars easily on display in case she didn’t believe him – one shoulder missing part of its ink, a red and splotchy burn mark settled on it with the appearance of tentacles.

That’ll immediately put you on their good side at least.” Sunjata rumbles, still leaned back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other easily as he regards her. “If it helps, my niece is part of the crew. Her name’s Melita.” The red haired girl – while not technically his niece, still had blood ties that trailed back to Korofi, the very same place that Sunjata was born. Her father, the very same that had him captured in the rebellion, that had taken almost everything from him.

The mention of learning from Nate, though, that grants a crookedly boyish smile along his face. “He’s around. His name’s Nate. He runs the clinic down the street.” He offers the information easily, fingers tapping along the edge of his leg idly. “The Slagveld is always open for those that wish to train as well. Nate spends quite a bit of time here, too.” Because, well, they lived here for the time being until they built their new home.
that's the story to tell
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
His tentacle scar looked painful. She scratched her arm at the thought of what that wound must've felt like. It made her wonder about other kinds of creatures that might lurk in the depths of Caido. They didn't seem to walk the land like the ones she was used to, but apparently there were monsters just as dangerous and hungry as any. Perhaps they waited for the flies to walk into their web, rather than pursue the chase.

Aurelia recalled the other girl on the ship. She had a mess of red, wavy hair and a well-intentioned naivety that was admirable. At least, from what Aurelia could tell. There was melancholic fondness in Aurelia's expression as she nodded, "The one with red hair? She reminds me a bit of my sisters.. I had no idea, you two don't look much alike."

When Sunjata added that she was welcome to come back and train there at the Slagveld, Aurelia nodded. There was a sudden realization that the sky outside had darkened into a burnt orange color. She looked back at Sunjata and let out a long sigh, "Well, in that case, you'll be seeing more of me around here. I've gotta stay sharp somehow. Maybe one of these days I'll see you in the ring?" Of course, she didn't mean 'see' as a spectator. She smiled and stood up, instantly feeling a little light-headed. Nonetheless, she would be fine - especially after a sobering walk back to the ship. Extending her gloved hand out across the desk, she continued, "It's been... eye-opening, Sunjata, to say the least. I should get back before it's dark,"

She would add a quiet, "thank you" just before leaving through the door.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It had been painful. It had kept him on his ass for weeks after, Nate doing the best he could to try and heal the Attuned. And yet, miraculously fixed when he’d gone to visit Safrin, a quick wave of her hand and the pain subsiding, scars remaining. It was much like the tattoos on his arms, the ones he had started for her, with waves interlocking the sleeves with a galaxy within. It was only Safrin that had made them magical, had given them the option to twinkle and move in a slow fashion much like the stars in the sky.

He focuses on her as she mentions Melita, a small rogue grin crossing his face. “Extended, I suppose.” He shrugs, having not much else to add. Melita’s father had been engaged to Sunjata’s sister, and while Melita was not a product of that coupling, she was from Korofi – therefore, Sunjata feeling as though he had some attachment to the girl, had invited her to join his makeshift family. And even still, he wasn’t the favorite uncle. No, Nate held that title now.

She seems to notice the darkening sky, the sunset outside, and he turns a bit to glance out the window as well before his steel gaze lands back on her, a slow dip of his head offered quietly. “I’ll more than likely be here.” He offers with an easy, almost Cheshire smile. It’s not like he went elsewhere anyway, not between having work as the new Governor as well as not having a home. It made the Slagveld the inbetween, his home and work and everything else that came with it.

But she stands to depart and sticks her hand out, Sunjata pushing back from the desk to stand and shake her hand easily. “Have a good night, Aurelia.” He rumbles, that same charming grin spread along his face before watching her depart. He sinks back down into his seat, downs the rest of the glass of alcohol, and pulls out another cigarette – waiting for Nate to get home too.

- FIN <3
that's the story to tell