lucid dreaming
Amalia
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Amalia has no knowledge of the strange pain she has caused Finn. All she knows is that there was a blurry time when she thought that they were close, and now she is adrift, uncertain, floating on the whims of her own anxious thoughts. She does not expect the extended hand, stares at it for a moment before sliding her own within: smaller, calloused, with long slender fingers that reach around his palm.

In a fluid movement Amalia stands, releasing her grasp upon Finn's hand to wipe sand from her dress. His answer is a simple one, but it's accurate, one she can believe in and easily stand behind. "It is," the Shield replies softly, looking up at the Spyglass with a slight half-smile coiled at the edge of her mouth. "But that's not enough of a motivator for most people."

Still, she doesn't press it further, instead turning her face toward town. "You know- I still have her. It. The, the guitar. Maybe when all this is over you can teach me a little more."
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
my demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced
She takes his hand and stands, and for a second their fingers touch. There's a reminder, brief but stark, of being entwined around each other, of fever sweat and talk of things that can't be, and Finn lets her go as quickly as she does him. He resists the urge to wipe his hand as well, for fear that she will think he's wiping away her touch (even if he is, in a way). "Mm, I have found that as well," he says, considering saying that the Order are all about that, really. But are they, from what Finn has learned? (Or thinks he has learned?)

Talk of the guitar brings him back front and centre, Finn's expression softening instantly into something very close to delight. "I would like that very much," he says honestly, nodding to her. "Once this is over, we'll have another lesson." Unbeknownst to the Spyglass, he's about to get swept right back into the Order's clutches, his reprieve brief but freeing, and when he and Amalia meet next, it might not be this rested and quietly confident man who stands before her.
FINN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
It's like a breath of warm air when his expression softens, the smile she's seen so very rarely erasing tired lines and making him boyish, an entirely different man. She mirrors it with her own shy smile, pushing a lock of hair back behind her ear unnecessarily as color floods her cheeks. "It's a date," she agrees in a low murmur, only belatedly realizing the awkwardness of her choice of words.

The flush deepens and Amalia clears her throat, looking away from Finn again. "I, um, I'll walk you to town." She doesn't wait for an answer, but takes a barefoot step towards the distant lights of Haulani and the waiting Inn. "Torchline can be dangerous at night."
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
my demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced
They're both flushing and it's awkward all over again, Finn looking the complete opposite way to Amalia, and he latches on to her remarks and questions like they're a lifeline and he's drowning. Grip on his briefcase tightening a bit, he clears his throat and nods to her. "Sure," he says, about to suggest that she doesn't walk home alone afterwards as well. Finn has been on the receiving end of Torchline's knuckles, and for him it happened in broad daylight.

But then he remembers that she's a demigoddess and that he's just seen her fly, so he decides to swallow that comment back. He'd just end up sticking his foot in his mouth again if he tried. And so they walk away together towards the dancing lights of Haulani, another bond forged, another tentative step taken. But at what cost?

~FINnnnnnn
FINN