seared down to my soul
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Every area has a shrine (their ancestors were meticulous that way, or so it seems), and the Climb’s is in the last tunnel she visits. When Wessex and Loki enter the obsidian engulfed area, the two of them are captivated by the scene it seems to paint; an abandoned place of worship, fire-wrought, a basin for - what? Fire? Blood? “Remind me to stop and take a good look at everything on the way back,” she murmurs to Loki, before making a beeline for the shrine.

First, she takes the time to tidy up the bones, arranging them into a neater (not quite so artistic, but not not artistic) pile; Loki assists with her tail. Sweeping away bits of debris until it looks more abandoned and less neglected. Then the Queen situates herself on her knees and tries to sink into the feeling of the hollowed out black bubble.

“Tanau - if you’re there, I have an urgent issue to ask you about. Please.” there’s a bit of hesitation before she adds, “It’s Wessex, the one your sister sent to help you.” As if that claim might persuade him to appear. If Eirachi has dealt with her, then perhaps he might be willing to as well. Or perhaps she’s the only one currently stupid enough to try and talk to the unknown and unpredictable seasonal Gods.

Well. No reward without any risk.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
TANAU
"I remember you."

The youth stands behind Wessex, rather than before her, gazing up at the arched ceiling overhead. He is shrouded, as before, in colourful flames, but this time there is no screaming, no panic, no blistering pain and chaos. He seems relaxed, in fact, at home in the Climb (which makes sense, given that it is his home).

"My sister did well to send you. Thank you again, for your help. But why do you call me?" he asks, wrinkling his nose. His displeasure is not at Wessex, but rather at the shrine. He does not like this place of shadows and death, hidden underground from the warmth and the light.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
He’s still beautiful, but she is more keenly aware of the danger of his closeness now, than she was when she tried to describe him to the Voice. She turns around to see him, truly see him in this more relaxed environment. The Wraith bobs her head, “Of course.” Freedom is something she strives for, unilaterally. No one should be trapped.

She gets down to it, knowing that the admins deities often appreciate brevity. “Thank you for answering. I have some questions, if you wouldn’t mind answering them. First - have you ever seen or heard of the arch behind the waterfall being used?” Wessex assumes that water is a bad thing - a dangerous thing - for Tanau, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t lurk. Or listen.
the hallelujah

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
TANAU
He gazes over his shoulder at her, molten eyes curious, but he still does not turn to face the Ascended. It is a courtesy, she will find if she decides to move, as the fire is only brighter and hotter where it streams from the core of him. He is listening attentively, however, his eyebrows knotting in confusion as she speaks of the waterfall and what lays behind it.

"The archway behind the Mountain's Roar," he remarks softly, nodding his head. "I know of it, certainly. And I know of the lilies that might be placed there to help cure ailments. I have seen people come and go, but I have not paid enough attention to know whether it has ever been successfully used, I am afraid. It is... not my sort of place, you understand." He smiles, imagining he does not have to explain himself.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“I do,” she replies, feeling more than slightly disappointed, but determined to keep from showing it as her idea disappears in front of her. The chance to help - snuffed out like a light. “Much like your home is not well suited for my kind,” ah, there’s the recovery, the flash of a half-grin.

“Do you know anything about what we pulled from you?” the Wraith asks, all the questions dancing on the tip of her tongue. “All of us that were here with you fell ill and then spread it - but how it affected God, human, and ascended is… terrifying. And amazing. Some might consider you to source of the illness, but that doesn’t seem right...” She’s more or less talking through the problem aloud, hoping that he might be able to shed some light on the mystery behind all of it.

And if he can’t, well - there’s one non-illness question for him that he might be able to help with.
the hallelujah

Change author:
TANAU
Tanau visibly winces at the reminder that he has helped to spread the illness which brings Wessex here now, asking her questions, asking about the waterfall. And it is true pain on his face, to know he is responsible for hurting people, his dark brows knitting together. He rubs at his chest, where the material had been lodged, and shakes his head with the sadness and the frustration of a child. "I do not remember," he says softly. "I have tried, again and again. I was away from here. Away from the Climb. And then I was back, and... you know the rest."

Tanau lets out a sigh. "Why I was away, or what happened to me in that time... it is out of reach. I am sorry I cannot help you more with that. I have never experienced anything like it before." He would turn to face her fully, if not for the light and the heat. "Is there anything more I can do?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“I understand, thank you for trying. Sorry to bring it up again.” Perhaps the got the metal somewhere else, somewhere… not in the Climb? The mystery grows deeper still, but the Queen is not so deterred. He is nothing like his sister, the Wraith decides; he winces at the thought of harming others, is polite, seems willing to talk. It makes sense, of course, that the might be the opposite of the Eirachi if Longheat is a inviting and warm as Deepfrost is deadly and cruel. “There is just one more thing -”

It’s a big ask, she realizes. “In Deepfrost, my kin and I will fight some monsters who have terrorized our home for centuries. Fire is particularly effective against them, and I imagine that your fire might be even more effective. If you’d be willing to help, even just a little, the Ascended and the Hollowed Ground would be in your debt.”
the hallelujah

Change author:
TANAU
"It's alright. I am just... glad, that people are feeling better." Most of them, anyway. And as it turns out, the rest are already gathering lilies. So hopefully this will all work out in the end. At the mention of something else, Tanau almost turns, thinking better of it only at the last second. He considers her request, nodding slowly and letting long fingers play through cherry red flames that lick up his forearm.

"I am no herald," he says, "and I don't have the power to move so freely on a whim. But... the Accepted have the ability to call on spirits and deities. If one were to try to reach me, I may be able to help you." An Accepted, or - unbeknownst to Tanau - an Ascended who has bitten an Accepted.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
She privately wonders how Tanau had moved before, with the metal, if he couldn’t move freely, but she doesn’t say anything. Perhaps it made the consequences of moving freely less important. Though this answer, too, is disappointing, the Wraith still nods in understanding. “Okay. Understood.” It goes on her mental check list - find an accepted open to being bitten and then send… someone to do it. Or something like that.

She can’t decide if she wants to stick around to see what happens at the waterfall - could she save someone, if it all goes wrong? Could she end up getting hurt, herself. Though the heat doesn’t affect her, too much damage would leave her open to any number of fire-based creatures. She sighs softly and nods again. “Thank you. It was kind of you to answer - please be careful with the Trilium - the Arch. There were visions of bloody water beneath it, and I can’t help but be worried.”

Useless warning done, the Ascended stands. “Anything I can do for you before I go?” Perhaps something to do with this space, this shrine, the Climb, perhaps?
the hallelujah

Change author:
TANAU
Tanau, oblivious to the mental gymnastics that the Wraith is going through, merely busies himself with stroking a length of viridian flame that flickers along his arm. The fire around him might well be sentient, for all the ways it hugs and plays about him, and he nods his understanding for care and caution when it comes to the archway behind the Mountain's Roar. "Thank you," he says. "I hope that once this is done, we can move on from all of this."

She asks if there's anything else, and Tanau nearly thrums with delight - not because there is something further Wessex might do for him, but the offer is a kind one. Not one he is used to receiving. "You have already done so much for me," he says. "I will be fine from here. Thank you."

And with a rush of bright fire and brighter light, the Longheat god is gone.

~FIN