Key Quest my duty, my curse
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
The teeth that have punctured her once again are nothing compared to the relief of having freed Tanau, of his declaration that he will get the creature to listen. Nodding at the god's instructions, Amalia moves to join the others in sheltering behind the wall of earth, adding her own hard light construct to the barrier they've built.

As the air heats up and the tides shift further, Amalia reaches for the flask at her hip, uncorking it and gulping down some of the refreshing water from Frey's springs. Her leg is bleeding profusely, the pain dulled by adrenaline but the Shield knows she'll be useless if it isn't healed soon.

------------

Amalia adds her hard light barrier to reinforcing the shelter, and drinks some of the water in her horn of plenty

Type: Grey
Horn of Plenty | Truly magnificent to behold, this minotaur's horn is decorated with a simple amber stone. When filled with liquid, the horn will never run dry - so be careful what you choose to pour in! (contains water from Frey's Breath)

Magic: Light of Vi | Amalia can generate small or medium hard-light constructs which interact physically with the world. Constructs last 1 minute and degrade when damaged.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic
we drink the poison our mind pours for us
and wonder why we feel so sick
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
It probably shouldn't have been a surprise, but Morgan had very rarely seen Gods in the flesh and for a second was transfixed by the sight of Tanau, the energy used to hold up the water all she could respond with as he left the waterfall. As he said to keep cover, though, she listened to that; the soldier in her knew not to ignore it.

"Take shelter!" She shouted, though it seemed that Deimos and Wessex had already taken note. Morgan dived behind Deimos' shelter; she didn't have anything she could use to assist in the reinforcement of the structure, but looking across the sight of blood caught her eyes. "Amalia needs healing." She told Deimos, seeing Zuriel stood by - the unicorn would be more effective than anything she could do.

---

Morgan goes to hide in Deimos' shelter with everyone else. Seeing Amalia's leg, she tells Deimos that she needs healing.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
In every encounter (read: most encounters), there is an obvious answer, like stabbing the thing to death. But then sometimes there's a slightly less bloody way about it. The gentleman's answer, or something equally as stupid sounding. Either way, as all members of the party take cover behind an earthen shield, bolstered by magical re-resonance and hard light constructs; as Tanau streaks across the pool of water, rounding on the leviathan and wreathed in colourful fire, you've only gone and bloody done it.

You've found your gentleman's answer.

From behind the shield the group will feel the heat and see vestiges of blazing crimsons, greens, pinks and all other colours of the rainbow. They'll feel it, too, as searing water and flame batters against their hidey hole, as Tanau says something they can't quite hear, and even if they could make it out, it's not in anything that sounds human. And there's an answer, the Leviathan shrieking and grating something in return, punctuated by a rippling, obnoxious sounding growl... and silence.

When the group emerges, it will be to the waterfall roaring as usual, to the pool steaming and still bubbling, to the retreating shape of the Leviathan into the deep, deep depths. And Tanau stands on the shore, beaming and cheerful, and raises a hand to wave at them. "I guess that's that, then!" he chirps.

Smarty pantses! You've succeeded in completing the KQ without bloodshed! (Won't Vi be pleased, Amalia ?) Along with receiving credit for this KQ, scattered along the shore, you also come across the following...

Leviathan Scale | A large, razor sharp scale which gleams a burnished steel colour. This may be useful for armour or weapons!

(There is one scale for each of you - these have been added to your inventory by the admin).

Aura of the Waterfall: Should the archway need to be used again, if any of the participants of the KQ are present, it will not draw the attention of the Leviathan.

WELL DONE EVERYONE! Please leave a parting post - no order.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
death, you bring death and destruction to all that you touch
Truth be told, Deimos had always been used to the blunter, more nuanced answers of death and destruction. It’d been common place in Isilme, in Helovia, to broaden kingdoms and ranges with enough violence, vehemence, and vitriol to accomplish the tasks, to break things apart, to render them victorious or vanquished. But in Caido, as he was very, very slowly learning, there were other options.

Around the makeshift shelter were arrays of gods’ works, and while he remained ducked down, while Zuriel attempted to heal Amalia’s leg, there were blinding hues and streaks of vestiges, ethers, that reminded him of the Basin auroras. He could only catch it on the reflections of walls, out of the corners of his eyes. Curiosity was a vibrant, malicious thing coiled in the back of his mind, craving to know exactly what transpired, what occurred, from outside the shelter, but safety kept him grounded, there, until the shrieking, the growling, ceased, and the fire god waved in their direction.

Reappearing, layering and lacquering the ground back to where it had belonged, he blinked at the normalcy. As if nothing had transpired. As if there’d been no monsters. No scales rippling through flesh. He could only shake his head, snort, and wonder what they’d been doing this entire time. “Thank you,” the monolith murmured and uttered towards Tanau, glances continuously sent towards the pool, before crouching down to pick up a remaining scale, the serrated edges carefully placed in his calloused palm.

And with that, there seemed to be naught else – Zuriel gliding after, those mended from the affliction right and whole again – piercing eyes sliding to Amalia for a moment, before nodding to everyone in turn, and hastening back to the mountains.

--

Zuriel attempts to heal Amalia, and then Deimos out! Thank you admin!
DEIMOS
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
For a while the fight had seemed fruitless and Morgan had been near-sure that she, or some other member of the party, was to be injured; thankfully, it seemed that Tanau had sway over the Leviathan that they didn't (the kind that Amalia wished she had, Morgan thought dryly). Coming out from behind the shelter she saw that the danger was gone, the leviathan leaving to the distance and Tanau cheerfully declaring the fight over.

Well, that was anti-climatic, but she wasn't about to complain.

For a while they walked about the shore, the scales of the Leviathan attractive enough to warrant a slightly longer stay, but soon enough she was ready to go home and try some target practice, quite unsatisfied with the work she had done. After wishing each of the rest of the team well, she and Deimos headed back to the Citadel, ready to recover.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Fire flares around the cavern, and then as quickly as it bloomed the heat subsides, leaving a bright young god standing in the middle of the cave and four startled mortals all by and large unscathed. Zuriel's ministrations earn a grateful scratch behind the ears, the Shield glancing at the Sword, words unsaid on the tip of her tongue. She swallows them though, settling for a pulse of affectionate gratitude before turning away.

She waits for the others to depart, picking up a scale on her way and offering pious gratitude to Tanau. But there is work to be done now that she is well, and Amalia does not linger. Extending her wings as she leaves the cave, the Shield sets off for the Halo and home - temporary and uncertain as that may be.
we drink the poison our mind pours for us
and wonder why we feel so sick
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
It’s over far more quickly than Wessex imagined it might be, with a flare of heat and light that makes her fingers tingle. As the group resurfaces from their earthen barrier, little is said to each other - their group as easily fractured as it was brought together. The demigod smiles as Tanau chirps cheerfully at them, irrationally pleased with how amiable his compared to his sister, and that they all escaped unharmed. She gives him a little wave and a bow, as if to say both thank you and I’m glad you’re all right, before noticing something shiny on the ground. Hmmm. The Wraith picks it up, puts it in her pocket, and then follows the rest of them out of the cavern, going only a few steps before vanishing into the air.

{Fin}
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX