one of the good ones
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Of that I have no doubt," Vai says of the fortress, sounding absolutely certain about that. "Given that it's in the side of a cliff, too, I would hope it would be a little less... flammable?" She raises her eyebrows at him, though the playfulness in them suggests that she absolutely doesn't blame anyone for the unfortunate accident that happened with the old house.

They sit in comfortable silence, the smoke curling above them and the sounds of the boxing ring distant even though they can't be more than a few feet from the next fight. Then Sunjata announces that he's a dragon, Vai's jaw dropping in delighted surprise, and she leans her elbows on her knees as she leans forward a bit, like she'll be able to see the creature working beneath his skin.

"So that's what it was," she breathes, as if something has finally clicked. "When you were sick and I brought Nate to see you, you were covered in this armour I'd never seen before. I couldn't place it, but... fuck, Sunny. That's damn impressive. I'll keep an eye on the skies for you."
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood

Exactly.” Sunjata chimes, a boyish grin spreading along his face. It was an accident, something that they didn’t want to happen again. Would be far more difficult if the walls were made of stone versus the wood of the previous home. He’s glad she’s on the same page, specifically when it came to the playfulness he offers her.

A few moments pass and Sunjata’s burned through a bit of the cigarette by now, a light smirk crossing his face as her jaw drops. “That’s the first time I felt it.” He admits, eyes glittering with mischief. He pulls once more from the cigarette, putting it out in the ashtray as he lets the large black wings expand and appear from his back, unfurling with the tip of the joint edged in a sharp claw. “It’s big.” He pauses, leveling her a playful look. “You wanna see it?
i can tell just what you want // you don't want to be alone
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Vai's mischievous smile matches Sunjata's, and she tosses him a playful salute as if to say she's most definitely on the same page with him when it comes to making sure his house does not catch fire. She tucks a stray curl behind her ear, blue eyes roving over the huge wings that spread from his shoulders, and she hates to say it but it fucking suits him. Then he slants a grin her way and makes a quip about the size of the shift that has her eyebrows raising and a hand dramatically fluttering to her chest.

"Sunjata," she hisses, already clambering to her feet because duh, of course she wants to see a fucking dragon. "That is not the sort of thing you are supposed to speak to me about - you have a husband." She's already ushering him out of his chair at this point, nudging at the wings and tugging at his ear like that will encourage him.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
And I can taste it, it's my sweet beginning
She uses his entire first name and Sunjata can’t help the smirk that crosses his face with it, wings fluttering, amusement lingering in his gaze. “That’s never stopped me before.” He chimes, clearly amused with himself, before she’s tugging at him to stand and he barks out a bit of laughter, tucking his wings in behind him tight so when they walk through the Slagveld nobody will walk into them.

She nudges the wings and grabs his ear, pulling and tugging him with little success until he gives into her, following her down and outside. “The beach is probably more appropriate.” He doesn’t think thr residents in Haulani would appreciate a bus sized dragon appearing in the small alley. So he guides her to the beach, breaking away from her, wings flaring. “Ready?” Already out there on the sands, the armor plates up on him, his body increasing in size and shifting until a large black dragon stands among the pale sands, steel eyes focused on Vai, head lowering toward her to nudge her with his nose.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Gross." Vai's tone is exceedingly sunny in response to his remark - precisely the sort of retort one would expect from a blood relative, or someone in a similar position. So she drops a kiss onto his hair (the only time it's possible given that he's seated and she isn't) and leads them out of the Slagveld, eyeing the fighters as they stroll on by. "Do you think you could teach me to box, if I teach you how to shoot a bow?" she inquires with a grin. "Or am I a little beyond help in that sense?"

Maybe it would be better for Zeph to try and teach her - they're both old people compared to the balls of testosterone (yes, you included Sunjata) bouncing around the ring.

But then they're on the beach, Vai padding out onto the sand and whirling about expectantly to see Sunjata shift and oh boy, it doesn't disappoint. The shadow from his dragon form dwarfs her in the sand, the witch's head craning up to regard him, all armour plated scales and massive wings and rose of teeth--

And a nose that boops her. "Holy shit," she breathes, her hand coming to rest on the dragon's snout, eyebrows raising at the very Sunjata look in the beast's eyes. "You're going to need a bigger house," she informs him seriously.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I can certainly try. Can’t make any promises.” He offers to her, nudging her with an elbow as they make their way out of the Slagveld and toward the beaches. It doesn’t take long for him to shift, but when he does and he effectively ‘boops’ her with his nose, there’s a playful look in his eye as her hand rests on his snout. Her comment of the house does manage to bring a snort from him, a puff of air blasting toward her, his head tilting in a gesture that almost seems to say “A big fucking house, you betcha”, before a thought forms in his mind.

He pulls his head away from her hand, lowering himself into the sand so he’s laying upon it, wings ruffling as he tucks them in tight. He turns his head then, trying to nudge her in the direction of climbing onto his back, into the space where his neck meets his body, where flares of fins that help navigate the air could be used to hold onto. All the while, peering at her with that amused glimmer to his eyes, perhaps a hint of a challenge that lingers within.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Now there's no need for that, dragon breath," Vai informs him as he huffs at her, the force of the air ruffling her curls. Suddenly the dragon is flattening to the ground like a pup wanting to play, though, and it's only the nudge towards the ridges between neck and wings that has the witch realising what Sunjata intends. "Shut up," she says bluntly, as she's faced with the prospect of receiving a piggy back from the Flood that she never expected.

But Vai is a wild spirit at heart, and with the logic Zeph busy elsewhere, there's no stopping her from doing something insane and fun and stupid. "Okay." She grins, the word sighed out in her excitement, and she hoists herself easily up and onto armoured scales and clever hand-holds. "If you drop me I expect to be caught!" She calls down to him, already prepped and ready for the flight.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A rumble vibrates through him as if he’s rolling his eyes at Vai, but he flattens to the ground, large head nudging her into the crook along his spine above his wings. Her ‘shut up’ is met with a glimmer in his steel gaze of pure and utter amusement. He’s not joking, wouldn’t have offered it if it weren’t for some part of him wanting to pay her back for lunch, for caring for him, for all the shit he had pulled while ill.

But she climbs up and once she’s grabbed onto his fins, once he’s sure she’s secure; he rumbles some sound that might appear like some sort of agreement. He’d catch her, absolutely. So he sits up now, moving to stand, tail sweeping along the sand and his wings flaring and stretching, getting a sense of what it was like to have her there whether it would impact him at all. It doesn’t, and he turns out over to the ocean, haunches tensing before he launches them into the sky, low across the water at first just in case she loses her grip.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
So, it's one thing to climb onto a dragon's back, and it's another entirely to fly with one. The rumble Sunjata gives her seems to vibrate right through the fucking beach, and as he sits up she tenses her body in preparation. The Flood won't know this, but her family had bred horses for a living, and so this isn't all to different to what she's already grown up with. (Except it absolutely is massively different). And then he's shooting up into the air, the witch's scream of shock and delight lost in the updraft.

Then they level out and she sits up a bit, holding on tightly but having to resist the urge to instantly let go, to see how it felt to really fly. "Fuck," she breathes, elated and grinning, and around them her magic whips up a storm, offering air currents for Jata to ride and play with.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He can only imagine what it must be like, hearing the scream of surprise and delight, drowned out by the rushing air around them. His wings pump further, leathery membranes feeling the push and pull of the wind that bounces and adjusts them. So he adjusts too, banking on a warmer wind, pushing off of it to bank on the next in a playful game of zigzagging.

He travels along the air like this, a back and forth, for a small amount of time before he extends his wings and pulls upward, drifting toward Aumakua now that he’s sure she won’t fall off, banking a circle around the lighthouse before giving her an aerial view of the old governor's house, the dots of Haulani’s populace milling about the streets as Sunjata’s form casts a great shadow over it.
SUNJATA
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
Fearless almost to the point of stupidity, it's either trust or idiocy that has Vai loosening her grip on Sunjata, leaning over his wing joint to watch the racing waves, the darkness of his shadow along the water. She can only imagine what it must be like for those on the shore - unsettling at first, but very quickly becoming a reassurring sight. Because Torchline is a land guarded by a dragon now - and who the fuck wouldn't want that?

They bank towards the Aumakua and she sits up a bit, settling and adjusting to the way the dragon moves, the way wings flex and scales ripple, and she guides her magic around as well to ensure the flight is as smooth as it can be for the both of them. Lips parting in awe to see her old home and the rugged cliffsides, a hand comes up to shade her eyes as they turn towards the jewel of Haulani. "This is incredible," she whispers. There's no way he'll hear her, but the words tumble out nonetheless.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

It’s a smooth ride, wind kicking up around them, the dark shadows blotting out the sun over the grasses and buildings they glide over. And it isn’t until they’ve banked near the Port that Sunjata begins his descent. He aims for the very same beach they had taken off from, slowing the best he can as not to jostle Vai any, especially when all four legs hit the sand and he tucks in his wings tight along his back.

A few moments of heavy breathing for the Flood, lowering himself to the sand so she might be able to slip off of him before he shifts back, taking whatever time is needed. And before long, Sunjata shifts back, stomach to the sand, pushing himself up in a half push-up, to get up on his feet again from his knees. “What’d you think?” He asks her, still a bit winded, armor plates remaining on his skin, the wings still tucked in tight along his back.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
It's over almost as soon as it's begun, and Vai barely remembers to tuck herself in smaller as Sunjata moves to land, holding on tight to stop from tumbling off and getting a mouthful of sand. And they hit the beach without issue, the witch not having realised she's holding her breath until the dragon is flattening down to let her clamber off. With legs like jelly and a grin she can't wipe off, Vai looks suddenly very young and very dumb, like a kid who's snuck out at night to do something stupid.

Then Sunjata is back on two feet and Vai is beaming at him too breathlessly ectastic and speechless at first to vocalise exactly what she thinks. Eventually there's just delighted laughter, and she moves in to scrunch her nose and give his cheek a playful pinch. "That," she says, "is one hell of a parlour trick, Sunny. Look at you!" If she sounds proud, it's because she absolutely is.
and the sun
will rise
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

He’s standing now and she looks giddy and flushed from the whip of the wind, the excitement radiating off of her. It brings a wide grin to his face, remaining even as she approaches and pinches his cheek, a playful roll of his eyes given back to her. “It breathes lightning.” He comments, of the dragon shift that lingers in his skin, reaching forward to tug Vai into him so he might hug her.

I think it’s a bit ironic, considering.” When she’d saved his life, when his heart had almost burst, indeed the scars still span the length of his chest and his arms, little fingers edging closer and closer to his heart. “Part of me can’t wait to try it out on something.” He admits, an edge of that predator lingering beneath, searching for a fight. As it was now, though, he was safe and Torchline was safe and that’s all that truly mattered.