sore hearts
Nate
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
to heal a wound, you need to stop touching it
Vai listens, giving him as much time as he needs to speak or move the conversation on, and her eyebrows rise at the pretense of bitch work. "He sounds like quite the delight," she says, shifting to rise to her feet with the empty bowl, moving over to the sink behind the counter so she can wash up. "He is a good guy," she agrees, her voice warming as they speak of Zeph. The dockhand certainly wasn't to everyone's taste, but he had a heart of gold.

The way she glances across at him says that no, he certainly did not in response to whatever the end of his sentence is going to be. But Vai is smiling crookedly, her expression telling that she'll be taking this matter up with Zeph personally, rather that prying more at Nate. "Borrow a kitchen, huh? I think I can arrange that," she says cheerfully. Little does he know, by the time he and Jata return from their honeymoon, they might just have a kitchen to play with already.

"Thanks, for lunch. You're a lifesaver - I didn't think I would have time today."
Vervain
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Always running his mouth, yeah he's got a few scars
Something that is trying very hard to be a laugh huffs out of Nate, his jaw working as he swallows. "He was fucking something." He shakes his head, lips curling in a final show of disgust before he manages to swallow it all down, focusing instead on Vai. The fact that she washes out the dish brings a smile to his face, warmer and more genuine.

Maybe he should feel worse for potentially getting the smuggler in trouble, but he doesn't. Nate matches the grin aimed back at him, leaning back and rolling his shoulders. It wasn't like it had been bad, after all. Wasn't like anything had happened. "You're a gem, you know that?" Already, there are plans running through his head, daydreams to occupy him through the long, lonely hours of the night.

"Anytime Vai, really." Nate pulls himself to his feet, stretching when he gets there, and steps behind the counter, an arm wrapping around her waist and leading her to the door. "I'll keep an eye on things the rest of the day. Go take a break." No matter how warm the rumble is, there is very clearly no room for argument, Nate's stubborn mind already set. He turns Vai out into the sunny streets of Haulani, lingering a touch too close to the beans of sunlight as he waves her away. "I'll see you soon."

Fin~
NATE