imagining a life along the shore
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Age: 25 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Mro..ddy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
A love song like no other
There was nothing Tenor enjoyed more than lurking in the waters, watching the mouth breathers as they went about their life. Usually Tenor would spend his days talking with the locals, preparing another ballad to sing for his people. Today though he just wanted to watch. The breeze flowing through his sea drenched hair, in a way he felt like he was there with them. Playing with the children on the beach, or dancing with the older mouth breathers.

Tenor wanted nothing more than to be able to walk. To see the world of the mouth breathers for himself. Tenor felt alive through second-hand experiences. Feeling the adrenaline rush when strangers would tell him about their journey. He heard rumours about his kind being able to walk alongside the mouth breathers, but he'd never met a mermaid who could. For now it was all a pipe dream.

He'd have to settle for now. Only being able to peer into part of the world of the mouth breathers. It had been awhile since Tenor came to the coast. He spent a lot of his time by the ports, interesting people were always coming and going there. The coast though, it had a more natural feel to it. The people here always seemed to be having good-hearted fun. He'd like to imagine what kind of lives they lived.

A couple, not much older than Tenor caught his eye. They laid on the beach whispering sweet nothings into each others ears. Something Tenor could never do. He'd try once, to lay on the beach, but the sand dried up his scales too quickly and it was uncomfortable. Tenor wasn't a stranger to romance, his looks were something many fawned over. He'd seduced many mouth breathers, but when they realized he wasn't like them, they all left.

One day he would have someone to whisper his own sweet nothings to. Someone to live out the love stories he wrote with. He just wasn't sure when that day would be.

Delta
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Delta had surfaced to inspect the shore, see if there was any activity. Unfortunately, there was. She'd be willing to be chatty if not for how crowded the area seemed. Right now, her goal was to look for some treasures for potential selling. If she could find someone's lost compass before, then surely she could do the same for other people. Maybe it'd earn her some good objects!

All of this was shoved to the side when she noticed a merman, gawking at a couple of leg-walkers on the shore. Tilting her head, she swam over towards him. Isn't it weird to watch them? I mean... isn't that how they be intimate? Yeah there was more to it, but the two seemed awfully close. Humans were silly and did dumb things, so maybe they'd be dumb enough to be fully intimate on a beach in public. They don't seem very interesting to me anyways, they're just sitting there. Delta liked to watch humans moving and living their daily lives, not sleeping around.
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Age: 25 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
Tenor wasn't expecting the voice inside his head. He'd never had someone watch him, watching the mouth breathers before. The singer looked around to find the source. It wasn't hard to see Delta. He'd never met the princess himself before, but he had seen her in passing. What's so wrong about watching people be intimate? Is our princess truly as innocent as they say? Tenor's eyes lingered on Delta, she was much more beautiful up close.

It wasn't about them being interesting. Yes, they were just cuddling on the beach, nothing extreme - but it warmed his heart. Don't you want that? To be able to relax after a long day with someone you care about? That's at least something Tenor wanted for himself, but maybe the princess had her own goals.

Tenor shook his head, sending water droplets flying everywhere, he gave Delta a sly wink. If they're not exciting to you, who is? Tenor motioned with his arm, making sure to flex while doing so. Which mouth breather would you watch?
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Like Tenor, Delta recognized him, but absolutely couldn't place his name at this time. There weren't a whole ton of merfolk so it was easy to recognize faces, but she hadn't really gotten the chance to get to know a ton of them too deeply.

The merman makes a rather offputting comment and Delta scrunches up her nose. No, I just don't think this is something that should be done in public. It feels far... I don't know, more special, when done in private. Delta wasn't disgusted by it, not really. She just didn't understand why they'd want it to be in full view of everyone else. Didn't that ruin the moment?

It turns out that the unknown merman was quite a lovey dovey kind of person. Going on and on about how much he loved romance and all of this. I never said I didn't like it... I just don't understand the human aspect of love... I know so little and it isn't exactly something I'd just ask someone about. Like Delta had said, while she is deeply curious, those things felt private and Delta didn't want to take that away from someone. It was a sense of respect she had, in her eyes.

Ah yes, so the merman did get excited. A little weird, but okay. Sure. I like... watching merchants and people playing games... like playing with balls! Imagine if we could have the bouncy ones! They always float to the top and the only time they sink is if there's a hole... Her voice trails off and clearly, she's sad about this. What a shame!
DELTA
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Change author:
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
In private. What a concept. Why hide your love for someone. Isn't love something you'd want to share with the world? I know I'd love to serenade my partner. If he had one, that is. But Tenor had no so luck. Love was an accomplishment to Tenor, something that only the best could achieve. After hard work, and careful attention you'd win the heart of your partner. It's how every love story he ever sang went, the warriors or leaders would triumph and then return home to find their loved one waiting.

Cute, and fun. Tenor eyed Delta again, the way her eyes lit up when she talked about the balls amused him. She may be a year older than Tenor, but you would never know that. That sounds... Sad. Tenor laughed. Why worry yourself with sad things when you can think about happy things?

The merman pointed to a different section of the coast, where kids were chasing after each other. What do you think they're playing? He'd seen the younger mouth breathers chasing each other around countless times before. He never really understood it though.
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
A light shrug. It wasn’t something Delta had really considered, far from it. She... wasn’t someone who fantasized her potential romantic partner. Fuck.... she wasn’t even sure if she wanted one or what they’d be. Did she like men? Women? Neither? Both? It was a lot and if only Tenor knew how much was running through that brain all thanks to his short comment. ”I’m... not sure... I’d want to do other romantic gestures, maybe. Like... little presents that remind me of them.” She did like hugs, but would she want it to be in public? Gods, she wasn’t sure.

Tenor continues to be extremely optimistic and she finds herself tilting her head. ”I don’t know... I just wish I could play with one. Envy is so bad, but I have it.” It wasn’t ladylike of her to be so open with her envy, it wasn’t even princess like. She needed to become better, desperately.

He proposes a question and she watches for a moment. ”Maybe they’re racing?” Delta heard from a human that they race and stuff. So maybe that’s it.
DELTA
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Change author:
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
Delta was closer now as the pair watched the mouth breathers. Her voice was soft. Which was to be expected from a princess Tenor thought. She had a simple beauty to her. Delta wasn't as in your face about her looks as some of the other merfolk, but behind her giggles and innocence it was there.

Envy. Something that Tenor knew all too well. Much like his princess he felt envy for the mouth breathers. Though his envy was entangled in something far less light-hearted. He was jealous of their life style. The way they were free to roam the world without looking back. "You're not at all like I expected you to be." It was the truth. Tenor had thought the princess might be stuck-up, or better... in some way. But she was just like him, just like the rest of the merfolk. She was flawed.

Tenor pulled the princess in close. Their faces only an inch apart. How does this make you feel, princess? Tenor's eyes locked onto Delta's. Does it make you want to flee?

The merman let go of Delta with a chuckle. "Or maybe just maybe you liked it." He gave her a sly wink. Tenor's gaze glanced back out to the coast. "What I wouldn't do to spend a day walking across the sand."
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The mermaid tilts her head to the side. "What do you mean? How am I different?" That could be either a good thing or a bad one. Maybe she proved to be far better than he thought or maybe she was bad. Delta sure hoped it was a positive outlook, she sure needed more positive attention.

A hand is placed on her and she is pulled in close. Eyes widen and her face flushes as the two are held extremely close together. No. It didn't make her want to flee- no, no that wasn't the right term. You hardly even know me- so I doubt I'd be able to tell how I actually feel. Maybe Delta was trying to ignore the truth or maybe she simply felt nothing. It was hard to find the words and... she wasn't sure what to say. How does it make you feel? So she pushed the question back onto him.

Once released she moves back a bit, clasping her hands behind her back, cheeks painted with a light pink. "I heard we can someday walk on sand... I don't know what causes it but it suddenly happens... but I cant do it." Might as well distract by informing him.
DELTA
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Change author:
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
Tenor's smirk only grew as he watched Delta's cheeks turn a familiar rose colour. Everything about the princess screamed innocence - part of Tenor wanted to see just how far he could push it. Though a much smaller part found it endearing.

He brushed his right hand through his hair. How did it make me feel? Ha. Wouldn't you like to know. Tenor flung his head back, water droplets going everywhere. The princess was cute, but he wasn't searching for love. For Tenor it was always in the chase, and in the pride he felt when he won at his little games. Sooner or later you're going to have to decide how you feel, princess. I'm sure daddy doesn't want his daughter to be single forever.

Her words sparked the kid inside of him. Being able to one day walk along the shore? That would be a dream. But if even the King's daughter doesn't know how we can do it... What hope is there for the rest of us. Tenor stopped staring into Delta's eyes to look back at the shore once more. How had his people not unlocked the secret yet? Did they not even care?

Would you want to? Walk along the shore that is. To feel the sand between your... toes?
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Looking into his eyes, Delta leaned forward ever so slightly. It isn't very fair of you to ask me without offering the same in return if you ask me. This man was interesting and Delta wanted to learn far, far more. The following comment didn't exactly help her confusion, not at all. I do understand my feelings, trust me... love isn't everything and I'd much rather be careful with that sort of thing. Love was something Delta wanted to take slow.

With her mom gone, there weren't many people she could go to for advice. Her father was always so busy and her love life was too petty of a thing to bother him with. It meant she didn't really know how to handle it. Being a Princess also made her think she couldn't exactly experiment. Besides... who says I'm going to remain single?

Tenor goes to a different place, his confidence dropping significantly. I thought you were confident? I mean... it is possible, you know. I'm sure we can figure it out somehow. Why be so sad? Just stay optimistic.

He proposes another question and Delta tilts her head to the side. Maybe... there's other stuff I'd like to do... I wanna pet a cat or a dog. Or really all the fluffy animals. I also... want to try more human food. It was obvious Delta had other priorities than Tenor. She wanted to try more things, for sure.
DELTA
Tenor Ebb
Bard

Change author:
TENOR
Let me serenade you with
Tenor bit into his lip as Delta stared at him. He offered her a joyful wink. I don't remember saying it would be a fair trade. A question for a question, isn't the game I want to play. Tenor gently splashed at the princess. But this once? A kiss is just a kiss. You don't need to search for emotion on someone's lips. Tenor sang of love stories, but he didn't need love himself. The fun was in the game, not the prize.

Delta was too innocent for Tenor. From the smile, to her words, to the thoughts she gave him. Everything about Delta screamed innocence. If you have to ask, then we both know the answer is you. You're the only one holding yourself back Princess.

And now she was there to cheer him up. She really was a princess. Tenor let out a soft laugh. Hard to be so confident all of the time. Can't have the ladies thinking I'm a cocky jerk, now can I? But watching the kids run across the shore, he knew he wouldn't be truly happy until he could join them.

Tenor had hoped that maybe she atleast had the same dream as he did. But even that was a wash. Looking back at the Princess, he gave a slight sigh. Even her desires in life were childlike. How fun. I'm sure you'll get there one day.
Little will you know
It'll be our story
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
A small pout, one that Delta is putting on for show. It's simply to help her play around a bit more. What's the fun in not going with it? Before she could respond, he started singing. Her eyes widened ever so slightly and she leans back, clearly surprised. Only when he is done does she speak. "Where- you sang. Why? Where did you learn that song?" And why one about kissing? They hadn't kissed.

Unknown to Delta, she thought of herself as rather grown up and not childlike at all. Yeah, she didn't talk about sex and love-making constantly, so what? "Trust me, I am not holding myself back. That implies that I want to race and find love. What's the harm and relaxing? Taking things slow? You're acting like it's a bad thing." There's nothing wrong with her wanting to take her time to find love... right?

Tenor is hopeful and it earns a small smile on Delta's face. "I hope so- I mean... it is hard to get the opportunity to do a lot of it. I'm not super close to many humans and it feels rude to ask so much of them." She already had pushed many boundaries asking to pet them in their shifts- and now looking back, it probably was the wrong thing to do. At this point, she chose to only accept what was immediately offered or if she had something equal to offer back in return.

Fin
DELTA