Flux and Flow
for Delta
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles and shards of glass
The morning air had been cool and clear, promising weather for a jog up the beach. She'd been eyeing the sands since she woke up earlier, just as the sun had dawned over the ocean. So, Aurelia finished helping a few of the crew members and branched off towards the empty beach. She spent several minutes stretching out and simply walking along. However, the cool air would not last forever and she knew that. It wasn't long before she was jogging, parallel to the ocean waves as they ebbed and flowed.

By the time Aurelia felt tired, she hadn't realized just how far she'd gone. The beach seemed to roll on forever. Realizing that, she turned around to see how far the docks were. They were pretty far, small against the bright horizon. Sweat had soaked through in patches on her clothes. Running like this was normal for her but, for some reason, it didn't feel like it. The way back should've been an easy feat. Instead, she flopped down into the sand, panting and out of breath.

"What.. is.. wrongwithme?" she spoke aloud between breaths.

There was no one around to hear her, though. She glanced around, up and down the beach and even through the treeline. Upon seeing no one, she shrugged off her sweater. Underneath she was wearing only a tanktop. She stood up and approached the edge of the waves, unbuckling the belt around her waist and pulling her pants off. (She's wearing underwear - dw)

Aurelia walked out onto a cluster of rocks that reached out into the deeper parts of the sea, creating a kind of cove. Looking down into the water, she scanned it for any movement or rocks below the surface. This pool was rather shallow, she realized in disappointment. The bottom was covered in brightly colored stones, which was interesting. But Aurelia had other ideas than rock-hunting. She made her way over to the edge of the rock wall that was closer to the outer ocean. Seeing nothing of concern, she took a deep breath and dove in.

It had been a long, long time since she'd gone swimming, and never in an ocean. The water was deep and foreboding, but it was oh so cool against her hot skin. Kicking out her legs in swift motions, she brought her head above the surface with a small gasp.

I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Ignoring the fact that this took too long...

Delta is cursed!

And it freaking sucks.

She wants to talk to people so bad and it's honestly kind of terrifying. There isn't exactly an easy way to communicate- far from it. It feels like she's kind of trapped, simple stuck with this new way of being. It'll take a lot to get used to and who knows, maybe she could find a Priest to talk to the Gods with her to fix this.

Otherwise? Nothing else to do to fix this fuck up, all Delta could do was live on.

And live on she did.

Delta was out for a swim when she saw a human figure in the water- oh! How fun!

Swimming on up, Delta's tail ever so slightly brushes up against the girl's legs (by accident, obviously) before popping up her head. A small smile was on her face and she offered the girl a wave.
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity
perhaps wisdom is realizing how small I am, and unwise
Aurelia was just about to dip down below the surface again, to try to see what was beneath the waves, when suddenly something rubbed against her leg. Something big. Panic made her limbs move before her thoughts could. Snaking her feet out from under her, she whirled around in the water. One of her hands came up in self-defense, to push away any attacking marine animals there might be around her.

Seeing it was actually just another girl, Aurelia blinked in surprise. "Whoa, where did you come from?" Her green eyes glanced down and she spotted the red and white, dangling fins protruding from the other girl's waist.

Aurelia's eyes widened and she slowly back-peddled in the water, until her shoulder bumped against a rock and she clambered up onto it backwards. Pointing down through the waves, all she could manage to say was: "Where the fuck are your legs!?"
and how far I have yet to go
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Eyes stare forward as Delta realizes- she... doesn’t know how to communicate. Zero idea. She points down at the water at the first question, hoping to say that she came from, ya know, under the water. It was kinda obvious but also easy to misunderstand. All would be good so long as the girl knew about merfolk.

And of FUCKING COURSE.

She didn’t.

She didn’t know what mermaids were as she instantly started panicking.

Delta’s own eyes widen and she holds up her hands, mouthing the word Wait! she then moves a few feet back and floats on her back, allowing her tail to be very visible from the surface. Hopefully that’d be a good explanation-
DELTA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
maybe that's enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity
perhaps wisdom is realizing how small I am, and unwise
No, of fucking course not. Why would Aurelia know a damn thing about mermaids? Well, maybe if she thinks back on stories from when she was a child, she could remember something about them. That's not really the same as knowing they're a real thing, though, and in the moment her mind doesn't manage to go back to that far-off memory.

She stilled her heavy breaths for a moment, kneeling over the rock as the ocean waves lulled against it. So she waited, dark brows threading together in confusion and expectancy as the strange girl displayed her very large tailfin. No legs, just a big tail.

Aurelia's shoulders slumped down after a few moments. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised," she sighed, "I'm sorry, I've just never seen... a mermaid before. I'm not from here, in case you couldn't tell." She offered an apologetic half-smile, eyes darting up to see the girl's reaction.

"My name's Aurelia. You are...?"
and how far I have yet to go
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
The mermaid frowned. This was... hard. She pointed to her mouth and her throat. Seeing as she was literally incapable of speaking AT ALL she had to communicate through mouthing things. It wasn't great and most people wouldn't understand, but hey, she was trying! I CANT TALK It was so unfortunate- the girl was already so overwhelmed and she was asking so many things and saying so much and they were in the water and-

Now Delta was overwhelmed!

A soft sigh and Delta shakes her head. IM SORRY She once more mouths before diving back into the water, disappearing into the depths and swimming off, her face with a dark red from embarrassment. Talk about humiliating...

FIN
DELTA