{SE} I thought I was done with lectures
Seasonal thread 1
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray's heart races with adrenaline as she and Milo put some distance between themselves and the specter. As Milo yells at the being, Ray observers it carefully. She memorizes every detail of its appearance that she can, hoping that she can figure out what this creature is at later date. When its not basically threatened their lives and scaring the fuck out of them that is.

When the creature replies to her inquiries, Ray shivers and puts that information away for later use. "Cool." She manages to squeak out somehow, shocking herself when her voice only mildly shakes. When the specter vanishes again, Ray's hackles raise. "Oh fuck." She takes in their surroundings warily. Where did that fucker go?!?

Ray nods her head vigorously to Milo. "Absolutely. Let's get the hell out of here. And keep your eyes peeled. Who knows if that thing will show up again." Ray said grimly, her voice shaking slightly. Her heart was still pounding in her ears.

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
drinking champagne from the fire escape, watching all my troubles rain down
Adrenaline is one hell of a feeling, one that pumps through him as he calls out to the figure when it disappears, as Ray agrees that they could leave now. He puffs out a brief, feigned, sigh of relief. “Fer the love’a Ludo.” He curses, taking Ray’s arm if she lets him, if only to try and make sure they don’t get parted if the specter shows again.

I fuckin’ hope it doesn’t.” He offers, grimly, jaw clenching as he moves down the beach back toward the Port and Haulani, trying to gain as much distance between them and where the specter had last been seen. “M’ guessin’ the ghosts ya saw weren’t like that one, huh?” She hadn’t seemed rattled when he stumbled across her, not in that way at least. Perhaps it was because as she’d mentioned before, the figure had been familiar.

This ghostly spirit seemed to have no familiarity to Milo that he could tell, but he hasn’t tried to think on it too much.
everyone i know's got somewhere to go
I'm here with my head in the clouds
MILO
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ray let Milo grab her as she was worried about them being separated  too. The idea of one of them having to face the specter alone did not appeal to her. Ray eagerly followed as they got closer to the port. "Fuck no. The ones I saw were people I loved. And they didn't act like that specter did. It was disorienting to see them, emotional too. But not fucking terrifying like that  shadow thing." Ray explained, still coming down from the adrenaline.

"I mean, what the fuck was that thing? I've never heard of beings made of shadows. For fuck's sake what is Ludo up to?" She asked rhetorically, throwing a hand up in the air with her exasperation. Ray took a deep breath to try and calm down. "Are you sure that nothing about that specter was familiar, not it's voice or mannerisms?" Ray had yet to rule out her previous theories and wanted to double check. That entire encounter had been bizarre and Ray was still reeling from the confusion.

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It does some relief to his pulse and adrenaline as Ray seems just ass enthusiastic as he does to get the hell out of there. And once the bustling Port is in view, Milo glances back at Ray as she speaks. “Yeah, that was fuckin’ awful.” He agrees, releasing her to rub a hand at the back of his neck, still feeling the goosebumps lingering there.

Her question has him shrugging his shoulders, uncertainty lingering through his bones that suddenly feel so heavy with the release of adrenaline that he can’t quite get his mind put back right.  “Th’voice maybe. I was a youngin’ the las’ time someone I knew died. So… Maybe?” He hisses a sigh of frustration through his teeth before shaking his head. “Givin’ me shivers jus’ thinkin’ about it.” He admits a bit ruefully, nose scrunching in distaste.
MILO
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray let out a relieved breath as they got closer to the Port. Her heartbeat began to calm and she felt like she could think more rationally again.  "Agreed. I'm going to be eyeing every shadow I see for a few days at least."  She gave a small shiver. "That was horrible."

Ray listened intently as Milo explained the vague familiarity he felt with the shadow. "Maybe the specters really are unique to each person. I'll have to ask around and see it that theory holds." Ray noticed how uncomfortable Milo seemed talking about it. "Maybe drop it for now and if you think of anything later let me know?" That was Ray's plan at least. Put some distance between herself and the experience and analyze it later. It was a tactic that generally worked for catching anything her adrenaline filled mind had missed.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Aye, same.” He offers with a quiet breathy laugh, able to shake the anxiety and adrenaline spiking up within him with humor – something he’d always been able to do to wash it away. It was easier that way, after all. And so when she listens to him explain whether the shadow was familiar or not, Milo’s stuck between a space of thinking of the figure as well as trying to push it to be the furthest thing from his mind.

He sighs lightly, nodding to Ray once people begin to swallow them up in the bustling business of the Port – Milo remaining close to Ray’s side throughout it all. “Yeah, I’ll do m’best to keep it in mind. Letcha know if I figure anythin’ out.” He still can’t help the edge of a frown that grows on his lips, but he shakes his head in an attempt to get rid of it. “Find ya in yer usual spot?” He asks, honeyed gaze drifting over to look at her.
MILO
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray felt the last of the tension bleed out of her muscles once they were well and truly back at the Port. The swarm of people instantly absorbing Ray and Milo. Who would have thought the loud and chaotic bustle could be so calming? She nodded as Milo spoke, glad that he would keep her in the loop. Ray was determined to get to the bottom of what Ludo was up to. If not for her network, then for her peace of mind at least. She gave Milo a grin before they parted ways. "Of course. My door is always open for business." Ray said before turning a bit more serious. "Take care Milo. Who knows what else Ludo has planned?"

r a y

—Albert Camus

Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
Her grin is met with a bit more ease from Milo now that the crowd swallows them up. And the confirmation of whether or not her door is open for him to come and relay the information to. Really, he should know better, seeing as Ray typically had all the good information as well as some of the best gossip Torchline had going around.

So he dips his head to her, beginning to step away. “Hopef’lly no more’a that ghost shit.” But they would all be in for a surprise, wouldn’t they? When it continued again and again until it would eventually stop. It had to, right? “See ya Ray.” He calls, giving a small wave over the head of someone before he disappears into the crowd.

- FIN <3
MILO